PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops 2 Pre-Orders Falling Well Below Modern Warfare 3

Sarsage
07-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Looking at the US pre-order charts black ops 2 is 121,000 pre-orders behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 during the same week before release last year. Are people finally realising that CoD is pretty much the same thing every year? Or is Halo 4 going to be a CoD killer?

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250224/usa-preorders-chart-23-june-2012-lego-batman-2/

iBuzz7S
07-02-2012, 10:55 PM
My pre-order number will mean something once they announce a Hardened/Prestige Edition. Looking back, MW3's HE was revealed late July, so a few more weeks and we may know more.

Stormy2k
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Or is Halo 4 going to be a CoD killer?An Xbox only title killing the multiformat COD?

Never in sales figures.

Even if Halo 4 was multiformat, I'd doubt it.

Sarsage
07-04-2012, 08:54 AM
An Xbox only title killing the multiformat COD?

Never in sales figures.

Even if Halo 4 was multiformat, I'd doubt it.

Halo 4 pre-orders are beating black ops 2 pre-orders on both formats. It may not kill CoD but it must of had some effect on why the pre-orders are so low compared to MW3.

Ehrenfried
07-04-2012, 10:02 AM
How i hate such threads...

4 months to go, and none of you know what "propaganda" Treyarch/Activison will come up with to push the sales.
I bet that BOII will crush MW3 in all.

CMCX360
07-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Halo 4 pre-orders are beating black ops 2 pre-orders on both formats. It may not kill CoD but it must of had some effect on why the pre-orders are so low compared to MW3.

I haven't pre-ordered because I am waiting for the Hardened Edition. So there.

I have also pre-ordered the Halo 4 limited edition.

Skorpion XBA
07-05-2012, 12:30 AM
It really doesn't matter one way or the other to me. As long as I get my copy I'll be happy. But if BO2 turns out like MW3 then I probably won't preorder or even buy any CoD game that follows.

iBuzz7S
07-05-2012, 12:50 AM
But if BO2 turns out like MW3 then I probably won't preorder
How would you be able to pre-order it? The game would have to be released, played and reviewed in some way for you to decide whether it turned out like MW3 or not. :p

Burnout x360a
07-05-2012, 08:01 AM
How would you be able to pre-order it? The game would have to be released, played and reviewed in some way for you to decide whether it turned out like MW3 or not. :p

He has a time machine? :p

Skorpion XBA
07-05-2012, 11:08 AM

LOL. What I'm saying is I do have BO2 preordered. But if it turns out like MW3 then I won't preorder any CoD games that follow BO2.

Vespah
07-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Does anyone really care about the pre-order figures?

Everyone knows that the game will sell by the millions and probably end up as the top selling game, just like all the previous titles.

Stormy2k
07-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Pre orders may be down, but come the Xmas rush and parents buying the game for little Timmy, the sales will be just fine.

yourbreakfast99
07-05-2012, 03:35 PM
its because most people prefer the modern warfare series and black ops 1 didn't impress me(at all) besides zombies. And pre-order doesn't mean much when they're isn't a prestige/hardened edition. Halo is a good series but nothing will be a cod killer. When cod dies it will be its own fault

Scogle Blamar
07-05-2012, 04:06 PM
I haven't preordered either because I'm waiting to hear about hardened edition. Also, to me at least, BO2 just doesn't look as good at this point as MW3 did last year. Although, I felt similar about BO and MW2, and I think the story and single player campaign of BO is one of my favourites so far.

Metabolic XBA
07-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah I don't think pre-order figures will matter much to a game like BOPS2 because of all the parents who buy it for the underage muppets we have to deal with.

Sarsage
07-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Pre orders may be down, but come the Xmas rush and parents buying the game for little Timmy, the sales will be just fine.

Yeah I don't think pre-order figures will matter much to a game like BOPS2 because of all the parents who buy it for the underage muppets we have to deal with.

The point of this thread was to point out that BO2 isn't doing nearly as well as MW3 in pre-orders. If loads of parents buy BO2 for their kids at Christmas, it doesn't matter because the same thing happened for MW3, cancelling each other out pretty much.

Metabolic XBA
07-05-2012, 05:48 PM
The point of this thread was to point out that BO2 isn't doing nearly as well as MW3 in pre-orders. If loads of parents buy BO2 for their kids at Christmas, it doesn't matter because the same thing happened for MW3, cancelling each other out pretty much.

But the implication of pre-order figures being down is that sales will be down. Where else was this conversation going to go if it didn't move onto speculation about sales figures? All you would have is replies that say 'yeah they are lower'

Sarsage
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
But the implication of pre-order figures being down is that sales will be down. Where else was this conversation going to go if it didn't move onto speculation about sales figures? All you would have is replies that say 'yeah they are lower'

My response was more to the other guy, but I just wanted opinions of why BO2 isn't doing as well as the worst CoD since CoD 3. Also BO2's regular edition has pre-order incentives and MW3's didn't, which should mean that BO2 should be doing better, even before the Hardened/Prestige edition is available to pre-order.

Metabolic XBA
07-05-2012, 08:14 PM
My response was more to the other guy, but I just wanted opinions of why BO2 isn't doing as well as the worst CoD since CoD 3. Also BO2's regular edition has pre-order incentives and MW3's didn't, which should mean that BO2 should be doing better, even before the Hardened/Prestige edition is available to pre-order.

The only reason I could see is because they didn't announce the hardened/prestige, other than people just not being interested obviously. Not sure if this is correct or not but didn't they announce there was going to be no prestige edition of MW3 pretty early on? That might have encouraged a flurry of orders from people who would have been waiting for that version.

Sarsage
07-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Not sure if this is correct or not but didn't they announce there was going to be no prestige edition of MW3 pretty early on?

Yeah they did, I guess they couldn't think of anything better than a pair of night vision goggles and a remote controlled car. I wouldn't be surprised if BO2 didn't have a prestige edition, but they might have a remote controlled Quadrotor which would be pretty cool.

StayonTarget
07-11-2012, 05:54 AM
It's because people won't be able to wrap their heads around a somewhat original storyline. XD I'm hoping I can easily upgrade my preorder once hardened comes out.

jules the great
07-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Does anyone really care about the pre-order figures?

Everyone knows that the game will sell by the millions and probably end up as the top selling game, just like all the previous titles.
Yup, this pretty much sums it up. I preorderd two copies for me and my son. I might change my mind on one of them IF the special ed. has anything worthwhile. I enjoyed B.Ops Multiplayer and from what I understand the changes look amazing.

Spade.
07-26-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm not buying this until I get to play it at a friends or something. Not making the mistake I made last year with MW3.

StayonTarget
07-27-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm not buying this until I get to play it at a friends or something. Not making the mistake I made last year with MW3.

Well knowing you love MW2, that's understandable. But MW3 is the worst COD to date. Or at least for the time period.

i NatrlKilla i
07-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Well knowing you love MW2, that's understandable. But MW3 is the worst COD to date. Or at least for the time period.

Couldn't agree more, yet I still have a small urge to buy it again.

OT: I'll be buying Black Ops II on release day. It's Treyarch, and they did an excellent job with Black Ops. Plus, if the MP turns out to be crap, I can just stick to zombies.

Ice Car
07-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Excellent.

EXCELLENT

Should be noted that the only reason I might get this game is for the updated Combat Training... Which is the only thing that I play Black Ops for.

StillTIPPIN187
08-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Lol.. Niiiicee.. That juggernaut of a title Halo 4 is reclaiming some lost territory.. just hope i dont have to play this blops 2 game too much ike i had to in 2010 when Halo Reach MP sorta burned out for me..

Hutchy27
08-09-2012, 08:56 AM
I won't pre-ordering this, as I never have with a COD game. But I'll most likely get it for Christmas. As it looks like there at least attempting to make it difference to previous instalments.

I'm mostly looking forward to Assassin's Creed 3 and Hitman: Absolution! :)

Smoochy
08-09-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm guessing it's the fact that the hardened/prestige editions haven't been released yet. I'll be surprised if it doesn't beat MW3 in pre-order sales.

JASEL84
08-12-2012, 07:16 AM
I bet that BOII will crush MW3 in all.