PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Speed Run

Nevander
06-30-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure how helpful this will be to us, but it will at least give an idea.

This is a full speed-run of Doom 3 on Nightmare done on PC. This was NOT done by me, I'm not sure who did the actual run.

By watching this, you could probably see some tricks that may or may not end up helping us when we get our hands on it. I have a strong feeling that completing it on Nightmare will be an achievement, so this should help at least somewhat.

Enjoy!

Doom 3 Nightmare Skill Speed Run (FULL) - YouTube

Also here's just the ending on Nightmare so you can see how it's done, no tricks involved here:

Doom 3 Ending (Nightmare) - YouTube

iBuzz7S
06-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Nice share.

I am one of those who will be buying the game. Not really for nostalgic purposes, but because it's a FPS and it's Doom. Who knows, this may be a sign of what's to come with Doom 4.

Extra Saucy
07-02-2012, 02:56 PM
I kind of hope the achievements are for UV completions and maybe just certain smaller objectives on Nightmare.

I'll do it if I HAVE to though :)

Gunther Hermann
07-05-2012, 01:51 PM
I forgot you could use the cube to restore health, that'll help make it easier. Also I hope they keep in manual saves, Im sick of games using checkpoints.

Nevander
07-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Also I hope they keep in manual saves, Im sick of games using checkpoints.

Quoted for truth.

I HATE checkpoint systems in games, makes me hate them to end. I hope to God they keep the manual saving. I'm sure they will, since ALL of id's games have had it. RAGE, Dooms, Quakes, etc. id isn't about to change their style.

mil85
07-17-2012, 02:38 AM
They changed the manual save system to checkpoint. If you read the news on this site you'll see.
(In addition to this, re-mastered game also includes a new checkpoint save system and an armour-mounted flashlight.)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12074-Doom-3--BFG-Edition-Gets-a-European-Price--Release-Date.html

Gunther Hermann
07-17-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't like the sound of that. Makes me reconsider getting it. The whole point of the flashlight mechanic was to create tension. If the mounted flashlight is on all the time that will be lost. And I think checkpoints take away too much control for the player. I'd like the choice of when to save and if I die without saving its my fault and I don't have to replay whole sections if I save properly.

Nevander
07-17-2012, 06:00 PM
They changed the manual save system to checkpoint. If you read the news on this site you'll see.
(In addition to this, re-mastered game also includes a new checkpoint save system and an armour-mounted flashlight.)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12074-Doom-3--BFG-Edition-Gets-a-European-Price--Release-Date.html

This doesn't necessarily mean that you will be forced to ONLY use the checkpoints.

Perhaps what they mean is automatic autosaving at certain points, since Doom 3 did not have autosaving, at least not that I remember.

Just look at all of id's games. Not a single one has been without manual saving. I doubt that they're going to board the fail train that is games with forced checkpoint saving. If they do, I will be very disappointed with id.

ronnie42
08-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Think when this comes out I might just do it straight on nightmare since played it so many times when I was younger to the point where nightmare mode for me is easy but will be playing without the stupid flashlight attachment, play it the true nightmare way.

Ps I just remembered I need to unlock nightmare mode before doing it.lol

Jet1337
08-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Nightmare is easy. You just have to remember monster spawns and avoid that plasma storage room that spawns like 20 wraiths. Fuck that shit...

Nevander
08-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Nightmare is easy. You just have to remember monster spawns and avoid that plasma storage room that spawns like 20 wraiths. Fuck that shit...

And then add in the (hopeful) possibility that we can still manually save. Nightmare will be a cakewalk or close to it. I've never done it but I'm sure it's easy enough with the right techniques.

For example, right off the top of my head I know that I should use the Soul Cube on harder enemies (like the Arch-Viles or commando guys) in the later half of the game, and use smaller enemies to charge it again.

Diamondxinferno1116
08-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Arent you constantly loosing health in nitemare???

Nevander
08-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Arent you constantly loosing health in nitemare???

It only drops to 25, and you use the Soul Cube to bring it back up, which you get at the very start of Nightmare. Using it + manual saving = super easy, hopefully.

B2K II MaGGoT
09-14-2012, 12:48 PM
best design for a boss ever !

theirishmagnum
10-12-2012, 12:18 AM
This will be most helpful to lots of people! :drunk Just take your time, and with with manny saves, it makes it very nice!

Nevander
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
best design for a boss ever !

It's simple which makes it good. Gamestop just charged me for the game so it's coming very soon! Can't wait to play this gem of a shooter again. I don't care what anyone else says, Doom 3 is amazing.

theirishmagnum
10-16-2012, 09:51 PM
I used this guide some, and recommended it to friends ! Wait until you play the lost levels people, it's like a treat :drunk