PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

relauby
06-30-2012, 02:12 PM
The achievements are out now. I think for the most part they're pretty good, should be a fun way to experience the whole game. The only thing I'm concerned about is all the 50 song achievements and the one for playing 300, as you would need to buy a lot of DLC to get that many (or at least export the other titles. Still a pain). Only other one I'm worried about is the one for gold starring all the songs, but I guess I can't complain about the game presenting a challenge. Reminds me of the months I spent trying to beat Green Grass and High Tides, but at least that's a song I like, I don't think I'll have the same patience for whatever tricky song is in this one.

What do you guys think?

Terrificy
06-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Based on the livestreams, the song doesn't look too hard to Gold Star. I'm looking forward to playing the game anyway, so what the heck.

I just hope there's a '50s song in the game (unlikely) - else, I'll have to buy a Cash track. Guess that wouldn't be too bad, though.
For me, that's the only DLC achievement I can't finish right off the bat. Between Lego, Green Day, 1+2 and a couple of Track Packs, I would already have close to 300 songs. Factor in my DLC on top of that and I'm personally WAY past.

Anyway, DLC achievements are rather easy (and not costy) for me, so that just leaves the achievements for the main game, which I'm hyped for, so there's that. They appear to be a lot of fun, so overall, I'd say Harmonix did a pretty damn great job _again_ at giving us a nice list of fun achievements.

Capn Doug
06-30-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm in the same boat as most of the long time fans. I have every DLC achievement from my library already (assuming every song transfers). The only thing I'm concerned about is the every decade, since I'm not sure if I have a song from the last 2 years that didn't come on RB3 (and I don't think that imports). Hopefully there is one included in the game and those count.

As for the 50's, I checked and Johnny Cash is the only artist from the Harmonix DLC from the 50's. I do have a Johnny Cash song, thankfully.

VidGamiac
06-30-2012, 09:37 PM
500 Points. That's odd.

Felonious Monk
06-30-2012, 11:37 PM
500 Points. That's odd.
Looks like Harmonix was able to successfully argue the value-add of the DLC, much like the argument they used for the Keyboard (and other seperate peripherals) peripheral that bumped all RB3s to 1250.

Capn Doug
06-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Looks like Harmonix was able to successfully argue the value-add of the DLC, much like the argument they used for the Keyboard (and other seperate peripherals) peripheral that bumped all RB3s to 1250.

Actually, the keyboard wasn't the DLC in Rock Band 3. It was the fact that 12 achievements required DLC songs. Like playing 5 songs with Dave Grohl in the band or 20 DLC songs.

Felonious Monk
07-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Actually, the keyboard wasn't the DLC in Rock Band 3. It was the fact that 12 achievements required DLC songs. Like playing 5 songs with Dave Grohl in the band or 20 DLC songs.
So it wasn't the hardware add? All those DLC achievements added up to 250? So there was a precedent for acknowledging it at least.

Didi Mau
07-01-2012, 08:46 AM
The only thing I'm concerned about is the every decade, since I'm not sure if I have a song from the last 2 years that didn't come on RB3 (and I don't think that imports). Hopefully there is one included in the game and those count.

As for the 50's, I checked and Johnny Cash is the only artist from the Harmonix DLC from the 50's. I do have a Johnny Cash song, thankfully.

It's really disappointing as I dislike Johnny Cash, whilst I have Roy Orbison's Ooby Dooby which came out in '56 (which is also mentioned as such in-store if you filter), but in-game has the year set to 1987 because it came off a greatest hits compilation :( What does your Johnny Cash songs come under in-game when you press Y to view more info? I see they're from a compilation album as well, if it gives the year of the album instead of the songs then Ooby Dooby might work after all.

Also, I had a quick check for the newest decade and the Rock Band Network Megamix 01 is counted as 2010 and is a free download, so you're sorted there- it's found under Rock Band songs, not RBN songs.

relauby
07-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm in the same boat as most of the long time fans. I have every DLC achievement from my library already (assuming every song transfers). The only thing I'm concerned about is the every decade, since I'm not sure if I have a song from the last 2 years that didn't come on RB3 (and I don't think that imports). Hopefully there is one included in the game and those count.

The game ships with "Pumped Up Kicks", which came out in 2011, so you're covered there.

Capn Doug
07-01-2012, 10:21 PM
It's really disappointing as I dislike Johnny Cash, whilst I have Roy Orbison's Ooby Dooby which came out in '56 (which is also mentioned as such in-store if you filter), but in-game has the year set to 1987 because it came off a greatest hits compilation :( What does your Johnny Cash songs come under in-game when you press Y to view more info? I see they're from a compilation album as well, if it gives the year of the album instead of the songs then Ooby Dooby might work after all.

Also, I had a quick check for the newest decade and the Rock Band Network Megamix 01 is counted as 2010 and is a free download, so you're sorted there- it's found under Rock Band songs, not RBN songs.

I'm actually not sure what decade each song counts as. Johnny Cash is listed as 50's on the Wikipedia article on Rock Band DLC, and he is the only one. I think I'm going to have to look into my collection to make sure I have a song in each decade.

They should just release Johnny B. Goode and solve the problem.

Edit: I checked and Ooby Dooby DOES count as being from the 50's. It is the only non-Johnny Cash song that counts on either the main DLC or RBN.

Felonious Monk
07-03-2012, 03:45 AM
I'm actually not sure what decade each song counts as. Johnny Cash is listed as 50's on the Wikipedia article on Rock Band DLC, and he is the only one. I think I'm going to have to look into my collection to make sure I have a song in each decade.

They should just release Johnny B. Goode and solve the problem.

Edit: I checked and Ooby Dooby DOES count as being from the 50's. It is the only non-Johnny Cash song that counts on either the main DLC or RBN.
That's actually pretty sad that the 50s are that under-represented. I vote we make frequent threads in the official forums demanding The Platters in Rock Band.

I mean, now that we have the piano peripheral we should at least have some 50s Little Richard. Maybe "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino.

We get Nickelback, but not the fore-fathers of Rock.

Though I suppose getting their hands on the master recordings probably are the biggest reason why we don't see many 50s tracks.

relauby
07-03-2012, 02:05 PM
That's actually pretty sad that the 50s are that under-represented. I vote we make frequent threads in the official forums demanding The Platters in Rock Band.

I mean, now that we have the piano peripheral we should at least have some 50s Little Richard. Maybe "Blueberry Hill" by Fats Domino.

We get Nickelback, but not the fore-fathers of Rock.

Though I suppose getting their hands on the master recordings probably are the biggest reason why we don't see many 50s tracks.

Yeah I don't think they're able to separate the guitar, bass, drum and vocal tracks. I know they had to do a lot of work on them just to make the Beatles usable.

Maka
08-21-2012, 03:14 AM
"Play 300 unique songs"

That's a lot of money spent on DLC. :(

Groudon199
08-22-2012, 01:46 PM

The store and website say 50s, but every RB game sorts it under 80s (and there's no date in parentheses for RB3).

eastx
08-25-2012, 05:11 AM
I've been playing and enjoying this a lot in the last couple of days. The only Achievements that will actually be hard are 5-starring and gold-starring all 25 songs included with the game. So far, I haven't gold-starred a single one. But you do unlock better powerups as you level up, so it's possible the later powerups will make things easier.

heinstach
08-25-2012, 08:34 PM
I've been playing and enjoying this a lot in the last couple of days. The only Achievements that will actually be hard are 5-starring and gold-starring all 25 songs included with the game. So far, I haven't gold-starred a single one. But you do unlock better powerups as you level up, so it's possible the later powerups will make things easier.

Yeah, I hope so too. Haven't 5-starred or gold-starred any song either yet.

Terrificy
08-25-2012, 11:14 PM
I got most of my gold-stars sorted by simply using Jackpot and Flame Notes, which grants you some pretty sick bonuses, if you can keep a good Flame Streak going. It's tough, but it pays off quite well. Especially on the easier songs, of course, if you can manage to shift over and get a good streak of notes going, because then you can easily take 80-100k points from a Jackpot.

Shout and Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) seem to be the two hardest one to gold-star, with only 1 or 2 guys having done it yet.

uiucyclone24
08-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Anyone have gameplay video of this? I'm looking on youtube and there is not much out there. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what this game is. It looks fun and I'll get it for sure due to the export of the songs, but I just don't get it.

Felonious Monk
08-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Anyone have gameplay video of this? I'm looking on youtube and there is not much out there. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what this game is. It looks fun and I'll get it for sure due to the export of the songs, but I just don't get it.

Tell you what, if there's not any decent footage by tomorrow, I'll get some up by the evening.

...fuck me. Assuming the game came out today. It doesn't. Comes out tomorrow, which works out well since I have the day off anyway.

Apparently there's video reviews out there, have you seen those?

Rock Band Blitz Review - YouTube

Felonious Monk
08-30-2012, 04:33 AM
HopeStillDelivers:

We Like The Moon - Rock Band Blitz - YouTube

Life Is Beautiful - Sixx:A.M. - Rock Band Blitz - YouTube

We Like The Moon and Life Is Beautiful. I did others but all I had time to upload were these.

This game is fucking hard. Fun, but hard. I can get 4 stars without powerups without problem now because I'm more properly calibrated (when I'm recording I'm playing through a monitor with some visual lag), but Jesus.

D3VILS ROADKILL
08-30-2012, 10:40 AM
I just played Ooby Dooby and it does not count. Th only 50s songs are johnny cash songs. :( wasted points but at least thats one more toward my play 300 songs achievement :)