PDA

View Full Version : Saves for games

xVivaLaGrant
06-26-2012, 09:19 PM
So I was wondering do you delete your save for a game if you get a 1000g?

I have 65gb left on xbox from 250gb..

Leave a comment..

Think I should start deleting s*** to save space :)

TyrannoSpank
06-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Saves are usually pretty small, only thing i delete is the installed game, unless i know i wont play it again, theb everything.

AmbaLaBamba
06-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I only keep the saves if I'm going to use it again, for example Saints Row The Third for the DLC. Everything else I tend to delete; Open Season, Rango etc etc!

Rep
06-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I usually only delete installed games and title updates.

DJConnelly
06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
I just keep everything. Never know when I might go back to something randomly when I'm in the mood. I don't even sell any of my games. They just sit there in a pile that gets bigger every year. I've run out of draws to put them in now.

Xerofox
06-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Go to your hard drive and press X for delete suggestions. Save games take up almost no room unless you have 100+ saves for RPG type of games (Fallout, Skyrim, Oblivion etc.).

Caged
06-26-2012, 10:33 PM
I only delete saves when I don't have the game anymore or I have more than one save file at a time.

DarkReign2021
06-26-2012, 10:36 PM
I usually only delete games that I know longer own. Sometimes I'll hold onto the data just in case I ever intend on getting the game again, but otherwise I have no need for it to be there.

xXxDave69prxXx
06-27-2012, 12:29 AM
yeahhh that happened to me in this day i think i put a thred from that and some guys help me a lot i dont deleted the saved game only the game or like some friedn they lend me some game those when i finish with them and returned to them well i deleted all the game and the saved game!!!!

ChickinOnaChain
06-27-2012, 12:49 AM
I made the mistake of selling an unfinished game and deleting the game file. BIG mistake. I ended up picking the game back up and starting all over again.

But if you THINK you might play the game again, keep the file. It's not that big anyway. You could get a bigger hard drive!!!

Qonok
06-27-2012, 02:19 AM
I was deleting saves but now only do it to games I absolutely know will not have a sequel.
Too many games coming out now that give an achievement for having a save file from a previous game in the series (i.e. Forza 4 and Dragon Age 2).

FFFreak1129
06-27-2012, 03:23 AM
It is rare when I delete a save. They take up very little memory which is a good thing, but also because I never know when I will want to play that game again, so I keep it around for those times. The things that I do delete are installed games. Those take up alot of memory. When I finish with a game I will delete it from my HDD until I decide to play it again.

StolenPaper18
06-27-2012, 03:30 AM
I usually go through my xbox storage every 3 months or so and clean it out. If I haven't played something in 3+ months I'm either never going to play it again or I'd probably need to start over because I'd forgotten everything in the game anyways, lol.

Gackt
06-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Everything few months I delete saves if I think I won't play that game again.

sleepydumbdude
06-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Not usually because just in case DLC and most the time they are small. I have deleted older sports games after I completed them and there is a newer version all ready out.
You can always get a crappy flash drive if you are running out of room and put the saves that you might use in the future on that. I did that but for some saves and some DLC that is over 500 MBs or upload them to that cloud saves.

hydrosugar
06-27-2012, 03:48 AM
Saves are completely insignificant in size. I only ever deleted one and came to regret it later. I do delete it from the hard drive though.

dvdubb
06-27-2012, 04:22 AM
i keep all my saves files...never know when you 'need' it or wanna go back to a game or whatever...

EmporerDragon
06-27-2012, 05:36 AM
I try to keep all my saves whenever possible. Deleting a save to me feels like I'm going "Let's just chuck XX hours of my life into that wastebin over there."

iBuzz7S
06-27-2012, 06:10 AM
I delete all traces of the game from my HDD. No point in keeping it there if I am not going to return to it again.

xVivaLaGrant
06-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Firstly It's good to see people actually spending some time to post. Thanks guys.

So from what I have seen I'm going to try and see what is suggests me to delete and also I just realised how many games I have saved to my hard drive.. A lot more than I expected to say the least.

Cheers people on your thoughts.

Take care and have an awesome day/evening where ever you are in the world :D

V3T Hunter
06-27-2012, 11:16 AM
I used to delete my saves but I haven't done that in years.

StillTIPPIN187
06-27-2012, 05:21 PM
the only time saves take up space is when you have hundreds of them for like a RPG like Fallout/Skyrim..

The rest of the saves, You could probably keep all of them per your whole gaming "career" on the xbox.. and you wouldn't hit a full 1GB of space used just for saves..

Fallout/Skyrim.. Any other RPGs where you can make hundreds of saves are an exception though..

Chaz Of Sparta
06-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Rarely, but I will if the game belongs to my brother which he has sold.

Blink
06-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Game saves are literally minuscule. Media such as videos, music and installed games is what you want to delete.

Tsaako
06-27-2012, 06:19 PM
I do delete but only If I have no intentions of playing the game ever again. Just every few months I'll remove a few saves here and there.

Spanish Assault
06-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Game save of games I haven't completed....other stuff like purchased DLC and large updates go away till I replay them.

RedneckGirls1
06-27-2012, 08:31 PM
I normally do not delete save files unless I do not want to play them again ever, which there have been a few. I am buying a new xbox, with a smaller harddrive for the time being, so I did delete my Oblivion save file, didnt think I could delete the Shivering Isles and play again without it. I now wish I had just saved my save files to a flash drive and reinstalled later.

yourbreakfast99
06-27-2012, 08:33 PM
I just keep everything. Never know when I might go back to something randomly when I'm in the mood. I don't even sell any of my games. They just sit there in a pile that gets bigger every year. I've run out of draws to put them in now.

Pretty much the same plan for me

mrj3d
06-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Depends. Normally I keep save files but delete everything else. The file sizes are usually pretty small. Sometimes I delete them though, if I think there's no chance I'll ever play a game again or any possible sequels.