PDA

View Full Version : Advice.. is it worth it??

CGIBO89
07-01-2012, 05:17 PM
so I've watched several gameplay videos and a couple reviews and the feedback on this game seems pretty good, but i'm not 100% sure yet if i should part with my money. Would like to know a few things like is it free roam? and once the story is finished does the game have enough to keep you playing?

is it worth 38-40? or should i wait till it drops a bit?

Azrael008uk
07-01-2012, 05:25 PM
I am a big Spider-Man fan but despite this I was very worried about this being a bit pants.

Let's face it.

This game is really over 4 years old when Edge of Reality released "The Incredible Hulk" as a Manhatten wide open-world adventure.

To be fair the game has been and continues to exceed my expectations.

It's the best Spider Man game to date.

Great graphics, especially when web swinging along with pretty solid character control.

Collectibles are fun to find and collect.

Unlocks are great, especially the 12 or so full digital comics that you unlock.

So if you love Spider Man don't hold back.

You will really enjoy this game.

Az

Bajan Elite
07-01-2012, 05:45 PM
This game is fun if you are a major Spidey fan and a fan of collectibles and free roaming pick it up. Beware though after you beat Chapter 12 (Its not a spoiler so keep reading) the game gets stuck loading chapter 13 which allows you to free roam. Its happened to me and a few others.

xRogue 5x
07-01-2012, 05:55 PM
This game is not worth 60 bucks. However, it does make for a solid rental. Do yourself a favor and RedBox it and you'll have it finished in 2 to 3 days if that.

The game isn't bad its just kinda bland. It suffers from one of the same problems that plagued the first assassin's creed in that there are only a few things to do in the game and the game will have you doing them over and over again.

All of the side stuff feels pretty generic and uninteresting. For an open world spiderman game it is shockingly short. I finished it off in about 8 hours.

Again, this game was a step in the right direction away from those linear action spiderman games but it isn't there yet. Don't throw away your sixty dollars. I wouldn't pay more than 20 for this.

TimL
07-01-2012, 06:16 PM
This game is fun if you are a major Spidey fan and a fan of collectibles and free roaming pick it up. Beware though after you beat Chapter 12 (Its not a spoiler so keep reading) the game gets stuck loading chapter 13 which allows you to free roam. Its happened to me and a few others.

It's a problem with either your Xbox or your copy of the game. I have a brand new Xbox 360 slim and it works just fine here.

HanzoHasashi
07-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Absolutely! Best Spider-Man Game so far.

ponypo2001
07-01-2012, 08:47 PM
It's a problem with either your Xbox or your copy of the game. I have a brand new Xbox 360 slim and it works just fine here.

Have you checked the forum? There are at least 3-4 other's all with the same problem. I highly doubt that all their boxes are faulty.

TimL
07-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I also mentioned the game. Maybe they messed up big time like with the faulty shipments of FIFA 08 copies years ago. Most of them made your game lock up, was resolved with a patch later on.

Like I already said, no issues here so it's either your box or the game copy you have.

BadMotivatoR
07-02-2012, 04:52 AM
Game sucks. Not worth the 60. There is nothing new here. I feel like I'm playing Prototype2 and Batman.... Nothing explosive about it...