PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Satellite Connection?

starmaker69
06-29-2012, 10:33 AM
I am fixing to be going on vacation July 10th to maybe October.. and where i will be staying at only has satellite internet connection, i was wondering, how good is the internet connection for xbox live?

xXxDave69prxXx
06-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I am fixing to be going on vacation July 10th to maybe October.. and where i will be staying at only has satellite internet connection, i was wondering, how good is the internet connection for xbox live?
i think is to be the same u need to have the wireless connection in your Xbox,if the connection is very Down the Bandwith well u got slow internet i think????

Gackt
06-29-2012, 03:42 PM

Fastest ive seen from a Satellite connection is 400 kbps. So no, not very good for online gaming.

ChickinOnaChain
06-29-2012, 03:49 PM
It must be out in a rural area. And with you saying "I'm fixing to be" you must be from the south. I know we say that in Texas.

Burnout x360a
06-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Fastest ive seen from a Satellite connection is 400 kbps. So no, not very good for online gaming.

http://moredrafts.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/not-bad-obama.png

;) Imagine the lag, holy moses.

LankstaTDOT
06-29-2012, 05:21 PM
As long as you have somewhere around 200kbps minimum UL speed, you're good to go. But, satellite connections are not recomended since they cause slow performance and laggy issues mainly because the ping usually goes over 0.5-1 seconds.

If sattellite's the only options you have, then you can try connecting it directly and join games with a minimum number of players, sounds retarded i know. But then again, sattellite's not recomended by the manufacturer.

DragonsGoMOO
06-29-2012, 05:40 PM
I heard that it must travel all the way to outer space to the satellite and then back down, so it takes just a little while. Not recommended really.

xKRAIZEEMANx
06-29-2012, 06:07 PM
I, too, thought there was a considerable delay...specifically in regards to online gaming, insofar as multi-player (rendering it impossible). I do not even think chat is available via satellite.

starmaker69
06-30-2012, 02:45 AM
Well i will be in Alabama in the very far country part in Montgomery, so that will be my only option for internet lol.

TemporalWizard
06-30-2012, 11:30 PM
I've had a Satellite Internet Connection before and I hated checking email on it so I can only imagine what online gaming would be like.