PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Played Co-Op and Gotten Achievements?

DeWare94
07-06-2012, 04:51 PM
So I was playing borderlands and i went to my friends world and got a whole bunch of achievements, like discover a new place when I didnt dicover the ones before it? Would you judge me for my achievements not in order, like i think its weird its like that....... Anybody else have done this, ive gotten a achievement like that in DR 2 Off The Record, but im over it, It happened yesterday, so OPINIONS?

mrj3d
07-06-2012, 11:24 PM
That happened to my wife when she joined my Borderlands game too, she got bombarded by achievements because I was so high level. Can't say either of us really cares.

DeepInfern0
07-06-2012, 11:32 PM
It happens, I'm not very sure why but I suppose no one really complains.

ChickinOnaChain
07-06-2012, 11:39 PM
It's sort like free achievements. I played Fable 2 with a friend and every achievement he got, I got it too. I liked it!

Spock
07-06-2012, 11:46 PM
It's sort like free achievements. I played Fable 2 with a friend and every achievement he got, I got it too. I liked it!

I find that to be kind of dumb. The description for Fable II's achievements actually say, "do this or watch someone else do it". I didn't have to find a single collectible, I just joined someone's game and got those achievements. Kind of wanted to get them myself. :(

ChickinOnaChain
07-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Dumb or not, that's the way the game was made. It was a cheap way to share them.

1 up
07-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I find that to be kind of dumb. The description for Fable II's achievements actually say, "do this or watch someone else do it". I didn't have to find a single collectible, I just joined someone's game and got those achievements. Kind of wanted to get them myself. :(

i was thinking of getting fable 2 is it any good. and if somebody has all the achievements all i gotta do is join their game and i get them all????

DragonsGoMOO
07-07-2012, 12:07 AM
I prefer to earn them. No matter how hard or free they are.

Spock
07-07-2012, 12:21 AM
i was thinking of getting fable 2 is it any good. and if somebody has all the achievements all i gotta do is join their game and i get them all????

I think Fable II is an amazing game. You should definitely get it, especially since it's so cheap. I've seen it for $5 brand new in stores. But no, if they have all the achievements you don't get them. It works like that for collectibles and maybe a couple others, but most of them you have to be there when they do the achievement requirement.

Spanish Assault
07-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Fable 2 is a really good RPG. That game was a gateway game to some more amazing RPG games I would of never played otherwise.

Thank you Fable 2 for opening my eyes to the RPG world.

Just play the game with them and as they do certain tasks it will trigger the achievements.

Yannie Boy
07-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Hey at least you get the achievements. I GF games with me and gets annoyed of the games where we play split-screen, then to not earn achievements.

pacmon
07-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Can't say I've had that happen to me. I've played coop before, but we both started at the same time and still had to earn achievements separately.

Skilled
07-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Getting free achievements like that is the same as game saving isn't it? The only difference is you didn't get a game save? You still didn't EARN the achievements.

McGoogles
07-07-2012, 07:26 AM
I joined a random co-op game on The Darkness 2 and it happened to be on the last level. I decided to stay and got the achievement for beating the final boss, without even having to play the previous levels.