PDA

View Full Version : Playing Game's in the Hardest Difficulted???

xXxDave69prxXx
07-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Hello evryone and first of all GM all i hope everyone havinf good day and Bon Apettid,Well is just a curious mine if u Guy's is like me,i love playing game's in the most hard Difficult possible i dont care if i unlock a Achievement or no tin the Game, i love play it Hardest,I ask u when u bought any Game that u never play it before do u in the firt PlayTrough do u play it in the Hard or Hardest Difficult??? or just play Normally???Feel free to put ur Opinion Guy's LOL :)

ChickinOnaChain
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
First, I really like your signature. I've never seen it before. The couch & pics on the wall look cool!

Anyway, I always play my game on "easy" and never anything above it. I play for fun, not frustration.

AmbaLaBamba
07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Some games I always go through on either the easiest or middle difficulty, for example when a new CoD game comes out I always play it on easiest first to see what I'm doing and then go through a second time on the hardest.

Sometimes I just go straight in to the deep end, recently I played Spec Ops The Line and jumped straight in there on the second hardest difficulty (as the hardest wasn't unlocked) and for the most part did well.

I suppose it depends on the game for me, though I always get hacked off when people ask me 'Why are you playing on that difficulty, haha' when playing on the easiest. Is it your game? Are you playing on my console? No. So stfu and let me play my way. :)

Rums
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
I start out on hard, if possible, on every game I've ever played. It just makes all the trivial achievements easier when I can switch difficulties on another play through.

EliteShadowMan
07-02-2012, 01:53 PM
If i have to play on hard to unlock a harder difficulty for an achievement i do. But usually i'll play on medium.

siamese snake
07-02-2012, 02:02 PM
I usually start on medium to get a feel of the game and then crank it up once i've completed it.

xXxDave69prxXx
07-02-2012, 02:04 PM
First, I really like your signature. I've never seen it before. The couch & pics on the wall look cool!

Anyway, I always play my game on "easy" and never anything above it. I play for fun, not frustration.
thkkkkkkkkk bro for u opinion that right i pay it for fun too,but i dont know why i love to play it in hardest difficult man i dont care if i unlocka achievement or not but is like a challenge for me jejeje and thk for the sighnature if u like it here is the link bro ok enjoy it they got lot a fun gamecard sighnature ..http://www.xboxresource.com/creategamercard.php?gamertag=&gstyle=xag_couch

xXxDave69prxXx
07-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Some games I always go through on either the easiest or middle difficulty, for example when a new CoD game comes out I always play it on easiest first to see what I'm doing and then go through a second time on the hardest.

Sometimes I just go straight in to the deep end, recently I played Spec Ops The Line and jumped straight in there on the second hardest difficulty (as the hardest wasn't unlocked) and for the most part did well.

I suppose it depends on the game for me, though I always get hacked off when people ask me 'Why are you playing on that difficulty, haha' when playing on the easiest. Is it your game? Are you playing on my console? No. So stfu and let me play my way. :)
that is soooooooooo true is ur game ur playing it no one if u wanna play it hardest well good for u no one had to tell u how to play so so true
I start out on hard, if possible, on every game I've ever played. It just makes all the trivial achievements easier when I can switch difficulties on another play through.
yeppp like i do but if i dont unlock any achieve cool for me too is like all the Call of Duty man love to play it Hardest Difficult man is a Challenge for me jjejeje lol
If i have to play on hard to unlock a harder difficulty for an achievement i do. But usually i'll play on medium.
yep lot a people first run play it normally yepp some game when dont have the gardest dificult like some arcade game yep i play it normally

Starkweather
07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
I suck at a lot of games so i usually start on normal difficulty to get used to them then try harder. Unless it is something like FIFA which i go straight to World Class.

I do try to play on hard occasionally like Max Payne 3 i finished on Hard first but then again maybe it wasn't that difficult.

EliteShadowMan
07-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I suck at a lot of games so i usually start on normal difficulty to get used to them then try harder. Unless it is something like FIFA which i go straight to World Class.

I do try to play on hard occasionally like Max Payne 3 i finished on Hard first but then again maybe it wasn't that difficult.

Really? I thought even Normal on that game was above average, and found Hard to be a lot worse.

mrj3d
07-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I usually play on Normal/Medium at first, then if achievements require it, I'll crank it up and play again. If there's no achievements, I rarely bother.

DJConnelly
07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Normal on the first playthrough. Unless it's CoD in which case it's veteran because they are all prety easy now. After that, depends on the achievements I guess. Now and again I might come across a a game I really like and think, well this is just too easy, I need a challenge. But that's a rarity.

xXxDave69prxXx
07-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Normal on the first playthrough. Unless it's CoD in which case it's veteran because they are all prety easy now. After that, depends on the achievements I guess. Now and again I might come across a a game I really like and think, well this is just too easy, I need a challenge. But that's a rarity.
so u saying if there a achieve u need to unlock to playing hard diffcult u play it in Hard right?if the game not say any achieve to unlock in Hardest Difficult well u play it normally!!!

Skorpion XBA
07-02-2012, 03:08 PM
It really all depends. If it's a crap game for just achievements, then I'll play on whatever's required. Sometimes I play just to get a feel of the game then play on a higher difficulty. With Call of Duty I always start on Veteran.

Scotty
07-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I play on the easiest difficulty all the time. only time I play on harder is for cheevos. It's more fun for me to be all powerful on a game and destroy everything really easy.

Tsaako
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I play on easy first to get a feel for the game. Then I play on hardest (granted that theres achievements for it.)

DJConnelly
07-02-2012, 03:47 PM
so u saying if there a achieve u need to unlock to playing hard diffcult u play it in Hard right?if the game not say any achieve to unlock in Hardest Difficult well u play it normally!!!

Yeah, pretty much. I think Dragon Age: Origins might have been the excepton. I don't recall their being an achievement for completing it on anything other than normal, but that game was God damn amazing, and I ended up putting the difficulty up.

infectedcrow
07-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I normally start everything on the hardest difficultly for the sake of achievements. The way I figure it is if I can figure the game out on insane mode or whatever it is, it'll be so easy to knock out simple achievements later. Plus by learning the game on hard, theres no gaint difficulty jump when I go to finish it on hard since Im already doing it!

FIST2THEJOHNSON
07-02-2012, 03:51 PM
i always beat it on the lowest difficulty then the highest

xXxDave69prxXx
07-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Cool Amazing lot a people here prefered to play Easy way or Normally cool,well like i say before i dont say i dont play Games in easy way or normally one game i play in easy wass Dead Space,i starded in the Hardest but mannn for me wass really Difficulted and i star a new game in Normally but man with all that the game wass a little complicated for me,the whe i finish all i play in Insane Difficulted and wass a really challenge LOL then in Call of Duty i never play that game Before and when i Bought my Xbox30 Elite Editon came with that Game and mannn that game wass unraped uff flike 5 month because i never like that type of game One person View,but i say wtf im gonna pay it to see how is i mann love it and all other Call of Duty i play it i started in Veteran is really cool and very Challange for me LOL

hydrosugar
07-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Games like Fifa, Tekken and NFS I automatically shift to the hardest difficulty. With campaigns I usually dont play on hard. Though I do occasionally if the game is too easy otherwise. (Mafia 2)

A ZombieTwinkie
07-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I, personally, like starting out on the hardest difficulty. I like a bit of a challenge. I'll end up doing another play through on easier difficulty once I've beaten it if I need to mop up achievements.

I don't know why, but it bugs me a bit when I have to beat a game on a certain difficulty to unlock the next. It's just a cheap way of making people play the game multiple times. I rent games a lot anymore, so I don't have a lot of time to play multiple times (same goes with achievements that don't stack/require certain difficulties). Between a full time job and 2, soon to be 3 kids, and a girlfriend... Yeah.

Starkweather
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Really? I thought even Normal on that game was above average, and found Hard to be a lot worse.

I only found the stadium and final part tough. Though i did hear the difficulties are unbalanced in it, i haven't tried hardcore yet.

UltimaDragoon89
07-02-2012, 05:59 PM
If I can play the game on the harder difficulties without pulling my hair out or smashing the controller out of frustration, sure bring on the challenge.

Illicit
07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Majority of the time I play on the hardest difficulty available first, then clean up on easy. There have been a few exceptions though.

Most of the hardest difficulties I've played have not been too bad.

Wurmstrom
07-05-2012, 06:57 PM
I always play on the hardest difficulty or higher (New Vegas hardcore mode), if possible.

Only exceptions are for achievements that don't stack like Devil May Cry 4.

Rep
07-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I usually play on medium/normal for my first playthrough. If the game's great and I feel up to playing it again, then I'll have another playthrough on harder difficulties.

N7 Shadow
07-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I always play on the hardest difficulty or higher (New Vegas hardcore mode), if possible.

Only exceptions are for achievements that don't stack like Devil May Cry 4.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/18935354.jpg

Haha couldn't help it. :p

OT: I play on the medium/normal difficulty first. I like to know beforehand what I get myself into before playing the hardest difficulty (And when I go for achievements.). :)

rikib004
07-05-2012, 07:30 PM
COD's & Sports games I go hard.... other games I play on medium usually first

yourbreakfast99
07-05-2012, 07:52 PM
usually i will play the campaign on the easiest levels to pick up some achievemnts and get the gist of it and then later on i will plya the hardest difficulty

Mister Spraggsy
07-05-2012, 08:38 PM
I never play on the hardest difficulty first. I like to enjoy the game and not get frustrated by difficulty.
Once I've completed the game I do usually do a playthrough on the hardest difficulty.

Qonok
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I usually play on easy (if there isn't an difficulty achievement) or normal (since if there is a 'hard' difficulty unlock (with a respective achievement) you would need to play on normal, and not easy, to unlock it.

I prefer to get all the collectables and other such side mission achievements done on a lower difficulty. I play for fun and a lot of times hard isn't just hard but since there is a rare game with good AI, hard is usually 'cheap' in its gameplay. Among other thingsthat is done, they massively increase the damage you take while massively reducing the damage you do to make it 'hard' rather than make a good AI.

1 up
07-05-2012, 09:27 PM
COD's & Sports games I go hard.... other games I play on medium usually first

i play COD on hard to but rage quit a few times

BSC YoungBoy
07-05-2012, 09:33 PM
I usually play games on normal however, games like FIFA provide no challenge and are incredibly boring at anything other than the hardest difficulty.

Barad
07-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Well I always play on the easiest difficulty first to blast through the game without any trouble so I can enjoy it. My SECOND playthrough is where i'll play on the hardest for the achievement or whatever..of course with games like Max Payne 3, you need to complete the game like 8 times so it doesn't even matter what difficulty you play on first, just makes sense to play on normal for experience, then hard with knowledge so you know what's coming.

Spade.
07-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Normal/Regular.

Gives me a decent challenge and get to pay attention to the story/plot. Then the harder/hardest difficulty for :gsicon: .

McGoogles
07-05-2012, 11:51 PM
If the achievements are stackable, then I'd play it on the hardest difficulty first. If they're not, then I'd play it on the easiest difficulty and acquire as many missable achievements as possible.

FFFreak1129
07-06-2012, 02:29 AM
It depends. Most games I play on Normal the first time through to unlock the hardest difficulty and then go through it on that. If the game doesn't seem to be that hard (from what people say on the forums), I will jump in on the hardest difficulty.

Wurmstrom
07-06-2012, 04:53 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/18935354.jpg

Haha couldn't help it. :p

OT: I play on the medium/normal difficulty first. I like to know beforehand what I get myself into before playing the hardest difficulty (And when I go for achievements.). :)

I get that all the time on live...

Samigi
07-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I play on Casual/Easy then if I can be bothered I'll play on hard

R34L91
07-06-2012, 06:39 PM
First play alsways on Normal or default difficulty to get the hang of the game but never on easy, 2nd playthrough on hard/harder difficulty!

HabsCen10ial
07-07-2012, 01:49 PM
If achievements are involved then I'll play it on the hardest difficulty. If not then I'll usually play the game on the medium (normal) difficulty. I try to save myself unnecessary frustration.

CHIRUNO99
07-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Always Normal first. It's not too easy yet not too hard.
After my first playthrough I then amp it up to Hard and possibly the highest.

KrazyBonesSales
07-07-2012, 09:13 PM
for me it depends on the game, the only game i really start on the hardest setting is games that have online multiplayer like the Modern Warfare series, simply cause if you cant beat it on veteran (or whatever the hardest setting is) then you'd probably get your a$$ kicked lol

GrimSovereignty
07-07-2012, 10:17 PM
I tend to play through on the regular difficulty at first then I tend to go play again on the hardest difficulty.

muzykalscorpio
07-08-2012, 12:20 AM
I play on the lowest difficulty that has an achievement attached to it.

For example, if there are no difficulty achievements whatsoever, then I will play on the easiest setting possible.

If there is even a "beat it on Normal" achievement, and Normal is just the one above Easy, then I'll start playing on Normal.

That sorta thing.

Side example -- playing the Devil May Cry HD Collection recently, and read that if you accept the game's EASY difficulty offer, you opt out of the NORMAL difficulty achievement. So I passed on it and have been beating the games on NORMAL (and not taking EASY option).

dvdubb
07-08-2012, 12:58 AM
I'll finish the hardest difficulty if there is an achievement attached to it (either stacked or not which may cause me to play the game multiple times), otherwise I normally play the game on Normal (or whatever the default is...)

the real a 0bsolete
07-08-2012, 01:50 AM
playing on the hardest difficulty gives me the best game experience. it really shows you if the devs went into a lot of depth while creating the levels. anyone can make a game impossibly hard or way too easy but it takes skill to get it just right.

InsulinShaman
07-08-2012, 03:51 AM
I'll finish the hardest difficulty if there is an achievement attached to it (either stacked or not which may cause me to play the game multiple times), otherwise I normally play the game on Normal (or whatever the default is...)
This pretty much sums it up for me,If I'm encouraged to beat it on the hardest difficulty buy and achievement then I will.

sleepydumbdude
07-08-2012, 03:55 AM
I like to play on the easiest level that will give me achievements and beat it the fastest and move onto the next game. If the game is good then I'll go back but that is very rare.

Schism
07-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Always on the hardest difficulty. Love the challenge and it makes the first run through of the game seem "longer"? If you just run through on easy it would take the quickest amount of time, but on hard it at least holds you down longer. Unless I have to go through to unlock the higher mode then I will set it on a lower one.

SicklyPlague
07-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Unless there is a condition like halo in which you must play the game on normal to get achievements i will play on easy first (unless its an arcade game with unlimited lives like death smiles or x-men then i will play on hard to start).

I rarely play on the hardest difficulty because of my backlog and because i get frustrated when i get killed in one shot in cover by a guy who i cant even see.

iNFiNiTii
07-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I always play on hard because its fun (most of the time) and challenging.

Chaz Of Sparta
07-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I usually play on middle difficulty, I want to have fun and a reasonable challenge without the frustration.

steelcity14
07-10-2012, 12:15 AM
I always start my game on the hardest level when possible. Some games you have to beat on normal to unlock the hardest level. I figure it's more of a challenge and I get more for my money when I play it on hard. Excellent question!

warrenpaul
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
If they stack i do it in the hardest whats available, if not ill just go through it from the easiest

BombToChest
07-10-2012, 01:48 AM
I do not mind playing on Hard. Since i have played max payne 3 it makes me think again sometimes lol.

Iceskater101
07-10-2012, 02:30 AM
I usually play on the medium difficulty. If I play on the hardest difficulty, I might end up hating the game because the game is really difficult. I always end up going back and playing the hardest difficulties

BabyZebruh
07-10-2012, 08:02 AM
I usually end up playing on the hardest unless you have to unlock the hardest by playing on another . .

But boy oh boy . . Dead Space , Dead Space 2 , and Max Payne 3 was NO JOKE on the hardest difficulty ! I TELL YOU THAT ! LOL

H2O
07-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I always start on the hardest. I like to be challenged by my games.

Qreditzz
02-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Normally then on my second play through i go on the hardest possible

MasterSparky
02-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Depends on the game. If its a game Ive really looked forward to Ill play on normal and then hard so I get to enjoy it the first time with no fustrations and then get to enjoy it again knowing what I need to do.

If a normal game doesnt have hard achievements I dont bother.

FatalDeathSG45
02-22-2013, 05:03 AM
I usually start games on Normal difficulty. If it's a game I'm really used to, I start on Hard (I've started Dead Space 3 on Hard instead of Normal like I did with the first 2 games). After that, I go for the hardest difficulty possible.

Death Metal Jim
02-22-2013, 07:08 AM
If there's an achievement for it, I start the game on the hardest difficulty that's available. Some games require you to play through the game at least once before unlocking the hardest, so I'll do that if need be. The only games I make an exception for though are games with New Game +, where you can bring all your upgraded stuff into your next playthrough. Games like Red Faction: Armageddon, Sacred 2, and Earth Defense Force. Those games I always start off on easy/normal and build my character up so I can have a better chance on the higher difficulty when I get to it.

dzy
02-22-2013, 07:54 AM
I usually go for normal unless there's a part of the game that ticks me off to no end then i'll switch it to easy.

CyberPunch83
02-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Playing on the hardest difficulty was never something I would dream of doing. I want to play a game and experience everything there is to see and do, not get unnecessarily frustrated and throw the controller at a wall. However, if an achievement requires completion on the hardest difficulty or whichever one they specify, then you better believe that will be either my first or second run of the game right there. Just another facet of how I game, changed by achievements. It really did change everything, the more I think about it.

ginge88isfun
02-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Unless its for chievos, I play on easy or normal depending on style of gameplay.

The only other time I play on hard is when I want to save money on a new haircut.

l Absolution l
02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Usually I just start games on the "Normal" difficulty. If I really like the game after I beat it, I'll usually play it again on the hardest, depending on what it is. Though some games I just play on Hard by default, usually because it still doesn't feel all that hard to me regardless, like Bioshock.

Skorpion XBA
02-22-2013, 04:50 PM
The only other time I play on hard is when I want to save money on a new haircut.

I don't think I've ever heard that one before lol.

Majica8
02-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Depends on the game I guess. I used to play on the easiest or 2nd easiest on first playthrough no matter what, but sometimes I up it now. If it's a story driven game or something I want to focus on then I'll still usually put it on easy (i.e. I played Dead Space 3 on Casual first, although bumped it up to normal half way through), same with Mass Effect 3. However with Modern Warfare 3 (and if I ever bother with BlOps II) I go straight to veteran. Same with the HAWX games when I played them.
Also just depends what mood I'm on. Sometimes I just want a bit of fun, not frustration.

ginge88isfun
02-22-2013, 07:20 PM
I don't think I've ever heard that one before lol.

Well remember, you heard it here first haha.

SinEchoHunter
02-22-2013, 09:13 PM
if its a game with a confusing gameplay mechanic i tend to play it on easy otherwise its normally played on normal but if i really like the game i try to finish it on the hardest difficulty (darksiders, resident evil 6, gears of war)

LASer364
02-23-2013, 12:55 AM
All depends on the game for what difficulty I play on. If it's a first person shooter, I'll usually play on the hard difficulty if there's one above hard.