PDA

View Full Version : Vs Web Of Shadows?

Evo Kazz
06-26-2012, 06:25 PM
I thought WoS was an amazing game, and Shattered Dimensions was decent enough, Edge Of Time bored me, how does this compare?

demonizer_andy
06-26-2012, 06:39 PM
to be fair i expected a lot from WoS and i was disappointed i got rid of it pretty early on in its life without completing it, shattered dimentions just wasnt up to standards in my view either and didnt bother with edge of time for that reason, this one iv got about 8 hours of game time most of that has been spent getting collectables but in my eyes its been the best spiderman for a long time i enjoyed 2 and 3 as they were the benchmarks in free roam, the gameplay is good the graphics are acceptable, the collectables aint tedious, the side missions seem to have purpose theres plenty to unlock like bios and comics, iv enjoyed it, iv had my ass kicked a few times, and some of the boss fights are pretty simple but i think this is a big benchmark for future spidey games, deffo worth a purchase

JayMax
06-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Just started playing Amazing Spiderman yesterday, I loved Web of Shadows, my feelings are WoS was more enjoyable. Simply I thought the story which Amazing Spiderman is mildly derivative of, was stronger in WoS. Without spoilers, WoS was pretty much Spiderman meets 28 Days, which is a great idea. It's based on a pretty logical spinoff of stuff in the Spiderman universe and expands from there. In Amazing Spiderman, Peter just seems to cause one problem after another, and it annoyed the crap out of me.

Side note: As to avoid spoilers I didn't go into specifics, but when you play the game's opening and Pete's solution to the opening problem you will understand. What really drove me nuts though, was the fact that if you play the game before seeing the movie which is possible, a major plot point is given away from the movie. :mad: ARGGGH!!! They could have avoided mentioning it until later in the game, having a particular character unable to talk about it until later in the game. Not cool.

Back on track, also not as big a fan of some of the mechanics. The boss fights in Amazing seemed to be geared towards Spiderman only beating them the way the game wants you to. So if the mechanic or logic that is needed doesn't make sense to you, you have to wait till the game tells you how it wants to win the fight. I.E. Rhino and only armored trucks, as opposed to the invincible brick walls & fencing, or picking up a car. The giant Spider Slayer who's legs can only be destroyed after doing set things earlier, etc. As opposed to when you fight Oscorp guys or inmates and the game lets you use a diversity of things to beat them any way you want. Sneaky, containers, blinding with extinguishers or tanks, etc. That flip flopping logic is distracting, as opposed to the simplified play in WoS.

So far, I'm kind of slogging thru Amazing Spiderman. It's not a bad game, but it's not a game I'll be looking back on as fondly as I do WoS. Points though go to Amazing Spiderman for it's DLC implementation, great idea. The Future Foundation suit looks sweet!