PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail blocked - advice on migration to new Live ID

SpleenVent
07-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Ok, tried to sign into hotmail today, only to find my account has been temporarily suspended, now the backup email address I used for this account is no longer active, meaning I can't receive an unlock code, however I can still sign into XBL ok.

Thinking of ditching the old Hotmail account (which I don't use for mail, only XBL) and migrating to a new Live ID, any possible problems from doing this or is it a straightforward process?

Thought I'd seek a bit of advice here before I took the plunge as I don't fancy being locked out of my gamertag/XBL!

mrj3d
07-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Well tbh, the experience I've had with windows Live ID is a major pain in the ass. There is a way on the site that you can remove the link from your email address, but it would always come up with an error for me. Best advice I can give you is to use @XboxSupport on twitter for help. They're always really good for helping out.

Tsaako
07-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I had my email blocked aswell yesterday but I managed to sort it out because my back up email was active. I haven't the slightest of clue why it happened. I often used it here and there and don't ever remember having an issue with it.