PDA

View Full Version : Derek Yu playing Spelunky

DROGTURIST
07-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Derek Yu is the lead designer of the original and the XBLA version, and I subscribe to Anthony Carboni who he posted this video the other day. It's a pretty fun watch so I thought I'd share it!

Let's Play Spelunky with the Developer! - NEW CHALLENGER - YouTube

He shows off some good techniques (though probably nothing new to most of us) and it's fun to see that he approaches ledges kinda cowardly. Even the designer is afraid of his own game! :P

Does anyone else disagree with him about the Pitcher's Mitt? I hate both that and the climbing glove...

Spock
07-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I love New Challenger! Rev3 Games is awesome.

I like the Pitcher's Mitt, although it can screw you over sometimes when you don't need it. I suppose you can usually throw things straight and far enough if you just sprint and throw. But yeah, I definitely hate the climbing gloves. Those have gotten me killed so many times.

Exactorit
07-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Makes me feel a little better about my constant deaths that even the games maker can't complete it in one go. Thanks for sharing this show. Cool stuff. :)

Stiqe
07-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Hey, thanks for posting this! It was definitely a fun ride, I'm glad I wasn't the only one celebrating when Derek hit those spikes, haha. Didn't even make it out of the jungle! (x

Matty Thorns
08-21-2012, 09:05 AM
that was fun to watch. thanks for posting,

Mutalus
11-26-2012, 09:04 PM
I hate those vines always try to skip those if possible because i suck at climbing them. This was very fun to watch :woop: