PDA

View Full Version : preordering a game with wrong release date.

iTs xLuiGi
06-30-2012, 11:52 PM
so FIFA 13 finally announced a release date, September 28th, and announced pre-order bonuses, etc. it even says "pre-order FIFA 13" on xbox.com, xbox mobile app, etc. I order all my games through amazon. I went on amazon to place my pre-order and it says the release date is December 31st. is it safe to pre-order? are they gonna fix the date or is something gonna go wrong if i pre-order before they change it.

Veedrock
06-30-2012, 11:53 PM
It's fine to pre-order it now, your order will still be intact when they change the release date.

iTs xLuiGi
06-30-2012, 11:56 PM
nevermind... i'm gonna wait anyway. i went through with the order and there's no "Release date shipping" option. maybe they'll add it as they fix the release date. if not, i'll be pre-ordering through GameStop, as much as i hate that =/

Metabolic XBA
07-01-2012, 12:12 AM
You're fine to order it now, the 12/31/12 date is a popular place holder date sites use until they learn the release date and update their systems. Also with Amazon you just need to choose 2 day shipping, it's the same as release day. You will receive an email down the road telling you your shipping status has been upgraded to release day. Happened for me with Halo 4, Borderlands 2 and Assassins Creed 3. Order away buddy :)

mrj3d
07-01-2012, 01:43 AM
You're fine to order it now, the 12/31/12 date is a popular place holder date sites use until they learn the release date and update their systems. Also with Amazon you just need to choose 2 day shipping, it's the same as release day. You will receive an email down the road telling you your shipping status has been upgraded to release day. Happened for me with Halo 4, Borderlands 2 and Assassins Creed 3. Order away buddy :)

Yeah, this exactly. Amazon is real good about that, it's happened to me with more games than I could count.

DJConnelly
07-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Your in trouble now. Don't be surprised if they send you a copy of Dance Central 2 by mistake.

JustSam
07-01-2012, 02:16 PM
dance central 2 party yayyyy

yourbreakfast99
07-01-2012, 02:18 PM
i always go with amazon and they always fix this issue but you can be safe with gamestop i guess