PDA

View Full Version : Promotional Disk copy?

jamal2807
06-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi guys!
I bought a game ...
And for some reason its the Promotional disk.(looks different then the originial one)
Am i allowed to play this on my xbox360?Or can they close my gamertag ?:S

Thanks

AmbaLaBamba
06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
I have a couple of promotional disk and they're fine to play, heck I even got one from a competition from True Achievements! :)

Metabolic XBA
06-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi guys!
I bought a game ...
And for some reason its the Promotional disk.(looks different then the originial one)
Am i allowed to play this on my xbox360?Or can they close my gamertag ?:S

Thanks

Where did you get it from? I would question why someone sold you a promotional disc but no you will be fine to play it. I used to work at GAME and it is just a copy they send to stores we used to hand them our as prizes for the most pre-orders etc.

jamal2807
06-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Thank you really much!Can you explain what a Promotional disk is?
So you played alot of Promotional disk and didnt get banned?:)
So im fine if i play my?:)
Please awnser me one last time:D
take care!

Edit.Oh , i bought this game on amazon and for some reason it wasnt the real cover and not the real disk.
amazon in germany.
That just happend one time to me.

Ayx
06-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Make sure when you purchase something on sites like that, you read what you're getting. you don't know how many people complain over the game only containing the Instruction Booklet and Case but not the actual game.

If they did advertise and you got a Promotional Copy instead, report them for False Advertising.

Metabolic XBA
06-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Make sure when you purchase something on sites like that, you read what you're getting. you don't know how many people complain over the game only containing the Instruction Booklet and Case but not the actual game.

If they did advertise and you got a Promotional Copy instead, report them for False Advertising.

A promotional copy is a copy of a game that the publisher sends out to retailers, magazines, websites etc. For the purposes of reviewing or displaying or for staff members or just to give away as part of promotions. They are generally the complete full version of the game just labeled as promotional because you are technically not supposed to sell them.

Ayx
06-30-2012, 11:07 PM
A promotional copy is a copy of a game that the publisher sends out to retailers, magazines, websites etc. For the purposes of reviewing or displaying or for staff members or just to give away as part of promotions. They are generally the complete full version of the game just labeled as promotional because you are technically not supposed to sell them.I know, which can come back to haunt the guy who bought said promotional copy if they say that he's not allowed to resell it or tries to trade it in somewhere. If they advertised the game it should be a copy that's legally allowed to be resold.

Metabolic XBA
07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
I know, which can come back to haunt the guy who bought said promotional copy if they say that he's not allowed to resell it or tries to trade it in somewhere. If they advertised the game it should be a copy that's legally allowed to be resold.

Yeah, that's why I advised him to question why he was even sold one, whether he wants to or not doesn't effect the playability of the game.

mrj3d
07-01-2012, 01:42 AM
I have a promotional copy of nail'd I got for doing a review. It's totally fine to play but I agree with the other posters, I would seriously question who would sell this to you.

jamal2807
07-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Oh right!You guys are so right.
the disk says:
Dont sell this game.

or something like that.
I bought a uses U. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 version.He wrote it was the originial game,but it was just the promo edition...
Can i get my money back?
I mean hes not allowed to sell promo disk...

quickhhh
07-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Oh right!You guys are so right.
the disk says:
Dont sell this game.

or something like that.
I bought a uses U. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 version.He wrote it was the originial game,but it was just the promo edition...
Can i get my money back?
I mean hes not allowed to sell promo disk...

If you brought it from ebay there nothing you can do because the seller stated it was a promotional edition. But if you got it from another place it depends on there return policy.

jamal2807
07-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Well i think it doesent matter anymore.
I just wanted to know if i allowed to play this game without xbox will bann me.
And now i know,i can play it without any trouble:).
So thank you all!
Take care

Akuza
07-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Your not going to get banned...

I have about 3 or 4 promotional games

You CAN resell them, but only once the official product has been launched.

deadseadrop
07-02-2012, 07:23 AM
I had the promotional copy of GH Van Halen and it was fine. Gamestop took it as a trade in as well which surprised me.

Blackest Metal
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
All promotional games work fine, just seems trading them in can be a problem.

I tried trading in Crackdown 2 about a week before release (mate gave me his review copy, I played for 5 mins, bored, same as original) and the staff in Blockbusters offered me 5 for it haha. I took it home, started playing it a few weeks later and really enjoyed it

Ehrenfried
07-02-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm part of a collector network here in germany, basically guys who are collecting
some kind of videogame related content.
And i know one who only collects the promo version of all xbox360 games.
Sure it's questionable to sell them, but they're kinda rare...so...
I have one from Singularity.