PDA

View Full Version : Game only

slyweasel2
07-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I wonder if they are going to be selling the game only this time around since most people already have a portal.

Maybe the game and a giant for a slightly reduced price?

HamsterExAstris
07-10-2012, 11:13 AM
I wonder if they are going to be selling the game only this time around since most people already have a portal.
Retailers are now listing both the starter pack again, and a Portal Owners Pack (game-only).

Khayyinn
08-24-2012, 06:46 PM
The only thing that sucks is that the game only pack only comes with one new skylander, where the starter pack comes with three. So you end up paying about the same price once you've bought the two missing skylanders.

I'm probably just going to get another starter pack and have a spare portal in case mine breaks.

tkhbecker
08-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Retailers are now listing both the starter pack again, and a Portal Owners Pack (game-only).Im going to guess that "Portal Owners" pack will get a game and Giant. Unless theyre going to sell the giants seperat which would make no sense to me.

DOA_Rose
09-02-2012, 11:02 PM
the pack without the portal gets you just the game and the Giant Skylander Tree Rex. the pack with a portal includes the portal, the game, Tree Rex, the new version of Cynder and a new Air Skylander called Jet-Vac

tkhbecker
09-06-2012, 03:22 PM
the pack without the portal gets you just the game and the Giant Skylander Tree Rex. the pack with a portal includes the portal, the game, Tree Rex, the new version of Cynder and a new Air Skylander called Jet-VacNew version of cynder? Is she no longer part of the "Dead" element? IF so It might be worth the buy to get the Portal pack for 2 new figures.

Deezul
10-17-2012, 05:15 PM
one of the workers at the gamestop said the portal owners doesnt come with a giant but 2 normal figures the starter pack comes with the tree rex and 2 figures 1 new and a remake

OldSkoolGamer
10-17-2012, 11:56 PM
New version of cynder? Is she no longer part of the "Dead" element? IF so It might be worth the buy to get the Portal pack for 2 new figures.

Yes she is still part of the "Undead" element, it's just a series two figure, which basically means that the figure is in a different pose to the original figure, and it has a new in-game move.

Also, a few people seem to be confused about what is included in the different packs.

So just to clarify.

The Portal Owners Pack comes with the game and Tree Rex (Giant)

and

The Starter Pack comes with the game, Tree Rex (Giant), Cynder (Series 2) and Jet-Vac (New character, Normal size).

Also there are new Light-Core figures which I think are the same as the regular ones, they just light up when you put them on the portal.