PDA

View Full Version : Will this get me banned?

cjdavies
07-02-2012, 09:53 PM
If I put this as my motto:
"In ACR I can poison without the smokebomb, people who need it have no skill"

Genesis x360a
07-02-2012, 09:56 PM
No, I don't see why that would get you banned. Anything that's deemed offensive will get you banned, references to sex, race, religion, bad language Etc.

siamese snake
07-02-2012, 10:09 PM
I can't see why that would get you suspended or banned but stranger things have happened.

As above said, as long as its not offensive then i don't see the problem.

Sanction
07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Kids and their lingo nowadays. ACR...what's that? A new drug?

kleine89
07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
I really don't see why it would. But how many people actually read these?

ChickinOnaChain
07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it but I'm sure not the last word on this stuff.

kleine89
07-02-2012, 10:17 PM
I believe this:
www.callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/ACR

veece16
07-02-2012, 10:22 PM

Can't tell if being sarcastic or serious.

Sarsage
07-02-2012, 10:23 PM
He's talking about Assassins Creed Revelations I believe.

siamese snake
07-02-2012, 10:24 PM

Assassin's Creed:Revelations i'm guessing.

Sanction
07-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Can't tell if being sarcastic or serious.

100% sarcasm. I need a sign for it, I know.

DragonsGoMOO
07-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Don't even bother putting it in. Just play the games and enjoy the games. It's not Facebook where everyone cares about every dumb status there is.

Rums
07-02-2012, 10:35 PM
100% sarcasm. I need a sign for it, I know.
No you don't.

mrj3d
07-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Can't see why that would bother anyone, but then again people are finnicky.

Barad
07-02-2012, 11:06 PM
No that wouldn't get you banned, and it wouldn't even fit in your motto, bio you mean.

iBuzz7S
07-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Change it, let me report it and we'll see what happens. :p

Once you sign up to Xbox LIVE, you agree to Microsoft owning your online identity, as well as agreeing to their Terms and Conditions. You can get banned for putting "Hello, my name is John" for your bio. That's how ridiculous the system is.

Will you get banned? I don't see a problem with it, but Microsoft could interpret "In ACR I can poison without the smokebomb" as something of a terrorist attack.

yourbreakfast99
07-02-2012, 11:30 PM
i highly doubt that you will be banned but yuo never know

yourbreakfast99
07-02-2012, 11:32 PM
this is my bio and ive been fine.

I love the smell of naplam in the morning. I'm a surfer brah. NYY 27 Time-Champs. NJ DEVILS 3 Time Stanley Cup Champs. Pokemon was the Golden Days. Always up for some good 'ol zombies. Like Hitler, I have a million kills and only one death, I camp more than Anne Frank, and I get more care packages than Haiti. Back in 'nam my Gramp killed plenty of 'em communist basterds.

Gackt
07-02-2012, 11:33 PM

I love the smell of naplam in the morning. I'm a surfer brah. NYY 27 Time-Champs. NJ DEVILS 3 Time Stanley Cup Champs. Pokemon was the Golden Days. Always up for some good 'ol zombies. Like Hitler, I have a million kills and only one death, I camp more than Anne Frank, and I get more care packages than Haiti. Back in 'nam my Gramp killed plenty of 'em communist basterds.

Plenty in there to be reported for. Doesn't surprise me that a call of duty kid has a stupid bio though...

AmbaLaBamba
07-02-2012, 11:52 PM

Ouch, expect to be banned in the next couple of days. :p

DecadentBeaver
07-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Don't even bother putting it in. Just play the games and enjoy the games. It's not Facebook where everyone cares about every dumb status there is.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have a bio, but its Minecraft related for anyone who can be arsed to read it.

otaking live
07-03-2012, 01:23 AM
......oh hell. I just saw ACR and thought he was talking about the gun in mw3.......*leaves quietly*

bigbear2face
07-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Plenty in there to be reported for. Doesn't surprise me that a call of duty kid has a stupid bio though...

Seriously...That Hitler shit is way over the line. I'd like to reach through my monitor and punch that kid.

BTW bitchin' new sig and avatar pic!

Ayx
07-03-2012, 01:33 AM

I love the smell of naplam in the morning. I'm a surfer brah. NYY 27 Time-Champs. NJ DEVILS 3 Time Stanley Cup Champs. Pokemon was the Golden Days. Always up for some good 'ol zombies. Like Hitler, I have a million kills and only one death, I camp more than Anne Frank, and I get more care packages than Haiti. Back in 'nam my Gramp killed plenty of 'em communist basterds.Reported for having DEVILS in the bio.

rest is k

yourbreakfast99
07-03-2012, 01:57 AM
You should probably remove some of that

K thanks. I removed the stuff at the end.

Spanish Assault
07-03-2012, 02:09 AM

You should be fine. Although M$ will have the last word.

i highly doubt that you will be banned but yuo never know

#1 Nice double post. Learn to use the "Multi" button....it is your friend.

#2 Not sure if you are serious, but your bio could get you banned. Change it and hope to GOD no one reports you.

......oh hell. I just saw ACR and thought he was talking about the gun in mw3.......*leaves quietly*

LOL...loves the "leaves quietly"

Reported for having DEVILS in the bio.

rest is k

I was going to ignore you, but you are too entertaining in a harmless sort of way.

THE DEADLY DOG
07-03-2012, 02:13 AM

O__O

An odd question.

CyanideSpirit
07-03-2012, 02:51 AM

And he's from New Jersey too...they're always from New Jersey :(

bigbear2face
07-03-2012, 03:03 AM

I blame Snooki.

yourbreakfast99
07-03-2012, 03:05 AM

Lol, you from jersey too. You gone to the beach, it's been crazy silent lately

yourbreakfast99
07-03-2012, 03:07 AM

Seriously, i put cod in for the first time in a month and you're calling me a cod kid. Name calling shows that you have no good comebacks and nothing was even directed at you.

FFFreak1129
07-03-2012, 03:14 AM
I don't see why it would get you banned. Though to be safe maybe instead of putting ACR you should put Assassin's Creed Revelations. That way there is no mix up and they know you are talking about a game and not some drug or whatever.

PMS Green1Chaos
07-03-2012, 03:57 AM
I don't see a problem with the bio.As long as theirs no curse words, religious slang, racial talk, or anything that people find offensive, then it shouldn't be a problem.

DJConnelly
07-03-2012, 04:06 AM
Disgraceful bio. How haven't you been banned!?!

Seriously, i put cod in for the first time in a month and you're calling me a cod kid. Name calling shows that you have no good comebacks and nothing was even directed at you.

The 3 CoD games in your zaamit sig probably contributed to that. The CoD avatar picture as well. Good job you changed it. That'll throw him off the scent.

yourbreakfast99
07-03-2012, 04:20 AM
Disgraceful bio. How haven't you been banned!?!

The 3 CoD games in your zaamit sig probably contributed to that. The CoD avatar picture as well. Good job you changed it. That'll throw him off the scent.

Well yeah but thats because i dont have many games

hydrosugar
07-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Common sense dictates you wont, Microsoft's lack of sense means anything's possible.

Spanish Assault
07-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Lol, you from jersey too. You gone to the beach, it's been crazy silent lately

Come on....another double post?

For the love of GOD use Multi post button.

1 up
07-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Come on....another double post?

For the love of GOD use Multi post button.

calm down everything will be fine ;)

Rapturous Rich
07-03-2012, 12:24 PM
yourbreakfast99's is full of fail anyway. Hitler didn't personally kill millions.
But then I wouldn't expect a little COD kiddy to know much about history anyway.

Spanish Assault
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
calm down everything will be fine ;)
I'm calm....just trying to cut down on forum clutter. Imagine if everyone double posted....you would have to go through 2 times as many replies.

People continue to ignore the "edit" and "multi off" buttons.

Gackt
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM

No, I called you a Call of Duty kid because there were 3 COD's on your recently played games list. I am not name calling, was stating the obvious. If you found that to be offensive I apologize, but your bio is still stupid.

Burnout x360a
07-03-2012, 12:42 PM

I'd be disgusted if I were you, what an awful bio. Also, the spelling and grammar is bad.

Spanish Assault
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
I'd be disgusted if I were you, what an awful bio. Also, the spelling and grammar is bad.
Like most teens he's looking for attention.

AmbaLaBamba
07-03-2012, 01:05 PM

You have much to learn when it comes to certain people on this forum.

Also, I hope that you have changed you bio because that crap is really distasteful. You should know better..

cjdavies
07-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Cheers all, just wanted to check, and yes it is for Assassins Creed Revelations, just get really annoyed when someone uses Smokebomb to kill/poison you as it takes no skill and I can easily do it most of the time without it. Here is hoping for a 90 second cooldown time in AC3.

kyboy
07-03-2012, 01:09 PM
i'd say, it wouldnt get you banned. just last week, my motto was "lesbian", and i didnt get banned lol

CHIRUNO99
07-03-2012, 01:40 PM
It only gets you banned when people send in the reports and if it's a multiple offense, then Microsoft spend about a day rereading it over and over until they find something offensive. If there's nothing there which can be taken as offence, nothing happens.

Your first offence is just Code of Conduct and you don't get to change it back for a while. Oddly enough Microsoft has an auto filter which stops people from writing certain phrases into their motto/bio, like 'lolicon' and 'Code of Conduct'.

CoregBlue1
07-03-2012, 01:57 PM
i'd say, it wouldnt get you banned. just last week, my motto was "lesbian", and i didnt get banned lol

why should you? nothing bad about it.

HRichter113
07-03-2012, 03:43 PM
You should be ok.

Ayx
07-03-2012, 03:57 PM
No, I called you a Call of Duty kid because there were 3 COD's on your recently played games list. I am not name calling, was stating the obvious. If you found that to be offensive I apologize, but your bio is still stupid.So because someone has 3 Call of Duty games you're a "CoD kid"? LOL. Now gamers even have sub-stereotypes? That's not pathetic or anything on your behalf. I have CoD 4, Black Ops and MW3 on my gamercard/recent games list because I play clan matches once in a blue moon, but I mostly focus on Fighting games and XBLA games. How do you get out of this "CoD kid" stereotype if I own three games but play a bunch of other games from different genres? I'm only going by what you said, which I think is completely (and laughably) wrong.

I do agree that the bio is offensive and somewhat influenced by call of duty due to the "Care Packages" joke, but these are old slang sentences people have been saying in shooting games forever. (Mostly the Hitler one.)

Reported.

Gackt
07-03-2012, 04:02 PM
So because someone has 3 Call of Duty games you're a "CoD kid"? LOL. Now gamers even have sub-stereotypes? That's not pathetic or anything on your behalf. I have CoD 4, Black Ops and MW3 on my gamercard/recent games list because I play clan matches once in a blue moon, but I mostly focus on Fighting games and XBLA games. How do you get out of this "CoD kid" stereotype if I own three games but play a bunch of other games from different genres? I'm only going by what you said, which I think is completely (and laughably) wrong.

I do agree that the bio is offensive and somewhat influenced by call of duty due to the "Care Packages" joke, but these are old slang sentences people have been saying in shooting games forever. (Mostly the Hitler one.)

Reported.

Well, he is a teen(kid) and has multiple COD's on his recently played so yes...that infact makes him a Call of Duty kid. Feel free to msg me in the future if you need me to explain more difficult hard to follow things like that.

AmbaLaBamba
07-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Well, he is a teen(kid) and has multiple COD's on his recently played so yes...that infact makes him a Call of Duty kid. Feel free to msg me in the future if you need me to explain more difficult hard to follow things like that.

You should know by now that that other guy isn't worth you breath. You have far more important things to do around here... like discussing whether or not my recent signature looks damn fine in that light! x')

For what it's worth anyone who has more than one Call of Duty game in their recently played I would call a CoD Kid too, just for the lols. :p

CoregBlue1
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM

i knew this would be good.

EliteShadowMan
07-03-2012, 04:08 PM

Gackt don't bother wasting your time on either idiots. One thinks that he's cool for having a bio about Hitler, and the other spells like a moron on half his posts. Just go back to trying to beat me in score you jerk! :)

On Topic: If that get's you banned i'd be surprised. I usually just keep my motto/bio the same so i never have to worry about getting banned for no reason.

Rums
07-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Seems everyone is permitted to be a dick but me, eh Carmona25? lol, hack.

Mountains of awesomeness
Indeed, sir. srs

re:No way hosay.

Gackt
07-03-2012, 04:17 PM
u mite wanna wipe da brwn outta yo noze pal l0l

Of course it would be you who approves of such sub-stereotypes, why doesn't that surprise me?

I'm asking you why does that sub-stereotype even exist, when multiple people play multiple call of duty games but prefer and play other genres as well? The only one not following the post is you, I understood it perfectly.

His justification had nothing to do with what my primary concern was. As said before:

Because he acted like an idiot, he has an immature bio like you see countless of stupid kids with on COD over xbox live, therefor he gets labeled as a COD Kiddy. That's why it exists.
I didn't call him that just because he played a few call of duty games, I've played every call of duty game...but I don't put offensive crap in my bio like a 14yr old trying to get attention.
You know it's people like that who make the rest of us hate the series since the games are overrun with immature children.

CoregBlue1
07-03-2012, 04:19 PM
His justification had nothing to do with what my primary concern was. As said before:

i think it had because its obvious that this guy is one of those underage COD kids that talk uneducated shit and i was about to say the exact same thing so edited my post because he beat me to it.

its so obvious that i feel stupid clarifying it.

Edit: and he beat me again to it lolz.

EliteShadowMan
07-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Why are you guys wasting your time replying to Ayx? He's just going to keep responding to get the last word, and keep spelling like an uneducated little kid just to be annoying.

CoregBlue1
07-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Why are you guys wasting your time replying to Ayx? He's just going to keep responding to get the last word, and keep spelling like an uneducated little kid just to be annoying.

yeah im gonna stop now, you know why?

cod da bes n000000 contest

Ayx
07-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Indeed, sir. srs

thx bby <3

Because he acted like an idiot, he has an immature bio like you see countless of stupid kids with on COD over xbox live, therefor he gets labeled as a COD Kiddy. That's why it exists.
I didn't call him that just because he played a few call of duty games, I've played every call of duty game...but I don't put offensive crap in my bio like a 14yr old trying to get attention.
You know it's people like that who make the rest of us hate the series since the games are overrun with immature children.Weird how now you decide to explain it, with the detail I requested in the first place. Yet I was the one not following? In the post I read and re-read a few times, anyone could assume that was the reason you called him a "cod kid" because it could seem justified in your eyes, but I don't think that the stereotype is even necessary. You must have forgotten when Tea Bagging was extremely popular in Halo and Team Killing in quake and other arena shooters that permitted it.

I can see your blind hatred towards the game/community, but don't blame Call of Duty for "spawning" such people in here as it's been here since shooting games ever started. It just expanded a bit more due to how mainstream the game got, but it was always there. I don't see how your stereotype is justified still, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

i think it had because its obvious that this guy is one of those underage COD kids that talk uneducated shit and i was about to say the exact same thing so edited my post because he beat me to it.

its so obvious that i feel stupid clarifying it.

Edit: and he beat me again to it lolz.You should feel stupid; because you didn't clarify/justify your post like he did the first time. It's only obvious because you're drinking the same "kool-aid" he is by blind hating the Call of Duty franchise due to the community.

People should know that it's the people as individuals that act a certain way, people that are MMORPG hardcore players have this same exact attitude yet they don't get ragged because they're not from this console (mostly.)

I noticed this was the second time you mentioned my name when the conversation had nothing to do with you. If you want to schedule a date or appointment, feel free to send me a PM with your complaints and I'll be glad to attend you. Thank you!

yeah im gonna stop now, you know why?

Yet I defend it with better reasons than you guys hating it. QQ.

Gackt
07-03-2012, 04:40 PM

I just noticed that. Done with him now :D

Burnout x360a
07-03-2012, 04:43 PM

Very odd posts, that's all I think.

Ayx
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd say the same thing if I were in your shoes as well after that conversation. After lurking and seeing you also hate Bethesda and spew it out so the world can notice, you have no right to call that guy an attention seeker. Thankfully I don't have to hold my breath for a constructive and mature response on your behalf any longer.

Very odd posts, that's all I think.

I know that I voice my opinion a lot, and type in a "immature little kid" manner but after proving that I can type and have a debate completely fine like a "normal" person, why is it a concern for others how I decide to type? They always pick on me and try to talk trash, I say my opinion and they're "done with me". Yet I'm "trolling"? People these days.

Burnout x360a
07-03-2012, 04:57 PM
I know that I voice my opinion a lot, and type in a "immature little kid" manner but after proving that I can type and have a debate completely fine like a "normal" person, why is it a concern for others who I decide to type? They always pick on me and try to talk trash, I say my opinion and they're "done with me". Yet I'm "trolling"? People these days.

If you want to post like that go ahead. I do think it's a little strange and weird personally but oh well, no offense intended.

JimCant
07-03-2012, 05:37 PM
thx bby <3

You must have forgotten when Tea Bagging was extremely popular in Halo and Team Killing in quake and other arena shooters that permitted it.

QQ.

Man thanks for reminding me of Tea Bagging! I am totally gonna try this when I play Black Ops later tonight haha

niko da bos
07-03-2012, 05:46 PM

10points!!!

i agree all the way, i used to have some minimal info in there (josh, chicago il). then after some match in call of duty this griefer looks at my bio and starts saying my name, then "DAAA BEARS." trying to make fun of my city or something, when he probably lived in some bufu redneck town. lol i just left the lobby and promptly removed all info.

Man thanks for reminding me of Tea Bagging! I am totally gonna try this when I play Black Ops later tonight haha

lol i recently hopped back on reach for the first time in a long while, so i was a little rusty at halo but it was still fun. no joke, the FIRST person who managed to outplay in that match.. emmediately walks over my body and starts slamming his nuts against my face. lol! i was like REALLY!? back when i used to play halo(3 era), the only time i would teabagg is if the guy deserved it. like if he was chasing me for a while then i turn around to kill him, or if i get a melee kill on somebody with a shotgun. when i go back on halo now, its like all the spartans are in heat. lol

JimCant
07-03-2012, 07:30 PM
10points!!!

when i go back on halo now, its like all the spartans are in heat. lol

Haha that made me laugh

Spanish Assault
07-03-2012, 09:48 PM
thx bby <3

This made me think....and now you go on the ignore list. SOmething is up with you and Rums....you should find better company....I dont trust you anymore.

DOOKH8R
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM

I have now found myself agreeing with him twice in one week. Uncharted territory here.

This made me think....and now you go on the ignore list. SOmething is up with you and Rums....you should find better company....I dont trust you anymore.

Anymore? It took you this long to decide. Well, part of that is understandable, because I don't understand half of what Ayx is saying.

Rums
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
It's not a matter of trust, or distrust. It's not even about like or dislike, it's nothing personal. That's what you need to learn, Carmona25. There are no sides, and the sooner you and yours understand this the longer we all can get away with it.

There's nothing up with me, it's you that needs to adjust.

Creech
07-03-2012, 10:05 PM
To the OP, as already stated by others, that bio/motto is fine and won't get you suspended.

You can get banned for putting "Hello, my name is John" for your bio. That's how ridiculous the system is.

That is not a true statement.

References to notorious figures such as Hitler are specifically mentioned as not acceptable in the Code of Conduct. Anne Frank is not notorious, but given the context it would also likely draw enforcement action. The "more care packages than Haiti" would also likely be considered offensive as it is belittling a tragic event.

However, MS relies largely on a complaint based system, so if nobody complains, you won't get suspended. If one person complains - or a thousand - a member of the Enforcement Team will look at your profile and decide if you are in violation of the Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct.

It only gets you banned when people send in the reports and if it's a multiple offense, then Microsoft spend about a day rereading it over and over until they find something offensive. If there's nothing there which can be taken as offence, nothing happens.

Your first offence is just Code of Conduct and you don't get to change it back for a while. Oddly enough Microsoft has an auto filter which stops people from writing certain phrases into their motto/bio, like 'lolicon' and 'Code of Conduct'.

All profile based offenses result in a profile wipe replaced with "Code of Conduct" in all fields. The length of the suspension is determined generally by the number of prior offenses, with 24 hours for the first offense and going up from there. The exception is offensive/inappropriate gamertags, where you are only suspended until you change the tag.

Note that being "banned" is significantly different from being "suspended". A ban is a permanent change of state where you are no longer permitted to connect to Xbox LIVE. Suspensions are temporary and automatically expire after a preset amount of time.

HEXSNAKE
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
You have to be really careful not to offend anyone. Slightest infringement to the terms and conditions and its a scruffy ban. Oh well..

Spanish Assault
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM
I have now found myself agreeing with him twice in one week. Uncharted territory here.

Anymore? It took you this long to decide. Well, part of that is understandable, because I don't understand half of what Ayx is saying.
yeah I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but as they say birds of a feather flock together.

Moving on.

the real a 0bsolete
07-08-2012, 02:12 AM
you shouldn't get banned for that

iBuzz7S
07-08-2012, 02:26 AM
That is not a true statement.
It was more opinion than anything, but I find it to be true. Microsoft can do and will do whatever they please. I'm sure you heard/read about the Fort Gay incident. Clear sign of ignorance right there.

When you register your XBL profile, you agree to Microsoft owning your online identity. ANYTHING you put on that profile can be edited by Microsoft without your consent. That is what I was getting at.

As always, you can never be too careful, especially with Microsoft.

Chaz Of Sparta
07-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Just don't put it in, just in case.

Spanish Assault
07-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Just don't put it in, just in case.
Thats what she said....

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/1203864_o.gif

/Thread

Bugzy
07-08-2012, 02:32 PM
It was more opinion than anything, but I find it to be true. Microsoft can do and will do whatever they please. I'm sure you heard/read about the Fort Gay incident. Clear sign of ignorance right there.

When you register your XBL profile, you agree to Microsoft owning your online identity. ANYTHING you put on that profile can be edited by Microsoft without your consent. That is what I was getting at.

As always, you can never be too careful, especially with Microsoft.

I don't see how that supports your original statement. The example of Fort Gay was ignorance and lack of awareness. Your original statement suggests something much deeper. Have you any examples to back up your original statement?