PDA

View Full Version : Wired vs Wireless Controller. Which do you pefer?

xI WARFARE
07-05-2012, 08:21 AM
I personally prefer the wired controller. Here's why:

1) No recharging. Ever.
2) They're cheaper to buy.
3) You don't disconnect the controller when you hit it against something by mistake.
4) Lighter.
5) I find that wired controllers have lasted longer than wireless ones.
6) You don't have to synch them.
7) They don't disconnect over time, so you can boost a game over night if you don't have another 20 for a plug and charge kit.

However some things I don't like about them are that limited edition designs often don't come in wired, the cables can get tangled and they can be annoying to plug in (Especially with my Slim)

Also every now and then when you get up out of your chair, you have your foot on the cable and when you stand up it launches the controller out of your hands and smashes it into the ground. Has anyone else done this? :P

Disclaimer: Sorry if there is already a thread on this, my search function doesn't work.

Burnout x360a
07-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Wireless for sure.

-Rechargable batteries fo' life
-Quite light
-No stupid wires to step on or accidentally pull

Accidentally hit wired in the vote, lol.

Sarsage
07-05-2012, 09:15 AM
I prefer wireless but I accidentally voted for wired :p I'm not a fan of an ugly wire running across my room.

LankstaTDOT
07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Atm I use both of my wireless controllers with charger cables (http://www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_24510_1.jpg).

Also, one of my wired controllers stopped functioning recently and I don't really use my other 2 wired controllers much.

iBuzz7S
07-05-2012, 09:41 AM
I prefer wired. It's lighter and it can be plugged straight into the PC and used with many games.

No worries for batteries, no worries for recharging. And there's less chance of you throwing the controller when you get mad.

hydrosugar
07-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Wireless for sure.

-Quite light

Accidentally hit wired in the vote, lol.

All of the above. If you keep buying new batteries for it your doing it wrong. Rechargables last for ages, so it's not really that big a problem to power them. And it just feels good to sit anywhere holding your controller, without worrying about pesky wires. Wireless controllers represent progress, that I personally welcome.

Jamski
07-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Gotta be wireless. I like the extra weight, lets face it if your wrists can't stand the weight you have a problem! :P

I bought an Energizer 1 hour recharger, came with 4AA's for 15. I always have a spare set and the other only take 1 hour to fully charge, simply brilliant! I also play with the keyboard thingy attached. I like the balance it gives the controller and feels even better to hold. :)

CHIRUNO99
07-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Wired, I sit right in front of my screen so I don't need a wireless pad. That and the wired pad works on the PC right away instead of cashing out for a receiver.

Burnout x360a
07-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Gotta be wireless. I like the extra weight, lets face it if your wrists can't stand the weight you have a problem! :P

I bought an Energizer 1 hour recharger, came with 4AA's for 15. I always have a spare set and the other only take 1 hour to fully charge, simply brilliant! I also play with the keyboard thingy attached. I like the balance it gives the controller and feels even better to hold. :)

I got a Energizer 1 hour charger too a couple years back, hasn't put a foot wrong! Would definitely reccommend it to anyone.

Also, agree with you on the weight, it really isn't that much and besides it feels like i'm not holding a cheap toy then ;)

Skorpion XBA
07-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I use both. The wired controllers last longer and I don't have to worry about batteries. The wireless ones don't leave trails for my dog rip out or my wife to trip over. Both have their pros and cons therefore I use both.

CHIRUNO99
07-05-2012, 11:05 AM
If you have a wireless pad you should get USB Rechargeable Batteries (Ebay/Amazon it). You can charge them from the console if you take the faceplate off and then just watch a DVD on it or something, as long as you don't need to use the pad. They're more convenient.

Or on your PC if you have space.

Mantle
07-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Wireless with plug n' charge.

Dav13s
07-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Wireless with a plug n charge kit ftw.

Mister Spraggsy
07-05-2012, 12:01 PM
I got fedup with wireless controllers because the battery pack would stop charging or the charging station thing would stop working. So I've been using a wired controller for the last 3 years without a problem. Also I play a few PC games and in rubbish with a mouse and keyboard so wired controllers just suits me better all round.

mrj3d
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Wireless. I use eneloop rechargeable batteries with them and never had a problem. Plus I have little kids running around.... wire trailing across the room + little kids running = ER.

Steelstick
07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I don't care. As long as they play nice

Kieran69
07-05-2012, 12:15 PM
I personally use a wireless but always have it plugged in with my plug-n-play, so I guess it might as well be considered wired. :P I enjoy the fact that it doesn't die randomly, or if I drop it it won't disconnect it.

Barad
07-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Wireless with the charge kit..funny enough my play and charge kit finaly broke down after a good 4 years of use, so need to get a new one.

cjdavies
07-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Wireless:
* Can sit further back
* Wired in my case they seem to wrap in a loops over time
* I charge the battery while on my laptop using the USB

xXxDave69prxXx
07-05-2012, 01:30 PM
i got bouth of them when batterie is lowww well i put it in the charged and plug in my Wired Controller but i like the bouth :)

THE DEADLY DOG
07-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Love the freedom of a wireless, and if you have a good battery charger for it then you can get a ton of hours out of one use.

ChickinOnaChain
07-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I have a wireless but I prefer a wired one. There's no batteries to go down with wired ones.

Scorp1on
07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Love the freedom of a wireless, and if you have a good battery charger for it then you can get a ton of hours out of one use.

I've also had the problem of a short in the wired from when the cords get wrapped up. Would have to hold it awkwardly to be connected or was charging a battery.

xXxDave69prxXx
07-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Problem with the Wired Controller if u area Gamer who get really Mad Playing Games or frustraded for some Reason and u Pull the controller mannnnnnnn ur Console gonna Whipe Out,one of the Reason of Wired Controller,my Opinion :)

StayonTarget
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Wireless. With 4 rechargeable batteries at the ready, I'm set. I don't want to deal with wires. Even with the original xbox I got some MadCatz wireless controllers.

xVivaLaGrant
07-05-2012, 06:39 PM
My reason why I choose wireless..

So one day I was gaming as you do.. Got called by someone downstairs with a wired controller in my had. Didn't think and pulled away with the controller.. this meant I yanked the xbox along the floor..
Lets just say crackdown 1 died... Oh well I took it back and got another one.

I know... what a tool! haha

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I use wireless....Though with my Turtle Beach's 1000 wires, it is self defeating (Though the cords on my headset are considerably longer than a wired controller).

Rep
07-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Wireless for me. The rechargeable batteries are great since I can charge one controller while using the other.

yourbreakfast99
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
wireless fo shaw.

they are lighter, more comfortable, look better, and dont have a wire

Starkweather
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Wireless especially the newer ones with a nicer d-pad etc. play and charge is a must too.

I would be fine with wired but i sit quite far from my console so its not that handy anymore.

Spanish Assault
07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
My brother played in Halo tournaments and all the players their swear by wired controllers. They say it gives you a faster response. They also all use the small PC monitors to play. I preferred wired, but my wired one is broken now. :(

1 up
07-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Wireless for sure.

-Quite light

this dudes got it covered for me.

but i like the wired because you can plug it in to your pc. but i don't pc game cuz my computer is a piece of junk.

but overall i prefer the wireless.

Spock
07-05-2012, 10:05 PM
I prefer the wireless controllers mostly because it seems you can't get the cool decals for specific games and whatnot in wireless form. I've also got a recharge station, so I just set my controller on it when I'm done playing and it's ready to go when I want to play again.

DengelBerry
07-05-2012, 10:13 PM
There's pros and cons for both, freedom but have to recharge or limited distance but dont have to worry about batteries. wired are cheaper, but wireless you can always add a play and charge and make it both. I have both, and i use both. as long as there first party i dont care.

The Produca
07-05-2012, 10:29 PM
I have a charging stand for my wireless controllers so I don't have a million cables running across the floor.

fastNcurious
07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
If you play any competitive multplayer, wired is the way to go. There is noticeable time lag no matter how fresh your batteries are, how close to the console you are.

And if you don't notice the lag, then your eyes aren't fast enough. :D

bapae
07-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Wireless...

1. They don't shut off
2. Batteries don't die because they don't have any.
3. Faster button response.

I have a charging stand for my wireless controllers so I don't have a million cables running across the floor. Wow that's a lot of controllers hooked to one Xbox.

bigbear2face
07-05-2012, 11:41 PM
I find that I can't play with wired controllers anymore...They bother the hell out of me. Since I got my recharging station I barely ever even use my charger cord.

I find all this odd since I spent like 20 years gaming in a world where wireless controllers didn't even exist.

Singing Wolf xx
07-06-2012, 12:05 AM
I prefer the wireless controller i have good battery charger and rechargable batteries so if one pair dies i just pop in new ones and put the others on the charger. And i can move without a cord that rips out if i move to far.

Darth Swifty
07-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Depends on what I am playing.

For an actual controller I prefer Wireless, with the play n charge kit.

For Rock Band/Guitar Hero I prefer Wired Instruments.

runswithscissors
07-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Wireless, I hate cables trailing across the room, I trip over them, get tangled. I have to be extra careful when I'm charging it (and me... careful... haha)

Nemy
07-06-2012, 06:44 AM
I prefer wireless controller so far when I play normally BUT, I bought a wired one as second controller incase I don't have battery(Who knows?) but also about boosting without have to worry to get it disconnected when you're idle. :)

I mak3 big boom
07-06-2012, 07:36 AM
wireless fo shaw.

they are lighter,

No they aren't:confused:

I prefer wired because I'm rubbish with a mouse and keyboard on PC games and the controller feels better in my hands.

H2O
07-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Got a wired one for playing skyrim on my PC & a wireless with charging cable for the 360.

Prefer the wireless due to the extra weight & no cables for people to trip over.

The Sea Trout
07-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Team wireless FTW!!

Broodjekipkorn
07-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Wireless. I just think they look better, without those awefull wires all over the floor. Besides, I used to fall over them with my Playstation 2, and now I have some kids around the house. When they don't see the wire and walk straight into it, or the kid will fall and hurt himself, or the controller will fall and will be damaged or the console falls and will be damaged. I just hate wires....

DecadentBeaver
07-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Wireless all the way. First time I used a wireless pad, it was weird. Not tripping over a cable was a joy. I have a play and charge kit so that's a bonus. Shame the battery is almost dead. So spends a lot of time charging now.

zarda1
07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
It's nice to have an extra wired controller around in case you need one but I hate the wire hanging around, my dog trips over it! My wireless batteries last 40+ hours and I'm slighty OCD and I think the wireless controller keeps your space looking cleaner. I had the problem with old batteries disconnecting but I upgraded and the new ones fit much better and I haven't had that problem at all since then.

Samigi
07-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Wireless just because I have lifetime rechargeable batteries and nobody trips over any wires.

niko da bos
07-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Also every now and then when you get up out of your chair, you have your foot on the cable and when you stand up it launches the controller out of your hands and smashes it into the ground. Has anyone else done this? :P
Disclaimer: Sorry if there is already a thread on this, my search function doesn't work.

EDIT: i just saw the disclaimer after replying to the quote and posting it in gray lmao

lol i do it a whole bunch, especially since i use a turtle beach so that asshole has wires going all over my floor. i have that new chrome controller, i already dropped it once because of the stupid turtle beach wires and i was like 'NOoooooooo."

some of the point you made are actually pretty solid, usually when i weigh them out in my mind wireless wins by a landslide. now that im thinking about it i do go thru a ton of batteries, syncing the controllers i never had a problem with. i guess because i used to play local with friends a LOT, so i can sync 4 controllers in like 15 seconds.

oddly enough, the price difference is laughable. i remember the last time i debated buying one or the other, and its like a 5$ difference. why not just pay the extra little money for wireless?

Tsaako
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Wireless, always preferred it.

CaLL Me Shaq x
07-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I have to use wireless, a wired one just doesnt seem right to me

HellspawnRei
07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Wireless with a plug n charge kit,so you can say i use both.

xI WARFARE
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
oddly enough, the price difference is laughable. i remember the last time i debated buying one or the other, and its like a 5$ difference. why not just pay the extra little money for wireless?

Wired controller on Amazon: 19.99

Wireless controller on Amazon: 24.99

Play and Charge Kit on Amazon: 12.99

So you see a Wireless controller with a Play and Charge kit is nearly double the price of a Wired controller.

Also the little extra money if I didn't buy the add on could go on an Arcade Game :P

Orangelight
07-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Wireless I hate wire's they get in the way

Spade.
07-07-2012, 01:58 AM
I use wireless, but my battery packs are crap, so the slightest tap will disconnect them. So I'd prefer wired atm.

Watuzzi44
07-07-2012, 02:39 AM
wireless fo sho!

Vindicator51
07-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Wireless any day. The only reason i have a wired one is for boosting some games.

pacmon
07-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Absolutely wireless - 100%. I just have two batteries I swap in/out of my controller. When one runs out I swap the new one in and start recharging the old one. It takes me all of about 10 seconds. I have no problems with syncing them. They stay synced. No coords = win (I already have WAY too many).

TVthePunisher
07-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Wired, as I never have to constantly turn it on. I use a wired controller for my PC and a wireless with play and charge kit for my 360. Always have the kit plugged into the controller though, never make it wireless.

jules the great
07-07-2012, 06:49 PM
I have three active xbox 360s in my house and i also have my favorite (MW3 ed.) controller. So if I need to move to another xbox its very convenient to do so.

kpsanimefan
07-07-2012, 07:09 PM
I like wired controllers because you don't need to buy batteries or recharge it and because you know right away that your connected

colt415
07-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Wireless because no one would step or pull it.

GrimSovereignty
07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Wireless...I hate having wires going everywhere and I just prefer grabbing a controller and just playing, yet buying batteries is a bother...probably need to get one of those charge and play kits.

muzykalscorpio
07-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Wireless with Plug & Charge Kit.

Wired takes away the option / choice to go Wireless whenever I want.

Plug & Charge Kit has basically saved me any battery expenses for about two / three years now.

But that's not exactly what you asked...? ...

Either way, the option to go wireless is key / priority. I play with my controllers attached / charging, though.

the real a 0bsolete
07-08-2012, 12:26 AM
wireless annoy me because of all the money you spend on batteries. or stupid play & charges that just break

dvdubb
07-08-2012, 12:55 AM
wireless....don't like the wires everywhere...still have both and sometimes used the wired to get certain achievements so the controller doesn't turn off (i.e. flying for xxxMiles in Superman)

HTownBoi
07-08-2012, 12:58 AM
I prefer wireless, but with the play and charge kit, it ends up being plugged in anyways.

xI WARFARE
07-08-2012, 10:31 AM
A lot of people seem to hate wires. Why is that? I suppose it's if you have kids/dogs or if you have your xbox in the middle of the room. Mine's right in the corner so I don't have to worry about tripping up.

FFFreak1129
07-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I can't decide

I like wireless because you can move around freely and don't have to worry about accidentaly unplugging the controller.

I liked wired because you don't have to worry about the battery dying when you are in the middle of a fight. Most games are good with that and will pause the game if that happens, but if you're playing a game like Dark Souls it won't do that and you will die before you can change it.

Another reason I like wired is because when I watch Netflix and am talking to someone it won't die since I'm not pressing buttons.

Skeetacus
07-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Wireless definitely. Batteries were a problem until like a year ago when i decided to shell out a few bucks for the charging dock.

Then there's the most obvious reason to ever want a wireless controller ever... It's a pain in the ass to hurl a controller across the room in frustration when it's connected to the xbox... :p

Chaz Of Sparta
07-09-2012, 07:20 PM

1) No recharging. Ever.
3) You don't disconnect the controller when you hit it against something by mistake.
4) Lighter.
7) They don't disconnect over time, so you can boost a game over night if you don't have another 20 for a plug and charge kit.

However some things I don't like about them are that limited edition designs often don't come in wired, the cables can get tangled and they can be annoying to plug in (Especially with my Slim)

I agree, I've only ever had wireless controllers and really want a wired one, I hate constantly having to get new batteries when the ones I'm using run out.

SmorepionKid
07-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Wireless.
Bought a wired controller to save money on bateries and 2 months later the wire snapped in half.

mattesty
07-09-2012, 08:06 PM
I like wireless for sure. I usually trip on wires and such.

I PURExELITE I
07-10-2012, 02:51 AM
I like wireless. hate when i play and someone trips on the wire =/

SpectreSoldier
07-10-2012, 03:22 AM
I can't decide because I don't see a real big difference.

Inebriated Jedi
07-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Wireless. It's way more convenient for me.

Jamski
07-10-2012, 08:35 AM
For those complaining about batteries, get yourselves one of these!!

Energizer 1Hour Battery Charger Fast-charging Accu with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

20, no buying new batteries, and they seem to last longer than normall AA's too. :) Win Win!

f1zz9i9
07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
wireless all the way!

Vindicator51
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Wireless. It's way more convenient for me.

That's a pretty neat signature.

On topic: Wireless is much more convenient for me, and i only use the recharge cable whenever they run low.

My Xbox got damaged because a wired controller was pulled.

Joel78
07-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Wireless for me. Easier to throw through the window when I am getting frustrated.

HaZard2K8
07-11-2012, 03:37 AM
Wireless with play and charge kit so you have options.

ImALiLZoMbIE
07-11-2012, 07:18 AM
i prefer wireless controller with play and charge kit, no extra cost of batteries and you can still play wireless.

CaRo
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I personally have to have a wireless controller. Cant deal with the cords, the less mess the better for me.

Kairi
07-11-2012, 03:08 PM
I prefer having wireless controllers. I have quite a few wires in my room to begin with and don't need to have more with wired controllers lol

Gackt
07-11-2012, 03:11 PM
I prefer wired over wireless.

* Clueless *
07-11-2012, 03:59 PM
I prefer having wireless controllers. I have quite a few wires in my room to begin with and don't need to have more with wired controllers lol

@Kairi Agreed ;)
Plus I like the ability to put it in a sweatshirt or under a blanket when my fingers get cold :eek::p

I prefer wired over wireless.

@Gackt I'm curious, Why? :)
:confused:->Got me thinking if M$ makes wired.
I had that plug/charge and play rechargable battery kit until the batteries stopped recharging, I guess that was like a 'wired controller'
It was optimal for those all-nighter rubberband button achievements! :D

SmarmySmurf
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Got a wired controller so I could use it on PC too (even though I never do) and I never looked back. I can't be bothered charging a controller, wires have never got in my way on any console before this gen, and still don't. I use an ethernet cable too! :blunt

sleepydumbdude
07-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Wireless. I have 2 wired ones though andI don't know if its the way the controllers are or if its because I need to use them more but the dpad is really stiff on them.

My wireless are plugged into the play and charge a lot because those batteries suck and I'm too lazy to contsantly mess with my putting my energizers into its recharge pack.

adamrulz
07-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Wired for sure. I use it when hiring a driver in F3 (controller disconnects and pauses), and I don't have to change batteries. I'm only 5 feet from the TV, so no need for wireless. For the GH guitars and whatnot, I got an energizer recharge kit with batteries and an extra set of batteries (4 total) for like $12 on sale at kinkos. What a difference...I still hate worrying about battery life when boosting online with friends and whatnot.
Plus a new controller is at least $10 cheaper than wireless, so you could buy 5 (if you needed) for the price of 4 wireless if you have anger issues.

Ramen Smuggler
07-12-2012, 01:35 AM
wireless for me definitely. i like being able to chill back in any position, doing w/e. if i gotta button mash for something ill take the controller upstairs lol. only complaint is battery life, but rechargeable batteries solve that issue pretty well :]

BombToChest
07-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I use wireless just because my xbox is in a weird place so a cord would not be good. If i could i would use a wired just because it has a faster response rate then the wireless one. Also if you play alot of online like i do you notice the difference.

ADAMS No2
07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Untill a few months ago I would of said wireless but I bought a play and charge kit and the wire no longer bothers me and no more battery changing.

CODMW2DUDE
07-12-2012, 05:09 PM
I like the wireless i used a wired one for so long so when i got a wireless on it was so much better even though i have to change the batteries so often.

mastrchief33
07-13-2012, 12:05 AM
I sit pretty close to my TV when I play so I just use a wired. I have never noticed a difference between them so for me it comes down to one thing...I can't stand wasting batteries.

Thee Elf
07-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Definitely wireless. With dogs and my kids running around, no more having to worry about them trip over cords plugs directly into the xbox and pulling it down. Plus rechargeable batteries plus plug and play if need be.

MrGrinch33
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Wireless. Of course.

Iceskater101
07-14-2012, 10:37 PM
I use Wireless. It depends though. Sometimes I will use a wired controller if I am playing multiplayer so that my controller doesn't cut out. Or if I am too lazy to get new batteries. Other than that I use wireless.

LilRed563
07-15-2012, 04:39 AM
they both have ups and downs i like wireless but i always seem to be runinng out of batteries

VitaminAmy
07-15-2012, 03:00 PM
I prefer wireless. I like to get comfy in my chair and hate having wires get caught up in my feet or other things. Plus way easier storage.

SSC MrNice
07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Wired one for sure. The slightly lower weight and the missing battery pack at the back just make wired controllers a lot more comfortable to me

warrenpaul
07-15-2012, 10:18 PM
I have wireless but do want a wired, hate seening those flashing lights lol

InsulinShaman
07-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Wireless

With a decent battery charger and at least four rechargable batteries, I don't see why that isn't the obvious choice.When one pair is low on juice charge them then put the spare pair in.

Unlimited powered!

Royalty
07-16-2012, 07:14 AM
Wired controller with a pretty long USB cable thingy that extends it.. so I can play while resting on the comfy bed

kutpurse
07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Wireless. If ur worried about batteries then get some energizer ultimate lithium.

sicklyplague
07-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Wireless for me, my 360 came with 2 of them and i use rechargeable ones so i always have a back up.

YoujiYamamoto
07-16-2012, 05:52 PM

1) No recharging. Ever.
4) Lighter.

Yerp!!!!! I do it all the time. Bit annoying isn't it :)

vastcord
07-16-2012, 07:09 PM
I say wireless all the way and here's why.
You aren't confined to a certain space,
you can connect a chord to charge while playing
and it's easy to throw your controller when you get mad.

CONKER1182
07-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Wired and the play and charge cable is long enough.

HugTheBear
07-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Wireless. Wires don't work for me. I have a dog that is a bit insane. Plus I leave the controller on the table next to where I game, so the wires would always be out & in the way.

captainzombie
07-17-2012, 08:14 PM
I did like the wired controller for how light it is, but wireless is the way to go.

Vistaful Halo
07-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Wired. Though my "wired" is the wireless using a play and charge kit so I get the best of both.

Nuclear Punch
07-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Wireless with rechargable bateries.

Vindicator51
07-18-2012, 12:04 AM
I just hope that people don't use their Play & Charge kit all the time. That would be the same as constantly recharging your laptop.

Whispin627
07-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Wireless. My OCD can't handle the wires and length restrictions on where to sit. And my dog deems wire chewing a new sport. True story.

tmnterminator
07-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Wireless with rechargable bateries.

Yep me too. Got 2 remotes so when one dies, I just pop it in the recharger and grab the other. Sometimes there will be a second or two of panic if I'm in the middle of multiplayer or something, but overall I love it.

LawlCake1214
07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Wireless, by far. I've just always liked the fact that I don't have a cord connecting my controller to my console.

STRIDERLGN
07-19-2012, 01:03 AM
i even bought a pc wireless gaming receiver so i can play with the controller on the pc wireless-ly
<3 wireless

KnucklesV6
07-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Wireless for me but it is annoying when my batteries die out during a boosting session.

Iximous
07-22-2012, 01:10 AM
I prefer the wired control as long as you sit up and keep the wire free it is so much better than a wireless one in my opinion.

also there is no need to buy several batteries and charger packs which never last, they always break within the year usually a few months.

also if you are spamming exp you don't have to worry about a controller disconnected warning interrupting the process while you do something else e.g sleep or watch t.v.

napoearth
07-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Definitely wireless. I accidentally pulled wires out way more that I disconnect for bumping the controller.

Wandering Fist
07-22-2012, 02:43 AM
I always use wireless. Wired controllers are look messy and get in the way. 4 play local gaming with wired pads are my actual gaming nightmare. It's the OCD in me.

Wint3rGr33n
08-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Wireless- the only down side is having to change battery packs and making sure you have a charged one ready. When I had wired controllers i would trip over the cord and send my game system flying out of my entertainment center.

PsykoPain
08-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Wireless for me except for the races in forza 2,3,4 where you hire a driver then wired and watch some tv.

caseygriffith3
08-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Wireless for me without a doubt only flaw would be changing battery packs which aint too bih of a deal or the batteries. I think its a less of a hassel especially when your little bros an sisters or family members kids are tripping over your wire causing you to lose or something

Shaman
08-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Wireless for me

Groat Hardstroke
08-09-2012, 07:53 AM
I notice no lag or difference.... so honestly any one that works is fine.

wariowarrior
08-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Even with the hassle of charging/batteries I still prefer wireless. I actually prefer the micro usb charging you get with the PS3. Best way to do it

TF Revenge
08-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Wireless for me. Feels more balanced in terms of weighting.

NovavoidDragon
08-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Wireless ftw. I have a habit of taking my controller with me when I walk away from the 360 for a snack or something and I play in a small room with people walking in front of me alot making it extremely annoying when they get unplugged. Wireless' additional weight feels more comfortable as well. I also had alot of problems with wires getting ruined then making the whole controller worthless.

uhwR
08-12-2012, 11:40 PM
I personally like the wireless ones. Cant stand that silly wire running from my controller to my Xbox. More likely to pull it out or trip over it. Dont really have to worry about batteries because like everyone else, I use the rechargable ones!

rawool
08-13-2012, 04:01 PM
As an avid PC gamer when I first started using the Xbox 360, I was always against anything wireless; I felt somehow there could be latency issues. Although, after using the wireless controllers, I haven't had an issue with them. It is a inconvenience having to recharge batteries, though.

Major Rawne
08-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Wireless all the way....

I have my remote with keypad that I use mainly.... I also have 2 spare wireless remote batteries which sit in my 2 spare remotes on charge while I play.

So I never run out of power and I must admit I bought a battery charge kit (Not Official)...Best value for money ever...Batteries last for yonks.

Kunduz
08-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Wired, since no need for batteries. You can also easily switch it to a PC just plug it in the USB port.

Konker
08-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Wired.
No need for batteries
No batteries = no extra expenses

LEBAGGO
08-13-2012, 10:31 PM
wireless for me, no wires to trip over and charges while on pc or watching tv

Shizzle
08-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Wireless forever!

metall2ica
08-14-2012, 07:20 PM
I prefer a wireless one for just general casual gaming but a wired one for playing halo, the difference in lag is definitely noticeable,

volcanogirl73
08-18-2012, 09:09 PM
I like my wireless controllers however there have been times I wish I had a wired one to use with my PC XBox games.

Der Fuhrer
08-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Wired controllers for sure, so much lighter and great for idle boosting games. Plus I cannot lose the battery packs like I do with wired controllers. Plus my wired controller allows me to actually play PC games since I absolutely cannot stand using the mouse and keyboard.

njdevils17
08-19-2012, 03:17 AM
I prefer the wired because I can plug them into my computer and play emulators or PC games with it.

Spawndex
08-19-2012, 04:40 AM
Both! Wireless with the recharge pack plugged into it.

No real reason why, just habit I guess.

EvilToothpick
08-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Has to be wireless. With a play and charge kit for if I don't want it to shut off, and I have a stand which charges a few spare battery packs just in case.

My headset already has 1 too many cables, so adding a controller cable in there too? Ick.

i got squeezed
08-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Both. I love wired when I'm playing offline games, and use a wireless and a turtle beach when I'm in parties and playing multiplayer.

Wiggur
09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
I use a wired because I don't feel like buying new batterys all the time, and I don't want to spend another 15 - 20 on rechargebble ones.

Bramflakes
09-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Wired because it can be plugged into the pc as well.

Neme6ben
09-12-2012, 11:46 AM
wireless for me since I have a wired headset, it would be too much if both were wired

jacobite
09-13-2012, 10:11 AM

Im still using the white wired controller that came with my long dead xbox, its plugged into my PC atm (another plus for wired controllers is they can be used on your pc) its beat up and the wires got caught a few times in the door almost cutting it in two but its still going strong.

However, I had to pick wireless nothing easier or better than wireless for xbox

Rasputini
09-24-2012, 11:47 PM
I have wireless, but I'd like to get a wired. I find my battery packs can barely hold a charge anymore, so it's left plugged in most of the time anyway. Also, I'd like the option of plugging it into my computer.

McGoogles
09-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Wireless:

One more available USB slot for use
Rechargeable batteries
No wires (my Turtle Beaches have enough of them)
Lighter weight

Delow317
09-25-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't see any cons about being wireless. I own 2 controllers, 4 official rechargable battery packs and the official Quick Charge Kit. Nothing beats having a fully charged battery ready to be swapped in when the old one is depleted.

I honestly have no idea why anyone would choose to be tethered to the console as opposed to wireless. Especially when there is no lag or latency either way. I tell this to my friend who actually prefers the Play n' Charge kit to the Quick Charge... I'll never understand his logic since the quick charge does 2 batteries in 4 hours and one in 2 hours while the play n' charge can take 6 to 8 hours to charge just one pack while being tethered down to the console. :confused:

iBuzz7S
09-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Well I bought myself a wired controller a few weeks back and I love it!

Lighter than wireless controller
No recharging batteries
No worrying about battery dying mid-game
More comfortable in hands
Plug and play for PC

wildman1286
09-25-2012, 01:58 AM
wireless all the way! no wires, and I have a stack of rechargeable batteries. one of these days i'll get a play and charge kit, but i'm very content right now.

LockonStratos
09-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Going with wireless here. I look after my things very carefully but I've always found that the wired controllers are far to fragile and any and all I've owned have broken after few uses.

CyberPunch83
09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
I side with wireless. Yes you have to worry about batteries, but the way my house is laid out, I can shove the controller in my pocket, walk into the kitchen, make a sandwich and am still able to see and use my xbox. It really doesn't get any better. Wireless all the way. We developed that technology for a reason; use it.

AeroSpartacus
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I prefer wireless personally, but I have 2 of each plus a play n' charge for my wireless controllers. I was lucky enough to have a friend who was selling his Xbox around the time I was getting one, so he gave me 3 of his 4 controllers. One of the wired ones is a GameStop one I never really use, but the other one is the awesome looking Tron controller.

Carrion
09-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Wired. I don't sit that far from my console and I hate having to change batteries due to the headset sucking up power.

Ropedawg
09-25-2012, 05:21 PM
I definitely prefer wireless with a young child wandering around the room, the fewer cords stretched out for her to trip on/grab and pull on the better.

Iceskater101
09-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Wireless is awesome because there is no tangling with the cord, but I hate when you are playing an online game and your controller goes dead and by the time you get batteries you have been killed at least 5 or 6 times..
I do prefer wireless though.

Qbert17
09-26-2012, 01:37 AM
I like not having a cord, but nothing else about the wireless.

yourbreakfast99
09-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Still a fan of wireless

OChem81
09-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Definitely wireless.

Optomistic
09-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Wireless. No cable mess.
Plus the controller ain't at all heavy with a battery pack.

JoshEtto
09-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Wireless controllers all the way.

No messy wires to trip on.

HumanDestroyer
09-26-2012, 12:58 PM
wireless, i can't sit close enough to my 55INCH t.v to use wired.

Akuza
09-26-2012, 02:49 PM
I prefer wireless - but having to charge them is a pain...

So I do have a wired one too, just for when my wireless one is charging!

amacteur
09-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Wireless with the plug n charge stuff :)

RuYi
09-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Though I hope I'll never be forced to get a wireless keyboard and mouse, I wouldn't really want to go back to wired controllers.

I always felt they were a little messy, not to mention, several times when I was playing a horrorgame, I threw away the controller with the console still attached to it. Granted, the wired controllers don't die all of a sudden, but I always have a clip with fully charged batteries at stand by, so when it happens, I'm back in the game mere seconds later.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the BEST thing about wireless gaming if you live in a cold country. You can wrap yourself into blankets like a human burrito and still be able to play without any cables getting in the way. OvO

GamerKing97
09-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Wireless. Just get a charge station. I use the Chargebase 360 S and it's great. Only charges 2 controllers, but I only have 2. :P

I can't wait until controllers (and wireless headsets) don't use battery/need to be charged at all. Only in a perfect world...

xMIKEYMOUSEx
09-26-2012, 07:43 PM
I despise wireless for the times I've been playing online and it runs out of charge!! Ruins my (virtual) life!

But wires getting tangled constantly drives me insane, so I just go for the wireless with plug and play set up.

My plug and play kit has a usb adapter so I just plug it into my laptop and the wires don't tangle with anything. :)

Voted wireless though, since that's what I actually use.

DxxxRules
09-26-2012, 10:59 PM
All of the above. If you keep buying new batteries for it your doing it wrong. Rechargables last for ages, so it's not really that big a problem to power them. And it just feels good to sit anywhere holding your controller, without worrying about pesky wires. Wireless controllers represent progress, that I personally welcome.

Ya, I use rechargeable batteries, and love screwing with my friends by leaving the room secretly with the wireless controller haha

pedgz
09-27-2012, 01:31 AM
started playing xbox 360 wireless. has never changed except when i first played street fighter 4 with the madcatz fightpad. overall, 97% wireless.

Shiftie
09-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Wireless..mainly because they're lighter and the stupid cord gets in the way of my man-hands. They're also easier to throw long distances, although wired controllers you allow you to change your mind and grab the cord to stop it after you throw the controller.

King_Designs
09-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Its a hard one but i'd have to go with Wired, i always had Wireless in the past but about a year ago i purchased two new wireless controllers and within 4-5 months they failed to charge (i'd barely used them).

Maybe it was a faulty batch or i was just unlucky but since then i've purchased one wired controller and haven't used anything else since.

Captain Chao5
10-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Wireless for me...with rechargeable batteries.

master_shake_350
10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Wireless, with rechargeable batteries. I have cats and one likes to play with the wired cable when I play.

banej
10-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Definitely wired. Been using them since day 1.

No maintenance
Cheaper
Lighter

Mr RubeusHagrid
10-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I prefer wireless. You have more freedom! I can play halo reach whilst on the toilet. :woop:

Goob X360a
10-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Wireless all day. You may have to pay a little more but if you have kids running around you have the chance of them ripping the system down. Mobility also.

THE DEADLY DOG
10-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Oh the glory of wireless.

newbsicle
10-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I prefer wired. It's lighter and it can be plugged straight into the PC and used with many games.

No worries for batteries, no worries for recharging. And there's less chance of you throwing the controller when you get mad.

This is exactly what I was going to say. "They're significantly lighter and if you want to connect it to your pc you don't have to drop $40.00 for a wireless dongle"

nighthawk82
10-03-2012, 05:56 PM
i prefer wireless!

Grease10
10-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I have never used a wired controller and am surprised to see how many people prefer those. The only thing I used wired is my headset and that is because of the interference with the wireless ones (and cost.) I can handle my controller being a little heavier just to keep from having cords to trip over.

Discofrog
10-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Wireless, it's nice to not have to be "tied" to the console.

YorkusRex
10-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Wireless controllers: because I can't get enough range from rage-throwing a controller tethered to my console.

That said, I prefer wired headsets because only an immature child would throw their headset.

Negative Creep
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Wireless without a doubt. I prefer the extra weight the batteries give it, and if you buy rechargeable there's no cost issue. Plus there are no wires to trip up on, which I did with impressive regularity.