PDA

View Full Version : Re-Releasing titles with achievements added.

Cmpunk
07-09-2012, 01:42 AM
I don't mean arcade, but full retail. With DMC HD out and Dragon Ball Z Boudakai HD(1 AND 3) confirmed for a 360 release, is this going to be a new thing for developers? Release older games WITH achievements? I personally love the idea and I'd mark out if they release DBZ Tenkaichi 3 for the xbox 360. This could possibly increase the 360 lifespan to 2014-2015(nothing is confirmed for a 2013 new system release but just saying..) and would make many old gamers happy. Release more I say! Opinions?

Gackt
07-09-2012, 01:52 AM
I don't mean arcade, but full retail. With DMC HD out and Dragon Ball Z Boudakai HD(1 AND 3) confirmed for a 360 release, is this going to be a new thing for developers? Release older games WITH achievements? I personally love the idea and I'd mark out if they release DBZ Tenkaichi 3 for the xbox 360. This could possibly increase the 360 lifespan to 2014-2015(nothing is confirmed for a 2013 new system release but just saying..) and would make many old gamers happy. Release more I say! Opinions?

Leaked MS document was confirmed to be legit, and it showed 2013 as the launch date for their new console. Developers are already working on next gen games. I don't want more remakes of games just to stretch out the consoles life some more. It's time for a new console, new ip's, better hardware.

Cmpunk
07-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Leaked MS document was confirmed to be legit, and it showed 2013 as the launch date for their new console. Developers are already working on next gen games. I don't want more remakes of games just to stretch out the consoles life some more. It's time for a new console, new ip's, better hardware.

Oh well that sounds really cool. May I ask if they confirmed backwards compatability and the price?

DragonsGoMOO
07-09-2012, 01:55 AM
At least I would know for sure the game was actually good and not a piece of shit, like Budokai.

It's a cheap way to make money, but I'd probably still buy the games, long after they're released. I ain't paying full price for a game I've beaten multiple times.

Gackt
07-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Oh well that sounds really cool. May I ask if they confirmed backwards compatability and the price?

I don't remember. I know price wasn't mentioned. I can only imagine Backwards compatibility will be there. Would be silly to not include that imo.

Cmpunk
07-09-2012, 02:04 AM
I don't remember. I know price wasn't mentioned. I can only imagine Backwards compatibility will be there. Would be silly to not include that imo.

Agreed. I'll be ready to buy it then after it comes out. If we are able to transfer our gamerscore via a hardrive and it offers a 720/360 game list on played games.. this sounds great!

infectedcrow
07-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Agreed. I'll be ready to buy it then after it comes out. If we are able to transfer our gamerscore via a hardrive and it offers a 720/360 game list on played games.. this sounds great!

This is my dream, but I'm going to assume they wont do it so I dont get disappointed...too much... if my 360 score is a wash at the 720 release

Bugzy
07-09-2012, 11:59 AM
This is my dream, but I'm going to assume they wont do it so I dont get disappointed...too much... if my 360 score is a wash at the 720 release

Gamertag features and functionality may change but scores and tags would still cross over. The backlash from not doing so would be immense (not just from the achievement-crowd but those who have built up reputations on specific gamertags etc).

FFFreak1129
07-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Seems like it. Just saw on the main page in the news that they might be remaking Halo 2. Its an easy way for them to make money as porting something over probably doesn't cost as much as making a brand new game.

Would I buy them? That depends on the game. If its a game that I missed out on that I wanted to play yeah probably. But if its a game that doesn't interest me much I will skip it.

mrj3d
07-09-2012, 12:18 PM
I like the idea of HD collections. I've been enjoying replaying older games again earning achievements.

AmbaLaBamba
07-09-2012, 12:44 PM
They need to get GTA Vice City and San Andreas done. Pronto.

Rums
07-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Morrowind and Dragon Quest 8, would be nice.

Cobra2k9
07-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Like most of you have already said, if it's a game i enjoyed the first time around then i would probably buy it again.

RuYi
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't purchase the game again if I have played and/or own the first version, but for games I have missed out on it would be interesting to look into.

Cobra2k9
07-09-2012, 05:37 PM
For the ones i've played already it would have to be something i really enjoyed. I haven't bought too many. The one i did buy was Halo anniversary because my original copy was stolen. The PS3 collections are mostly games i've never played.

cjdavies
07-09-2012, 05:57 PM
I hope for a re-release of The Getaway

rikib004
07-09-2012, 07:52 PM
There are TONNES of games I would love to see come to Xbox. Hundreds. Most won't sadly.

hydrosugar
07-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I would buy most re-releases of games I like, so long as they were modestly priced.

NoctisXZ
07-10-2012, 02:03 AM

What you want is not exactly what everyone else wants.. what would be wrong if developers pumped out more HD remakes even after the next generation console was released? I'll tell you what.. nothing.

See.. I'm not exactly looking forward to this new console if what you said about that document being legitimate is true. I honestly don't think we'll be seeing a lot/if any new IPs. especially after launch, at least in terms of exclusives.. it honestly might be time for me to jump ship.

If Sony can get their stuff together with their next console and add certain features that the Xbox already has I think I'll do just that. I'm not interested in the Kinect at all. It's just not there yet, and it probably won't be for a few years, in terms of being a viable/comfortable option for playing games. Smart Glass is absolutely uninteresting and pure gimmick.. and that document that was released awhile ago totally turned me off.

Adding new features to make the system more accessible is a great thing. But at this point Microsoft seems to be taking their eye so far off the ball that it's honestly baffling to me. Unless you're into the same 5 Xbox titles being pumped out, at least to me, you're being alienated.

Capturing a new audience is great.. but the amount of risk they're taking to do so is insane. No casual is going to go out and buy a $600+ system just to play certain games...

Sorry for that. Anyway.. HD remakes are a great thing, price considered. I'm still playing the Metal Gear Solid HD collection and haven't even started on Silent Hill or Devil May Cry. It is a slippery slope though.. a Halo 2 remake I'm not so excited for. Just re-release the multiplayer.. that's all anyone cares about anyway.

Wildmn34
07-10-2012, 02:14 AM
I just don't understand why people clamor for remakes of games instead of clamoring for new games. I mean really - make remakes to extend the life of a console? That's just complete backwards thinking in my opinion.

I want new games, new IP, etc. Not same old rehashed games that I played years ago.

yourbreakfast99
07-10-2012, 02:16 AM
I'd rather have new games

JimCant
07-10-2012, 02:18 AM
Can they just not make a new console...whats so wrong with the xbox360 I have??!! (other than that its not me giving MS $500 more...)

yourbreakfast99
07-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Can they just not make a new console...whats so wrong with the xbox360 I have??!! (other than that its not me giving MS $500 more...)

They better still let you keep playing XBOX 360 and have your profile linked to the next console

BabyZebruh
07-10-2012, 07:57 AM
I agree with breakfast !

my_box_72
07-10-2012, 08:11 AM

I definitely agree with Gackt on this ;)

kinoo1
07-10-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd love to see HD versions with achievements done for:
Halo 2
Morrowind
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.

Otherwise I don't really care for HD remakes

John SWFC
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I'd definitely have bought GTA San Andreas from the Marketplace if it'd had achievements put in.

Loved it on the PS2, but never bothered going for all the collectables and stuff because it just wasn't worth it.

Rums
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
I forgot about those, good call.

ChickinOnaChain
07-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Would I buy them? That depends on the game. If its a game that I missed out on that I wanted to play yeah probably. But if its a game that doesn't interest me much I will skip it.
Probably what my old friend Freak said. It'd have to one I really wanted and there's not many of them.

phot0Harv
07-10-2012, 08:34 PM
nope, wont buy them... rather spend my money in new games (arcade or retail)

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I'd love to see HD versions with achievements done for:
Morrowind

I would definitely buy these. I loved those games!

The Produca
07-11-2012, 04:21 AM
I wouldn't mind it. They've don't it with halo and plan on doing it again with halo 2.

Chris Recall
07-11-2012, 07:53 AM
If the Hitman collection comes out Im interested to see uf Blood money has same 360 achievements or a new set.