PDA

View Full Version : Downloads Slow

PLaSmA T4rt
07-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Well my when I try to download games that like for example 1GB it takes and hour or so and i know that i shouldn't take that long because when i was downloading a game my friend was too and my friend beat me even though I started way before he did.

My download speed is: 17Mbps

My Upload speed is : 0.49Mbps

Please help and thank you

ChickinOnaChain
07-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I DL Far Cry 1 and it took 5+ hours. I ended up going to bed and forgetting about it. I think it was 3.5Gb but I have the slowest DSL AT&T has.

Gackt
07-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Not that this will help you with your problem at all but, live varies in performance for me. I can download a 1 gig demo in 10 minutes or less somedays, or over an hour on others. So I am assuming most of the time the problem isn't on our end, but on microsofts.

siamese snake
07-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I've noticed since the update we had, my downloads take alot longer than they should.
My average DL speed is around 20mb/s but when i'm dowloading off the marketplace it feels around 5mb/s.

mrj3d
07-01-2012, 07:04 PM
It can vary depending on how busy xbox live is or if MS's servers are acting up. But is your d/l speed bad on your computer also? Or just the 360? Maybe your 360 has a bad connection? I'm not sure really, sorry man.

Crypt
07-01-2012, 07:34 PM
This does happen sometimes with Xbox Live. I always have a download of almost 25mbps and Netflix will once in a while run slow, due to MS or Netflix's end.

dwayne_hicks
07-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Well my when I try to download games that like for example 1GB it takes and hour or so and i know that i shouldn't take that long because when i was downloading a game my friend was too and my friend beat me even though I started way before he did.

My download speed is: 17Mbps

My Upload speed is : 0.49Mbps

Please help and thank you

Your friend could easily have superior internet speeds.

Happened to me all the time before I upgraded.

andami
07-01-2012, 09:54 PM
You definitely have connection issues. My internet speed is 2.8 mb/s (yes, that slow), and that's about how fast I download things. You might want to switch to a wired connection if you aren't already using one. You can get a substantially long ethernet cable for $5 or so.

sco0ter
07-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Have you tried to delete the connection and start from scratch again??

Gackt
07-02-2012, 01:04 AM
prob cuz ur looking at dat hentai .gif on the forums.

nao ppl can see how srs it iz

Go spam useless off topic crap somewhere else please.

OT: Plasma, who do you have for an ISP?

PLaSmA T4rt
07-02-2012, 03:44 AM
Well I get no lag when playing and always have 3 bars when watching youtube on my xbox and can watch in HD

bapae
07-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Usually takes me a little while to download things as well i usually just wait till ima bout to go to bed and download it while I'm sleeping.

siamese snake
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
prob cuz ur looking at dat hentai .gif on the forums.

nao ppl can see how srs it iz

What the hell are you on about. He's on about downloading from the marketplace, not browsing the forums. And please learn how to write.

OT: is your ISP putting a cap on your download speed after a certain time?