PDA

View Full Version : Gamefly Help!

the real a 0bsolete
07-08-2012, 12:21 AM
I am thinking about activating my 1 month trial to Gamefly to boost my GS a little bit, but I was wondering about a couple things-

*How long does it take for them to send/receive games?
*What are some quick & easy games you guys would recommend? (other than Avatar of course :P)
*What would happen if my trial period ends, but I still have a game, or it is in transit?

Thanks for the help!

NoctisXZ
07-08-2012, 12:33 AM
It depends on a few factors really. Your post office being one of them and how close you are to a shipping center. Generally I find their send/receive times to be acceptable.. though it does fluctuate. I've had times when I've shipped a game and had the next on my list be there in three days.. other times a week. Though if you're able to have out two games at once this really isn't a problem at all.

Not so sure if I can help you on the quick and easy game thing but when it comes to the trial ending it's on auto-renewal. So make sure you cancel your membership before the trial is up if you don't want to stay. Once it does end you have 7 days to return the game else you'll be charged.

Honestly though you really can't go wrong with Gamefly. With the two game plan you're saving a TON of money in the long run. Barely buy games because of it.. why should I? i can keep them as long as I want for about $20 a month.. not that rental stores are really all over the place anymore but even if you only rent two games a month you're getting your monies worth.

Not to mention active members have access to a ton of free PC games to download. They're mostly lackluster but their are a couple of gems in the collection.

That's about it. Hope it was helpful!

yourbreakfast99
07-08-2012, 12:35 AM
its definetly worth it just make sure you cancel in time and dont get hit with the fee

ChickinOnaChain
07-08-2012, 12:37 AM
I never had a trial with GF. I went with it all the way, so I don't know about the last question. But they were pretty quick in getting them back and sending them, usually all within a week.

Games...Backyard Football, TMNT, King Kong, most EA Sports were easy for me. "Kid" games, not so much.

Metabolic XBA
07-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Once a game ships I get it within 3 days at the most. I am in Mass and my local shipping center is Pittsburgh. If a game on your Q is available they will send it that day, if it is low or very low it might take a couple more days.

Check out this thread for easy games, don't bank on getting Avatar it's currently unavailable to rent.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=286407

the real a 0bsolete
07-08-2012, 12:39 AM
It depends on a few factors really. Your post office being one of them and how close you are to a shipping center. Generally I find their send/receive times to be acceptable.. though it does fluctuate. I've had times when I've shipped a game and had the next on my list be there in three days.. other times a week. Though if you're able to have out two games at once this really isn't a problem at all.

Not so sure if I can help you on the quick and easy game thing but when it comes to the trial ending it's on auto-renewal. So make sure you cancel your membership before the trial is up if you don't want to stay. Once it does end you have 7 days to return the game else you'll be charged.

Honestly though you really can't go wrong with Gamefly. With the two game plan you're saving a TON of money in the long run. Barely buy games because of it.. why should I? i can keep them as long as I want for about $20 a month.. not that rental stores are really all over the place anymore but even if you only rent two games a month you're getting your monies worth.

Not to mention active members have access to a ton of free PC games to download. They're mostly lackluster but their are a couple of gems in the collection.

That's about it. Hope it was helpful!

thanks for the reply.

my biggest concerns are how many games I will be able to complete and what happens if I still have a game/it is in transit right as the trial ends. i'm thinking i'll be able to complete 3-5 games (I would get games that would take less than 5 hrs to complete) and yes I would turn off auto renewal, but I want to make sure there isn't some shiesty rule about my #2 concern.

I would try to call them, but they are closed ATM

Rep
07-08-2012, 12:40 AM
The time it takes really depends on where you live. I know they have shipping centers in Texas, Florida, and California.

You should visit this thread for easy-to-complete games.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=286407

Your credit card will be charged after the trial ends.

zarda1
07-08-2012, 01:22 AM
if you get 1 month of gamefly and you get 1 game at a time you're looking at 2 games before your sub runs out. may as well get some games you want to play because the turn around is that bad.

the real a 0bsolete
07-08-2012, 02:16 AM
if you get 1 month of gamefly and you get 1 game at a time you're looking at 2 games before your sub runs out. may as well get some games you want to play because the turn around is that bad.

is this just an estimate or have you tried this yourself? 2 games = 1 week travel time each way. I should be able to get games a little faster than that.

iTs xLuiGi
07-08-2012, 11:22 AM
thanks for the reply.

my biggest concerns are how many games I will be able to complete and what happens if I still have a game/it is in transit right as the trial ends. i'm thinking i'll be able to complete 3-5 games (I would get games that would take less than 5 hrs to complete) and yes I would turn off auto renewal, but I want to make sure there isn't some shiesty rule about my #2 concern.

I would try to call them, but they are closed ATM

i live in daytona, florida, and my nearest shipping center is tampa. if i stick a game in the mailbox monday, they usually receive it thursday, and i have my next game the next monday or tuesday. some post offices use a fastscan, where once they receive it at the post office, they scan it in, the info is sent to gamefly, and gamefly ships your next game right then, which would help considerably. but maybe 5% of post offices actually bother scanning them before sending them off.....

about being in transit as your trial ends...
first off, there's no "auto renewal" option. you have to cancel, and you have to cancel on the last day. when you cancel, they stop it right then. there's no cancelling and them letting you continue to the end of your "billing cycle".
but they also give you 7 days after you cancel to get any games you might still have back to them. so if your trial ends on monday, and you put your game in the mailbox on that monday, it technically has til the next monday to get to them before they charge you anything.

Crypt
07-08-2012, 07:27 PM
I have been with GameFly for about five years now. Just set them up and you will get them. Older titles you will get right away, newer ones, you will have to wait.

Gackt
07-08-2012, 07:35 PM

Depends on how long he keeps them and where he lives. The turn around is not that bad...
Some post offices scan the games when you send them back, which will show up as a "fast return" on your game que, which means they will send the next game on your list before waiting for the game to return to the warehouse.