PDA

View Full Version : Problem on xbox

Fabioo
06-27-2012, 04:49 PM
So when I'm playing on my xbox it says "X is online" This X is some random person that isn't even on my friends list and my xbox has said this multiple times. Anyone got an idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

StillTIPPIN187
06-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Never heard of this before..

Try adding "X" and telling them to stop coming online..

Seriously i would probably add them and wait for them to accept or whatever and then remove them.. maybe that would cancel whatever has you guys linked so he appears on your TV when he gets online..

ChickinOnaChain
06-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I've never heard of a notification of some coming online, that wasn't on your FL. You could do what TIPPIN said and see if that works. Who knows, you may become friends.

punker
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Maybe it's a person on your list who recently changed their gamertag.

DOOKH8R
06-27-2012, 05:16 PM
So when I'm playing on my xbox it says "X is online" This X is some random person that isn't even on my friends list and my xbox has said this multiple times. Anyone got an idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

You sure it isn't one of your friends who changed his/her gamertag?

Fabioo
06-27-2012, 05:24 PM
As I said, the person isn't on my friendslist so I don't see how that's possible. I'll try what you said StillTIPPIN187, thanks for the help everyone.

niko da bos
06-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Maybe it's a person on your list who recently changed their gamertag.

thats actually a valid possibility, i wouldnt be surprised if its a friend he has who just recently changed his GT. i know when i changed mine to "Asari Command0" i got a bunch of messages from friends because they were confused lol. i think its best to send out a message letting people know when you change the GT.

if all else fails, and adding + deleting him or something doesnt work, like chickin said maybe you will end up becoming friends :). or you could just perma have notifications off like i do, bwahaha its so quiet on my xbox. thats what they get when they sign on and off all day, i cant stand that shit.

A ZombieTwinkie
06-27-2012, 05:40 PM
So is it actually 'X is online', or is the 'X' a gamertag?

I've had it a few times where someone will change their gamertag, but it won't show it right away. When they sign on, it will show their new tag, not their old one. Usually takes a few days to catch up and correct itself.