PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone on the forum won Scratch and Match yet?

starmaker69
07-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Hope no topic about it has been posted yet again !! but has anyone won off of it yet, and what did you win, and how many tries did it take you to finally win? If some doesn't know what it is, its a game in the Sales and Special App.

A ZombieTwinkie
07-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Not me. I've 'scratched' every day, but haven't won anything yet.

DJConnelly
07-08-2012, 07:50 AM
No. Those leaderboards are forged. Whoever designed that thing is just sitting at home in an armchair next to a roaring fire, drinking whiskey whilst smoking a pipe and laughing diabolically. "We'll make millions off of the chain reaction!" All the Gears fans will have no doubt been tempted by the amazing offers currently available. >.< I eagerly await what wonders the "Mystery Wheel" shall bring.

InsulinShaman
07-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Not me, I've been trying all week and I just can't seem to win at the moment. I don't even know what the prize is, I just want something!

Good luck to anyone who tries to win, you'll have better luck winning a real scratch and win.

mrj3d
07-08-2012, 01:08 PM
No. Those leaderboards are forged. Whoever designed that thing is just sitting at home in an armchair next to a roaring fire, drinking whiskey whilst smoking a pipe and laughing diabolically. "We'll make millions off of the chain reaction!" All the Gears fans will have no doubt been tempted by the amazing offers currently available. >.< I eagerly await what wonders the "Mystery Wheel" shall bring.

My thoughts exactly.

ChickinOnaChain
07-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Where is this "scratch and match" thing at? This is the first I've heard of it.

mattesty
07-08-2012, 01:16 PM

I'm with you. I'm curious as to where this is.

EDIT: Go to the games tab and the box that says "Sales & Specials", hit that then hit the box thats says get the free app now.

ChromiumDragon
07-08-2012, 01:46 PM

I just checked out the Gears chain reaction. My god, is that deal horrible.

First, you have to buy an avatar prop. Sure, it only costs a buck under this deal, but does anyone above the age of 12 actually buy that garbage? But for a dollar, it's probably the least retarded portion of the whole thing.

Then, you have to buy not one, but TWO DLC packs. Any gears fan who would be interested in any part of this deal at all already bought those DLCs a long time ago. So basically, the people most likely to even participate in this deal are the ones most likely alreadly locked out of it because they had the nerve to actually buy the DLC when it came out. gg, Microsoft......

And for the grand finale? 600 points off weapon skins. Even after the discount, you're still paying 3000 points -- just short of $40 for fucking weapon skins.

This "chain reaction" offer would only be a good idea if step 5 included anybody who actually completed steps 1-4 being herded up, sterilized, and locked in an institution for the dangerously stupid.

dAFKave813
07-08-2012, 02:58 PM
I have been doing the scratch and match twice a day( once from my account and once from my wife's account) since the first day of it's release and have not won anything on either account.

From what I read when I did a search on it, the rewards are avatar items and some arcade/dlc items but I never saw exactly which ones.

Onelastbreath
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Nothing for me from 6 days trying. Would actually be interesting to find someone who has won something lol

Spanish Assault
07-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I just checked out the Gears chain reaction. My god, is that deal horrible.

First, you have to buy an avatar prop. Sure, it only costs a buck under this deal, but does anyone above the age of 12 actually buy that garbage? But for a dollar, it's probably the least retarded portion of the whole thing.

Then, you have to buy not one, but TWO DLC packs. Any gears fan who would be interested in any part of this deal at all already bought those DLCs a long time ago. So basically, the people most likely to even participate in this deal are the ones most likely alreadly locked out of it because they had the nerve to actually buy the DLC when it came out. gg, Microsoft......

And for the grand finale? 600 points off weapon skins. Even after the discount, you're still paying 3000 points -- just short of $40 for fucking weapon skins.

This "chain reaction" offer would only be a good idea if step 5 included anybody who actually completed steps 1-4 being herded up, sterilized, and locked in an institution for the dangerously stupid.
wow....worse. deal. ever.

siamese snake
07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
I've got nothing off this either. I'd have more luck finding a load of gold in the boot of my car than winning anything.

sleepydumbdude
07-08-2012, 04:08 PM
I've been playing daily and haven't won jack. I hope the chain reactions stay crappy because I don't want to have to debate on buying something crappy to get a decent deal.

CHIRUNO99
07-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Scratch and Match is just a sweepstakes really, everyone gets an entry and only a few win. I'd doubt I'd ever win it, at all, ever. It's probably just as luck based as 'At the Races' on Mario Party.

As of the chain reaction, it's ridiculous, it's a case of Microsoft saying, "Yeah you can have some discounts if you don't mind buying this content first." I kind of wanted the DLC packs for GOW3 but I don't want that prop. It's what puts me off more than anything.

I fear the mystery wheel. I fear that it's an unruly hell demon which asks you to pay some MSP and all hell breaks loose.

I like the interface for the DotW though, it's kinda cool, and that is a nice shade of blue.

sleepydumbdude
07-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't think they will charge msp because of various gambling laws so it would really surprise me if they charged.

Crypt
07-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I have not BUT I heard you can win a free arcade game, etc

sleepydumbdude
07-08-2012, 07:26 PM
That is what I heard also and it can be one that you all ready own. Its not a code either so it just downloads after you win. That would be my luck. I'll probably win Risk Factions or something. (which I have and is on sale constantly)

FFFreak1129
07-09-2012, 01:01 PM
I've played it almost every day since they came out with it but haven't won anything yet.

EliteShadowMan
07-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Nope. What pisses me off the most about it is the fact that you get 3-4 chances to win everytime, and it's always off by one tile.

xXxDave69prxXx
07-09-2012, 03:38 PM
make 2 of us?:confused:

Skorpion XBA
07-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Just like everyone else, I haven't won anything either.

I M1K3Y B I
07-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I've not one anything either :(

Don't really understand how you win. Do all the tiles need to be the same or is it 3 in a line?

LifeMakesMeLOL
07-11-2012, 04:49 AM
"I haven't personally won anything, so the leaderboards must be forged."

:rolleyes:

ginge88isfun
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM
I've always been tile off winning, seems to be the trend with that, always happens.

L1E
07-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I haven't, but I read in the terms & conditions that the chance of winning is approximately 1:1000. So, most of us probably will never win... :(

Samigi
07-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Lol, I'm deleting scratch and match so that I don't get tempted to waste more time every day.

CHIRUNO99
07-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I haven't, but I read in the terms & conditions that the chance of winning is approximately 1:1000. So, most of us probably will never win... :(
I read and it said the odds were 1:20. I don't understand where you got 1000 from.

ginge88isfun
07-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I read and it said the odds were 1:20.

So another 15 times and I should win on it, not very likely.

shangri la27
07-13-2012, 04:25 AM
I know, its silly. I won more with 2 gamestock cards from gamestop than I have through scratch and win over 7 tries.

Veedrock
07-13-2012, 04:36 AM
I read and it said the odds were 1:20. I don't understand where you got 1000 from.

No it's definitely 1:1000.

I know, its silly. I won more with 2 gamestock cards from gamestop than I have through scratch and win over 7 tries.

The two aren't even comparable >_> You may as well say you got at least one of heads or tails on two coin flips but haven't rolled an 8 on your single die yet.

shangri la27
07-13-2012, 04:52 AM
The two aren't even comparable >_> You may as well say you got at least one of heads or tails on two coin flips but haven't rolled an 8 on your single die yet.

True enough. I just thought it was funny that I'm getting kinect props from GS and shit from MS. theres millions of freebies they could give people, stingie bastards.

TVthePunisher
07-13-2012, 05:44 AM
Ziltch, as always. Almost every ticket looks like this

(using smiley faces for examples)

:mad::mad::eek:
:eek::eek::mad:
:):(:)

Something along those lines, going up, down...sideways. Always, always never matching...I don't expect to win either but I might as well try since it takes like less than 10 seconds each day...

L1E
07-13-2012, 06:18 AM

I got it straight from the terms & conditions that you need to agree to before you start your first Scratch & Match... Where'd you get your 1:20 from?

EDIT: Odd, it's 1:20 according to Xbox.com, but could've sworn it said 1:1000 in the app. I'll check again on my second account. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/sales-and-specials-app/rules

EDIT 2: Yeah, 1:1000 according to the app itself. I'm going to go with 1:1000, otherwise there should at least be one person who won in this thread..

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa310/gumwatfus/2012-07-12232221.jpg

CHIRUNO99
07-13-2012, 07:07 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/PetuniLink/DSCN0100.jpg
I got 1:20 for the same terms and conditions, that said you're in the US, I'm in the UK, so we have different odds for some reason.

L1E
07-13-2012, 07:59 AM
I got 1:20 for the same terms and conditions, that said you're in the US, I'm in the UK, so we have different odds for some reason.

Very strange. But hey, at least we're both right!

FatalDeathSG45
07-13-2012, 07:51 PM
I've yet to win anything on that thing yet. It's basically just like a lottery ticket: you might win something, but most of the time you lose.

And Chain Reaction? No thanks. You're better off waiting for those things to go on sale instead of being forced to buy one thing to save on another.

shangri la27
07-13-2012, 10:05 PM
.1% chance? Sadness in my face. wish i didnt blindly accept EULAs.

Perrsun
07-15-2012, 10:14 PM
http://perrsun.betaground.com/camera/scratchwin1.JPG
http://perrsun.betaground.com/camera/scratchwin2.JPG

I just won a copy of The Maw today, so apparently it IS possible.

DJConnelly
07-15-2012, 10:52 PM
I just won a copy of The Maw today, so apparently it IS possible.

Don't listen to him. He's one of them.

KnucklesV6
07-21-2012, 06:23 PM
I have terrible luck so most likely I will never win.

rikib004
07-27-2012, 07:57 AM
I just won Snoopy Flying Ace... Not something i'd go out of my way to buy but can't complain for free!

CHIRUNO99
07-27-2012, 08:15 AM
I have a feeling I should only enter the competition when the background is from a game I don't already have.

StayonTarget
07-27-2012, 05:59 PM
If the odds are 1:1000, I doubt it's random.

tmnterminator
07-28-2012, 05:23 AM
No luck here either...keep trying but really not expecting anything. Its nice to some winners on here though

vader99
07-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Most of the games people are winning have already been given away someway or somehow in the past and I already have them so it doesn't bother me.

quidyg
07-28-2012, 02:01 PM
i won it the first time i played, cant remember the game i won and even though i havent played it much it was nice to get something for free for once

Chaz Of Sparta
07-29-2012, 11:55 AM
I have terrible luck so most likely I will never win.

Join the club. XD

mattesty
07-29-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't know how you even win...

CraziedZombies
07-29-2012, 02:24 PM
I've been trying since it came out and haven't won anything yet, might just not try any more soon.

JennyOwnz
07-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Does anyone have a link for this game?
I seem to be lucky with sweepstakes.
Entered many in the past, even some that are not related to games.
I won a T-Shirt autographed by John Cena once.
Another time i won a 100 Visa Giftcard, & many other cool things!
Anyway, sorry for getting off topic. Can anyone post the link? :)

StolenPaper18
07-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Does anyone have a link for this game?
I seem to be lucky with sweepstakes.
Entered many in the past, even some that are not related to games.
I won a T-Shirt autographed by John Cena once.
Another time i won a 100 Visa Giftcard, & many other cool things!
Anyway, sorry for getting off topic. Can anyone post the link? :)

I think the only way you can access it is from your xbox dashboard.

EmporerDragon
07-29-2012, 05:52 PM
There's no link. It's an app for the 360.

JennyOwnz
07-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Ohhhhh. Derp! Okay. i thought it was somewhere online.
I feel retarded now.
I'll check it out from the dashboard, thanks!

rikib004
07-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Ohhhhh. Derp! Okay. i thought it was somewhere online.
I feel retarded now.
I'll check it out from the dashboard, thanks!

It's called the Sales & Specials + App... then within it there's scratch and match... Good Luck :)

alpha17
07-30-2012, 03:58 AM
SO I have to buy stuff to win then I kind of thought it was like lottery tickets how you just pay for the one ticket.

JT Fever
07-31-2012, 07:42 PM
just tried my no chance in hell scratch and match, hold on, update required

101megabytes

how is that possible, it still looks crap

oh and its still bugged, i didnt win lol

peace

n-joi

ScarecrowCeno
07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Holy flump.

I won.

Got a copy of "Pirates versus Ninjas Dogeball" which, granted I'd never buy myself, but it's free right? And a whole game. Bloody hell, never saw that coming.

EmporerDragon
08-01-2012, 03:26 AM
SO I have to buy stuff to win then I kind of thought it was like lottery tickets how you just pay for the one ticket.

No, you don't need to buy anything.

StayonTarget
08-01-2012, 06:02 AM
No, you don't need to buy anything.

An Xbox... Xbox Live Gold... A Television... Internet...

TVthePunisher
08-01-2012, 06:13 AM
An Xbox... Xbox Live Gold... A Television... Internet...

Actually, you don't need Gold to do Scratch and Match. I have several silver accounts I try to win with as well (still unsuccessful). Two Golds, three silvers...just like a lottery doesn't seem to help my odds any.

Edit: I am also going to note that silver accounts are ALSO able to purchase the Scratch and Match offers. I just confirmed prices on the app and marketplace with one of my silver accounts...so it appears those offers ARE NOT Gold Exclusive.

TVthePunisher
08-21-2012, 05:51 PM
HAH! Wow...WOW. I actually friggin' won...and what do I get? A GAMERPIC PACK! OMG! ......wow. And it's not even with my main account, so I'm not sure if these will carry over to everyone else...

Whoever posted the picture earlier is accurate, when you win the three boxes that are in a row are goldoutlined and you get a nice bit "YOU WIN!"stamp with stars in the center. On the left it allows you to Facebook Share and on the right, continue to your prize.

This week's Scratch and Win prize is Bomberman Live Gamerpics Pack 03! Also whenever you hit continue, it brings you to the offer page with the other offers BUT adds your "Winning Offer" to the lineup as well.

Here's to hoping that the next time (if there's a next time) that I win...I'll receive an arcade game. Gamerpics are ok...as I'm displaying the Bomberman one now but...games are where it's at.

Andreas_loel
08-22-2012, 01:03 AM
havent won yet.

My favorite winner was a guy that had modded his avatar lol (i randomly check the winners tags to see if they actually play the game they won)

cracksmurf
08-22-2012, 03:58 AM
wish i could win from this

Subpounder101
08-25-2012, 02:42 PM
play ever day, never won. AND the best thing is i've seen a hand full of SILVER accounts win.....

CHIRUNO99
08-25-2012, 02:51 PM
A while back I noticed the odds changes on my end, and probably UK in whole, they went for 1:20 to 1:1000.
Doesn't make a difference since I still haven't won.

madfrankiefrasr
08-26-2012, 11:49 PM
never won and done it every day

Rose Knight789
08-27-2012, 12:35 AM
I have not won yet and have been doing it from day one it is really disappointing I wonder when the wheel is coming out.

DJConnelly
08-27-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm sure the Wheel of Mystery will be out soon. We can all lose on that as well then. Double the fun.

FFFreak1129
08-27-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm sure the Wheel of Mystery will be out soon. We can all lose on that as well then. Double the fun.

LOL

I still haven't won anything yet. Good to hear someone finally won even though it was just a gamerpic pack.

Ostrowski
08-27-2012, 01:14 PM
I personally never won, But my friend won and guess what his prize was?

He won a grill for his avatar, but he didn't actually win it. He won a discounted price for that item. He called MS and said I won this grill and its not free I still have to pay. MS actually told him that not every prize from the sale and specials app is free. So anyone who wins, dont expect any wow factor from it, Its the curiousity that pulls you in.

Rhapsody909
08-28-2012, 02:30 AM
I played for a couple weeks straight... nothing. Hearing some of the prize results makes me even less motivated to continue trying.

FFFreak1129
08-28-2012, 04:14 AM
I personally never won, But my friend won and guess what his prize was?

He won a grill for his avatar, but he didn't actually win it. He won a discounted price for that item. He called MS and said I won this grill and its not free I still have to pay. MS actually told him that not every prize from the sale and specials app is free. So anyone who wins, dont expect any wow factor from it, Its the curiousity that pulls you in.

Wow that sucks. Its like whats the point then. They make it seem like you win free stuff.

StayonTarget
08-28-2012, 04:31 AM
This app is stupid... but I'll still hit it every day for the shits and giggles.

Floorkiller
09-06-2012, 12:09 AM
I won on Monday, and got a pretty cool Zombie avatar mask (from Plants/Zombies) The only thing that sucked was getting random messages/voice messages/party requests the rest of the day.
Funny thing, I won again today....free DLC for NFS. I would have been more excited had I not already owned the DLC, lol. So 2 wins in just 3 days :D

CHIRUNO99
09-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I won on Monday, and got a pretty cool Zombie avatar mask (from Plants/Zombies) The only thing that sucked was getting random messages/voice messages/party requests the rest of the day.
Funny thing, I won again today....free DLC for NFS. I would have been more excited had I not already owned the DLC, lol. So 2 wins in just 3 days :D
I got the mask for free when it was first uploaded, but congrats on the streak. Getting all those messages reminds me of the time I had a question featured on Sentuamessage, all week I had nothing but spam messages and voice messages and friend requests. It was awful.

TVthePunisher
09-06-2012, 07:40 AM
I got the mask for free when it was first uploaded, but congrats on the streak. Getting all those messages reminds me of the time I had a question featured on Sentuamessage, all week I had nothing but spam messages and voice messages and friend requests. It was awful.

I don't know if the dash still does it but the "featured user of the day" must really suck if you're trying to work on crap. Everyone on Xbox would see your tag and probably bombard you with messages X_X....though I'm not sure if this is still done. Think it was called Gamer Spotlight or something.

Jamski
09-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Nope, I play pretty much every day and nothing. But I did take advantage of the Dead Rising:Case Zero offer. 200msp, bargain!

UnarmedReaper07
09-12-2012, 03:25 AM
I tried pretty much every day, but never won. My friend said he won, but then his 360 froze and he lost his prize. I haven't really tried the game in about a week, but I started to play again today. In one game I had two of the same picture in every row, but still lost. Microsoft really likes to tease me. (lol)

CHIRUNO99
09-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I had this happen, looks kinda like this.
http://puu.sh/14mYk
I even uncovered that top-right square last, guaranteed I was going to win then,
NOPE

I've played with the Mystery Wheel, it's just getting an avatar item for a discount, you just don't know which one.

InsaneKane87
10-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Never and I've played everyday. Of course I'm not surprised I've never won anything off deals, registrations or scratch n match and I've been live for almost 4 years. I've come very close on scratch n match many times thinking I'm gonna win to be thrown off. I think it's a complete joke really and judging by the other comments you don't always win those games that are deal of the week.

I bet someone at M$ is sitting there in a chair, eating chips and guzzling down a soda controlling with cards appear as we scratch while they laugh their ass off.

Delow317
10-10-2012, 12:28 AM
HAH! Wow...WOW. I actually friggin' won...and what do I get? A GAMERPIC PACK! OMG! ......wow. And it's not even with my main account, so I'm not sure if these will carry over to everyone else...

Whoever posted the picture earlier is accurate, when you win the three boxes that are in a row are goldoutlined and you get a nice bit "YOU WIN!"stamp with stars in the center. On the left it allows you to Facebook Share and on the right, continue to your prize.

This week's Scratch and Win prize is Bomberman Live Gamerpics Pack 03! Also whenever you hit continue, it brings you to the offer page with the other offers BUT adds your "Winning Offer" to the lineup as well.

Here's to hoping that the next time (if there's a next time) that I win...I'll receive an arcade game. Gamerpics are ok...as I'm displaying the Bomberman one now but...games are where it's at.

Congrats on winning Punisher! I've been loading up that app everyday since it's inception and I still havn't won! :confused: You'd think I'd be lucky being that my birthday is St. Patrick's Day and all but the Luck of the Irish isn't strong enough for scratch and match. I'll keep trying though. LOL

diazt350
10-10-2012, 03:35 AM
I won Forza DLC but I don't even have the game, might pick up horizon and use it then if it lets me.

Screw the mystery wheel not paying 80 point to spin it maybe if it was dlc included then maybe but not for avatar items

dragonpwnr99
10-10-2012, 03:37 AM
I won towards the beginning, all I got was a zombie avatar prop. Not complaining about free stuff though! :p

MabusScarab
10-21-2012, 06:40 AM
I've played pretty much daily since it's been released, finally I win and it's a diamond horse named "Butt Stallion". Go figure.

I'm just kidding, I haven't won crap yet.

Gageamatron
10-30-2012, 01:59 AM
I won the purple Halloween dog avatar prop yesterday.

Do you always win Offer 1? Or is is random?

DemonJuice
12-12-2012, 12:00 AM
I just won the other day after doing it every day for the last several months. The prize was a Venus Flytrap avatar prop. Woo.