PDA

View Full Version : Which pre-order incentive do you want?

fax5jrj
07-02-2012, 04:53 AM
I don't think they've been posted on here, but you can find them here (http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Pre-Order_Bonuses). I think I'm leaning towards the Oceanic Circuit Armor with Walmart, or the Pulse Gungnir Armor from the Microsoft store. Probably the latter, since that one's by far the coolest. I only like the walmart one because the helmet reminds me of Bioshock.

Ty-Rex
07-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Holy shit, I just noticed the armor itself is different on each one, I thought it was just a skin color you got.

Anyway, I like the Best Buy skin the best and the helmet is really cool looking in it's own right, but that Amazon helmet is way too awesome looking to pass up. I did the whole cyclops thing in Halo Reach with Gungnir, so maybe I'll do a triclops thing in Halo 4. Plus, I like using Amazon for everything and I don't need the game at midnight.

And is it just me, or did Target miss a huge advertising opportunity by not securing the Pulse skin as a preorder bonus? I mean, it looks like the UNSC just slapped Target's logo on a Spartan.

AMATHUS21
07-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Im going with game as you get the artic camo for the br as well as the oceainic armour(would prefer crimson one). Now i just hope the same doesnt happen like with mass effect where they cancelled my preorder a few days before launch and lose the pre order bonuses.

LickableLemons7
07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
And is it just me, or did Target miss a huge advertising opportunity by not securing the Pulse skin as a preorder bonus? I mean, it looks like the UNSC just slapped Target's logo on a Spartan.

That was precisely what I was thinking! Ha ha!

I've gone an done preordered the limited edition from Best Buy. The raptor armor looks like the advanced suit from Dead Space 2.

Vectorman953
07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Holy shit, I just noticed the armor itself is different on each one, I thought it was just a skin color you got.

Are you sure? I thought they were just showcasing the armor skins, and were also unveiling the armor types itself. I think it would be extremely lame if I couldn't use my jungle camo on any armor type besides one, or can't unlock the gungnir armor without the skin code, or wear it without the skin.

TL;DR - I think the codes are just for skins, not armor

DarkReign2021
07-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure Vector is correct. I don't think the different locations are offering different armors. Just skins. Which while we're on the subject, I'll be getting my armor skins from Gamestop and Best Buy, so I'll probably be putting them up for sale with all of my other DLC codes that come with my copies.

CMCX360
07-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Amazon, because of all the other benefits.

Frozenghost001
07-02-2012, 11:02 PM
i like all of them, but i just preordered from gamestop because i always do. i dont really care about the pre-order skins from all the retailers i just want the limited edition (which is what i pre-ordered!)

fastNcurious
07-02-2012, 11:06 PM
I honestly think they all look horrible. The armor and helmet designs are fine, but the "camos" just look too childish. I just hope when the game released, there will be a color scheme that I will be willing to accept....

I might actually sell my camo code if ebay prices are good enough.

yourbreakfast99
07-02-2012, 11:09 PM
where should i pre=order it from

kyboy
07-02-2012, 11:10 PM
i like all of them, but i just preordered from gamestop because i always do. i dont really care about the pre-order skins from all the retailers i just want the limited edition (which is what i pre-ordered!)

Me too. I just care about the limited edition, and I only go to Gamestop any way.

RBmaster9345
07-02-2012, 11:42 PM
All of them

DarkReign2021
07-03-2012, 03:08 AM
Well for those of you that don't know, according to my local gamestop buddy I guess the jungle Camo that comes with their pre-order is supposed to change colors by default based on which level you're playing. Not sure where he's getting this information since I'm pretty sure your color is changeable anyway or it corresponds with the team you're on, but that's what he told me.

Ty-Rex
07-03-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm pretty sure Vector is correct. I don't think the different locations are offering different armors. Just skins.
Yeah, you guys are right. :(

And if you're friend could come up with some solid evidence that the camo color changes, that would be pretty cool. Until then, I'll just take it about as seriously as a "My uncle who works at Nintendo said..." claim.

N7 Shadow
07-05-2012, 05:59 PM
And if you're friend could come up with some solid evidence that the camo color changes, that would be pretty cool. Until then, I'll just take it about as seriously as a "My uncle who works at Nintendo said..." claim.

From the Gamestop website:

Pre-order Halo 4 today and receive the customizable "Forest" armor skin! Suit up in Halo Infinity Multiplayer competitive and cooperative matches with the customizable "Forest" armor skin. The colors of the armor skin can be customized to fit your personality.

NOTE: Halo Infinity Multiplayer will revert players to default colors in some competitive modes

Also from the Best Buy website:

When you pre-order Halo 4 for Xbox 360 at Best Buy, you'll gain access to an exclusive Multiplayer Raptor armor (Skin). The armor (Skin) can be customized with your choice of colors.

Halo Infinity Multiplayer will revert players to default colors in some competitive modes

Same thing is said on Amazon and other places (Most likely.) that have pre-order bonuses.

Ty-Rex
07-06-2012, 12:28 AM
From the Gamestop website:
Nah, I get that, it's just what DarkReign said was that the camo would change color based on the level you were on. So if you were playing a FFA game on a map that was primarily green, your armor would change to a green color.

DarkReign2021
07-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Nah, I get that, it's just what DarkReign said was that the camo would change color based on the level you were on. So if you were playing a FFA game on a map that was primarily green, your armor would change to a green color.

Like I said, I seriously questioned Michael's accuracy. You have to take a GS employee's info with a grain a salt. Than again, sadly I find myself to be more knowledgeable than most videogame retail employees these days anyway. I typically know better than to listen to them. I just posted it because I'm not really keeping up with the different Pre-order bonuses this time around.

mrj3d
07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm sure I'll get it from Amazon. Always do. Great services, I have Prime so more benefits.

Nevander
07-10-2012, 03:38 PM
All of them

This.

I hate retailer specific pre-order DLCs. They need to cut that out and cut out pre-order incentives altogether. I want to be able to get ALL the content for any one game. Maybe all the skins will be available at some point.

fastNcurious
07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I hate retailer specific pre-order DLCs. They need to cut that out and cut out pre-order incentives altogether. I want to be able to get ALL the content for any one game. Maybe all the skins will be available at some point.

But then you kill the economy for pre-order DLC codes on ebay!! We can't do anything that will further hurt the economy! The people. Think of the people!!

/jk