PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got extra 360 controller screws?

Blood XIII
07-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I know it sounds weird (And suggestive if you want to be immature), but I'm looking for anyone who has extra controller screws for Xbox 360 controllers. I've recently gotten into aesthetic customization (NOT RAPIDFIRE MODS) and I've lost a few screws to my controllers in the process.

I'm willing to pay up to $0.25 for each screw (Because, let's be honest, they're just screws) if anyone has any extras. You can just make a listing on Ebay if you want or the transaction can be done through Paypal. You can also just send them for free if you don't care, lol.

If you're wondering HOW you would send them, it's as easy as sticking them in a normal envelope with a normal stamp. I'm pretty sure if I can sell Nintendo DS cartridges this way that screws won't upset anyone at the post office.

Dav13s
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Try Amazon, there's some on the UK site so I would assume they are on the US site too.

Blood XIII
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Try Amazon, there's some on the UK site so I would assume they are on the US site too.

Just checked the UK site and actually some of that stuff DOESN'T show up on the US site. Amazon always was a bit derpy (I should know, I worked there for awhile, lol!)

I DID see a few there, but I'm looking for the official screws. The third party ones are always too big or too small and I don't want to mess up the thread inserts on my Reach controller shell, so I'm looking for official Microsoft screws.

ChickinOnaChain
07-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Don't they have some kind of special head like a star? It seems a friend told me that, when he was going to take his apart.

AmbaLaBamba
07-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Don't they have some kind of special head like a star? It seems a friend told me that, when he was going to take his apart.

Yeah they do and they're a bitch to put back in and take out actually, so easy to strip them it's unbelievable. :(

Could you not get them from somewhere like eBay if you have an account? I know they sell a lot of things on there and I'm sure a seller with have something you're looking for and for cheap.. or maybe a seller from Hong Kong, man they're cheap!

Blood XIII
07-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I've found quite a few on ebay, but I'm looking for OFFICAL screws from Microsoft, not the third-party ones that are all over. All the third party screws are too big and they strip the the thread inserts and don't hold very well, not to mention that I don't want to damage my Reach shell.

AmbaLaBamba
07-03-2012, 04:21 PM
I've found quite a few on ebay, but I'm looking for OFFICAL screws from Microsoft, not the third-party ones that are all over. All the third party screws are too big and they strip the the thread inserts and don't hold very well, not to mention that I don't want to damage my Reach shell.

I'm not sure then, I'm surprised that Microsoft doesn't sell them to people as spare parts.

Blood XIII
07-03-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure then, I'm surprised that Microsoft doesn't sell them to people as spare parts.

I'd say it's because M$ is SUPER anal about people messing with their products. If you open your controller then you void the warranty (Which I'm not even sure if there IS a specific controller warranty).

Not to mention that I assume they're figuring in the fact that most people who open up controllers are then going to add rapidfire mods so that they can cheat online, and therefore they feel like selling screws would be supporting modders.

Ayx
07-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I doubt that's the case (regarding supporting modders) because I've done some aesthetic customization and my screws never had a real problem other than the controllers that had screws from like... 06 or something. Microsoft doesn't support selling screws because they want you to buy THEIR controllers, not giving the freedom for the consumers to make their own because it costs almost double the money to buy a name brand 360 controller in retail stores (not second hand/online) then to make one the way YOU like it.

Just business.

Blood XIII
07-03-2012, 04:36 PM
I doubt that's the case (regarding supporting modders) because I've done some aesthetic customization and my screws never had a real problem other than the controllers that had screws from like... 06 or something. Microsoft doesn't support selling screws because they want you to buy THEIR controllers, not giving the freedom for the consumers to make their own because it costs almost double the money to buy a name brand 360 controller in retail stores (not second hand/online) then to make one the way YOU like it.

Just business.

That probably has alot to do with it as well.

Twisted Renegad
07-03-2012, 11:36 PM
tried radio shack? my store carries the actual copper shins for repairing 360/ps3's and cut to match the size of the cpu/gou with some logo from japan on it. So you might get lucky, just call and ask they might.

DragonsGoMOO
07-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Buy cheap controller or broken controllers, take screws, toss rest in "just in case" bin.

Joel78
07-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Or play a difficult game, get frustrated, throw controller at something, destroy said controller and you have some spare screws ;)

bapae
07-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Take a screw you already have to a hardware store they can most likely match it for you (Might have different head but same length and threads).