PDA

View Full Version : About how long after release do acrade games go on DOTW?

skatemore
07-10-2012, 08:15 AM
On WP7 it is almost guaranteed that between 1.5 and 3 months after a game's release it will be Deal of the Week.

I don't keep up with Xbox Live Arcade games though and was just wondering if the same is true for arcade games. The main reason is because I want to get the new Tony Hawk HD game but dont really want to pay $15 for just 7 maps, especially when DLC is already scheduled!

Anyone have a guess for about how long Ill have to wait until it hits DotW, should I just quit being cheap

DecadentBeaver
07-10-2012, 08:25 AM
I've no idea, a lot of the time, its just the same stuff the gets rotated on DotW. If its a game I really want, I'll fork out for it, if I'm content to wait, I will in case its on sale.

If THPS is something you really want, and will sink a lot of hrs into, go ahead and buy it. I was feeling the same about Minecraft, as 1600msp seemed quite steep, so after 2 weeks, I bought it. I've seriously got my value for money. Its currently my most played game since Skyrim came out in November.

AmbaLaBamba
07-10-2012, 08:29 AM
I haven't seen much 'new stuff' being put on DotW in a long, long time. As the user above has said it's mostly the same old stuff on rotation: Boarderlands, Call of Duty, GTA IV etc. If you're planning on playing the game all I can say is get it sooner rather than later, I'm pretty sure that it wont be on DotW for a while yet... or it may never be.

Sarsage
07-10-2012, 08:38 AM
From Dust was in last year's Summer Of Arcade and was only in DoTW a couple of weeks ago. I think you should just go ahead and buy it unless you want to wait a year.

Hagane
07-10-2012, 11:05 AM
From Dust was in last year's Summer Of Arcade and was only in DoTW a couple of weeks ago. I think you should just go ahead and buy it unless you want to wait a year.

If I remember correctly, I think it got discounted a bit earlier before this last sale. :/ Not sure when though... (Might've been around the X-Mas sales?)

OT: Generally, I'd probably say around six to eight months for an initial discount... but there's more than one factor regarding a "price-drop", or a sale of some kind. Two examples that pop into my head immediately are Super Meat Boy (which had a 33% discount on release, then was bumped back up to full price a few weeks later), and Anomaly Warzone Earth (which was released in early April, and was heavily discounted in less than three months due to various factors; the prime "hidden" one was that it didn't sell so well for the original price... but it was also part of an Indie games sale).

So aside from such factors... I would stick to my original ETA of around 6-8 months? For your case of a Summer of Arcade game; there's a good chance that it'll get discounted in December with some other X-Mas sales. :woop:

Akuza
07-10-2012, 11:21 AM
It can go up the following week

It's up to the developers if they wanna drop the price straight away

SilvereX
07-10-2012, 11:48 AM
It can go up the following week

It's up to the developers if they wanna drop the price straight away

I was under the impression that the developers had no say in when their game goes DotW.

hydrosugar
07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I suppose the one good thing about having a backlog is that these games are on sale by the time you get around to them.

mrj3d
07-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I suppose the one good thing about having a backlog is that these games are on sale by the time you get around to them.

Ya, this applies to me a lot.

I thought they went on sale if they weren't selling, like most things in society. Minecraft probably won't be on sale for a long long time lol. I could be wrong though. :)

skatemore
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM
I appreciate the responses everyone. Sounds like Ill just go ahead and fork over the full price for this and the DLC as well!

Hard to say I wont feel atleast a little bit screwed considering I have purchased every Tony Hawk game ever new (except for Tony Hawk Shred) but the feeling will probably go away the first time I roll into the ware house and ollie through the glass over the half pipe [:

Zypn
07-12-2012, 11:15 PM
It does suck, but there are some hardcore players that have been waiting for this. I think in the long run it will be worth it. You should add your name to the GameFaqs Sticka slap...

>>>Linky (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652996-tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd/63155998)<<<

I'm trying to get a more localized leaderboard and steer away from cheaters. Also, just to have familiar names to skate/improve with.

My GT is Zypn if you want to add me. (I had to come out of hiding and post just for this, lol)