PDA

View Full Version : Arcade games/Elite console??

Pikey360
09-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Just got an Elite, recovered my gamertag onto the new HDD, but my arcade games are gone. Anyone else had this problem? And what can I do to get them back? Are they all stored on my other HD from the normal console.

sln333
09-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I thought you were supposed to be able to re-download them free of charge so I don't know. Good job on getting your gamertag back though.

Oldeez
09-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I thought you were supposed to be able to re-download them free of charge so I don't know. Good job on getting your gamertag back though.

really? i thought that u had to re-buy them...so thats wat i think but im not 100% sure now

Pikey360
09-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Cheers mate, yeah just worked out I can re-download, but the last point of save has gone. Achievements etc are still there, but have to start from the beginning level of each game again.. there's no highscore! Lol.

Unearth4164
09-03-2007, 05:06 PM
There is a transfer kit to bring everything over onto a Elite, not sure where you get it though.

Clipse 2
09-03-2007, 05:12 PM
There is a transfer kit to bring everything over onto a Elite, not sure where you get it though.
MS will send you one I believe, or you can also just get one from someone who bought the 120GB hard drive seperately. However he'd have to have the old hard drive also; lets say someone has to take their console back to BestBuy to be replaced for something, they won't have their original hard drive anymore and therefore have to redownload all their stuff.

Pikey360
09-03-2007, 08:25 PM
MS will send you one I believe, or you can also just get one from someone who bought the 120GB hard drive seperately. However he'd have to have the old hard drive also; lets say someone has to take their console back to BestBuy to be replaced for something, they won't have their original hard drive anymore and therefore have to redownload all their stuff.

Yeah you do need whats called a 'migration lead'.
Been looking at the Xbox support page. Here's the link for all the info & instructions if anyone is getting an Elite.
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration-usingyourelite.htm

james
09-03-2007, 08:47 PM
once you have already downloaded or purchased something on xbox live marketplace it gets saved to your account in 'Download history' so as long as you have a tick next to the item it means that you never have to purchase it again I did the same re-downloading my content to back to my elite

Pez
09-03-2007, 11:13 PM
I used a 64MB memory card to transfer my saves to my elite. All I did was plug in my 20GB hard drive, transfer as many saves as I could to my memory card, once done plugged in the 120GB hard drive, transferred all my saves back over, rinse and repeat.

Only problem I've had is that some game saves don't move to my memory card, and also I'm missing all my arcade game saves. Oh well, I can always start again.

Also, on my 20GB hard drive, when I downloaded an arcade game on my Xbox Live account, any other accounts on that 360 could access them, but now on my 120Gb hard drive, I've re-downloaded all my arcade games, but only my account can access them. Not a disaster, but a disappointment. My little sister loved Marble Blast Ultra.

~SS

james
09-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Yeah that is the same problem I had I did exactly the same thing as you and I put my PDZ save back on my new HDD and I get message saying something like unable to move file which is really stupid