PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

ALF 133
07-07-2012, 12:29 AM
So, Halo 2 remake....
Your thoughts??
I like the idea if this game being re released as in my opinion it had the best campaign out of all the halo titles and to make it even better im assuming jus like halo anniversary, this wont be getting any online achievements

sicklyplague
07-07-2012, 12:39 AM
I'm curious if they will have the same list from the GFWL version and having them stack or if they will make a new list.

Either way i welcome a remake of them so i can have all the halo games for one system.

DragonsGoMOO
07-07-2012, 12:48 AM
I would like a remake. My favorite was Halo 2.

Drewdude1023
07-07-2012, 12:48 AM
I hope it's remade. But I also want a remake of the Halo 2 multiplayer exactly as it was. No Halo Reach/Halo 4 w/ Halo 2 maps BS!!

mrj3d
07-07-2012, 12:54 AM
I'd buy it. Halo 2 was awesome.

laundryman
07-07-2012, 01:12 AM
I'd love an HD remake of the campaign in Halo 2, but my only concern would be the multiplayer. With the new engine and abundance of features now-a-days, it wouldn't feel like Halo 2 to me.

Gackt
07-07-2012, 01:15 AM
I think its stupid. Halo 2 was my favorite in the series but this will be the 3rd version of it.

Veedrock
07-07-2012, 01:23 AM
I hope it's remade. But I also want a remake of the Halo 2 multiplayer exactly as it was. No Halo Reach/Halo 4 w/ Halo 2 maps BS!!

This is exactly why there shouldn't be a remake. You think people were upset that Halo Anniversary didn't have its original multiplayer? There will be riots in the streets if they do the same to Halo 2. And before you say they can keep the multiplayer, they absolutely will not split the playerbase between two games.

If you're looking for the campaign, Halo 2 Vista covers that perfectly fine (and if achievements are all you care about, it has those too!).

Capn Doug
07-07-2012, 01:34 AM
This is a big step back for gaming. At a time when people complain about the lack of fresh IPs amongst the sequels and remakes, 343 gives us a game that's both! A remake of a sequel to a game that was remade! Originality abounds!

Tsaako
07-07-2012, 02:25 AM
I'd welcome a Halo 2 remake, just leave the multiplayer untouched.

EmporerDragon
07-07-2012, 03:37 AM
If they want to remake more games, I'd rather it'd be KOTOR or Battlefront II.

Skillet
07-07-2012, 06:29 AM

Mmm. A KotOR remake.

Do I dare to dream?

YES.

CHIRUNO99
07-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Because hey, lets close down the multi-player for Halo 2 Vista so we can add it to Halo 2 Anniversary Edition. That way everybody's happy and poor.
I think they're trying to milk the fans again for everything they think the series is worth.

We need remakes/releases of other games too you know, like Psychonauts, XIII, Timesplitters 2, Dungeon Keeper
Mmm. A KotOR remake.

Do I dare to dream?
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/too+much+grammar+fail+to+handle+HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG+_ a940584f5ba142d5856a2f373ff1a1fe.jpg
MUST...CONTROL...CHILDHOOD...NOSTALGIC...

R34L91
07-07-2012, 11:37 AM
That would be so awesome...Halo 2 was and still is my fav Halo game, played it sooooo much back in the day! Great memories!

iBuzz7S
07-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Sony get HD collections. We get Halo remakes. Makes sense.

And nostalgia is a funny thing, isn't it....... Halo 2? No thanks.

Gackt
07-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Mmm. A KotOR remake.

Do I dare to dream?

YES.

I'd rather they remake Halo 2 5 more times than get a KOTOR remake. That game wasn't even good...but then again I don't think most of these games everyone loves are that good lol.

ginge88isfun
07-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Just remake it and keep it as it was originally, multiplayer especially.

JDMBO1
07-07-2012, 12:32 PM
I like the idea but only if it stays true to form, but I don't think this remake will have nearly as much fun as the original. I think for the most part I had fun with my friend using those glitched spots where you'd bounce high, so aside from that if they can just give Halo 2: A it's own MP I don't know.

CHIRUNO99
07-07-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.playimport.com/30223-72476-large/devil-may-cry-hd-collection.jpg

http://s3.gamefreaks.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/metalgearsolid_hd_coll1.jpg

Skillet
07-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I'd rather they remake Halo 2 5 more times than get a KOTOR remake. That game wasn't even good...but then again I don't think most of these games everyone loves are that good lol.

o.0

I don't even know how to respond to that...

I guess this will do...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/19742259.jpg

Skilled
07-07-2012, 02:27 PM
They'd change the MP, I probably wouldn't buy it.

DragonsGoMOO
07-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Why is everyone being a little baby over remakes? You can't stop it. If you wanted to, grow up, go learn how to do that shit, and get your own company. If you're really good, you'll overtake Microsoft and let all the small games get the "okay" and produce more than just remakes, sequels, same ideas.

Yannie Boy
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Everyone that keeps saying yes but just don't change the multiplayer is clearly in denial. We all know if they do "remake" it again.....it'll just be a updated reskin in the Reach engine and the multiplayer will be with Halo 2 maps in Reach with a Halo 2 playlist, just like anniversary.

Blink
07-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Having started my Halo experience with H3, it would be nice to play a remake of H2. I enjoyed going back to play the remake of CE, and it would be nice to experience the whole story.

Gackt
07-07-2012, 04:57 PM
o.0

I don't even know how to respond to that...

I guess this will do...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/19742259.jpg

I love you too :D

Ayx
07-07-2012, 05:22 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-g-M400T15qc/TzezYssf_AI/AAAAAAAAEYk/GaPfoJL2JGo/s1600/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-xbox-360.jpg

wat.

iBuzz7S
07-10-2012, 03:41 AM
<snip image of MGS HD and DMC HD>
<snip image of MGS HD>
Take a look at Sony's HD collections or any game they have had remade from the PS1/PS2. Now compare those to what Microsoft has done.

Microsoft are struggling for first-party games and they have a lot of 'em available for the Xbox, yet they choose to not spend the funds to remake them for the Xbox 360 and give it support for achievements and/or online capabilities.

Veedrock
07-10-2012, 03:54 AM
Take a look at Sony's HD collections or any game they have had remade from the PS1/PS2.

Sony doesn't remake any of their titles. They bump up the resolution, add in a few filters so it looks pretty and call it a day. They're ports and barely take any effort. Maybe Microsoft doesn't want to do a series of half-assed ports.

And lord knows that if they did do that, they'd be getting flamed for milking franchises and not having any creativity.

NoctisXZ
07-10-2012, 06:31 AM
I'm honestly not interested in Halo enough to keep up with it.. but didn't they already remake Halo 2 before? This is a pretty piss poor idea to begin with because the only reason people are going to buy this is just for the multiplayer. And that's sure to be changed from what the general consensus is.

THIS is what seems like milking a franchise. Where as the current HD remakes out on the market offer at least two games for $40. I know some people are totally turned off to the idea of remakes period.. you know, they just want new IPs.. but I really don't think they see the potential these types of games have.

Like someone mentioned... if they were to release Psychonauts HD, I'd gladly pay however much it costs even if it's only one game, I bet a lot of people would pick it up.. and that would hopefully lead to a Psychonauts 2.. I can dream..

New IPs and remakes can co-exist and even compliment one another. I'd much rather take a remake of a great game than have to play the next CoD, GoW, or Halo game..

kinoo1
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I would love to have an HD remake of Halo 2 simply because... I haven't played the original :).
And I really don't care about MP as I don't play it. I just enjoy the Halo universe.

mrj3d
07-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Dude...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq2RawBBoI8dGX6LsxrWoGO6AYEi6rA y_SCYA9K3muroS13F069XggmCN6

iBuzz7S
07-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Sony doesn't remake any of their titles. They bump up the resolution, add in a few filters so it looks pretty and call it a day. They're ports and barely take any effort. Maybe Microsoft doesn't want to do a series of half-assed ports.
I like you. Second post where you've responded to me and posted something valid and not stupid.

Yes, I've seen Jak and Daxter on the PS3 and it don't look too great, but it brings back memories. It has trophy support, which trophy hunters and original fans of the game loved and still love.

For it to be a half-assed port, it will happen whether we like it or not. But as long as they stay true to the original, touch it up a little bit and throw in some achievements, I know I'll buy it.

Edword
07-12-2012, 01:18 AM
I would love it if they did a remake of Halo 2 so then I could have all the Halo games on the same console. I could see them maybe doing an "anniversary" like with the original Halo, but by then it would most likely be on the new console.