PDA

View Full Version : RIP Radical Entertainment 1991-2012

Metabolic XBA
06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
If a tweet from a former employer is to be believed Prototype developer Radical has shut down today. Another studio closure so soon after Big Huge Games isn't a good sign if it's true. Sucks too, I just finished up my first run through of P2 this morning and I enjoyed the shit out of it.

Floorkiller
06-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Is there anything to back this up other than a tweet from a former employee?

Edit: I see lots of chatter about it on their FB page, but nothing official. A bummer if true.

ChickinOnaChain
06-28-2012, 07:58 PM
It sucks anytime a business shuts down...gaming studio or not. Sad to hear, for all involved.

Spock
06-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Is there anything to back this up other than a tweet from a former employee?

http://kotaku.com/5922129/prototype-creators-shutting-down

They basically fired most of the staff and whoever's left works on supporting other Activison products.

It's not like a very good developer was shut down. Prototype was average.

DecadentBeaver
06-28-2012, 08:14 PM
That's a shame, this is happening all to frequently these days.

Gackt
06-28-2012, 08:18 PM
That's a shame, this is happening all to frequently these days.

Developers need to make free to play games, make it so you pay for vanity style items via micro transactions. 100% digital. This way there is no need for publishers.
The developers for Path of Exile are doing just this very thing, which gives them the freedom to do what they want, take as long as they want and never have to be worried about someone like fuckin activision shutting you down.

Or just destroy Activision and and slay Bobby Kotick...that would wonderful.

tehapoc
06-28-2012, 08:27 PM

Firstly, don't support Kotaku.

That, and Prototype 2 was about the only decent thing that Activision has published in awhile. I'd rather play another Prototype than some dog shit Call of Duty game.

Gackt
06-28-2012, 08:31 PM

They basically fired most of the staff and whoever's left works on supporting other Activison products.

Who cares if they weren't the best developer, they still made games people liked AND Activision the the worst thing in the world for gaming. So anytime they destroy a developer it's not a good thing.

rikib004
06-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Whether you like the games or not it's a sad thing! Booo!

Yannie Boy
06-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Developers need to make free to play games, make it so you pay for vanity style items via micro transactions. 100% digital. This way there is no need for publishers.
The developers for Path of Exile are doing just this very thing, which gives them the freedom to do what they want, take as long as they want and never have to be worried about someone like fuckin activision shutting you down.

Or just destroy Activision and and slay Bobby Kotick...that would wonderful.

I'm down. Let me go get my pitchfork.

OT: Sad to see them close regardless.

V3T Hunter
06-28-2012, 09:59 PM
That sucks.

mrj3d
06-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm down. Let me go get my pitchfork.

OT: Sad to see them close regardless.

I'll bring the torches!

Er anyway, that is sad. I hate to see a game studio shut down, whether I liked their games or not. They've been around a long time, too.

Blink
06-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Can't say I've ever played one of their games, but it is sad to see a developer go under.

I M1K3Y B I
06-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Another one down.

Damn :(

magikod
06-29-2012, 01:22 AM
Sucks to hear.

Fire Hawk D
06-29-2012, 01:50 AM
LFRaid, Activision. PM 4 details

lol

Anyway, that's a shame. This has indeed been happening far too often lately.

FFFreak1129
06-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Sad news. I hope the people that were laid off can find new gigs soon.

Kairi
06-29-2012, 03:26 AM
That's really unfortunate to hear Activision is shutting them down. Think this just gives me yet another reason to dislike Activision -_- They must be my least favorite publisher right now

Metabolic XBA
06-30-2012, 03:47 PM

That's not really the point though, a lot of people enjoy the Prototype games. It's just disappointing to see another studio shutting down.

Starkweather
06-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Disappointing to hear this, too many studio's suffering similar fates. I enjoyed Prototype a bit but i did prefer older games before they were taken over like The Simpsons: Hit & Run, it was awesome.

NoctisXZ
06-30-2012, 08:23 PM
I wish I could fully join in on the Anti-Activision sentiment but I can't really. Radical was never really a great studio in my opinion. It made some decent titles but descent doesn't get you anywhere today.

I won't really miss the studio honestly. Don't see how anyone could really.. besides Prototype what games have they made that the majority of us have played? A few lackluster Crash titles compared to the earlier games and Scarface.. not much to miss.

It just seems like this is becoming such a big deal because they are owned by Activision. The video game industry is still a business and if you aren't bringing in the money you get shut down, simple as that. You don't see EA shutting down Bioware because their games actually sell very well..

If this was a huge studio that pumped out quality titles but just got fucked really hard by Activision it would be another story. But I'm not seeing any indications of sabotage.

So it is what it is.

By the way.. I really want to play Manhunt now. Thanks Starkweather! >.<

Gackt
06-30-2012, 08:41 PM
I wish I could fully join in on the Anti-Activision sentiment but I can't really. <

CEO of Activision, Bobby Kotick himself said:
"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

If that doesn't make you anti activision, I guess nothing will.

NoctisXZ
06-30-2012, 08:47 PM
CEO of Activision, Bobby Kotick himself said:

If that doesn't make you anti activision, I guess nothing will.

I never said that I liked Activision. I don't really.. but I can't help that this is becoming a bigger deal than it really is simply because of the name attached to Radical. That's all I'm trying to say..

And I'm honestly tired of hearing that quote. It gets thrown in my face a lot when I try to have a discussion about Activision. Not only was that quote taken out of context it was also meant to be a joke. He's said it before..

I really hate having to defend the company and that man

Metabolic XBA
06-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I wish I could fully join in on the Anti-Activision sentiment but I can't really. Radical was never really a great studio in my opinion. It made some decent titles but descent doesn't get you anywhere today.

I won't really miss the studio honestly. Don't see how anyone could really.. besides Prototype what games have they made that the majority of us have played? A few lackluster Crash titles compared to the earlier games and Scarface.. not much to miss.

It just seems like this is becoming such a big deal because they are owned by Activision. The video game industry is still a business and if you aren't bringing in the money you get shut down, simple as that. You don't see EA shutting down Bioware because their games actually sell very well..

If this was a huge studio that pumped out quality titles but just got fucked really hard by Activision it would be another story. But I'm not seeing any indications of sabotage.

So it is what it is.

When I posted this it really had nothing to do with Activision, it was because I think another studio closure is just a bad thing all around. I think it was a particularly shitty move by Activision in this case, and I would still have this opinion if any other publisher had done it, because Radical was one of the only studios still working on an original IP, not just churning out overworked sequels or semi successful licensed tie-ins.

Prototype was a pretty successful title, selling over 2.3m copies to date, the sequel was better received critically than the original yet they only gave it THREE months before they deemed it a financial failure, even though it was the biggest selling game of both April and May and in those three months it sold almost half the total amount P1 has since 2009. Hell I only just got around to playing it myself and I'm a big fan.

If you look at Activision's stable of developers it's hard to buy their reasoning for closing the studio when they have a studio like Beenox sitting pretty churning out sub-par Spider-Man games. It wouldn't be hard to imagine just the License for Spider-Man alone is equal to the development costs on a game like Prototype 2.

Just to show some facts to support my position. Edge of Time was released on 5 systems in October 2011 and as of June 18th has sold 0.47m copies across all formats. Prototype 2 was released April 2012 and in those two and half months sold 0.91m copies across 3 platforms. You can't even argue that Edge of Time was just a sub-par sequel because Shattered Dimensions, a substantially better game, has only sold 1.3m copies since 2010, less than half of the original Prototype.

This is why I think it sucks and why I focus most of the blame on Activision, not because I hate them or feel the need to bash them. But because, to use your vernacular, they fucked a studio that was putting out substantially more successful games than some of their others.

Gackt
06-30-2012, 10:32 PM
It comes down to this, if Activision can get you to release crap games that can constantly be recycled annually...they won't shut you down. If you can't, they have no need for you.

Ayx
06-30-2012, 10:46 PM
If that doesn't make you anti activision, I guess nothing will.Oh no! You mean a business man is actually saying this from a business prospective? ZOMG EVIL.

What makes you think that everyone that works in the gaming industry does it for the fun and creativity instead of working the market due to the high demand it has? Things like this is exactly is why they're consumers and they're entrepreneurs; because if you think that having a complete positive image will make you money just because your people are happy then go ahead, please do it and tell me how it goes. People hate Activision, yet they're the ones supporting a lot of the games you enjoy today. Similar to the Call of Duty hate, people cry over it being extremely popular for being so mediocre yet people buy it because "Their friends have it." or whatever excuse they pour out on it.

Praise Activision!

NoctisXZ
07-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Oh no! You mean a business man is actually saying this from a business prospective? ZOMG EVIL.

What makes you think that everyone that works in the gaming industry does it for the fun and creativity instead of working the market due to the high demand it has? Things like this is exactly is why they're consumers and they're entrepreneurs; because if you think that having a complete positive image will make you money just because your people are happy then go ahead, please do it and tell me how it goes. People hate Activision, yet they're the ones supporting a lot of the games you enjoy today. Similar to the Call of Duty hate, people cry over it being extremely popular for being so mediocre yet people buy it because "Their friends have it." or whatever excuse they pour out on it.

Praise Activision!

Thank you. It's nice to see there are other people out there who understand that this industry is still a business. These companies are out to make profit.. I can't tell you why some less profitable games keep getting pushed out while other somewhat more successful games are not but I can take a stab in the dark and say that it all comes down to numbers.

I don't agree with Activision's business strategy but it clearly works. Regurgitating the same few games on a yearly basis has proven highly successful for them.. so can you really blame them for dropping developers who don't meet their standards? No, not at all. That's just childish because after all the video game business is still a business.

Like I said earlier. I still think this is being made into a bigger deal than it really is simply for the fact that Activision is looming over Radical's grave. Plain and simple. I haven't heard of any rumors of sabotage or the like coming from anyone when they were creating their games so I can't really be upset with Activision despite my dislike of them.

I'd be singing a different tune if it really was a case of the big bad corporation fucking over the little guy. But I can't say that it is.

Ayx
07-01-2012, 03:53 AM
Thank you. It's nice to see there are other people out there who understand that this industry is still a business. These companies are out to make profit.. I can't tell you why some less profitable games keep getting pushed out while other somewhat more successful games are not but I can take a stab in the dark and say that it all comes down to numbers.
Exactly. I always feel like I'm in the minority when it comes to discussions business related (Mostly EA & Activision) and having to explain how some of their strategies are somewhat "dark" yet it's the reason why you see their logo everywhere even on games you wouldn't think it'd be on. Some think it's just people being fan boys, when honestly there's more to that because some people actually understand and admire the way they work the market. Money talks, folks.

Few companies are able to stand on their own feet without the support of these tyrants. What baffles me is that even though people complain about them not being able to creative and do their own thing, it happens in almost every job... ever. Unless you're your own boss, then kudos to you.

While I don't think it was a wise decision to let go of Radical since they definitely had room to improve after their IP, there must have been something else that provoked such a situation. Anyone remember the Acti/IW scandal? It's not just "only devs that can poop out copies stay" because their golden boy Infinity Ward disbanded and went to make a new company. So you can put that argument to rest.

Vigor
07-01-2012, 04:35 AM
No more DLC and I get to keep the 100%, YAAY!

That's all that matters to me.

yourbreakfast99
07-01-2012, 04:56 AM
i don't think im familar with the games they produced but people losing their jobs is always bad, especially in this economy.

VitaminAmy
07-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Bummer. I just finished up Prototype 2 and was hoping to see more from them.

Kunduz
07-01-2012, 05:17 AM
Great! More competion at the unemployment office...

StayonTarget
07-01-2012, 05:31 AM
They don't have to shut them down, they have enough money to transfer them to different departments. There's so many game devs going out along with THQ.

Metabolic XBA
07-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Why did I even bother to take the time to put together a constructive response, backed up with facts no less, when people just disregard it and carry on spouting nonsense about being anti-Activision?

O well lesson learned...if you can't reason with em, oppose em...Activision is evil, Kotick is the devil blah blah blah.

JustSam
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
so lame that they have been closed down, the prototype games were so good

Gackt
07-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Oh no! You mean a business man is actually saying this from a business prospective? ZOMG EVIL.

Because game development used to be gamers making games for gamers. Not, recycling crap to sell annually for nothing more but money. Publishers are destroying that imo.

Why did I even bother to take the time to put together a constructive response, backed up with facts no less, when people just disregard it and carry on spouting nonsense about being anti-Activision?

O well lesson learned...if you can't reason with em, oppose em...Activision is evil, Kotick is the devil blah blah blah.

That's the spirit :D

DarkReign2021
07-02-2012, 03:02 AM

Praise Activision!

That's exactly the issue with this industry. It's a business. And while business has always been present to one level or another, it never used to dominate the gaming industry. Before game development because a multi-billion dollar industry games were made for fun. Developers were allowed to go out and create the weird and wacky games that they came up with and Publishers weren't so afraid to publish anything that's not a high-hype franchise. But these days they are so many people to please and so many expectations to meet that anything less than a top dollar budget isn't enough. People's demand for online servers and top-quality graphics and seamless animation has driven development costs sky-high. Publishers have grown greedy and controlling as a result, integrating developers, butchering their work with deadlines and limitation, and eliminating teams that don't perform to their insane money-grabbing expectations. They push DLC where a developer doesn't want it, they push multiplayer when the fanbase doesn't ask for it, and they've slaughtered the idea of getting new and original content with the idea that we all need 24 iterations of Call of Duty and Guitar Hero instead.

Developers need to start breaking away from the use of publishers. Some of the big-name developers out here like Bungie, Team Ninja, and Suda 51 don't even need publishers. They sell on namesake alone and I would much rather see 100% of my money going to the developer than seeing an 87% cut going into Bobby Kotick's fat wallet. Developers need to find a way to start lowering development costs, stop worrying about these casual gamers that add nothing to the industry because they online typically buy 1 or 2 games a year anyway, and start focusing on making the games for fun again. Even if the industry is making less money, they'll be spending less at the same time and it balances out. Than companies like EA and Activision can take a hike. Even if it means no new consoles and no more enhancements to videogames, that's fine with me personally. The only thing new generation consoles has given us is ads on our dashboard and enhanced graphics, which are at the bottom of the ladder in importance to a game.

People don't see it yet, but the industry is heading for another crash. The over-inflation of gamers and the saturation of repetitive sequels and lack of original content is going to drive the industry into submission. People are going to burn out on playing the same game year after year and developers are being shut down so frequently there won't be any people left to make the games. With all the issues varying from points like Bioware being abandoned by their fans after the ME3 and DA2 failures or Bungie's legal issues with Activision regarding Destiny, developers are spending more time in turmoil than actually creating the games they're supposed to. And if you can't get a job with a development studio, these developers will be forced to move on to another industry elsewhere.

To be honest, though, I hope it crashes. I think Microsoft and Sony and all of the big name publishers need to crash and burn in the game industry so people can sit down and take a long hard look at what it used to be compared to how it's becoming now. Maybe that will set things straight again some day. It's just sad that the only games I even have to look forward to right now are sequels and Reboots. The industry needs more Lollipop Chainsaw, Enslaved, and Psychonauts and I believe an Industry reset may just be the key to doing so.

NoctisXZ
07-02-2012, 03:45 AM

I think you're being slightly childish if I may be honest. I believe that perhaps only two people in this thread, myself being one of them, voiced opposition.. rather rational opposition no less.

I can't answer your question really. I honestly don't know why you took the time to put together this thread if you have a problem with people not sharing your view point. These places are meant for discussion..

That's exactly the issue with this industry. It's a business. And while business has always been present to one level or another, it never used to dominate the gaming industry. Before game development because a multi-billion dollar industry games were made for fun. Developers were allowed to go out and create the weird and wacky games that they came up with and Publishers weren't so afraid to publish anything that's not a high-hype franchise. But these days they are so many people to please and so many expectations to meet that anything less than a top dollar budget isn't enough. People's demand for online servers and top-quality graphics and seamless animation has driven development costs sky-high. Publishers have grown greedy and controlling as a result, integrating developers, butchering their work with deadlines and limitation, and eliminating teams that don't perform to their insane money-grabbing expectations. They push DLC where a developer doesn't want it, they push multiplayer when the fanbase doesn't ask for it, and they've slaughtered the idea of getting new and original content with the idea that we all need 24 iterations of Call of Duty and Guitar Hero instead.

Developers need to start breaking away from the use of publishers. Some of the big-name developers out here like Bungie, Team Ninja, and Suda 51 don't even need publishers. They sell on namesake alone and I would much rather see 100% of my money going to the developer than seeing an 87% cut going into Bobby Kotick's fat wallet. Developers need to find a way to start lowering development costs, stop worrying about these casual gamers that add nothing to the industry because they online typically buy 1 or 2 games a year anyway, and start focusing on making the games for fun again. Even if the industry is making less money, they'll be spending less at the same time and it balances out. Than companies like EA and Activision can take a hike. Even if it means no new consoles and no more enhancements to videogames, that's fine with me personally. The only thing new generation consoles has given us is ads on our dashboard and enhanced graphics, which are at the bottom of the ladder in importance to a game.

I don't know where to start with this.. so I'll just voice my concern with the gaming population in general. None of us seem to want to accept responsibility for the environment that WE are OURSELVES created. WE dictate what types of games get made and what types don't.

The whole overall tone of this conversation is just one of immaturity and a lack of understanding. Most everyone seems to just want to blame Activision and not the studio itself for making what honestly amounts to a lackluster sequel to a rather lackluster original IP. It's almost fanatical the amount of disdain most have for Bobby Kotick.. like he himself is singled handled ruining these studios. Ever hear the phrase it takes a village?..

People don't see the industry headed for another crash because it isn't headed for one. I don't think you fully understand what caused it way back than.. it pretty much amounted to shovelware more or less. Sure you see a lot of that kind of stuff on your tablets and phones but that's another story.

I'm not going to get into a large pseudo-intellectual debate about this because it's not my style. And it's frankly annoying.. so I'll just close with this.

We've created what we hate in the industry.. and we can destroy it just as easily. But the fact of the matter is I don't think a great deal of gamers truly do hate these things. I think they're just petty and want to seem more grown up than they really are. Games like Call of Duty can't exist without our support. And games like Psychonauts can't flourish without it.

So if we want to blame anyone really we should blame ourselves first. We're fed what we want to eat..

FFFreak1129
07-02-2012, 04:16 AM
We've created what we hate in the industry.. and we can destroy it just as easily. But the fact of the matter is I don't think a great deal of gamers truly do hate these things. I think they're just petty and want to seem more grown up than they really are. Games like Call of Duty can't exist without our support. And games like Psychonauts can't flourish without it.

So if we want to blame anyone really we should blame ourselves first. We're fed what we want to eat..

I think that is very true. I see that on forums where people will talk about how such and such game is just a yearly rehash and is not worth the $60 and all that. Then the game launches and these very same people go out and buy it day 1.

Complaining about the games means nothing if you go out and buy it anyway. Companies see that these games are being sold, so they are thinking even if people complain about them they are still being sold, so they must be doing something right. If it sells why not put it out every year. Its what the people want.

Thats why the only way you can be heard if is you vote with your wallet. Sure Protoype 2 might have been a cool game (I haven't played it yet) but if lots of people don't buy a copy, you're telling the company who puts it out that this kind of game is not wanted. Why put out a game that is not going to make money? Its not like how it was back in the day when people could make games for cheaper because development costs were not as high. Unfortunately seems like companies these days are in it for the money and the more the better.

Akuza
07-02-2012, 08:19 AM
I mean I know prototype 2 was much better than one.. But it was still ok at best.

Any reasonings as to why yet?

Official reasonings and not people jumping on the "we hate activision" band wagon?

Metabolic XBA
07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I think you're being slightly childish if I may be honest. I believe that perhaps only two people in this thread, myself being one of them, voiced opposition.. rather rational opposition no less.

I can't answer your question really. I honestly don't know why you took the time to put together this thread if you have a problem with people not sharing your view point. These places are meant for discussion..

OK well for one thing the post you are referencing had nothing to do with why I made this thread, if you look at my original post I never even mentioned Activision. It also has nothing to do with my view being opposed, the reason I got exasperated was because I took the time to form a response that iterated my point of view backed up with facts. I even went so far as to say my view would be the same if any other publisher had shut a studio down. Yet I'm branded as an Activision hater, and more replies come in saying 'you don't understand that this is a business' when I used actually year to date sales figures to back up my argument.

I fully understand that my opinion it just that, an opinion, and everybody has one that will never be fully agreed upon, so being opposed is not my issue. The fact you thought I was questioning why I even started the thread leads me to believe you didn't even see my other post so it really didn't make a difference that I bothered to post a neutral, balanced argument. That was the reasoning behind the post you referenced, and it wasn't even directed at you in particular it was just a general gripe. Also, it was a rhetorical question ;)

Starkweather
07-02-2012, 05:59 PM

I am glad :D

NoctisXZ
07-02-2012, 08:03 PM
OK well for one thing the post you are referencing had nothing to do with why I made this thread, if you look at my original post I never even mentioned Activision. It also has nothing to do with my view being opposed, the reason I got exasperated was because I took the time to form a response that iterated my point of view backed up with facts. I even went so far as to say my view would be the same if any other publisher had shut a studio down. Yet I'm branded as an Activision hater, and more replies come in saying 'you don't understand that this is a business' when I used actually year to date sales figures to back up my argument.

I fully understand that my opinion it just that, an opinion, and everybody has one that will never be fully agreed upon, so being opposed is not my issue. The fact you thought I was questioning why I even started the thread leads me to believe you didn't even see my other post so it really didn't make a difference that I bothered to post a neutral, balanced argument. That was the reasoning behind the post you referenced, and it wasn't even directed at you in particular it was just a general gripe. Also, it was a rhetorical question ;)

Perhaps you should actually take the time to reread my posts. Because in truth.. I didn't even mention you. I was speaking in a much broader sense. You weren't mentioned specifically in the slightest.

The fact of the matter is, and it's been proven by the posts following yours, that in the community as a whole it's nothing but Activision hate. To the less informed it's a simple matter of a corporation being pure evil. Shutting down the little guy for no reason whatsoever. And the sad thing is that most people buy this..

I honestly do think it boils down to opposition though with you. Because if you look through all of these posts I don't even think anyone bothered to point you or your posts out.. it all just comes off as slightly whinny.

I'll give you that you did point out how many copies have been sold year to date. So? That honestly means nothing without other data. So THAT actually does make me believe that you don't have a firm understanding of how the business works if you believe that alone is enough to silence all that oppose you.

And I know what it was. It doesn't matter. It was completely uncalled for and immature considering that for the most part the two people who don't agree with everyone here have been rather tame/rational with their responses.

If it makes you feel better I'll validate you though. Yes, you didn't just blindly hate on Activision. But than again no one said that you specifically did. The overall tone of the Radical conversation, not just here, as a whole has been for the most part.. "Fuck Activision".

Activision explored other methods besides out right shutting them down for all of those who didn't or don't feel like taking the time to read up on these things. Honestly though.. I really hate having to defend the company because overall I don't like them all to much but it's like I'm being forced.

If you all have such a huge problem with Activision stop playing their games. It's hypocritical. I'm sure if I looked up all of your gamer tags I'd find at least one Call of Duty game on there..

katesith
07-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Saddens me a bit as I recently downloaded [Prototype] on the Games on Demand section and I have been loving it. But once again... Fuck you Activision.

Gackt
07-02-2012, 08:41 PM
If you all have such a huge problem with Activision stop playing their games. It's hypocritical. I'm sure if I looked up all of your gamer tags I'd find at least one Call of Duty game on there..

Activision doesn't make Call of Duty. Activision isn't a developer. Activision doesn't care about good games in the slightest. I don't know why you are so bent on defending a greedy publisher who puts the people who actually put in the effort of making games out of business. Activision deserves the hate they get, they are BAD for gaming. Nobody will try new things these days, because if someone like Activision can't recycle that game every year, they will take your job away.

NoctisXZ
07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Activision doesn't make Call of Duty. Activision isn't a developer. Activision doesn't care about good games in the slightest. I don't know why you are so bent on defending a greedy publisher who puts the people who actually put in the effort of making games out of business. Activision deserves the hate they get, they are BAD for gaming. Nobody will try new things these days, because if someone like Activision can't recycle that game every year, they will take your job away.

I'm well aware that they don't actually make the games. You're just reaching at this point and nitpicking my post. But by everyone here buying games like Call of Duty you are putting money into their pocket. So of course you're going to see more of the same.

I'm not bent on defending them. I wish I honestly didn't have to but like I said.. I feel like I'm being forced. It somewhat ticks me off when I see the blind hate for them.. it just reminds me of how immature the community still is and why for the most part it's looked down on by outside parties. It's time to grow up and accept responsibility..

Activision has adopted a business strategy that works because WE make it work. If everyone is so upset with them and their methods than why don't we all just start a boycott and stop playing any game that they're attached to. If everyone is so upset that they closed down another developer than maybe WE should have showed more support for their games.

That stuff doesn't happen though. Because most gamers are just lazy and like to bitch for the sake of bitching. The video game industry is a BUSINESS, not a happy factory, the sooner all of you realize that and accept the sad truth of what business entails the sooner things can be changed.

You've honestly done all the work for me in demonstrating my point. No one will try new things these days if Activision can't recycle it year after year? That's just bullshit.. like a child crying to their parent when things don't go there way.

New things can't be made these days because WE don't want them to be made. Anything new and creative for the most part fails and doesn't get the acknowledgement it deserves because of US while games like Call of Duty and Halo achieve high sales and instant recognition.

We're the only ones to blame for this situation. That's the point I'm trying to get across. It makes everyone of us look bad when we all just point the blame at the big bad in the room.. when we are the ones who hold the reigns.

I'm not a smart guy. But I'm not stupid either.. so it's honestly just ridiculous that no one seems to want to acknowledge those facts.