PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Characters/DLC

Shadowmagick
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know if there are codes for the bonus characters? I've beaten the game but would like to play with the extra charcaters as well. I don't have XBox Live and don't plan on wasting my money to get it any time soon.

Big Stoz
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Bonus Characters ? are you refering to the user creatable ones (just invented a new word I think) ? there are no bonus characters I'm aware of and as a rule they don't release patches or fixes for Lego games so thinking there will be DLC is talking like a complete mad person.

bLaKgRaVy
07-11-2012, 03:10 PM
He's talking about the Heroes and Villains DLC packs that were retail pre-order bonuses, Big Stoz. Don't speak unless you know what you're talking about...

They don't release "traditional" DLC with achievements like multiplayer or story missions, but have released character packs after the fact. They did that with Star Wars II, Harry Potter 2 and Batman 2. Actually, they also released a Spell Pack for HP 2.

Xbox.com has since taken down the character pack for SW II, but the HP 2 ones are still available. The Batman 2 packs have not been made available on Xbox.com as of yet.

Answer to your question, there are no codes available for free; they were pre-order bonuses. The Villains pack was for EB/Gamestop and the Heroes one was at Best Buy (both in the USA). I don't know which retailers carried them internationally.

If you are a member of the Power Up club for Gamestop (and have enough points), you can "purchase" the Villains pack for 2000 points. Otherwise, you will have to go to eBay for both of them. Ask yourself, is it really worth paying $20 for each of them, which is the average price for what they are currently going for on eBay?

THE Mr Fill
07-12-2012, 04:58 AM
Just so you know, the Heroes were available in Europe for pre-orders, but the Villains aren't (unless you buy the code from eBay)

For the characters, you still need to have an Xbox Live account as it has to download the DLC (even though the character models are probably already in the game)

The list of characters is as follows :-
Heroes:
Nightwing
Katana
Captain Marvel (mis-labelled as Shazam)
Zatanna
Damian Wayne

Villains:
Bizarro
Captain Cold
Black Adam
Black Manta
Gorilla Grodd

mailmanchris
07-23-2012, 08:56 AM
As of today, the 2 packs have been released in the US for 160 msp each.

The list of characters is as follows :-
Heroes:
Nightwing
Katana
Captain Marvel (mis-labelled as Shazam)
Zatanna
Damian Wayne

Villains:
Bizarro
Captain Cold
Black Adam
Black Manta
Gorilla Grodd

Point of Order: it's not mis-labelled for Shazam. As of the reboot, DC only refers to him as Shazam. The name Captain Marvel has been retconned and is now verboten.

introvertpoet
02-28-2014, 06:11 AM
I guess they'll never make this free DLC, huh? It would have been fun to play as these characters, but I don't know if it's worth the price.