PDA

View Full Version : How do you use Japanese title games?

Cmpunk
07-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Hello. I was starting to look through several japanese games and recently got interested in trying them out on my english Xbox 360. Indeed I do know it isn't possible to play Japanese games on 360 normally (minus Death Smiles 2x).. though is it possible to download something OR get an add-on without the need to buy a Japanese region Xbox to play them or will I need to buy a 2nd xbox?

In short: Can I play Japanese 360 games without a Japanese 360? Anything downloadable or any add-ons?

Thanks.

SicklyPlague
07-07-2012, 12:16 AM
this thread has some suggestions of games and what region they are locked to a good number of them are region free but requires you to import them, http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324327

Edit wow i totally f'ed up this post i ment to say you can play jap games but you need to find ones that are not reigion locked.

Dav13s
07-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Jap discs, no. You need a NTSC-J console for those. You can set up a Jap account to get the free exclusive downloads though. Check out this thread on how to get a Jap/US/Taiwanese account http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92807

Spanish Assault
07-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Jap discs, no. You need a NTSC-J console for those. You can set up a Jap account to get the free exclusive downloads though. Check out this thread on how to get a Jap/US/Taiwanese account http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92807
Some NTSC-J games are Region Free.

Kairi
07-07-2012, 01:35 AM
You can't normally play Japanese games unless you have a Japanese 360. However, if the game is region free, you can play it. The Japanese games that are region free to my knowledge are:

Bullet Soul
Espgaluda II (only the normal edition is region free, not the limited edition)
Muchi Muchi Pork! and Pink Sweets
Mushihimesma Futari 1.5

I might be missing a couple but those can be played on any 360.

Fire Hawk D
07-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Sadly for people who aren't fans, most region-free games are shoot 'em ups.

Other than the region-free games, yes, you will need a Japanese Xbox 360.

Cmpunk
07-09-2012, 12:23 AM
You can't normally play Japanese games unless you have a Japanese 360. However, if the game is region free, you can play it. The Japanese games that are region free to my knowledge are:

Bullet Soul
Espgaluda II (only the normal edition is region free, not the limited edition)
Muchi Muchi Pork! and Pink Sweets
Mushihimesma Futari 1.5

I might be missing a couple but those can be played on any 360.

Thank you for this. I really enjoy myself some shoot em ups!

Jakez123
07-09-2012, 01:08 AM

Eschatos is also region free.

Kairi
07-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Your welcome! I'm glad I could help you! :)

For future games, there is a Region Compatibility Guide on play-asia I will link below so if you aren't sure about it you can check it out here:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

Eschatos is also region free.
I knew I forgot a few! I forgot this one and two others so to the above ones mentioned add these two to the list of Japanese region free games as well:

Cyber Troopers Virtual-On-Force
Max Anarchy (Think this is coming out soon or was recently released, honestly don't know anything else about this other then seeing it was region free somewhere)

Cmpunk
07-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Your welcome! I'm glad I could help you! :)

For future games, there is a Region Compatibility Guide on play-asia I will link below so if you aren't sure about it you can check it out here:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

I knew I forgot a few! I forgot this one and two others so to the above ones mentioned add these two to the list of Japanese region free games as well:

Cyber Troopers Virtual-On-Force
Max Anarchy (Think this is coming out soon or was recently released, honestly don't know anything else about this other then seeing it was region free somewhere)

I gotta check the link then. Great news but probably will be pricey. Own any? Oh and will the game have a Japanese title on my game list?

Kairi
07-09-2012, 01:55 AM
I gotta check the link then. Great news but probably will be pricey. Own any? Oh and will the game have a Japanese title on my game list?
Yeah.... those imports are NOT cheap. I don't actually own any although I have considered it many times. Expect to spend around $90 for a game though...and that's not including shipping. The game should have a Japanese title in your game list, and all of the achievements will be in Japanese.

Cmpunk
07-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Yeah.... those imports are NOT cheap. I don't actually own any although I have considered it many times. Expect to spend around $90 for a game though...and that's not including shipping. The game should have a Japanese title in your game list, and all of the achievements will be in Japanese.

I found some under fifty on amazon. Seems cheap for a game like that..

Kairi
07-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Hm...which game were the under fifty ones for? That definitely is cheap, especially for Xbox! Some of those games can have some ridiculous prices, like when I was looking at DS games for something I saw some of those go to $80...and seen some Xbox games go over $150 x.x

Jakez123
07-09-2012, 02:25 AM

Hey, i spoke with an acquaintance about this on another site, he recommended me to use a site called "Videogameimports" as it was pretty good and there is no import tax.

So i may use that when buying these shoot-em-ups. Just some food for thought i guess, it's always good to have options.

Cmpunk
07-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Hey, i spoke with an acquaintance about this on another site, he recommended me to use a site called "Videogameimports" as it was pretty good and there is no import tax.

So i may use that when buying these shoot-em-ups. Just some food for thought i guess, it's always good to have options.

I'll make sure to check it out, thanks greatly. The good thing with shoot em ups is even if you can't read Japanese, its pretty straightforward.

@ Kairi: Espgaluda II(my attempt at spelling) Was cheap! I'm buying at Christmas.. If its still under 60.

dirge
07-10-2012, 01:10 AM
I have Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets and Espgaluda II, both are great SHMUPs! I am currently waiting for Eschatos to be delivered, really looking forward to it as most of my recent SHMUP purchases have all been CAVE games, so it'll be a nice change.

dirge
07-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Hm...which game were the under fifty ones for? That definitely is cheap, especially for Xbox! Some of those games can have some ridiculous prices, like when I was looking at DS games for something I saw some of those go to $80...and seen some Xbox games go over $150 x.x

Eschatos(ordered mine a few days back) and Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5 are both on play-asia for 25 at the moment which I believe works out to almost $40.

BombToChest
07-10-2012, 01:55 AM
I believe you need a JAP console to play those games.