PDA

View Full Version : Importers *Please Read*

Smokez
09-03-2007, 05:02 AM
First off Please Only Reply if you have Imported before

I am currently in the process of getting a Japanese 360 and some games. I am using play-asia and there 360s are 429. and 399. Is there any cheaper website? I kno this isn't the right section to post in but no one checks the Japanese Sub Forums. I made a post on the 30th and it has 8 views. I also couldn't find Wrestle Kingdom

My Shopping cart from Play-Asia
Xbox 360 Blue Dragon Bundle (Asia) $429.90
Trusty Bell (Asia) $34.90
Absolute : Blazing Infinty (Japan) $64.90
Oneechanbara vorteX (Japan) $60.90
Everyparty (Japan) $34.90
Super RobotTaisen XO (Japan) $60.90
Grand Total without shipping - $686.40

Waiting List - All (Japan)
Bullet Witch $24.90
Zegapain NOT $64.90
Zegapain OXR $60.90
Tenchu Seran $34.90
Zoids Infinity EX NEO $64.90
Senko no Ronde Rev. X $64.90
Tengai Makyou: Ziria $64.90
Diario : Reverse Moon Legend $64.90

The Pants Party
09-03-2007, 05:08 AM
I would suggest not getting the bundle if you can get a system by itself cheaper. Blue Dragon doesn't give double points and would be a lot easier in English.

Smokez
09-03-2007, 05:10 AM
The only other system I can see is the pro and its 399. I don't wanna pay 500 for the Elite But the Blue Dragon bundle comes with the game and 2 controllers as the Pro only has 1. I wanted the Trusty Bell Bundle but it's Out

TheLazyWolf
09-04-2007, 12:12 AM
A few things.. Neither Blue dragon nor Trusty bell gives double points, so why on earth would you want to play them in Japanese, when you can play them in English?(unless you are fluent in Japanese, in which case, my bad)
Second, EVERYTHING from your US 360 will work with your JPN360, so you do not need any controllers, or Hard Drive. In fact, if you DO get a hard drive, you will have to keep your profile on a memory card if you want to easily swap it between systems. Its easier to keep it on your hard drive and just swap it out.

Ebay= Awesome. Thats the lesson. I got my first JPN360 for $225 on ebay over a year ago. Brand new, but i didnt take ANY accesories or cords so i got it way cheap. When it broke 8 months later, MS warrantied it from the day i bought it on Ebay. Though i buy games almost exclusively from Playasia.

Finally, your game selection. You won't be able to play Absolute, unless you are fluent in Japanese. The same applies to Ziria. Robot Taisen is iffy also. Everyparty Japanese is playable, but seriously it is NOT fun. Trust me on this, if you can find 1 person who has played it who disagrees with me, then nevermind but im betting you can't. they have to have played it long enough to get at least 200 points though.

I do highly recommend Oneechanbara, and Diario is heavy in Japanese, but can be figured out pretty easily. Kengo zero was not bad, but the US version comes out this month. LOVEFB was imo the most fun sports games for 360. i liked it a lot. Dynasty warriors special is also playable, if you like those games. Oneechanbara is very similar to one of them, but you are a hot scantily clad chick fighting zombies.

Smokez
09-04-2007, 02:44 AM
A few things.. Neither Blue dragon nor Trusty bell gives double points, so why on earth would you want to play them in Japanese, when you can play them in English?(unless you are fluent in Japanese, in which case, my bad)
Second, EVERYTHING from your US 360 will work with your JPN360, so you do not need any controllers, or Hard Drive. In fact, if you DO get a hard drive, you will have to keep your profile on a memory card if you want to easily swap it between systems. Its easier to keep it on your hard drive and just swap it out.

Ebay= Awesome. Thats the lesson. I got my first JPN360 for $225 on ebay over a year ago. Brand new, but i didnt take ANY accesories or cords so i got it way cheap. When it broke 8 months later, MS warrantied it from the day i bought it on Ebay. Though i buy games almost exclusively from Playasia.

Finally, your game selection. You won't be able to play Absolute, unless you are fluent in Japanese. The same applies to Ziria. Robot Taisen is iffy also. Everyparty Japanese is playable, but seriously it is NOT fun. Trust me on this, if you can find 1 person who has played it who disagrees with me, then nevermind but im betting you can't. they have to have played it long enough to get at least 200 points though.

I do highly recommend Oneechanbara, and Diario is heavy in Japanese, but can be figured out pretty easily. Kengo zero was not bad, but the US version comes out this month. LOVEFB was imo the most fun sports games for 360. i liked it a lot. Dynasty warriors special is also playable, if you like those games. Oneechanbara is very similar to one of them, but you are a hot scantily clad chick fighting zombies.

First off Thank you for responding

Are you sure Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata isn't doubled? I do need another controller because the one I have now is bad shape. The left analog is messed up and hurts me in gameplay for certain games. I searched EBay and found no 360s. I didn't know a Kengo Zero was coming to the US so I can now rent it from GF if I ever get it back. I liked Dynasty Warriors but hated 5(only have 60 points) so Idk if I would pick up the Jap version. So Absolute and Ziara will be hard to play since I cant speak Japanese, does that mean I can't get any points or it's just gonna be really hard to understand? and I need another HD because mine is pretty much full. The only reason I would the Japanese version of Blue Dragon is because its alot cheaper and comes with the cheapest 360.

09-04-2007, 03:39 AM
I don't want to sound ignorant but I'm too lazy to check, so: Aren't Trusty Bell and Absolute: Blazing Infinity the same game?

Scotian Bred
09-04-2007, 04:35 AM
Well, i must say i could never play any game that i could not understand what they were saying or what was bieng displayed, it would be like doing drugs without umm doing drugs! .. ah well to each his own.

the only things for my 360 i import are faceplates those aussies got some friggin sweet plates, I collect faceplates and only rare hard to find ones .. the blue dragon one from asia is very nice .. its in the mail .. or on the plane .. or somewhere , all i know is its comin.

but back to the console from asia .. is this why you want it for achievement points ?.. please don't say you just want to play these games !

and if you must .. i would say definatly check on ebay like the other fella said for some of these things first cause more then not you can get em and probably for alot less then retail

Smokez
09-04-2007, 04:49 AM
I don't want to sound ignorant but I'm too lazy to check, so: Aren't Trusty Bell and Absolute: Blazing Infinity the same game?

No, Trusty Bell is Eternal Sonata.

@Number Uno - Yes I want the 360 for achievement points but I also want it for the games. I searched on Ebay can't find anything for a Japanese 360.

AOS Puck
09-04-2007, 05:26 AM
I searched on Ebay can't find anything for a Japanese 360.

You really need some lessons on how to use eBay apparently. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICROSOFT-XBOX-360-SYSTEM-JAPAN-VERSION-IN-BOX-20G-HD_W0QQitemZ120157341753QQihZ002QQcategoryZ62054QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-MICROSOFT-SYSTEM-JAPAN-VER-b4j-00005-NTSCJ_W0QQitemZ120158049232QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6205 4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Smokez
09-04-2007, 05:43 AM
You really need some lessons on how to use eBay apparently. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICROSOFT-XBOX-360-SYSTEM-JAPAN-VERSION-IN-BOX-20G-HD_W0QQitemZ120157341753QQihZ002QQcategoryZ62054QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-MICROSOFT-SYSTEM-JAPAN-VER-b4j-00005-NTSCJ_W0QQitemZ120158049232QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6205 4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sadly I never use eBay. One of them said he only used it once and he bought a NTSC already. Isn't that the same thing he is selling? I am gonna have to wait the onther one. Nice find Puck. Also what should I search for on eBay for Japanese 360s and Games?

Krazie
09-04-2007, 05:48 AM
If you're getting a Japanese 360 just for the achievement points, isnt it kind of pointless now with the multitude of games coming out from this point forward? You'll never have enough time to play the U.S. video games, let alone games you cant understand. Half the games on your list you can get in the U.S. now or in the future and in full-English

Oneechanabra Vortex, Diario, and Ziria have been rumored to being ported over here along with the ones mentioned, I believe..

I was interested in doing this last year until I realized for the purposes I was getting it for was really a waste of money. If you're getting it to simply play the handful of games that you wont be able to get over here, God bless you, but if its just for achievement points, not really the best of decisions when theres so many other games to play here..

Scotian Bred
09-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Use ebay like google and put quotation marks before and after any word you want to search .. like for the items you would like to find put "xbox 360" "japan" it will show any items listed with those two keywords in the title there is alot of games and a few consoles for sale just using those two keywords .. but you can mess around with different keywords and get different results but these are the two main words to get you the most matches.

and the add on ebay says: I THOUGHT I COULD PLAY US GAMES ON IT BUT I GOT A NTSC ONE SO I DONT NEED THIS

so it seems as if the dude bought this one without knowing that it didn't work with regualr NTSC games

Jdm
09-04-2007, 07:31 AM
I actually purchased a NTSC-J 360 off eBay for $350.00 + S&H.

It was a LE Blue Dragon Core + 20GB HDD. It came with the NTSC-J version of Blue Dragon, Component cables, and a 20GB HDD. It was used, but it was SUPER clean. The guy still had all the original items that came with it. The box, baggies, manual, and etc.

At that time, that was the BEST deal. I would search eBay before actually buying from Play-Asia. I'm sorry to say, but Play-Asia has very expensive S&H and it'll take awhile for the items to arrive to you.

Smokez
09-04-2007, 03:50 PM
If you're getting a Japanese 360 just for the achievement points, isnt it kind of pointless now with the multitude of games coming out from this point forward? You'll never have enough time to play the U.S. video games, let alone games you cant understand. Half the games on your list you can get in the U.S. now or in the future and in full-English

Oneechanabra Vortex, Diario, and Ziria have been rumored to being ported over here along with the ones mentioned, I believe..

I was interested in doing this last year until I realized for the purposes I was getting it for was really a waste of money. If you're getting it to simply play the handful of games that you wont be able to get over here, God bless you, but if its just for achievement points, not really the best of decisions when theres so many other games to play here..

I don't really play any US games as it is right now. Just mainly RRXX and an arcade game everynow and then. But most of these I wanna play to and no matter what I am gonna try and get the points. I mean when halo3 comes out I honestly will most likely only play for points unless my old pro H2 team wants to give it a run. The Only game I can honestly say I will not play for Achievements is AC

@Number Uno - I will try that, and so thats the system I am looking for?

@JDM - I found some guy off a diffrent site trying to sell his Japanese 360 with 11 games for 500. It comes with a 6 month warranty. Most of the games he is seling with i want so thats good but he has a custom side to it and I dont think you can send that in for repairs

TheLazyWolf
09-04-2007, 04:01 PM
I forgot to mention Wrestle Kingdom, that was a fun one, i liked it much better than Smackdown.If you didnt like DW5 then stay far far away from DW special, its the same except waaay longer, and without the empires part. Just 48 characters with 5 to 6 level stories each. Completing any characters story roughly 1-2 hours) nets you 20 points, except Zuo Tai who nets 60 points.

As for searching on Ebay, you have hit upon the reason why you can sometimes find them for so cheap, people use a lot of different terms to post them. Region coding- NTSC-U is for the US. NTSC-J is for japan. Searching NTSC-J can give you good results.

ALL japanese games are region coded only for japan. About 95% of US games are not actually region encoded. In fact, the only two games that come to mind atm as NOT working on a jpn system, are Call of Duty 2 and Tetris:evolutions, and anything that gives double points. Rainbow Six, Guitar Hero 2, GoW, COD3, none of the big ones that have come out recently are region coded and will play on the JPN 360.

If you collect and keep your games, the JPN 360 is a real bargain. This is because you can get the asian version of games for almost $30 cheaper than the US version, and they are IDENTICAL, with the exception of some of the writing in the manual. For instance when NBA street came out, i couldnt justify paying 59.99 for that game, so i got the asian version for 39.99.Means a jpn system pays for itself in roughly 10 game purchases. The dowside of this is Gamestop is NOT going to take your asian version of street on trade in.

So, if you were buying a second system anyways, i would wholeheartedly recommend getting a Jpn one. I used mine exclusively for over a year. If you are getting one just to play imports you wouldnt otherwise get a chance to play, then pass. Vortex and WK are good games, but its not worth $300 to play them.

Kengo Zero US release is titled Kengo: Legends of the Nine. Im thinking no double points, because it releases this month and MGC isnt tracking anyone with dual points.

Finally, dont be tricked by the MGC leaderboards. 95% of all the english speakers with points in these games gamesaved them. I think thats why your post in the Jpn section only got 8 views :) They are doable, but it does add an extra level of difficulty not being able to read them. (though games like Vortex have english menus.)

If Kaens would make an appearance, his views would be nice to hear, I know that he is in agreeance with me that you do get an extra feeling of pride when you complete a Japanese title legitimately.

Even if the games end up coming to the US, it can still be really fun to get the games early. I got to play through Tenchu Sehnran almost a year before its US release, which was sweet for me because im a huge Tenchu fan. On the otherside of that coin, it was a long game and i dont really want to play through it again in English 3 times.

I also encourage importing because i believe it makes these titles more likely to end up getting US releases. I don't think games life Earth Defense Force would have gotten released here, had it not been for tons of US users importing it. After all, the japanese aren't buying these games:p

PS. Senko No Ronde Revolutions doesnt give double points, its english title is WarTech and currently my gamestop is selling it new for 29.99.

Hope that helps ya some, and im always happy to answer questions about JPN titles.

Edit : (my post is freaking long, of course im gonna forget something) A lot of gamesavers buy JPN360s, thinking it will be easy points, then turn around a month later and sell them for almost half price. I am always getting messages that people have a JPN console with x games for sale. If you are interested, ill send you a message the next time i hear of one. Usually i wouldnt trust buying one from them, but with the new 3 year warranty things have changed.

Smokez
09-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I have heard alot of people talk good about that game(Wrestle Kingdom) but I couldn't find it on play-asia. The only reason I would get Senko No Ronde is because its cheaper then the US version. And it looks like I wil be staying far away from DW4 Special. Thanks LazyWolf. I was hoping Kaens and Flyersfan would make an appearance since I kno they are the major importers around here.

I am also gonna start searching on eBay for NTSC-J

cc99999
09-04-2007, 05:03 PM
I didn't read everything everybody said, but I'll throw my opinion in because I own almost all of the J games.

Get Robot Taisen if you want to boost gamerscore. I will do it with you- it will take about a week- but we'll get about 800 points.

Blue Dragon asia is fine. It's in English. It's a good bundle, you get an extra HDD if you ever need it.

You can use your own plug/power supply and your own a/v component cables- they use a slightly different plug.

Check out Kaens card or my card for Japanese achievements (you could pm Lazy and the two of you could go over his card, if he wants).

I enjoy my Japanese console- and I like to see games I wouldn't get to play here. You don't really do it for achievements, as I only have about 2800 points from Japanese titles.

You can double up Import Tuner, Saints Row, Pro Evo, Moto Gp Asia...

Krazie
09-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Kengo Zero US release is titled Kengo: Legends of the Nine. Im thinking no double points, because it releases this month and MGC isnt tracking anyone with dual points.

Well, we dont even have the English achievements yet, so we'll find out soon :p

TheLazyWolf
09-04-2007, 10:48 PM
^^ True, but thats why im thinking it wont double up.

When ordering games from Playasia, make sure you order 2-3 at a time. This way you can overnight the games for about $3-5/game, otherwise you will have to pay $12-$20 per game if you want it within 2 weeks. You may try asking Stallion83 about Wrestle Kingdom. I believe he still has the game, and may want to sell it to you. Ive traded many Japanese games with him..( speaking of which cc ill still send ya everyparty if you would ever send me ur address to somewhere besides my 360, where i accidently delete it everytime)

Kaens
09-04-2007, 11:43 PM
If Kaens would make an appearance, his views would be nice to hear, I know that he is in agreeance with me that you do get an extra feeling of pride when you complete a Japanese title legitimately.
Sorry, I haven't left the Blue Dragon forum for a week now ;) Yeah I pretty much agree with everything Lazy said, but I'll give quick comments on things in this thread.

Xbox 360 Blue Dragon Bundle (Asia) $429.90 <~ fair price imo since you get so much in bundle, but you can usually find a lot cheaper on ebay

Trusty Bell (Asia) $34.90 <~ I'd disagree that you have to be fluent in this game because it's SOO linear that almost impossible not to progress. Of course I have never seen an RPG with so much talking. I have NO clue what the story is and there are like ten playable characters that just come and go. It's weird, but gorgeous. It's too close, I recommend waiting.

Absolute : Blazing Infinty (Japan) $64.90 <~ one of the few titles I have but haven't thrown in.. turn based grid rpg ala FF Tactics. I'm sure it's good, but it's like Spectral Force 3. I like it, but once you get stuck (as I did about 15 hours in) your just screwed.

Oneechanbara vorteX (Japan) $60.90 <~ I personally love this game, super easy to play and import. I doubt it will come to US, not that it wouldn't sell, but it's been around and has always been a PS franchise.

Everyparty (Japan) $34.90 <~ Lazy is right, I think this is one of the worst Jap games. Very bad wanna be Mario Party. It strikes me as American developers trying toooo hard to appeal to what they THINK Japanese people like.

Super RobotTaisen XO (Japan) $60.90 <~ CC is crazy, only 300 points of this is boostable in a reasonable amount of time, getting those ranks is super hard. Reason being you can only match up with people of your rank.

Bullet Witch $24.90 <~ Exactly what you'd expect, same as the later released US version. There is one small difference that is INSANELY irritating is it doesn't have the sensitivity meter for turning radius. Not even joking when I was complaining to a friend about it I timed it = 8 seconds to spin around once. Not so good on harder levels. Double points.

Zegapain NOT $64.90 & Zegapain OXR $60.90 <~ sweet ripoff, each game will only give you 500 points and it only shows up once as same game on your tag. From what I could tell playing it, there isn't even any difference between the two other than the cover art. The game was fun enough, until I got to the first "real" boss, probably worth an achievement, and I got straight up owned for an hour. Never even got him below 95%.

Tenchu Seran $34.90 <~ one of my very favorites, exactly like us version except small button mapping differences (use item is default on Y instead of clicking RS for example) but it is worth double points.

Zoids Infinity EX NEO $64.90 <~ kinda cool cause it's always fun to build your robots and stuff, but in the end the actual battling is terrible. It always just devolves into two guys circling each other. Boosters nightmare, but you can get points if you have a partner.

Senko no Ronde Rev. X $64.90 <~ Wartech: Senko is exact same game and even loads the same save files. Go rent that and save yourself the cash. I own both which is a terrible waste of cash, but hey I can boost myself :)

Tengai Makyou: Ziria $64.90 <~ I LOVE this RPG, but again Lazy was right. This is so NOT linear, it doesn't mark your map with where you are supposed to go so there has been multiple times when I'm totally stuck. For example, once I had to go back 3 sub maps (basically to another continent) into a mine to find a map under some rock to progress the story. Yes it's that hard. In English it would just be fun and easy, but as an import it's tough.

Diario : Reverse Moon Legend $64.90 <~ See Spectral Force and Absolute. All three are same type of game, actually I'm 95+% positive that all three are actually Japanese PS2 games, but Diario doesn't have a grid. So a circle moves around you based on your movement instead. The graphics are terrible because they look like 4:3 graphics stretched out to widescreen. There may be options to change it but I don't know, can't find them.
If you collect and keep your games, the JPN 360 is a real bargain. This is because you can get the asian version of games for almost $30 cheaper than the US version, and they are IDENTICAL, with the exception of some of the writing in the manual. For instance when NBA street came out, i couldnt justify paying 59.99 for that game, so i got the asian version for 39.99.Means a jpn system pays for itself in roughly 10 game purchases. The dowside of this is Gamestop is NOT going to take your asian version of street on trade in.
Certainly true, but I'd never buy games release here first over there. Why spend $40 or even $30 on a game that should clearly be a $8 rental? And then you can't trade it in. Sometimes you can't even match up with people with different regions and there are separate leaderboards for each version (EM, Everyparty). So what should be an easy boost, might turn into something impossible.
I have heard alot of people talk good about that game(Wrestle Kingdom) but I couldn't find it on play-asia. The only reason I would get Senko No Ronde is because its cheaper then the US version. And it looks like I wil be staying far away from DW4 Special. Thanks LazyWolf. I was hoping Kaens and Flyersfan would make an appearance since I kno they are the major importers around here.
Wrestle Kingdom I thought was pretty weak in the beginning, fun making your guy but then I didn't care for it. Then after my guy started getting better and I discovered the custom move sets the game became soo much fun, better than US wrestling games for sure. Senko is cheaper here, it was budget title and as Lazy pointed out, goes for $30 new. DW4 is certainly an acquired taste. 1000 points is 100% doable if you can bear it. The points are not as fast as the US releases. Each of the 40 characters has their own story mode which ranges from 4-8 levels. It's not bad, just boring.

TheLazyWolf
09-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Couple things.

I didnt say Trusty Bell needs japanese fluency, I said its no double points with english release this week;)

Secondly, yeah Street was a poor example, but it works for GoW, Chromehounds, Lost planet, etc.

Absolute is almost 10x as long as Spectral Force 3, according to those Ive talked to.

Diario Is not confusing like Spectral Force 3 and absolute. You always start dungeon missions by doing the exact same thing, and the battlefields are all spawned randomly. You WONT get stuck in this one, but it is an endurance tester..To beat the last guy i had to level up from level 107 all the way to level 392 before i could even touch him. Plays EXACTLY like Band of Bugs.

Smokez
09-05-2007, 02:12 AM
WOW Thank You Kaens. A few things tho, for Zegapain NOT and OXR, is 500 the most you can or it's that hard? I guess I will get Eternal Sonata in the US instead of from Play-Asia since it's not doubled and kinda hard. Is there any games that you think isn't worth it at all?

Also if any of you guys are selling some Games Let me Know

Kaens
09-05-2007, 03:03 PM
WOW Thank You Kaens. A few things tho, for Zegapain NOT and OXR, is 500 the most you can or it's that hard? I guess I will get Eternal Sonata in the US instead of from Play-Asia since it's not doubled and kinda hard. Is there any games that you think isn't worth it at all?

Also if any of you guys are selling some Games Let me Know

Well since I have never actually earned any achievements in Zegapain I'm only speculating, but both games loaded the exact same save file and they were identical from what I could tell other than the menu screen. If you look at the achievements, half say ZOR and the other half say NOT. It's my belief that you can only earn each of those with that respective copy.

Smokez
09-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I looked at a Zegapain thread and Frankie B1 said you need both games to get a 1000. That means I won't be getting them unless I can find them for really really cheap

TheLazyWolf
09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Heres my zegapain story.. I only Have XOR. You can only earn 500 points from it. The other 500 do come from NOT.

I had to beat XOR, get ready for it... 22 times before i finally got a single achievement point from it.

ALL of the achievements pop at the exact same time, assuming you have fufilled the requirements for them. The requirements being, get all SS rankings on ALL stages, including the ridiculous bosses.

Kaens- the way to beat the bosses, is to use the Zegapain robot (starting robot) with one of the first weapons you get. I want to say it does either 450 or 550 damage on the stat table. It is a laser that locks on 4 times..

Speaking of locking on, i went through almost 10 times before i realized that you can charge your weapons, ala megabuster style, by holding down the button. Thats the key to beating them.

edit: There was an XOR demo on the japanese marketplace, dunno if its still there.

Kaens
09-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks, maybe some rainy day I'll break it out again, but seeing how I won't earn any achievements until I get ALL SS ratings that's not going to happen ;)

Smokez
09-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Lazywolf you jus saved me 130bucks. I won't be getting this unless it becomes 30 or less

italianstallion
09-13-2007, 09:25 AM
If you want wreslte kingdom, im sure we can work something out. All its doing is collecting dust.