PDA

View Full Version : Riddler and Red Bricks Questions

bLaKgRaVy
07-05-2012, 04:05 PM
I've searched the forum and haven't found any answers...

Note: I've only completed through Level 8 in Story Mode.

1 - I flew to the top of Wayne Tower and defeated Riddler, however, I didn't have enough studs to buy him at the time. So, when I did, I flew back and he was gone. I did this with four other villains (Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Man-Bat and General Zod), and when I went back to purchase them, they were still there. Anyone know of a reason why Riddler isn't there? I obviously can't beat him again since I've already unlocked the Batcomputer at the top of the tower. Help? Is this a glitch?

2 - I used the 15 codes to unlock the Red Bricks and also picked up the x4 stud multiplier (at the Police Station). When I pause in Free Roam, it says I have 16/20 Red Bricks. But when I look at the map on the Batcave Batcomputer, it says I only have 1/20 (I would assume that's the x4 multiplier). Okay, if I use the codes to unlock the Red Bricks, do I still have to unlock them in the game for them to register that I've collected them? In previous Lego games you didn't have to do that. Just wondering.

3 - I have the "Peril Finder" brick activated, but a purple arrow doesn't show up when I'm free roaming. Is one supposed to show up (similar to a red arrow for the Red Brick Finder and a gold arrow for the Gold Brick Finder)? Or does a purple arrow only show up in Story Mode (in that case, when I just did Level 8, a citizen is hanging on a magnetic flag pole [need Cyborg] at the top of Lex's ship, but a purple arrow also didn't show up). What gives?

EDIT - Question #2 was answered in the PS3T.org forum:

If i enter the cheat codes for say 2x studs do i still need to go and find the red brick and purchase it ? Kinda seems redundant to have the codes if you have to still go and purchase them.

Yes you still need to find and buy the red brick and the doors are marked on the map the same way everything else is.

Why did they change that? It wasn't like this for every other Lego game (I don't know about the two Harry Potter's since I never played them). I used the codes for the characters also and you don't have to purchase them. Why the red bricks then? Why the conflicting counters? Stupid if you ask me.

ImaginaryRuins
07-06-2012, 10:52 AM
The Red-Brick-must-be-obtained-to-unlock-achievement setting is already carried out in the two Harry Potter games. I unlocked the stud-multiplier few ones but then I had to get their respective red bricks also

However, if the last red brick is obtained through the normal & legit way, the achievement can still be unlocked in the HP games, so I guess this applies to Lego Batman 2 as well.

bLaKgRaVy
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
The Red-Brick-must-be-obtained-to-unlock-achievement setting is already carried out in the two Harry Potter games. I unlocked the stud-multiplier few ones but then I had to get their respective red bricks also.

However, if the last red brick is obtained through the normal & legit way, the achievement can still be unlocked in the HP games, so I guess this applies to Lego Batman 2 as well.

Thanks. So you mean that the one red brick in HP 1 where there is no cheat code, if you obtain only that one last (after using cheat codes for the others), then you can unlock the achievement? I believe that there are only cheat codes for about 75% the red bricks in HP 2.

I'm going to continue with Batman 2 and only unlock the last 5 red bricks that don't have cheat codes to see if I get the achievement or not. I'll report my findings.

It's weird that they require that for HP 1, then do away with it for Clone Wars (Pirates didn't have red "brick" cheat codes), then pick it up again for HP 2.

Oh, and btw, I already have The Riddler unlocked and purchased. I kept going back to Wayne Tower to see if he was there, then decided to play a level in Free Play to see which characters I'd unlocked. Sure enough, he was there. I must have been thinking about Poison Ivy and Killer Croc, since you need Robin to unlock those after you finish story mode. Sorry for the confusion.

Xerofox
07-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I got the red bricks achievement before actually collecting all red bricks, the last 2 I needed I already cheated with the input codes. My stats said 18/20 but got it anyway, you do need all of them for the 100% because the cheats doesn't count towards the percentage.

bLaKgRaVy
07-06-2012, 05:53 PM
I got the red bricks achievement before actually collecting all red bricks, the last 2 I needed I already cheated with the input codes. My stats said 18/20 but got it anyway, you do need all of them for the 100% because the cheats doesn't count towards the percentage.

I hadn't even thought about the 100% achievement. Thanks for verifying.

Jack Frost
07-06-2012, 06:09 PM
The answer to your third question is that you need to turn the gold brick locator OFF to see the purple arrows for the citizens in peril. Because each rescued citizen gives you a gold brick, they are designated with yellow arrows if the gold brick finder is active.

bLaKgRaVy
07-06-2012, 06:42 PM
The answer to your third question is that you need to turn the gold brick locator OFF to see the purple arrows for the citizens in peril. Because each rescued citizen gives you a gold brick, they are designated with yellow arrows if the gold brick finder is active.

Nice, thanks. I've already gotten all the free roam citizens. Now I'm just missing 10 from the levels. I'll make sure I turn off the Gold Brick Finder when I do them. I just had it on out of habit.