PDA

View Full Version : Sqaure-Enix Thinking They "will not do large-scale internal development any longer"

TheRedComet
06-27-2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/square-enix-to-move-toward-outsourcing-in-the-future-230244.phtml

So we already have Capcom outsourcing basically every franchise they own and now Square doesn't want to make their own games either? I don't get the current trend of the big Japanese game companies outsourcing everything to the west and Europe.

mrj3d
06-27-2012, 10:06 PM
I guess Western developers are starting to make the big bucks.

Akuza
06-27-2012, 10:39 PM
What seriously?

So now final fantasy will just get regurgitated over and over with different skins on it? ..

Fuck sake...

DJConnelly
06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
What seriously?

So now final fantasy will just get regurgitated over and over with different skins on it? ..

Fuck sake...

No no no. "Now, don't go running off crying, expecting that the Final Fantasy franchise is ruined. A different, tighter approach could be a good thing, and might make for quicker releases. Besides, Square Enix has been outsourcing projects for some time now." Yes. A good thing -.- Nothing to worry about. *cry cry*

Tsaako
06-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Meh, Even though the wait on FF games was a lengthy one (disregarding spin-offs) I've always thought the wait was worth it. I'd rather have a long developed game being almost perfect than a less time consuming effort with glitches / bugs etc.

I may of misread the article because I skim read it, but meh.

tehapoc
06-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Final Fantasy's been shit for awhile. No need to cry about it. Dragon Quest on the other hand...

The Rabbit Suit
06-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Hopefully they hire Platinum Games. That should make for quite a few games.

Kunduz
06-27-2012, 11:53 PM
What seriously?

Fuck sake...aren't they doing that already?

CASTIGLEE
06-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Ever since Mind Jack, I haven't touched a Square Enix game. D:

FFFreak1129
06-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Hopefully they hire Platinum Games. That should make for quite a few games.

That would be awesome. Would be definite day 1 buys.

Japanese companies have stated that its getting harder to compete with the west, maybe this is a way to kind of catch up?

Onelastbreath
06-28-2012, 11:18 AM
What seriously?

Fuck sake...

Quite frankly after 13 and 13-2 i would be nice to see someone else at the reigns tbh. These games were a big let down to me and perhaps some new input would be beneficial to the series.

Akuza
06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
aren't they doing that already?

Yes but Atleast if it was square they could have gone "hmmm this isn't working... Let's restart"

Now it's more a case of "what's that it was shit? It was the same thing over and over? ... Pfffft don't care it gave us millions, and guess what? We'll do the same next year!"

More of an activision approach ...

Quite frankly after 13 and 13-2 i would be nice to see someone else at the reigns tbh. These games were a big let down to me and perhaps some new input would be beneficial to the series.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong i'll welcome it with open arms as I love final fantasy

But if it's repeat after repeat, won't be buying it again.

12 through to 13-2 have disappointed me horribly, the last half decent game they did was ffx-2 ... Which wasn't even that great...

EliteShadowMan
06-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I just want some good RPG's. I've never played the old FF games too much so i'm not really at a loss.

V3T Hunter
06-28-2012, 03:37 PM
If that's what they wanna do I see no problem with it.

tysonrss
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Final Fantasy's been shit for awhile. No need to cry about it. Dragon Quest on the other hand...

LOL.

Dragon Quest is so boring. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into it. Though I do like 9 on the DS.

Anyway, this is so gay. With the west taking over, everything will be fucking guns and first person.