PDA

View Full Version : Why Gamer's Hate When They Loosing In SF4!!!

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Fisrt of all Good Morning all if u having breakfast Bon Appetit,Well like i say in the tile why gamer' hate when they loosing in SF4,im not a pro playing SF4,i win sometime but trust me im loosing a lotttttttttttttt,i bring this topic because in this past day i been playing it online and some Gamer's really hate how i play it,my favorite character is (Zangief)i win some i loosing some too but they send me message like (u only use spint cycle and back bone breake)and i say back what are u talking u use wass playing with Character Ryu and i say it u use all the time haducken,i not mad for that some people have they still how play it,like i do i got my still and that mannn they hate it or wehn they use Akuma the same same or when use black with the Electricity same same or Ken or Sagat the same because they have Fire Punch or Haducken,in one time i play it with this guy hi had 3000 point and he loose with me and man he really hate me,i had 2000 point and know i loosing almost with some guys hi had no point now i got 1000 point i dont hate that he play his still i play mine that is what im talking this is for fun i dont care about the point,the only i really hate is when u play it and the other is loosing mannn they desconnect the connection man that i really hate,u guy happened this too or u too hate peaople when they have his own still,feel free and put any opinion ok...

Akuza
06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
People hate losing to people who play cheaply

If someone is going to constantly keep kicking them in the corner keeping them there, then of course they'll hate the game.

If people played properly, they wouldn't have a problem.

I dislike street fighter 4 online, purely because of people like this, it's full of them, it is not "strategy" or "clever" or every football player in the football world would take a BB gun on the pitch with them..

Gamers make the hate for the game, not the game itself

AmbaLaBamba
06-26-2012, 12:40 PM
People hate losing to people who play cheaply

If someone is going to constantly keep kicking them in the corner keeping them there, then of course they'll hate the game.

This is exactly the reason why I wont play online anymore, I only played three times roughly online and got my ass kicked each time by a player who just played the same move over and over.

I though fighting games were about technique and skill, but apparently it's not.

If you beat me fair and square using a range of moves then well done, you deserve it. But when you trap me in a corner and spam me with the same lame moves, you deserve nothing more than a slap on the head.

This is the reason that I try and fight against friends online, a couple of them I know just play it as it should be. Sometimes I outplay them and win, sometimes I lose but losing isn't so bad because I'm not getting an Hadouken up the arse 24/7!

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 12:56 PM
ok that true but then what u tell about the other charaters Ryu,Ken,Sagat,Blanka,others who have the same same style like u say put in the corner and make the cheaply like u say is the same same this is my style and i bet all other players have there own style when they use to me all the time the haducken? i dont mad for that but when i use mine ahhhh they hate it come on!!!!!

AmbaLaBamba
06-26-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't really count spamming moves as a style to be perfectly honest, it's cheap, at least in my eyes. A style is when you can put moves together and flawlessly execute them, or at least try to do so.

Doesn't take much skill to spam a button sequence etc.

ChickinOnaChain
06-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Some people don't like losing no matter how or what the game is. And some will accuse the other of cheating, send messages and crap like that. That's why I never played with randoms. And since I've become a Silver, I don't have to even think about playing anyone.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 01:29 PM
some people don't like losing no matter how or what the game is. And some will accuse the other of cheating, send messages and crap like that. That's why i never played with randoms. And since i've become a silver, i don't have to even think about playing anyone.
that is the most opinion valid that true much better no playing it trully trully,but they hate only the other use haducken all the time and what about akuma damnnn air haducken down haducken is the same same but i go what u say much better.

ChromiumDragon
06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't really count spamming moves as a style to be perfectly honest, it's cheap, at least in my eyes. A style is when you can put moves together and flawlessly execute them, or at least try to do so.

Doesn't take much skill to spam a button sequence etc.

But this is the fault of the game developers, not the players.

Players are playing to win. The game was developed in such a way that trapping you in the corner and spamming a few random moves is a much more effective technique than putting a series of power moves together properly.

You (speaking generally) are more than welcome to play as stylishly as you choose to. But don't be surprised when you're beaten regularly by a lamer but more effective strategy.

I equate it to most online shooters. Why do so many people just blindly run around the map with no rhyme or reason and completely ignore the objective, shooting anything that moves instead of developing a team-based strategy to complete the objective of the game? Because going lone-wolf with guns blazing gets you more points, more kills, and therefore more wins. Going with a team-based plan may be the more skillful way to play, but it's not going to win you too many games.

The same thing applies here -- a well-done string of moves may show more skill, but it's not going to win you as many games as spamming random moves while your opponent is trapped in the corner.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 02:53 PM
But this is the fault of the game developers, not the players.

Players are playing to win. The game was developed in such a way that trapping you in the corner and spamming a few random moves is a much more effective technique than putting a series of power moves together properly.

You (speaking generally) are more than welcome to play as stylishly as you choose to. But don't be surprised when you're beaten regularly by a lamer but more effective strategy.

I equate it to most online shooters. Why do so many people just blindly run around the map with no rhyme or reason and completely ignore the objective, shooting anything that moves instead of developing a team-based strategy to complete the objective of the game? Because going lone-wolf with guns blazing gets you more points, more kills, and therefore more wins. Going with a team-based plan may be the more skillful way to play, but it's not going to win you too many games.

The same thing applies here -- a well-done string of moves may show more skill, but it's not going to win you as many games as spamming random moves while your opponent is trapped in the corner.
so so true that,valid opinion is a default from the game,but man they hate it they send me message uffff is i tell u i dont finish LOL and i never when they beat me i never do that never send him a message with bad words,contrair i send him message good job nice nice but then they send me (u suck negro) with spining only and back bone breacker and other stuf u see what i mean

ChromiumDragon
06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
so so true that,valid opinion is a default from the game,but man they hate it they send me message uffff is i tell u i dont finish LOL and i never when they beat me i never do that never send him a message with bad words,contrair i send him message good job nice nice but then they send me (u suck negro) with spining only and back bone breacker and other stuf u see what i mean

That's got nothing to do with SF4. That happens because most people are just immature assholes. It happens with every game; people will find a reason to send you messages calling you all sorts of names, thinking you actually give a fuck about their opinion.

Welcome to X-Box Live. :D

wariowarrior
06-26-2012, 03:15 PM
With Zangief in general good players can counter his double lariat and powerful throws fairly easily. When I was playing it loads you could never finish with an ultra or super as most people would just disconnect. That was really annoying.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 03:26 PM
That's got nothing to do with SF4. That happens because most people are just immature assholes. It happens with every game; people will find a reason to send you messages calling you all sorts of names, thinking you actually give a fuck about their opinion.

Welcome to X-Box Live. :D
true true valid opinion thk :)

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 03:28 PM
With Zangief in general good players can counter his double lariat and powerful throws fairly easily. When I was playing it loads you could never finish with an ultra or super as most people would just disconnect. That was really annoying.
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn bro that is the most anoying thing man that is really true i hate that man because i dont care what type of skill or style the other gamer had if i loose cool great but when i winning damnnnnnnnnn they do that desconnect the connection that is really anoying :uzi:

ChromiumDragon
06-26-2012, 03:30 PM

I think there's a couple of reasons for this.

One is the obvious poor attitude of players who don't like to lose. And I think this is the most prevalent. They're sore losers who would rather disconnect than let you have the win you earned. As a bonus, they may send you a message with a detailed description of your mother's sexual exploits.

But another one is that, in some games, early concession is actually the norm, and forcing the game to play out to its conclusion is actually seen as unsporting.

Magic: The Gathering and other similar card games are a prime example. If you're playing a combo deck and are in mid-combo, it's usually considered polite for your opponent to quit instead of making you play out the whole thing. The same applies to board position -- if your board position is so strong as to be unstoppable or if you're about to attack for lethal damage, the opponent will usually quit rather than force you to go through the motions. In fact, finishing off the combo or attacking anyway after your opponent has conceded will sometimes be interpreted as "showing off", and is considered unsporting.

Now if you put a player who plays games under those rules, they may think that ending the game prematurely is the right thing to do, because that's what they've done in other games. They don't look at it as being a sore loser -- they think they're saying "I concede. You win.". They're probably looking at you pulling off your ultra-super-combo as unsporting, just like you're looking at their disconnection as unsporting.

They're easily in the minority. But I *have* played people who were in that mindset. I've had conversations with players that have gone like this:

Me: you shouldn't have disconnected.
Them: Why? you won. Wanna move on to the next game.
Me: Because I don't get the credit for the win if you leave early.
Them: oh. Didn't know that. I figured it would give you the game once I DC'ed.
Me: nope. Don't DC next time.

Tsaako
06-26-2012, 03:36 PM
This thread would probably be better suited in the SF4 game forum rather than this one.

Anyways, I don't play SF4, I tried it and couldn't get into it. I thought it was just too hard lol. At the end of the day I don't think anyone likes losing in any game.

niko da bos
06-26-2012, 03:48 PM
This thread would probably be better suited in the SF4 game forum rather than this one.

Anyways, I don't play SF4, I tried it and couldn't get into it. I thought it was just too hard lol. At the end of the day I don't think anyone likes losing in any game.

i didnt even know what the hell SF4 is, after some reading apparently its a fighting game lol.

well ive always had the same opinion on those games, that repetitive spamming moves in the corner thing is very low class. lol i would put it on par as like kids who camp in the corner of call of duty with a silencer, then wait for people to walk by so they can shoot them in the ass.

not only is it low class, but requires next to no skill at all. me and my childhood friend used to play old school mortal combat all the time. of course we could of just pounded eachother into the corner with nonstop high kicks to the face, but thats boring as hell. honestly, the last time i tried to play a fighter online (marvel vs capcom or something) i ended up just putting down the controller and letting him win. the game is 0% fun when losers spam cheap moves to keep you pinned in a corner.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 03:48 PM
I think there's a couple of reasons for this.

One is the obvious poor attitude of players who don't like to lose. And I think this is the most prevalent. They're sore losers who would rather disconnect than let you have the win you earned. As a bonus, they may send you a message with a detailed description of your mother's sexual exploits.

But another one is that, in some games, early concession is actually the norm, and forcing the game to play out to its conclusion is actually seen as unsporting.

Magic: The Gathering and other similar card games are a prime example. If you're playing a combo deck and are in mid-combo, it's usually considered polite for your opponent to quit instead of making you play out the whole thing. The same applies to board position -- if your board position is so strong as to be unstoppable or if you're about to attack for lethal damage, the opponent will usually quit rather than force you to go through the motions. In fact, finishing off the combo or attacking anyway after your opponent has conceded will sometimes be interpreted as "showing off", and is considered unsporting.

Now if you put a player who plays games under those rules, they may think that ending the game prematurely is the right thing to do, because that's what they've done in other games. They don't look at it as being a sore loser -- they think they're saying "I concede. You win.". They're probably looking at you pulling off your ultra-super-combo as unsporting, just like you're looking at their disconnection as unsporting.

They're easily in the minority. But I *have* played people who were in that mindset. I've had conversations with players that have gone like this:

Me: you shouldn't have disconnected.
Them: Why? you won. Wanna move on to the next game.
Me: Because I don't get the credit for the win if you leave early.
Them: oh. Didn't know that. I figured it would give you the game once I DC'ed.
Me: nope. Don't DC next time.
that happened to me i tell the dude why u disconnected hi tell me i dont understan i tell him u disconnected because i wass winnningh don do that ok and then hi tell my bad go again an di spected fight but no hi let me win i dont like that eaither let me win like that i know what u mean is so true

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 03:52 PM
i didnt even know what the hell SF4 is, after some reading apparently its a fighting game lol.

well ive always had the same opinion on those games, that repetitive spamming moves in the corner thing is very low class. lol i would put it on par as like kids who camp in the corner of call of duty with a silencer, then wait for people to walk by so they can shoot them in the ass.

not only is it low class, but requires next to no skill at all. me and my childhood friend used to play old school mortal combat all the time. of course we could of just pounded eachother into the corner with nonstop high kicks to the face, but thats boring as hell. honestly, the last time i tried to play a fighter online (marvel vs capcom or something) i ended up just putting down the controller and letting him win. the game is 0% fun when losers spam cheap moves to keep you pinned in a corner.
ok and when tey use to u the haducken only what u say is the same same bro and what u mean on callof duty of shooter yeah is the same is a pain in the ass i really in shooter dont do that i radder dead playing in full power in those game than put mein the corner and star sooting naaaaaaaaaaa dont like that

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 03:55 PM

well then that is not be a good sport i dont care if i win or loose i love playing game if i win good but if i losse good too bro u dont gonna win all the time

CHIRUNO99
06-26-2012, 04:09 PM
IMO, people can be spoilt brats that have to have their own way. They have to have this or that no matter what it takes, which is annoying. People will play cheap when it annoys the hell out of me, and they will win which will piss me off even more, and then when you're about to win they'll disconnect, attempting to keep their W/L clean. It's pathetic.

Taking a loss isn't a lost art, in fact MUM AND/OR DAD SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT A LONG TIME AGO and at the end of the day, it's just a game. I've seen people in tournaments take their losses more humbly than on-line, and they're actually playing for something more than just 1W.

I stopped playing SF4 a long time ago mainly because of this, I only really play SC5 or Skullgirls with others.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 04:14 PM
i didnt even know what the hell sf4 is, after some reading apparently its a fighting game lol.

Well ive always had the same opinion on those games, that repetitive spamming moves in the corner thing is very low class. Lol i would put it on par as like kids who camp in the corner of call of duty with a silencer, then wait for people to walk by so they can shoot them in the ass.

Not only is it low class, but requires next to no skill at all. Me and my childhood friend used to play old school mortal combat all the time. Of course we could of just pounded eachother into the corner with nonstop high kicks to the face, but thats boring as hell. Honestly, the last time i tried to play a fighter online (marvel vs capcom or something) i ended up just putting down the controller and letting him win. The game is 0% fun when losers spam cheap moves to keep you pinned in a corner.
i dont know whta mortal kombat u got i have mortal kombat arcade collection and i rather play that if u have this any time can add me to play ok IM NOT A PRO IN THIS ONE OR IN OTHER ONE BUT I LOVE BETTER THIS GAME THAN OTHER TYPE OF FIGHTING AND I NEED TO DO SOME ACHIEVE TOO LOL

TheRedComet
06-26-2012, 05:22 PM
There are two reasons people play this way:

Animosity. The internet provides all of us with this, making it so much easier to be a d-bag than if you had to look people in the face. The fact that people will receive absolutely 0 reprimand for playing like an asshole is what breeds that kind of "play style" if you even want to call it that. Back in the day when you actually had to go to an arcade to play people in fighting games, you wouldn't do that shit since you're already touching shoulders with your opponent. You had to have some onions to pull off garbage tactics in public. Either that or just really not give a shit about how you are perceived. This is while essentially every fighting game to ever have online play, no matter how balanced it's supposed to be, is broken.

The second thing is just Street Fighter IV's terrible fighting engine in general. Basically one of the worst ever. It's just the Street Fighter EX games disguised as a throwback to Street Fighter II. I'd rather play Bloody Roar than SFIV again.

Chaz Of Sparta
06-26-2012, 05:56 PM
I have only had like one of these, and that was playing DiRT 2. Reported the guy for bad language and, of course, he gets away with it. Now I just change my messaging to 'Friends Only' and only play certain games online.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 06:21 PM
There are two reasons people play this way:

Animosity. The internet provides all of us with this, making it so much easier to be a d-bag than if you had to look people in the face. The fact that people will receive absolutely 0 reprimand for playing like an asshole is what breeds that kind of "play style" if you even want to call it that. Back in the day when you actually had to go to an arcade to play people in fighting games, you wouldn't do that shit since you're already touching shoulders with your opponent. You had to have some onions to pull off garbage tactics in public. Either that or just really not give a shit about how you are perceived. This is while essentially every fighting game to ever have online play, no matter how balanced it's supposed to be, is broken.

The second thing is just Street Fighter IV's terrible fighting engine in general. Basically one of the worst ever. It's just the Street Fighter EX games disguised as a throwback to Street Fighter II. I'd rather play Bloody Roar than SFIV again.
so let me think if i understand u,u say the place like Malls they have room of game that type oh give when people with people play,it is that is much better that way but anyway i think the people is a litlle bit ignorant and be mad for loose in the game they beat me all the time with the same same skill and i never send bad message to thm not like them im not like that but damnnn they really got this very very seriously i think im not gonna play no more SF4 online

Jakez123
06-26-2012, 07:10 PM
This is exactly the reason why I wont play online anymore, I only played three times roughly online and got my ass kicked each time by a player who just played the same move over and over.

I though fighting games were about technique and skill, but apparently it's not.

If you beat me fair and square using a range of moves then well done, you deserve it. But when you trap me in a corner and spam me with the same lame moves, you deserve nothing more than a slap on the head.

This is the reason that I try and fight against friends online, a couple of them I know just play it as it should be. Sometimes I outplay them and win, sometimes I lose but losing isn't so bad because I'm not getting an Hadouken up the arse 24/7!

I don't understand, how do you consistently get hit by the exact same move and lose? I mean come on, it's easy to beat spammers, if you can't figure out a counterattack then maybe fighting games isn't for you.

Mandalorian831
06-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the internet. Where any and everyone can and just might talk crap to you because you did something they don't like, you caused them to lose or something along those lines.

On a side note, I don't have SF4(I have SSF4) but if your looking for someone to play with(on SSF4 that is) then send me a message. GT- Mandalorian831

AmbaLaBamba
06-26-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't understand, how do you consistently get hit by the exact same move and lose? I mean come on, it's easy to beat spammers, if you can't figure out a counterattack then maybe fighting games isn't for you.

I tried my best to block but as soon as I came out of it and tried to attack they just kept coming at me, I'm not saying I'm any good at fighting games (I'm shit to be quite frank) but I just couldn't counter anything he did.

My first ever ranked match :') http://youtu.be/Fmw0nlsJ4Ig

ChromiumDragon
06-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Animosity. The internet provides all of us with this, making it so much easier to be a d-bag than if you had to look people in the face. The fact that people will receive absolutely 0 reprimand for playing like an asshole is what breeds that kind of "play style" if you even want to call it that. Back in the day when you actually had to go to an arcade to play people in fighting games, you wouldn't do that shit since you're already touching shoulders with your opponent. You had to have some onions to pull off garbage tactics in public. Either that or just really not give a shit about how you are perceived.

As someone who grew up as a teenager in arcades, i can say that this is false.

There was never any "style" to arcade play. If some kid could trap you in a corner and beat the snot out of you, he'd do it in a heartbeat. And he'd gladly keep doing it until you ran out of quarters. And plenty of kids acted like a snide d-bag in the process: They knew you weren't going to do anything about it without risking getting thrown out of the arcade, and many of them had their friends cheering them on, so they figured they'd act like a macho d-bag and get patted on the back by their 12 year old friends.

As for garbage tactics: there was an old WWF 4 player video game that came out when I was a kid that was popular at my arcade for exactly one day. Why? Because two kids figured out how to hog the whole game and make sure nobody else could play: A new player to the match would always enter at the same spot. One of the two players stood at that spot and grabbed him before the new player gained full control of the character. He'd then get whipped into player 2 who would backdrop him out of the ring, and the game would be over. Due to the way the controls were programmed (an active player could grapple with a new player while the "enter the ring" animation was still going on), there was absolutely nothing the player could do about this except watch his quarter get wasted.

And that's what every kid who was playing with a friend did. By the second day, the game was virtually abandoned because nobody wanted to play it.

TheRedComet
06-26-2012, 09:18 PM
As someone who grew up as a teenager in arcades, i can say that this is false.

There was never any "style" to arcade play. If some kid could trap you in a corner and beat the snot out of you, he'd do it in a heartbeat. And he'd gladly keep doing it until you ran out of quarters. And plenty of kids acted like a snide d-bag in the process: They knew you weren't going to do anything about it without risking getting thrown out of the arcade, and many of them had their friends cheering them on, so they figured they'd act like a macho d-bag and get patted on the back by their 12 year old friends.

Sounds like you grew up with a bunch of d-bags. My arcade experiences have been the exact opposite. Honor and competitiveness. Also, this was with people in their 20's so they had less of a reason to impress anyone since we all knew we were losers and wasting our time on the most useless skill known to man, getting good at a fighting game. Same with playing fighting games on console at live on-site tournaments.

I notice a lot of people referencing corner beatdowns as cheap tactics. I don't agree with that, as being in the corner is supposed to be disadvantageous, much like getting up against the walls in VF and Tekken. I think it's up to the player themselves to escape that situation using the tools various games provide you (evasive roll in GG and BB, parry in SFIII, controlled wake-up in VF and Tekken) but with SFIV, which basically gives you nothing like this unless you want to count the trash Focus attack what are you supposed to do but get Double Lariat'd in the corner until you're dead? There's always a "right" and "wrong" way to do it. "Right" being using combos or juggles (again, escapable in GG and BB) while the "wrong" way is someone using Dudley's low HK for what appears to be an infinite loop is SFIII (which renders the parry mechanic useless). It all really depends on your perspective I guess. I personally respect people more who can do the former rather than the latter.

DJConnelly
06-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Whenever I lose on that game it doesn't even matter if it was fair, I am convinced I should have won :P Unless they are seriously like a monster at the game. Which unfortunately, is all I ever find any more. Haven't gone in ages now because it's just me shouting at my T.V and throwing stuff.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 09:38 PM
sounds like you grew up with a bunch of d-bags. My arcade experiences have been the exact opposite. Honor and competitiveness. Also, this was with people in their 20's so they had less of a reason to impress anyone since we all knew we were losers and wasting our time on the most useless skill known to man, getting good at a fighting game. Same with playing fighting games on console at live on-site tournaments.

I notice a lot of people referencing corner beatdowns as cheap tactics. I don't agree with that, as being in the corner is supposed to be disadvantageous, much like getting up against the walls in vf and tekken. I think it's up to the player themselves to escape that situation using the tools various games provide you (evasive roll in gg and bb, parry in sfiii, controlled wake-up in vf and tekken) but with sfiv, which basically gives you nothing like this unless you want to count the trash focus attack what are you supposed to do but get double lariat'd in the corner until you're dead? There's always a "right" and "wrong" way to do it. "right" being using combos or juggles (again, escapable in gg and bb) while the "wrong" way is someone using dudley's low hk for what appears to be an infinite loop is sfiii (which renders the parry mechanic useless). It all really depends on your perspective i guess. I personally respect people more who can do the former rather than the latter.
dont tell me u never put a player in the corner and beat it if u say no u a big liar averyone make that move everyone this is the same same i dont care i w in or loose i care to play if the othe rplayer getting mad i dont care,becasue that how i play it i think im not getting more fight if people come weith that attitude is not worthy play no more

xXxDave69prxXx
06-26-2012, 09:40 PM
i tried my best to block but as soon as i came out of it and tried to attack they just kept coming at me, i'm not saying i'm any good at fighting games (i'm shit to be quite frank) but i just couldn't counter anything he did.

My first ever ranked match :') http://youtu.be/fmw0nlsj4ig
see this is what i meant look al the time haduken is the same thing im doing with the back bone brake ror the lariat or anything but noooooooooo,people get mad come on the same thing the guys do to ambala

Jakez123
06-27-2012, 01:14 AM
I tried my best to block but as soon as I came out of it and tried to attack they just kept coming at me, I'm not saying I'm any good at fighting games (I'm shit to be quite frank) but I just couldn't counter anything he did.

My first ever ranked match :') http://youtu.be/Fmw0nlsJ4Ig

WOW GOOD GOD how did you lose? His tactic was pretty obvious, if that was me and i lost the first round due to his shoryuken spam then i would of countered it on round 2.

All he did was jump next to you, block then shoryuken, but every single time he came out of the jump you tried to attack him and he punished you after he blocked.

That was your fault, half the game he repeated the same patterns.

Cmpunk
06-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Spammers are just bad players but people who lose to them are even worse players. People who quit to avoid a loss are scrubs, that is pretty much a fact in any game. I never understood spammers though. It only takes about thirty minutes to go into training mode and learn combos. No excuses. Who wants a spammed win? This is why you'll never be remembered in the game or looked at on the leaderboards. To avoid losing to spammers, block then lock in a sufficient combo.. works every time!

By the way don't quit. Man/Woman up and accept the loss. You'll never get better if you don't..

Kaiyo
06-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Too much spammers ruin 2d fighting games.

TheRedComet
06-27-2012, 02:30 AM
dont tell me u never put a player in the corner and beat it if u say no u a big liar averyone make that move everyone this is the same same i dont care i w in or loose i care to play if the othe rplayer getting mad i dont care,becasue that how i play it i think im not getting more fight if people come weith that attitude is not worthy play no more

I notice a lot of people referencing corner beatdowns as cheap tactics. I don't agree with that, as being in the corner is supposed to be disadvantageous, much like getting up against the walls in VF and Tekken. I think it's up to the player themselves to escape that situation using the tools various games provide you (evasive roll in GG and BB, parry in SFIII, controlled wake-up in VF and Tekken) but with SFIV, which basically gives you nothing like this unless you want to count the trash Focus attack what are you supposed to do but get Double Lariat'd in the corner until you're dead? There's always a "right" and "wrong" way to do it. "Right" being using combos or juggles (again, escapable in GG and BB) while the "wrong" way is someone using Dudley's low HK for what appears to be an infinite loop is SFIII (which renders the parry mechanic useless). It all really depends on your perspective I guess. I personally respect people more who can do the former rather than the latter.

There you go.

keyserheel1
06-27-2012, 02:57 AM
that is the most opinion valid that true much better no playing it trully trully,but they hate only the other use haducken all the time and what about akuma damnnn air haducken down haducken is the same same but i go what u say much better.

I have no idea if this is English or not.

FFFreak1129
06-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Alot of people are sore losers. It happens in all games you try to play and they are losing and they disconnect because they don't want to take the loss. Some will even send you a message after telling you that you suck and are a cheater, but they were the one that disconnected. I think some people have a warped sense of reality.

I'm not that good at SFIV. I played it when it came out but haven't in a while. I don't care if people use those corner tactics. If I get stuck in a corner its my fault and I just have to try to find a way out. I did like going up against spammers though. Those were usually easy wins because you just have to figure out how to counter what they are doing and after that its pretty easy.

DJConnelly
06-27-2012, 04:06 AM
Friends who want to stay friends don't discuss religion or politics. Or Street Fighter.

hydrosugar
06-27-2012, 06:34 AM

QFT. The only form of spamming that bothers me is the type with a modded controller. Otherwise, it's really just them telling me their next move. Now don't get me wrong, I'd probably lose to SF4 spammers too. But that's because I don't play that game, nor do I like it in the slightest. But if I ever lost to a spammer in a game I play regularly, I put it down to an error in judgement on my part, and move on. It has happened before.

Quitting when losing however is a real problem. Ive heard people proudly exclaim they quit because someone "spammed" against them. Congratulations, you denied someone a victory out of rage to losing against a one trick pony. Have a cookie. But it's usually people quitting for some other stupid reason, like maintaining a good W/L or something. And games that allow this are broken, all online modes should harshly punish quitters.

Cmpunk
06-27-2012, 09:02 AM
QFT. The only form of spamming that bothers me is the type with a modded controller. Otherwise, it's really just them telling me their next move. Now don't get me wrong, I'd probably lose to SF4 spammers too. But that's because I don't play that game, nor do I like it in the slightest. But if I ever lost to a spammer in a game I play regularly, I put it down to an error in judgement on my part, and move on. It has happened before.

Quitting when losing however is a real problem. Ive heard people proudly exclaim they quit because someone "spammed" against them. Congratulations, you denied someone a victory out of rage to losing against a one trick pony. Have a cookie. But it's usually people quitting for some other stupid reason, like maintaining a good W/L or something. And games that allow this are broken, all online modes should harshly punish quitters.

On Blazblue if you quit too much your online name will go from white to red.. indicating you're a quitter for everyone to see with no removal. How shameful.

hydrosugar
06-27-2012, 09:06 AM
On Blazblue if you quit too much your online name will go from white to red.. indicating you're a quitter for everyone to see with no removal. How shameful.

Haha I honest to God just bought that game today. No immediate plans to play online, but that's good to know. I hated how Naruto UNS 2 had the illusuion of identifying quitters with a "disconnection frequency", however it only took into account the last 10 matches. So someone could quit before losing until they reached 500 wins and 0 losses, then play the next 10 matches to the very end. At the very worst their record would be 500/10, with a 0/10 disconnection frequency. While not to that extent, a lot of people were doing this.

I even outright stopped finishing opponents off with a flashy move that gave them time to quit (Team Ultimate Jutsu), and made sure to use quick moves that took them to the end screen before they could dashboard.

Cmpunk
06-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Haha I honest to God just bought that game today. No immediate plans to play online, but that's good to know. I hated how Naruto UNS 2 had the illusuion of identifying quitters with a "disconnection frequency", however it only took into account the last 10 matches. So someone could quit before losing until they reached 500 wins and 0 losses, then play the next 10 matches to the very end. At the very worst their record would be 500/10, with a 0/10 disconnection frequency. While not to that extent, a lot of people were doing this.

I even outright stopped finishing opponents off with a flashy move that gave them time to quit (Team Ultimate Jutsu), and made sure to use quick moves that took them to the end screen before they could dashboard.

Yay. Maybe we can spar sometime? But yeah, this is why you don't use astral heat finishers in ranked matches because a 10 second cutscene plays. Oh gawd.. Naruto. Lots of quitters.. Annoying, especially since its hard to win as it is.

hydrosugar
06-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Yay. Maybe we can spar sometime? But yeah, this is why you don't use astral heat finishers in ranked matches because a 10 second cutscene plays. Oh gawd.. Naruto. Lots of quitters.. Annoying, especially since its hard to win as it is.

Once I got a gameplan going I was winning most of the time. So I experienced a fair bit of opposition quitting. Maybe 10% of the time someone would quit. However 90% of the time I used the flashy move people would quit. So I might steer clear of Astral Heat finishers as well if I ever stray online. (Not that I expect to be anywhere near as good at Blazblue, just bought it on impulse to try something different.)

CHIRUNO99
06-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Why dosen't EVERY GAME do this? I know some games give an XP penalty such as voiding the next few games, or losing 5%-10% from XP after a match win or loss. The whole "Yeah you won, I'm just moving onto the next fight" excuse shouldn't wash either.

It's harsh but it's fair, especially since quitters ruin the fun for others. The needs of the many overule here.

Of course there's the issue of "How can we tell the difference form quitters and people who have disconnected as a technical fault."

V3T Hunter
06-27-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm not a fan of playing games like that online because there's too many people that just want a cheap easy win.

hydrosugar
06-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Why dosen't EVERY GAME do this? I know some games give an XP penalty such as voiding the next few games, or losing 5%-10% from XP after a match win or loss. The whole "Yeah you won, I'm just moving onto the next fight" excuse shouldn't wash either.

It's harsh but it's fair, especially since quitters ruin the fun for others. The needs of the many overule here.

Of course there's the issue of "How can we tell the difference form quitters and people who have disconnected as a technical fault."

Well it can suck for people who were forcibly disconnected. This happened to me a fair bit on the Wii when I played Mario Kart, that game punished me harshly and I moved on. But my main gripe is when the person who was quit on doesn't get the win. That's just stupid. If someone was forcibly disconnected, this doesn't affect them negatively. Honestly I would be content with a win to the person quit on, and a loss to the person who quit. That alone would deter most quitting.

FIFA 10 was a strange case. When someone quit you got the win, but it didn't count towards the achievements. Man that was frustrating. There were cases of people having to get 200+ wins before the 100 win achievement (Ton Up) unlocked.

AmbaLaBamba
06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
WOW GOOD GOD how did you lose? His tactic was pretty obvious, if that was me and i lost the first round due to his shoryuken spam then i would of countered it on round 2.

All he did was jump next to you, block then shoryuken, but every single time he came out of the jump you tried to attack him and he punished you after he blocked.

That was your fault, half the game he repeated the same patterns.

As I said it was my first match, I wasn't aware of what he was doing until my friend told me. I could have done things but meh, I was new to it. Even though I've gotten better some of the people on the game just spam moves like a bitch. It's retarded. I've been against worse players than this guy though, much worse.

And my buddy the same, he plays in tourneys so he get extra pissed when he comes across these guys online. Should hear him over chat...

xXxDave69prxXx
06-27-2012, 12:43 PM
sorry my Bad im from puerto rico and my english is not my natural language sorry :)

xXxDave69prxXx
06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
wuawwwww i really dont like that either the othe rplayer disconnected damnn that piss me of but what u gonna do nothing mannn is pain in the ass,and never play naruto never is great that game?and other thing im the one who put this Thred and sorry for my Ignorant but what means (Spammers)???

AmbaLaBamba
06-27-2012, 01:01 PM
wuawwwww i really dont like that either the othe rplayer disconnected damnn that piss me of but what u gonna do nothing mannn is pain in the ass,and never play naruto never is great that game?and other thing im the one who put this Thred and sorry for my Ignorant but what means (Spammers)???

It means when you continually do something, so for instance people are referring to people who press combos or buttons in videos games, thus spamming them. :)

Jakez123
06-27-2012, 01:31 PM
As I said it was my first match, I wasn't aware of what he was doing until my friend told me. I could have done things but meh, I was new to it. Even though I've gotten better some of the people on the game just spam moves like a bitch. It's retarded. I've been against worse players than this guy though, much worse.

And my buddy the same, he plays in tourneys so he get extra pissed when he comes across these guys online. Should hear him over chat...

Don't get me wrong, i understand that it's your first game but you don't need to be a professional at fighters to counter the exact same pattern of moves.

As for people shouting, trust me, i've heard alot of shouting before.

yamayamayaamaa
06-27-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/

Sorry, I had to do it.

Most of you should start from the "Introducing...the Scrub" section.

:)

DJConnelly
06-27-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/

Sorry, I had to do it.

Most of you should start from the "Introducing...the Scrub" section.

:)

I hate the word Scrub. Right up there with nOOb. Probably means I am one. Though how anyone can consider throwing cheap I don't know tbh.

niko da bos
06-27-2012, 05:51 PM

you know, i had the hardest time trying to comprehend the responce to my post being quoted. it was just very broken up, double words and read out-loud it sounded rather goofy. lol i will just leave this thread to the people who know more about fighting games than me, as i can in no way understand wtf dave was trying to post lol.

Cmpunk
06-27-2012, 07:52 PM

Good question. Probably because as Hydro stated, telling the difference between disconnects and lag outs can be tough, though if you've played numerous times on a title online and you keep getting lagged out maybe its time to stop or get better connection because its still unfair to the other player, but obviously not your fault. People even use lag outs as a lying excuse nowadays. Sick..

keyserheel1
06-27-2012, 08:20 PM
sorry my mad im from puerto rico and my english is not my natural language sorry :)

hola, mi nombre es Felipe y yo hemos estado jugando durante 29 años, y he tenido una Xbox ya que la primera salió de 8 o 9 años ... Espero que les guste hablar en nuestro idioma .... Yo puedo entender lo difícil que es hablar un idioma que no están familiarizados.

Brony Saibot
06-28-2012, 06:32 AM
I'm still learning this game. I figured I might as well after playing a good amount xTekken. I am not so sure when or if I'll ever play sf4 online, because I'm so bad and I'll loose for sure

xXxDave69prxXx
06-28-2012, 12:43 PM
you know, i had the hardest time trying to comprehend the responce to my post being quoted. it was just very broken up, double words and read out-loud it sounded rather goofy. lol i will just leave this thread to the people who know more about fighting games than me, as i can in no way understand wtf dave was trying to post lol.
Niko Bro like i say sorry for my English is not my Nature Language Bro Sorry,i put the thred why People hate Lossing in this Game,or they Disconnect the Line when they Loosing,or send u Bad Message like (U suck Negro) stuff like that i never send message to offended any player never some time when they beat me and i dont mind to loose i win but i loose all the time too i send them mesage (Good Job nice nice ) and then,even i send good message to them,they send me bad bad Message that is why i put this thred Bro.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
hola, mi nombre es Felipe y yo hemos estado jugando durante 29 años, y he tenido una Xbox ya que la primera salió de 8 o 9 años ... Espero que les guste hablar en nuestro idioma .... Yo puedo entender lo difícil que es hablar un idioma que no están familiarizados.
si tienes rason es bueno poder hablar con gente que tambien sepan otro idioma,es mi idioma natural el espanol pero me gusta tambien aprender del ingles y quiero aprender mas por eso escribo en este foro es muy bueno y uno aprende y es malo malo eso de que los jugadores se molesten por perder en este juego,como eh dicho eh ganado mis round pero eh perdido muchosssssssssssssssssssss,oh se desconectan del internet por no perder cuando estan perdiendo es malo eso yo nunca eh hecho eso nunca no me importa si pierde oh gane lo que me importa es jugar un rato y pasarla bien pero no la gente se molesta pana estan fuera de liga..

xXxDave69prxXx
06-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm still learning this game. I figured I might as well after playing a good amount xTekken. I am not so sure when or if I'll ever play sf4 online, because I'm so bad and I'll loose for sure
heyyy im bad too i win some but trust me i loose muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i have almost 2500 point in ranket match and now with some guys i think it wass a kid mannnn hi beat me up in some matches and i dont get mad for that it's wass cool because no Bad's words from message and no disconnected connection when win or loose,now i got 1000 point fighting only with him that wass awsome time :) but keep going no worry if u good or bad keep going ok Bro :)

xXxDave69prxXx
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Alot of people are sore losers. It happens in all games you try to play and they are losing and they disconnect because they don't want to take the loss. Some will even send you a message after telling you that you suck and are a cheater, but they were the one that disconnected. I think some people have a warped sense of reality.

I'm not that good at SFIV. I played it when it came out but haven't in a while. I don't care if people use those corner tactics. If I get stuck in a corner its my fault and I just have to try to find a way out. I did like going up against spammers though. Those were usually easy wins because you just have to figure out how to counter what they are doing and after that its pretty easy.
so so TRUE!!!!!

xXxDave69prxXx
06-28-2012, 12:58 PM
It means when you continually do something, so for instance people are referring to people who press combos or buttons in videos games, thus spamming them. :)
thkkkk Ambala thk for getting me out of doubt :)

hydrosugar
06-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Niko Bro like i say sorry for my English is not my Nature Language Bro Sorry,i put the thred why People hate Lossing in this Game,or they Disconnect the Line when they Loosing,or send u Bad Message like (U suck Negro) stuff like that i never send message to offended any player never some time when they beat me and i dont mind to loose i win but i loose all the time too i send them mesage (Good Job nice nice ) and they even i send good message they send me bad bad Message that is why i put this thred Bro.

si tienes rason es bueno poder hablar con gente que tambien sepan otro idioma,es mi idioma natural el espanol pero me gusta tambien aprender del ingles y quiero aprender mas por eso escribo en este foro es muy bueno y uno aprende y es malo malo eso de que los jugadores se molesten por perder en este juego,como eh dicho eh ganado mis round pero eh perdido muchosssssssssssssssssssss,oh se desconectan del internet por no perder cuando estan perdiendo es malo eso yo nunca eh hecho eso nunca no me importa si pierde oh gane lo que me importa es jugar un rato y pasarla bien pero no la gente se molesta pana estan fuera de liga..

heyyy im bad too i win some but trust me i loose muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i have almost 2500 point in ranket match and now with some guys i think it wass a kid mannnn hi beat me up in some matches and i dont get mad for that it's wass cool because no Bad's words from message and no disconnected connection when win or loose,now i got 1000 point fighting only with him that wass awsome time :) but keep going no worry if u good or bad keep going ok Bro :)

so so TRUE!!!!!

thkkkk Ambala thk for getting me out of doubt :)

Try to use the multi quote option in the future.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-28-2012, 01:30 PM
ok thk is because i read each one of them that why but thk Bro for the Adviced :)

keyserheel1
06-28-2012, 08:32 PM

Keep on writing and learning....My Sanish has dropped off a bunch(mucho):woop:

xXxDave69prxXx
06-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Keep on writing and learning....My Sanish has dropped off a bunch(mucho):woop:
jajajajjaj thk Bro im gonna tried jejeje for the adviced :)