PDA

View Full Version : A Sign of next-gen

rikib004
06-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Well, I was reading an xbox magazine in the UK which claims that Bungie's newest title (Expected to be released in 2013) is being developed for the next gen console. Obviously that hints at the new xbox being released next year!

I will try to find a link online to back it up

rekikire
06-27-2012, 07:33 AM
blah blah blah, more unfounded rumours from media organisations wanting to make news. Until Microsoft officially says something, nothing is going to happen.

iBuzz7S
06-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Video game publishers and developers can say all they like. Until Microsoft or Sony go on record and confirm that a new console is coming, it's all rumours.

rikib004
06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
I guess that's right, but we can hope!

FFFreak1129
06-27-2012, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if their first game came out on a next gen console. MS hasn't said anything yet so I'm taking all news on next gen stuff with a grain of salt for now.

Cmpunk
06-27-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't see Next-Box being released next year.. It would be announced way before hand. But that's just me. Never know lol.

CHIRUNO99
06-27-2012, 09:08 AM
blah blah blah, more unfounded rumours from media organisations wanting to make news. Until Microsoft officially says something, nothing is going to happen.
This but in my voice.

hydrosugar
06-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Well, I was reading an xbox magazine in the UK which claims that Bungie's newest title (Expected to be released in 2013) is being developed for the next gen console. Obviously that hints at the new xbox being released next year!

I will try to find a link online to back it up

I guess that's right, but we can hope!

Just a rumour ect ect. But why does only one of your posts have a sig attached?

Sarsage
06-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Just a rumour ect ect. But why does only one of your posts have a sig attached?

Witchcraft.

I thought Bungie were making a Halo MMO? At least they were hinting at that in an interview they did.

V3T Hunter
06-27-2012, 10:59 AM
I hate rumors but you never know, it might happen.

DarkReign2021
06-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Witchcraft.

I thought Bungie were making a Halo MMO? At least they were hinting at that in an interview they did.

Not a chance in Hell. Bungie is no longer allowed anywhere near the Halo Franchise. When they decided to separate from Microsoft, part of the negotiation was that Microsoft was allowed to keep 100% of the Halo franchise licensing. That's why Halo 4 is instead being developed by 343, the company MS put together to exclusively handle all projects Halo-related.

Bungie's next project, though still unconfirmed and unrevealed, is strongly rumored to be a faction-based FPSMMO by the name of Destiny. We don't know anything beyond that.

There was a Halo MMO in pre-production at Ensemble, but when MS announced Ensemble was being shut down after Halo Wars, the concept art was released to the public and all plans of an MMO were scrapped (honestly, a Halo MMO would be crap anyway. The universe isn't set up in a manner that would allow the diversity of an MMO like Mass Effect and Borderlands could be.)

ChickinOnaChain
06-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Those rumors sell magazines and that's all.

mrj3d
06-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Those rumors sell magazines and that's all.

Exactly what I was thinking. Waste of time babbling about it.

StillTIPPIN187
06-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Its pretty much confirmed if you look at the Infinity Ward vs Activision case..

Bungie and their next IP code named "Destiny" are mentioned in the case and its going to be a Timed Xbox Exclusive (Current Gen Xbox, and Next Gen) and released on PS3/PS4 around a year later if they can get it to be on par with the Xbox version(s).. (Bungie hasn't really had much experience with the confusing architecture of the PS3, so it makes sense)

Anyways, 4 titles are planned for every other year.. and 4 DLC packs are planned for the game on years they aren't releasing a new title in the series..

That bit of Info Reminds me of Infinity Ward and treyarch, the guys that trade off on CoD every other year and release 4 DLC packs for their games the year they dont make a CoD..

And the last bit of news on this i remember was that the 2nd game will launch of the Current gen Xbox, the Next Gen Xbox, and the PS4, and PC simultaneously.

Oh wait, i found the Contract again..

http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/

Chaz Of Sparta
06-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm not believing anything until Microsoft/Sony officially announce it.

rikib004
06-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah that's the one, Destiny. I guess only time will tell and you would have expected more information on the NextGen console by now if it was due out next year... Maybe we could get a Christmas 13 release.

Metabolic XBA
06-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Obviously it is all just rumor right now and I would never claim otherwise, but Microsoft DID claim ownership of that leaked document that clearly stated the next xbox was to be released in 2013. I know that document is a couple years old and plans change etc etc but do they really have a choice anymore?

What I mean is there are already a lot of talk within the industry of this next-gen wave being too late, about them waiting too long and pushing old hardware too much. Now with a next-gen console, admittedly probably underpowered by MS and Sony's next-gen standards, already hitting the market this year, can they afford to give Nintendo more than a years head start on the market?

The install base for this generation of consoles has pretty much hit it's peak, evidenced by the decline in actual console sales year over year for the past few. Even those numbers are inflated by simple redesigns of the same hardware. If the slim hadn't been released even the meager (by their standards) sales of the past couple of years would probably have been halved.

The next-gen race is going to be an expensive one for both Microsoft and Sony, but the longer they wait the harder it will be to recoup the money being spent.

xKRAIZEEMANx
06-27-2012, 07:52 PM
I will simply go with the idiom, "only time will tell".

NoctisXZ
06-27-2012, 08:47 PM
It would be extremely odd if the next generation of consoles came out next year. It seems way to early for it. Though given the competition between Sony and Microsoft I can't say that I wouldn't be surprised... release the brunt of the information at next years E3 and release in the following months.

It's almost like an arms race at this point. Can't say that I really like it or am looking forward to it but it is what it is.

It'll be interesting to see what features each console brings and how gimmicky they are because honestly we've pretty much reached the pinnacle of what consoles can accomplish graphics wise of course.. the days of touting the realism your system can display are over and should be over, it's time to focus on other much more important things.

I don't know how to put it. But I feel like this will be the non-console gamers console if that makes any sense. Expecting to see lots of things about how integrated each console is with everything else. Exclusive deals with some network and the such.

Not really all that excited about it. Is anyone really?

yourbreakfast99
06-27-2012, 08:56 PM
i highly doubt that the next xbox will come before 2014 or 2013 christmas

DJConnelly
06-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah, it is for the next gen console. The Uber Wii.

CONKER1182
06-27-2012, 09:42 PM
I wouldn`t be surprised if the Xbox 720 is going to cost more than $500 at launch.

Metabolic XBA
06-27-2012, 09:50 PM
It would be extremely odd if the next generation of consoles came out next year. It seems way to early for it.

Even if they came out next year, this is actually the longest console life cycle EVER.

Since 1985, starting with the NES, Nintendo have released a console every 5-6 years.

There were 6 years between the PS1-->PS2 and PS2-->PS3. IF PS4 hit next year it would be 7 years since PS3.

There were only four years between the Xbox and the Xbox 360. Next holiday season will be EIGHT years since the 360 launched.

Not saying that is justification for new systems, just that as far as a lot of people are concerned the next-gen consoles are overdue, not early.

I wouldn`t be surprised if the Xbox 720 is going to cost more than $500 at launch.

I dunno, I know the PS3 was like $600 when it launched because my wife bought me one and she's from the US, how much was the 360 here? Wouldn't surprise me if they released a stripped down 'family' sku and a second fully specced at a higher price point.

rikib004
06-27-2012, 09:50 PM

That's a whole 'nother subject. I agree though, maybe even more.

rikib004
06-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Even if they came out next year, this is actually the longest console life cycle EVER.

Since 1985, starting with the NES, Nintendo have released a console every 5-6 years.

There were 6 years between the PS1-->PS2 and PS2-->PS3. IF PS4 hit next year it would be 7 years since PS3.

There were only four years between the Xbox and the Xbox 360. Next holiday season will be EIGHT years since the 360 launched.

Not saying that is justification for new systems, just that as far as a lot of people are concerned the next-gen consoles are overdue, not early.

I never thought to look into that... I do look forward to what they might bring in with the new console

Gackt
06-27-2012, 11:25 PM

Pretty sure that leaked document that was floating around a week or 2 ago that showed them planning a 2013 release for a new console was confirmed to be legit.

Kunduz
06-27-2012, 11:33 PM
This, however they better show of the next xbox iteration on the next GDC, (preferbly prior to that) or else...

I wouldn`t be surprised if the Xbox 720 is going to cost more than $500 at launch.I bet it's gonna range between 500 and 700