PDA

View Full Version : A version of Halo Waypoint in different franchises?

Spartan095
07-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Seems like the right site to ask. Consider Waypoint as it is. An app on the 360 that provides a hub for a game series. As well as news and so on it tracks achievements. Now the reason I'm into achievements and Halo is because of Waypoint (Longer story o my 'Hello' post). Its the only game that I can think of that rewards you for achievements. This encouraged me to collect achievements in Halo and all games, including DLC achievements. As well, all the achievements feed into Reach, with ways to unlock armor, exp and screen shots for it.

But that's the context. My question is would a different game be suited for doing its own version of Waypoint, with the same concept in mind?

EliteShadowMan
07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
I could see bigger series like Gears, CoD, and Assassin's Creed having something like this considering the amount of games each series has.

mrj3d
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I don't see any reason why something like that wouldn't work with games that have numerous entries. That'd be pretty cool.

Skilled
07-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Wouldn't be bad. I've seen it suggested for Gears of War.

Spartan095
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Wouldn't be bad. I've seen it suggested for Gears of War.

One of my thoughts. The trilogy leads up to Judgement in the way that the 5 halo games led up to Reach. I'm gonna try get full GS on the Gow trilogy anyway, but that's after Assassins Creed and Fable. If another game came out with this, I'd heavily consider it, even if it had multiplayer achievements. Waypoint is the only reason I tolerate the ones in Halo.