PDA

View Full Version : Gamefly

Bodangles
09-02-2007, 08:45 AM
hey should i get gamefly or just keep going down to blockbuster for my games? oh and if i do get gamefly, i would get the two games out right? some insight would be great and hopefully money-friendly ;)

VaRIABLE SoUL
09-02-2007, 11:23 AM
I think Gamefly has a $8.99 promo for the first month and the it's like $12.99 for one game out and $15.99 for 2 games out at a time. I was debating on trying this out but sadly i waited too long and now school is back in session so i have less time to sit around and play games :(

I've read a lot of posts here about Gamefly and it seems that people favor it more than blockbuster. the only universal downside is that sometimes you have to wait a while for your game to be available and they say you shouldn't go nuts adding too many games to your list.

JJBDude
09-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Never used Gamefly but I've used other online rental services and from experience they tend to be very speedy in sending out games and on a whole have good customer service. Save a lot of money renting online so it's definitely worth swapping to gamefly I reckon.

angry
09-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Never used Gamefly but I've used other online rental services and from experience they tend to be very speedy in sending out games and on a whole have good customer service. Save a lot of money renting online so it's definitely worth swapping to gamefly I reckon.

:whs I have also used Blockbusters and a cannot pick a fault with them, I C everybody talking about Gamefly i will have to try them out.

messym
09-02-2007, 12:10 PM
I used gamefly for a while but the delivery time is too long if you live on the east coast. I found that delivery was much faster w/ gameznflix.com. I used promo code "emmys" and the rental cost for 3 at a time plans run $12.75 p/month and 2 at a time plans run $9.75 p/month. Plus you can rent blu-ray and HD movies w/ thru gameznflix. If the promo code doesn't work, try googling for another code.

RedBlinky
09-02-2007, 01:41 PM
I think Gamefly has a $8.99 promo for the first month and the it's like $12.99 for one game out and $15.99 for 2 games out at a time. I was debating on trying this out but sadly i waited too long and now school is back in session so i have less time to sit around and play games :(

I've read a lot of posts here about Gamefly and it seems that people favor it more than blockbuster. the only universal downside is that sometimes you have to wait a while for your game to be available and they say you shouldn't go nuts adding too many games to your list.

Um your badly mistaken on the pricing its like 21.99 a month for two games almost 30$ if you want three games. The service sometimes will be really good and worth the money but sometimes it sucks and it takes your games 10-15 days to show up and ends up being a complete waste of money. If you live near the shipping center (for me its california i live in florida) then its probably worth it. Otherwise you just end up like me being frustrated, good news is a free subscription to OXM when you get gamefly.

Also you dont get to choose your games I had enchanted arms at number 12 on my list of course thats what they sent me even though some of the other games i wanted more were "Now" in stock. Also most new games you wont be able to get until months after there release The Bigs, Overlord, and NFL 2k8 Football have been at the top of my list since there release and still no go. It doesn't bother me too much because I like to play alot of games but if your a casual gamer blockbuster is definately the way to go.

antilucid
09-03-2007, 01:35 AM
I have contemplated going to gamefly. I checked out gameznflix once but the trial aspect was so limited as to what I could try, I was immediately turned off.

Oldeez
09-03-2007, 01:46 AM
defanitly gamefly

Bodangles
09-03-2007, 11:34 AM
holy crap thanks messym for the tip. uh i havent started using i yet but just browsing gameznflix.com it is half the price of gamefly plus movies. with the promo code "emmys" its 9.75 a month for 2 out.

Nosomee
09-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Gamefly has a shipping center on the east coast, I don't know how long they've had it for, but I live in florida and it takes me about 5 days from the time I mail one game back to get the other, so the 2-game plan is a must. I love having gamefly, they have alot more games than rental shops, and you don't have to leave the house. Also the $22 is kindof alot if you don't play alot of games, but check their faq for brightspot.tv, it's really easy to get $10 a month automatically taken off your bill.

JoHnOfDaDeAd
09-21-2007, 10:20 PM
use gottaplay great prices 10x fatser than gamefly

Blind x360a
09-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks guys I will be checking out Gamefly and Gameznflix.

xDMWx Burgess
09-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I use Gamefly and they are fairly fast. I just received Eternal Sonata and it was shipped on the 09/18. They also have a fast return if your post office has it, but they give GF confirmation that you sent your game in and they will send you the next game in your Q earlier. They recently added 3 and 4 game plans also. The prices on keep it now are great as well, example $44.00 each for Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata.

matthewaburns
09-22-2007, 02:05 AM
The east coast center is in Pittsburgh. I receive my games in about 2 days usually. I think I pay like 24 something for the 2 game service a month.

Blind x360a
09-22-2007, 02:25 AM
I live in maryland. That will be a quick delivery time, right?

Way Fast CBR
09-22-2007, 01:20 PM
i have blockbuster, and its like 7 something to have a game for a few days, i decieded to go with gamefly seems like its a better way of spending my money on games. im on the east coast and it takes about 2 or 3 days for me to get my games from them. i think its alot better then blockbuster in my opinion

Hyperion89
09-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Oh man, GameFly is amazing. I love it so much. Get it, for sure.

Hulking Bubba65
09-23-2007, 12:41 AM
:whs I have also used Blockbusters and a cannot pick a fault with them, I C everybody talking about Gamefly i will have to try them out.
Sorry man, Gamefly only has 2 shipping centers and they are both in the U.S,.(unless there are secret shipping centers i don't know about.;))As for if you should get gamefly i think its a great deal.(even though i had to end my membership because of dept:mad:)

illmatic630
09-23-2007, 05:39 AM
ive used gamefly and the service is nice..problem with blockbuster is that they wont always have the game...in gamefly they'll usually have it no matter what...i got Madden 08 the week it came out from there and the availability was very low

Autoflow
09-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Ive had gamely for almost a year and when i first got it shipping took alittle while but few months ago they opened the shipping center in PA and now its 2 or 3 day to get the games.

You got to look at it this way, say you want a long game like oblivion but u dont want to pay $50 for it. if u dont work or go to school or leave ur house u can beat it and go for the 1000 points in the 3 or 4 days u have it from blockbuster and pay $8. or you can keep it for a month for almost the same price. and if you do finish it quickly or dont like it you can send it back and play 5 more games that month and its all one flat fee.

PerpetualHeaven
09-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I don't use any of the awesome American services *dies a little inside*. Anyways, from the discussions on here, I believe gamez n' flix was the best.

These are the reasons why some used:
1) More games out for cheaper price
2) Better Turn around rate

But it depends on your location also for #2. Look into gamez n' flix. Also, throw gamefly into the search on here and use the "search title only" and taa daa. You'll see a ton of these. This similar subject was very popular around GSL #2 I believe.

HiddenPandas
09-23-2007, 06:13 PM
I'd say 3 things factor into a decision like this

1. Are you renting more for fun or achievements?
2. How good is the selection of games at your blockbuster?

I used the blockbuster for a month because it was only 14.99 for the first month, and I had one month before school started so I played the crap out of my 360 as I might not touch it again in a long while. But after 5 games the selection didn't seem that great as it initially did, they just had a lot of copies of Bioshock, Madden 08, and NCAA 08. If your Blockbuster has a pretty good selection, it would be hard to not go with that because of the much reduced turnaround time, although you can only have one game out at a time if you don't want your wallet to be brutally assaulted (it's like 30 something dollars for 2 games out at a time). I had a good trial experience with gameznflix though, couple days turnaround. Best part however was that I accidently accessed my count, somehow activated it for payment. I got a couple games shipped to me and was like wtf? So I contacted there costumer service and they solved it right away, refunded my credit, I shipped by the games, no problems no questions.

InSoMnIaC_190
09-24-2007, 01:26 AM
I use GameFly because our local rental places suck. So far if I have a game on my rent list before it comes out I get it two days after actual release ( sometimes even ships a day before it is in stores if it is a street dated game and they already have copies, happened so far with Stuntman and MoH )

You can use Brightspot.tv or whatever which is in their FAQ and that can help you save up to $10 a month off your bill by viewing ads lol.

JesusBread
09-24-2007, 01:33 AM
i have blockbuster, and its like 7 something to have a game for a few days, i decieded to go with gamefly seems like its a better way of spending my money on games. im on the east coast and it takes about 2 or 3 days for me to get my games from them. i think its alot better then blockbuster in my opinion

Why not just use the gamepass with Blockbuster? For $20 a month you can rent as many games as you want. The only drawback to this is you can only have one game out at a time. But there is one pro to it. You can exchange whenever you want. Waiting 3 days for a game to be shipped to you does kind of suck sometimes.

cdawgoku
09-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Here's my experience w/ gamefly.
There're very good at the visual aspect of the website. I've went to 4-5 other online rental services. Gamefly was good, I was renting 3 games at a time, and probably was gonna bump up to 4 until my Xbox broke. Anywho, after about 5 games that went "missing"(not delivered, don't get me as a stealer) they put my account on hold for a 3 day period until they cancelled it b/c of these missing games.

I now go through gottaplay.com but I go back to gamefly.com simply b/c navigating the website is 300X easier.

Shinsetsu
09-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Gamefly's West cost Center is 20 miles or so from my house, so I turn it in one day get it 1 or 2 later. Depends really when I drop off the Envelope at the Post office. A must have.

PerpetualHeaven
09-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Game Fly vs Gamez n' Flix:

Game Fly
1 game - 15.95
2 game - 22.95
3 game - 29.95
4 game - 36.95

Gamez n' Flix
1 game - 8.99
2 game - 12.99
3 game - 16.99

I must also note that I've heard that Gamez n' Flix turn around rate is much quicker (really depends on your location also). Gamez n' Flix used to have a 4,5, and 6 plan but I guess they don't anymore.

Shaaady Souljah
09-28-2007, 07:23 PM
dont forget the most important aspect of gamefly: buying used (and new!) games for cheap. they have tons of games priced under $20. and i rented bioshock the day it came out (brand new) and I had the option to keep it for $45. that is a nice perk. and the longer you are a member, the more you save on purchases.

also: their selection is much bigger. especially if you want to rent older games that have easy achievements...

InSoMnIaC_190
10-02-2007, 03:52 AM
I used gamefly for a while but the delivery time is too long if you live on the east coast. I found that delivery was much faster w/ gameznflix.com. I used promo code "emmys" and the rental cost for 3 at a time plans run $12.75 p/month and 2 at a time plans run $9.75 p/month. Plus you can rent blu-ray and HD movies w/ thru gameznflix. If the promo code doesn't work, try googling for another code.

How quick do you get them I may switch if it is at least 3 days to receive the game. That is a good price.

Conker Rules All
10-02-2007, 05:00 AM
lol i had gamefly but since i was renting games i didn't have time for the games i bought lol

i personally would choose the hollywood video 2 games out a month for 30 dollars because they have a bigger selection and you can pick which exact game you want because it's kind of random at gamefly (what's on your list of course:p)

supermario6582
10-03-2007, 09:52 PM
i've got the 2 game gamefly subscription. it's pretty cool. just sucks to have to wait a long time to get any of the new and good games that are out.

xboxedout
10-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Variable Soul, as I've said before, I tried a few online rentals out and gamefly is hands down the best option out there. They have pretty much every game ever made.

The trick with getting new games right after there release is beating the thousands of people and getting it in your Q and put it on top, before it's released. I did this for Bioshock and Darkness recently and got them in my mailbox about a week after release.

dont forget the most important aspect of gamefly: buying used (and new!) games for cheap. they have tons of games priced under $20. and i rented bioshock the day it came out (brand new) and I had the option to keep it for $45. that is a nice perk. and the longer you are a member, the more you save on purchases.

also: their selection is much bigger. especially if you want to rent older games that have easy achievements...

:drunk YES! Thank you Souljah for reminding me of one of the best perks of gamefly! I picked up several brand new games at a discount thanks to the keep it option. Not to mention I'm now earning rewards, so was able to use $10 of my reward dollars making the game even cheaper ;)

Derrick DS
10-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I also have the Gamefly 2 game rental plan. I used to have it but cancelled it a while back. Between now and then (around a year), almost every game is out and I almost never get the newest games when I set them to the top of my queue. Example, I've had nearly all the October & September releases on my queue, and what did I get when the time came? Bionicle Heroes, sitting in my 28 spot. I mean, c'mon... is my luck that bad?

In terms of quality, I've only had one game come to me that was damaged. My true pet peeve is shipping though. I live in NY, and when it takes longer to ship from PA then CA, I get really pissy with them. I just recently got the Darkness, and it took 8 days to get here from PA. Express shipping my ass.

Its hard to tell from that, but I overall enjoy the service. :-P

patches4711
10-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Those are most of my pet peeves about gamefly as well. I recently went to the 3 game plan just so I would have something to play while I was waiting for my other 1 or 2 games to ship back. Overall once I get a game I have had no problems with any of them being damaged.

Glyndinn
10-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm still quite happy with Gamefly...I'm in Michigan and the games don't take that long to get here.

Also, for some reason they keep sending me 3 games at a time, even though I'm on the two plan. I won't complain, but its weird. :)

hainesdogg
10-10-2007, 02:38 AM
I've been using gamefly for the past 5 months, and I'm very pleased with the service and selection. I'm using the 2 game plan and with my normal purchase schedule, I always have something to play

solidwolf52
10-10-2007, 02:52 AM
Gamefly is a great service. They recently opened up a new shipping center in Pennsylvania so east cost shipping isn't that slow now. It is also much cheaper than Blockbuster.

NobleHawk
10-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I actually got a friend who has gamefly and he said that he got the game Skate. 2 days b4 it release... so really he got it the day it was originally intended to get out instead of that next Friday.

Fueled By RC
10-14-2007, 10:42 AM
sadly I cant get Gamefly because I live in Canada. But We have something similar up here called "Game Access" I pay $40 a Month for up to 4 Games out at a time for as long as I want them. It usually takes a good week after a game comes out to get it, I'll be getting Orange Box on Wednesday.