PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Game?

Spock
07-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Are you excited for this game? Do you think it sounds like a good idea? Let me know!

I personally think this game has some really great ideas, but ultimately doesn't look as good as it could be. We still have to wait a while for the release (sometime in 2013), but I expected more as they're showing it off already. I imagine there won't be as much level interaction as the devs say there will be, but I guess I could be a bit more optimistic. I wouldn't mind fighting Superman as Batman.

Here is some new gameplay from EVO 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJVXUaI84c&feature=g-u-u

JaxTH
07-10-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't like how it looks so far. It seems like a less clunky MK vs. DCU but not as good as MK9 at the moment. It seems they are reusing the stances straight from the DC characters in MK vs. DCU as well (Or AT LEAST Flash).

I'll keep my eyes on this though.

XxStuartxX 1990
07-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Personally i think it looks like it could be pretty good, but I would have preferred 3D arenas like they had in marvel nemesis rise of the imperfects, which IMO was a majorly under rated game on PS2.

kyboy
07-12-2012, 03:57 PM
i think it looks amazing. but, instead of the way they took it, they should have done a Marvel vs DC! that would be awesome.
because, if you cant tell, im a huge Spiderman fan. so id like to kick Batmans ass with Spiderman lol

Plym
07-12-2012, 05:00 PM
The new gameplay vid has me quite excited, it looks a lot of fun.
I hope they include loads of content like MK had.

ShadowX760
07-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Would have been kinda cooler as a DC version of MUA

The Bum-Mobile
08-02-2012, 01:54 AM
I'm really looking forward to it. As a big comics fan and an Mortal Kombat fan (Especially MK9) it's like a mash-up of great characters with what looks to be great gameplay. I'm just crossing my fingers for Bane as a part of the roster. Doubt it'll happen, but maybe with the Dark Knight Rises hype around him he'll see some action. I need to break backs!

kyboy
08-02-2012, 02:44 AM
I'm really looking forward to it. As a big comics fan and an Mortal Kombat fan (Especially MK9) it's like a mash-up of great characters with what looks to be great gameplay. I'm just crossing my fingers for Bane as a part of the roster. Doubt it'll happen, but maybe with the Dark Knight Rises hype around him he'll see some action. I need to break backs!

well if they didnt think about it while theyre making it, theres always DLC.. but yea, Bane would be a good character in this game..

im just hoping that it doesnt end up like MKvsDC.. didnt really like that game.

PyreBall
08-02-2012, 04:48 AM
I'm just glad that WB brought back the DC cast for another fighting romp. I really loved MK vs DC in spite of the toned down violence and this looks far, far better than the MK vs DC 2 that I had envisioned and for for so many years. Also, call me slow, but have there been any more roster reveals since Nightwing and Cyborg?

The Bum-Mobile
08-05-2012, 05:23 PM
well if they didnt think about it while theyre making it, theres always DLC.. but yea, Bane would be a good character in this game..

im just hoping that it doesnt end up like MKvsDC.. didnt really like that game.
I'm sure they recognized that Bane would have gained popularity with TDKR. Whether or not they include him is up to them I guess.

And, not to undersell it, I think it'll be Mortal Kombat 9 with a DC skin. That's a good thing. Last year's Mortal Kombat played fantastically, it's everything I could've hoped for in a fighting game. I think the studio has advanced since MKvsDC, I think the recent Mortal Kombat should be used as a point of reference.

xi ShadowWolf x
08-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Meh, could be better. :/

Knomadic
09-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Looks good! I want them to add Swamp Thing & Red Lanterns!

kyboy
09-29-2012, 08:52 PM
i just got back from pre ordering the collector edition... i was the first one to pre order it. the guy at Gamestop didnt even know it was available for pre order yet lol... that statue is gona look awesome next to all the other ones!

EvilsicClown
10-09-2012, 07:01 PM
I hope that this does not follow the Arkham City Timeline and they bring in Joker.

icurnvss
10-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I do think it looks rather clunky as was mentioned previously. It does not look very polished, but that could simply be due to being far from release.

As a side-note, a pre-order bonus info caught my eye with something it mentioned. It gives you some extra skins and then 20 Additional Missions Set in the Red Son Storyline.

Missions? Additional Missions? Is this something like the Campaign Mode or whatever from Tekken 6? A way to have a side scroller, or platformer whatever you call it, with the DC characters? Or are these just simply you battle 20 different people based on a what-if scenario that really doesn't change any aspect of gameplay, just switches up the fight ladder, being loosely based on a storyline?

Does anyone have ANY info on this. If it's like Tekken 6, in some way, then I will be totally excited for this. If it's just a new fight ladder, then I'm stuck still at the meh, not sure if I want it with what I've seen.

You can see why I want to know more about the Missions! This can be the difference between me getting this game or not! I can't take just a 1 on 1 fighting game for very long, not enough variety in what happens, gets old fast. But spice it up with some campaign missions, upgradeable armor parts, some light RPG elements maybe, a cool story, or stories, and I'm all over this!

Please, ANY help will be appreciated! x360a community, you're my only hope! lol

Thabassmon
10-19-2012, 03:50 AM
I am looking forward to it, I like the DC characters far more than the Marvel ones. So a must buy for me as I get everything that features batman.

Thabassmon
10-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Anyone else keen for a batman universe game in this fashion, there are definitely enough good and bad characters and most of them are visually interesting all with differing strenths and weaknesses

KyKy
10-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Anyone else keen for a batman universe game in this fashion, there are definitely enough good and bad characters and most of them are visually interesting all with differing strenths and weaknesses

That would be amazing! Batman has such an amazing catalogue of great characters. But I'm a massive Green Lantern fan too so this game is a must buy for me.

Sinful Samhein
10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Are you excited for this game? Do you think it sounds like a good idea? Let me know!

I personally think this game has some really great ideas, but ultimately doesn't look as good as it could be. We still have to wait a while for the release (sometime in 2013), but I expected more as they're showing it off already. I imagine there won't be as much level interaction as the devs say there will be, but I guess I could be a bit more optimistic. I wouldn't mind fighting Superman as Batman.

Here is some new gameplay from EVO 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJVXUaI84c&feature=g-u-u

I wasn't sure at first until I found out it was from the makers of Mortal Kombat 9. This will probably be a day 1 buy.

Iceskater101
11-01-2012, 10:58 PM
I normally don't buy or pay for fighting games, but this game looks really fun not going to lie. I hope this game will actually make me better at fighting games because I tried playing Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, and I gave up lol. The game was challenging.

T3MP3R
12-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I can't wait for the release of the game. It looks promising. I just don't like that they changed the button layout from the MK9. Bring back the block button!

dusty125
12-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Mortal Kombat with DC characters instead. I've always wanted to beat the crap out of Superman with Batman. That alone will make this game worth it.

kyboy
01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Mortal Kombat with DC characters instead. I've always wanted to beat the crap out of Superman with Batman. That alone will make this game worth it.

I've always wanted to beat the crap out of Batman with Superman lol..

Iceskater101
01-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Lex Luther and Bane were released today. I feel like that's no surprise, but hey whatever. I am still excited for this game, the only fighting game that relatively looks fun to me.

xXmyxxmastaXx
01-16-2013, 08:33 PM
i cant wait!

BiggD
02-16-2013, 09:53 PM
I would say people shouldn't be comparing this game to MK v. DCU...

If anything, it's going to play exactly like Mortal Kombat 9. It's essentially the same game, but with different character models and the removal of X-Rays and Fatalities.

Anyways, I'm no fan of fighting games and when I completed MK9, I swore it was the first and last fighting game I'd buy, but this game looks promising with the roster and potential for a good story line. I'll be getting it most likely.

xXmyxxmastaXx
02-17-2013, 07:24 AM
I would say people shouldn't be comparing this game to MK v. DCU...

If anything, it's going to play exactly like Mortal Kombat 9. It's essentially the same game, but with different character models and the removal of X-Rays and Fatalities.

Anyways, I'm no fan of fighting games and when I completed MK9, I swore it was the first and last fighting game I'd buy, but this game looks promising with the roster and potential for a good story line. I'll be getting it most likely.

not true, aside from NRS and it being a 2d game the game is very diffrent.

twign8tr
02-18-2013, 02:21 AM
I am looking forward to Injustice. I loved the most recent MK game and this is basically the same except with DC characters and no gruesome attacks.

alec_006
02-18-2013, 02:36 AM
i'm very psyched for this game... the collectable statues are awesome too

Veedrock
02-18-2013, 02:53 AM
I'm looking forward to it as a DC game, but I'm still skeptical about it as a fighting game. I liked MK9 for it's story and tons of content, but I hate it's gameplay mechanics. I haven't been watching many gameplay trailers, but from what I've been reading they're making some positive changes from MK9 that might sway me to enjoy the gameplay.

HowCanHeKillMeWithBread
03-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Does anybody know if a demo will be released?

adski
03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
I have high expectations for this game. Nether realms made mortal kombat and that was a brilliant game with story and gameplay. Plus the DLC was reasonable as well so yeah I believe this game will be quite awesome.

I hope they do a Marvel vs DC at some point

UnknownJ25
03-05-2013, 03:07 PM
This is one of my most anticipated games this year

ApocNarok
03-07-2013, 09:38 AM
I've never been a big MK fan, but I am totally stoked for this game! I really hope they add this game last minute for Evo, but there's always next year.

HellspawnRei
03-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I can't wait for this game,although it could be better it looks great.

xhunterrrr
03-07-2013, 02:24 PM

How could it be better? No one here has even played it.

BiggD
03-08-2013, 12:03 AM
How could it be better? No one here has even played it.

Lol. That's what I was thinking.

Achievements look great, videos make it seem enjoyable, and so far, the roster is awesome (needs more villains/females). Damn, I'm really looking forward to this. Only 5 more weeks!

kyboy
03-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Lol. That's what I was thinking.

Achievements look great, videos make it seem enjoyable, and so far, the roster is awesome (needs more villains/females). Damn, I'm really looking forward to this. Only 5 more weeks!

I know what you mean, but technically, there is No hero or villain..

xXmyxxmastaXx
03-11-2013, 06:20 PM

how so? please elaborate or it just looks like you are talking out your ass.

BiggD
03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
I know what you mean, but technically, there is No hero or villain..

So technically speaking, Lex and Sinestro are heroes? :p

xXmyxxmastaXx
03-11-2013, 11:32 PM
why is bruce willis in this game?

Klint Beastw00d
03-12-2013, 01:27 AM
why is bruce willis in this game?

What are you talking about?

BiggD
03-12-2013, 01:37 AM

Lol, he's basically saying Lex Luther looks like Willis...which he does, lol.

xXmyxxmastaXx
03-12-2013, 02:14 AM

http://cdn.3news.co.nz/3news/AM/2013/3/11/289812/lex-luthor.jpg?width=460

BiggD
03-16-2013, 09:59 PM
http://cdn.3news.co.nz/3news/AM/2013/3/11/289812/lex-luthor.jpg?width=460

Chin and jaw are a little off, but other than that, I could be convinced that Bruce Willis mo-capped/modeled this character lol.

KingTimbaX
03-17-2013, 01:30 AM
I am greatly waiting and very excited for this game. Once i saw the that Annoucement trailer when it first came out on youtube plus the New Regime video i was hook.... Can't wait for April 16. :woop: