PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live to Play Major Role During E3 week!

Phaethon360
04-27-2006, 03:45 AM
The things being discussed about E3 '06 are phenominal. Things I would've never thought would happen in years.

Peter Moore's Pre-E3 chat (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10789/Peter-Moores-PreE3-Chat/)

Peter Moore had a quick chat with Xbox.com to talk about next month’s E3 expo, the Xbox 360 and the Xbox Live service. Regarding E3 2006, Moore revealed in this interview (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/events/e32006/articles/petermooreinterview.htm) that Microsoft plans to deliver special content to Xbox Live users during the expo:

"It is our goal to bring E3 home to Xbox Live members as best we can, all the videos and the news as quickly as possible," vowed Peter. "We will give you the flavor of what's going on, on the show floor and some of the stuff that we are showing and debuting here."
Xbox (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10789/Peter-Moores-PreE3-Chat/#).com then goes onto state that, "Xbox Live members should be able to play many of the demos that even the celebrities will be testing out at E3."

Also, let us not forget Xbox Live Gold will be free the entire week. Not only does it sound like a great marketing ploy, but also it'll give players the ability to play demos online that they might not be able to have taken part in otherwise (like the BF2MC, Outfit, and GRAW demos that were previously released).

Very exciting. A Lost Planet demo has already been confirmed by Capcom's pre-e3 trailer. I'm personally hoping for a taste of Mass Effect, Too Human, Gears of War, and to be greedy Halo 3:p. Atleast show us the trailer in HD (confirmed by Shane Kim in another article).

All I can say is I'm excited.

scoobydiesel
04-27-2006, 04:23 AM
this will be the perfect time to have shocking demos.....like gears of ar or something, but im very happy after lost planet thats cool

Segnius
04-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Sounds nice to me. I like the idea of having xbox live downloads involving things that are going on at e3. I'd like to actually be there, but I guess this is good.

Led
04-27-2006, 06:03 AM
Sounds nice to me. I like the idea of having xbox live downloads involving things that are going on at e3. I'd like to actually be there, but I guess this is good.

Agreed. It is nice that they support the Live community and continue to up the ante at every turn.

:woop:Maybe will get some new themes/pics from the upcoming games out it as well.:woop:

Krazie
04-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Sounds great.. hopefully theres some stuff to get our hands on.. :D

BucklingLeader
04-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Halo 3 demo baby!:D or maybe at least a trailer or something:p:uzi::bow:

g4m3r7ag
04-27-2006, 04:25 PM
if they make any of the trailers downloadable from the marketplace, it would be the halo 3 one, that thing wont leave the hard drive until the game comes out next year for most people.

Phaethon360
04-27-2006, 05:03 PM
If we get the majority of the stuff showed at E3 on live, then I would think they'll continue to do this for future E3s. Who knows? Maybe one day it'll be like sports. You like to go to a game once in a while, but ultimately you get better coverage on TV.

Just like during E3, while playing demos you normally get kicked off after one go, or a certain amount of time. Except at home, you don't kicked off (unless they do these demos like the dumb Kameo demo and put a time limit).

Krazie
04-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Halo 3 demo is the last of my concerns..

g4m3r7ag
04-28-2006, 12:25 AM
a demo is the last of my concerns as well, however a trailer, would kick ass

Phaethon360
04-28-2006, 01:22 AM
You both would rather have a trailer than a demo? Or is it that you guys believe that a demo is out of the question, and like me you'll take whatever bone Bungie throws out?

Krazie
04-28-2006, 03:39 AM
You both would rather have a trailer than a demo? Or is it that you guys believe that a demo is out of the question, and like me you'll take whatever bone Bungie throws out?

No, what I meant was, Halo 3 is the least of my concerns

The most over rated franchise of all time IMO.. The multiplayer is fun, of course, but i still dont see how people worship it.. There's plenty other games I'd rather play than Halo..

Not saying its a bad game, just saying its extremely over rated

Sarge McLarge
04-28-2006, 04:16 AM
What im interested in seeing is gameplay footage of Indiana Jones using the euphoria behavioral-simulation engine. From from what has been said and shown it has the potential to deliever some truly "Next Gen" AI. On the other hand it also has the potential to be the first big over hyped technology, we shall see...

Led
04-28-2006, 05:46 AM
No, what I meant was, Halo 3 is the least of my concerns

The most over rated franchise of all time IMO.. The multiplayer is fun, of course, but i still dont see how people worship it.. There's plenty other games I'd rather play than Halo..

Not saying its a bad game, just saying its extremely over rated

I couldn't agree more. I can't wait to see NEW games. I'm getting so tired of Halo. I still love to play it LAN, but only in small doses.

With Oblivion being a hit, I can't wait to see if there are any new FPS RPG's. I hope that is a trend that sticks.

Phaethon360
04-28-2006, 01:28 PM
I'd have to disagree with it being overrated. It's easily the FPS with the best controls on Xbox, and the multiplayer and matchmaking features have even inspired XBL on the 360. Friend lists and messages in particular.

Not to mention, for me, I like being able to fire up a game, and start playing it. Halo and Halo 2 had a fun campaigns, and Halo 2 had a quick multiplayer setup. I could start them up, and when I was done, I could save without worrying if I wasted all that time. Either way, it was fun.

Its a shame more games aren't like this other than arcade games. With GRAW, you're sneaking around half the time or using to cover to keep from being killed. So that to me is a game thats not much fun unless you have alot of time to spend setting up a position before you can start killing. Oblivion is more involved, because you go through involved quests, that may or may not take alot of time depending on which ones. Neither are as straight forward as Halo is to me.

Only thing that bothers me is the ignorance and idiocy that has filled the game. Halo 2 has become the 9yr olds and people with 9yr old minds' playground. I guess its because its so accessible and fun that anybody can play it...who knows. If Halo 3 gets these same issues, I can imagine not using my live subscription for the game.

Krazie
04-28-2006, 01:54 PM
I'd have to disagree with it being overrated. It's easily the FPS with the best controls on Xbox, and the multiplayer and matchmaking features have even inspired XBL on the 360. Friend lists and messages in particular.

Not to mention, for me, I like being able to fire up a game, and start playing it. Halo and Halo 2 had a fun campaigns, and Halo 2 had a quick multiplayer setup. I could start them up, and when I was done, I could save without worrying if I wasted all that time. Either way, it was fun.

Its a shame more games aren't like this other than arcade games. With GRAW, you're sneaking around half the time or using to cover to keep from being killed. So that to me is a game thats not much fun unless you have alot of time to spend setting up a position before you can start killing. Oblivion is more involved, because you go through involved quests, that may or may not take alot of time depending on which ones. Neither are as straight forward as Halo is to me.

Only thing that bothers me is the ignorance and idiocy that has filled the game. Halo 2 has become the 9yr olds and people with 9yr old minds' playground. I guess its because its so accessible and fun that anybody can play it...who knows. If Halo 3 gets these same issues, I can imagine not using my live subscription for the game.

It's a good series, but like I said, it's extremely overrated. I can come up with many games and series that are better than Halo, to me anyway. It just drives me crazy that people worship this series as much as they do..

k_dog
04-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Your argument is viable, and noted. The problem with Halo 2 is that the Online is crowded with the Emo's and Fuckin Nerds of the world.

Don't discredit me, mind you, I have competed in 11 MLG tournaments for Halo 2 and I have had my fair share of competition. And if there is one thing that annoys me, it's a 15 yr old Emo that thinks they are god a Halo yet they are garbage and because of that, they go and slit their wrists.

Halo has been getting old. It was fun for the first year, but after that (Modders, Boosting, Stand-By) it was horse shit.

I probably won't play another game of Halo on a professional level until Halo 3 is released.

So, you say Halo isn't overrated, I say it's been overrated since November 9th 2004.

Phaethon360
04-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Halo 1 is still the best campaign wise. Halo 2 is the best multiplayer wise. I don't worship the series, but it is a series I would like to see resolve itself. It doesn't have to keep going forever, but I'd atleast like a proper conclusion.

It's a good series, but like I said, it's extremely overrated. I can come up with many games and series that are better than Halo, to me anyway.

I agree, it is a good series. But list some of the games you find better, maybe we can agree on some because I don't have an engraved list of my fav videos games of all time :D (wish I did, it'd be helpful when going to the bargain bin for memories sake).

And if there is one thing that annoys me, it's a 15 yr old Emo that thinks they are god a Halo yet they are garbage and because of that, they go and slit their wrists. Halo has been getting old. It was fun for the first year, but after that (Modders, Boosting, Stand-By) it was horse shit.

I agree. But when things were good, they were great. I'm just hoping the series can go out with a bang, a bang that will kill all the cheaters and whiners in the process.

So, you say Halo isn't overrated, I say it's been overrated since November 9th 2004.

I think it deserves to be #1 most played game on Xbox Live. I think it deserves to be the topselling series on Xbox 1. I think it deserves a sequel. To me, the only thing that is overrated is its community now. In this case, I don't hate the game, I hate the players.

Led
04-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Halo 1 is still the best campaign wise. Halo 2 is the best multiplayer wise.

Half Life 2 is STILL the best campaign.:D Battelfield 2:MC is better than Halo 2 multiplayer wise, in my opinion. Yes, it also has its problems but no where near as many as Halo 2. I think that the friends list on Halo 2 is the best. Although, that's all that is the only thing that's best in it. C'mon, you can't pick your weapons or your map in a ranked or unranked game? You have to wait sometimes grrrr....like fifthteen minutes for matchmaking to set the game up, so the 9 year olds mentioned above can drop out? Oh, and let's not forget one of my personal favorites, derankers!:mad: Before you tell me I can pick the maps and weapons on a customized match, stop. I know I can, but when almost every FPS game out there let's you do it in a ranked game as well, Halo 2 isn't good enough.

I was a Halo worshipper for a very long time. Had the first Xbox day one and Halo 1 was the reason why. After I seen how they changed everything so drastically in Halo 2 i was disgusted. The addition of swords was a slap in the face to anyone who likes to actually aim there weapon. Not saying it can't be done with a scope, but it is much easier to get the sword and kill everyone the easy way. Most people know that, so it becomes a game about fighting over the sword.

For a very short while Halo 2 was redeemed for me. Team snipers was really nice. Everyone started with a sniper rifle and it wasn't ranked, so no waiting for a game. Then they made it ranked and here come the de rankers, 9 year old modders, longer waits, and drop outs! Gotta love it.:)

^oooh, Im going get flamed^ lmao

Phaethon360
04-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Half Life 2 is STILL the best campaign.:D Battelfield 2:MC is better than Halo 2 multiplayer wise, in my opinion. Yes, it also has its problems but no where near as many as Halo 2. I think that the friends list on Halo 2 is the best. Although, that's all that is the only thing that's best in it. C'mon, you can't pick your weapons or your map in a ranked or unranked game? You have to wait sometimes grrrr....like fifthteen minutes for matchmaking to set the game up, so the 9 year olds mentioned above can drop out? Oh, and let's not forget one of my personal favorites, derankers!:mad: Before you tell me I can pick the maps and weapons on a customized match, stop. I know I can, but when almost every FPS game out there let's you do it in a ranked game as well, Halo 2 isn't good enough.

I was a Halo worshipper for a very long time. Had the first Xbox day one and Halo 1 was the reason why. After I seen how they changed everything so drastically in Halo 2 i was disgusted. The addition of swords was a slap in the face to anyone who likes to actually aim there weapon. Not saying it can't be done with a scope, but it is much easier to get the sword and kill everyone the easy way. Most people know that, so it becomes a game about fighting over the sword.

For a very short while Halo 2 was redeemed for me. Team snipers was really nice. Everyone started with a sniper rifle and it wasn't ranked, so no waiting for a game. Then they made it ranked and here come the de rankers, 9 year old modders, longer waits, and drop outs! Gotta love it.:)

^oooh, Im going get flamed^ lmao

I hope you're refering to Half Life 2 on PC. Whatever the hell the put on Xbox was no way in any shape or form Half Life 2. It was Half Life Lite. I was really dissapointed considering how good Doom 3 looked in comparison. And I've never cared for BF2 on consoles, so I can't really make an argument.

I rarely ever take part in ranked matches or any competition as I don't have time to work up the skill require to deal with the junior high kids that can play the game nonstop it seems. Infact, maybe I like the game more because I only play with friends or go to LANs.

The sword is great if you use it right. And its fairly easy to take down the "n00bs" that just like to run around the map with the sword.

But to be honest, I can understand where you're coming from. For someone looking for different things in their game, they're obviously going to lean toward the games that provide an experience more their liking. I'm not an avid Live user, so I haven't really experienced online gaming like you have. I like things simple, so I guess thats why I like Halo 2. I'm pressed for time, so I'd rather eat a hamburger than a steak :D.

BucklingLeader
04-28-2006, 10:37 PM
speaking of Half-Life, Valve said they are developing games for the 360, so maybe we could get Counter Strike Source, Day of Defeat and some other games like that

and if the rumors of Oblivion going to PS3 and PSP are true, id like to see how they would fit it all on one UMD disc

Nukeshell
04-28-2006, 10:37 PM
A 2 minutes during trailer of Halo 3 will be shown at the E3. Don't expect a Demo on Markterplace, maybe the same trailer.

Helacool360
04-28-2006, 11:35 PM
A 2 minutes during trailer of Halo 3 will be shown at the E3. Don't expect a Demo on Markterplace, maybe the same trailer.

Atleast they are planning on showin something Halo 3:woop:

Led
04-29-2006, 05:44 AM
I hope you're refering to Half Life 2 on PC. Whatever the hell the put on Xbox was no way in any shape or form Half Life 2. It was Half Life Lite. I was really dissapointed considering how good Doom 3 looked in comparison. And I've never cared for BF2 on consoles, so I can't really make an argument.

I rarely ever take part in ranked matches or any competition as I don't have time to work up the skill require to deal with the junior high kids that can play the game nonstop it seems. Infact, maybe I like the game more because I only play with friends or go to LANs.

The sword is great if you use it right. And its fairly easy to take down the "n00bs" that just like to run around the map with the sword.

But to be honest, I can understand where you're coming from. For someone looking for different things in their game, they're obviously going to lean toward the games that provide an experience more their liking. I'm not an avid Live user, so I haven't really experienced online gaming like you have. I like things simple, so I guess thats why I like Halo 2. I'm pressed for time, so I'd rather eat a hamburger than a steak :D.

Yeah, PC version is the best FPS campaign i've ever played. I never played the xbox version. I got the 360 and just wanted to play new 360 games.:woop:

Led
04-29-2006, 05:46 AM
speaking of Half-Life, Valve said they are developing games for the 360, so maybe we could get Counter Strike Source, Day of Defeat and some other games like that

and if the rumors of Oblivion going to PS3 and PSP are true, id like to see how they would fit it all on one UMD disc

CSS and DOD 360 would be great!

Sarge McLarge
04-29-2006, 06:20 AM

I believe they have already commented on those rumors by saying they had no plans of releasing Oblivion on anything other than PC and Xbox 360.

Phaethon360
05-02-2006, 06:02 PM
The English Press Release:

Xbox (http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=439295#) Live Invites All Global Gamers to Jump In to the E3 experience

London, 2nd May, 2006 - For the first time ever, Xbox brings E3 – the biggest video game (http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=439295#) event of the year – to the people, by inviting the world to engage in the full Xbox Live experience free for an entire week.

From 8th May at 08:01 GMT until Monday 15th May at 07:59 GMT, connected gamers can access the best of E3 content, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer on Xbox Live Marketplace, the playable demo of Capcom’s Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and Game with Fame multiplayer sessions live from the floor with celebrities like Dave Navarro (Panic Channel), Method Man and Jenny McCarthy.

During E3 week, Xbox 360 fans will be able to download game demos and trailers from the hottest E3 titles and experience them in high definition. Over 60 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers this week including:

Playable game demos and/or trailers from highly anticipated titles like:
Test Drive: Unlimited (Atari)
Moto GP™ ’06 (THQ)
Crackdown (Microsoft Game Studios)
Dead or Alive® : Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)
The Lord of the Rings ™, The Battle for Middle Earth™ II (EA Los Angeles)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)
Sonic the Hedgehog (http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=439295#) (Sega)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent ™ (Ubisoft)
Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)
Plus a flood of HD trailers from games that have yet to be announced
Call of Duty®2 – New Multiplayer Map Packs (Activision)
The release of UNO on Xbox Live Arcade
Game with Fame celebrity gaming sessions with stars like Jenny McCarthy, Method Man and Panic Channel (Featuring Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, Chris Chaney and Steve Isaacs).
Play and Win contests with the latest Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade titles
Exclusive high-definition blockbuster movie trailer downloads
Limited edition E3 Gamerpics and Themes
A Backstage Pass to see developers preparing for E3

Read that here (http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=439295).

g4m3r7ag
05-02-2006, 08:36 PM
6 more days, cant wait

omega255
05-03-2006, 02:25 PM
dude im so excited im going crazy waiting for this shit omg!!!!!!!:Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: does anyone know if the exclusive gamer e3 pics will be free or should i go out and by some more microsoft points??????????????????????????????????

kRaZyNeSs
05-03-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm excited as well. Xbox Live Gold Free week too ;)

BucklingLeader
05-03-2006, 07:18 PM
so does that mean were getting uno for free? im guessing no..

Led
05-03-2006, 07:24 PM
That is great!