PDA

View Full Version : Read and React Achievement

BladeMDP
07-11-2012, 07:52 PM
You can only get this achievement in RTG mode, in that this is the only option to be a defensive player and utilize Reaction Time.

Here's how I got it:

Went to Texas' Roster and maxed out the SS on all appropriate attributes (remember to max out his catching attributes too, not just his defensive ones). Also changed his height to 7'0". I also maxed out the attributes for the starting RB. Obviously save the roster.

Start up RTG choosing to use existing player. Choose that SS for Texas that you just maxed out. Set it to Freshman difficulty level. Also set your interception slider to 100. For the AI, set pass blocking to 100. I also bumped down passing accuracy to 40.

Now, I went to practice. It could be just coincidence, but because I maxed out the RB, the majority of the plays were run through the RB. I crept up to the line of scrimmage, looking for a screen pass to the RB. After about 10 reps, they ran several screen plays in a row. As you see the pass going to the RB, simultaneously run to intercept it as you hold the LT down to turn on the Reaction Time. If you intercept it, the achievement pops.

NOTE: There were other things I had done in preparation for working on this achievement. Texas first opponent is Wyoming. When editing the rosters at the beginning, I also had went to the Wyoming roster, lowered the speed attribute for all WRs to 60, lowered the arm strength attribute for all QBs to 60, and then lastly maxed out the pass blocking attributes for all the starting offensive lineman (the premise behind all of that is to make wide receivers slow, the quarterback throw weak passes, yet their offensive line block great, to cut down on the chances of a sack). But, it never came to playing that first game since I unlocked it in practice.

Hope this helps.

yourbreakfast99
07-11-2012, 07:54 PM
This sounds like it will work

Falchion17
07-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Great guide. I'll try this as soon as I get home since this one has been frustrating me.

BladeMDP
07-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I tried it with high school player, didn't even come close. Tried it this way, I got it within minutes.

bleednornge72
07-11-2012, 08:22 PM
this sounds brilliant but lucky. thanks for sharing

CaRo
07-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I tried it with high school player, didn't even come close. Tried it this way, I got it within minutes.

Thanks for the heads up! Need to get this achievement to finish the game off soon.

Rep
07-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Tried this several times on a different profile to see if it'll unlock, but it never worked for me. Are you sure you unlocked it in a Practice of RTG? I have intercepted 3 passes all in reaction time and the achievement never unlocked. Even tried staying in reaction time until the play was completely over but no luck. Doing the same that I had done in a game and it unlocked fine there.

BladeMDP
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
100 percent positive I did it in practice - I started off in the middle of the field, they were basically doing running plays. I saw them do a screen pass to the running back. At that point, I moved up to the line of scrimmage, waiting for another screen pass attempt. 2 reps later, there it was. So, it was after about 12 reps that it happened. I know it may have been just "sheer luck," however, I did want to share how I got it.

Rep
07-11-2012, 10:59 PM
100 percent positive I did it in practice - I started off in the middle of the field, they were basically doing running plays. I saw them do a screen pass to the running back. At that point, I moved up to the line of scrimmage, waiting for another screen pass attempt. 2 reps later, there it was. So, it was after about 12 reps that it happened. I know it may have been just "sheer luck," however, I did want to share how I got it.

Yup, I have tried the method that you've posted and it worked fine. However, the achievement did not unlock. Not sure why since I was holding reaction time since the play had started, and until the play was completely finished.

BladeMDP
07-11-2012, 11:32 PM
I wonder if it's tied to you using the reaction time from the moment the play starts. When I got it, the play started I saw the screen pass developing, ran towards the running back, and I didn't start using reaction time until right before I intercepted the pass, and when I intercepted it, it immediately popped.

HugTheBear
07-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Gonna try this either tonite or tomorrow. I'll post on here again whether the achievement popped in practice or not

Rep
07-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I wonder if it's tied to you using the reaction time from the moment the play starts. When I got it, the play started I saw the screen pass developing, ran towards the running back, and I didn't start using reaction time until right before I intercepted the pass, and when I intercepted it, it immediately popped.

Yeah, that may be the problem. I'll have to give it another try later tonight when I'm free. But like I said, the method that you've provided to get an interception works great. I still think that the playcalling is random, though. I got mostly draw plays back and forth and only a couple of screen passes.

I added this and your little trick/method on convincing the homesick player into the guide. I have yet to try the method for the homesick player, however, I did try something similar to that and had no luck. I guess we'll see when I get another chance to play tonight!

Again, thanks for the help. :)

BladeMDP
07-12-2012, 01:11 AM
no problem, let me know if it works for you. :)

bleednornge72
07-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Again, i can confirm that homesick worked perfect with the Hawaii method.

I tried your read and react method and it did not pop for me in the practice mode. Really disappointing but I'll keep trying it because it makes perfect sense.

King Gunsling
07-12-2012, 06:16 AM
First off thanks for posting the method. For four hours I've working on this achievement. I've sat through the scout offence in practice running it 24/25 plays and watching Wyoming's quarterback decide to tuck it and run rather than throw it up. My only chance for an interception has been when they actually throw it deep and whenever that happens I get in position and watch as a teammate of mine runs out of nowhere and steals it from me. That being said, and four hours later, I've been able to intercept the ball using reaction time five times in RTG practice and once in an RTG game using this method and the achievement never unlocked. Still, thanks for sharing. It seems to be working for others.

EDIT: Two more hours down, five successful attempts. I cleared my cache, made fresh saves on memory units, did this five more times and still no achievement.

xMidget_Furyx
07-12-2012, 06:18 AM
This achievement is going to piss me off I just know it

Legendkilla20
07-12-2012, 07:06 AM
First off thanks for posting the method. For four hours I've working on this achievement. I've sat through the scout offence in practice running it 24/25 plays and watching Wyoming's quarterback decide to tuck it and run rather than throw it up. My only chance for an interception has been when they actually throw it deep and whenever that happens I get in position and watch as a teammate of mine runs out of nowhere and steals it from me. That being said, and four hours later, I've been able to intercept the ball using reaction time five times in RTG practice and once in an RTG game using this method and the achievement never unlocked. Still, thanks for sharing. It seems to be working for others.

I been at this for about two hours now no luck still going on doing practice mode the first week if i fail i back out and load up the save from begining of first practice

bleednornge72
07-12-2012, 12:42 PM
I intercepted two screen passes in practice with this method and I never got the achievement. I played about (5) games against Wyoming and had multiple footballs bounce off my hands. Amazing how all 99 cant catch a ball in hands...

Legendkilla20
07-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Woooooooo finally got this achievement yay used the method above and got in practice mode on my 5th interception after 8 hours but I found a trick anytime I was close to the qb or RB and intercepted nothing happened so what I did was dumb the speed and acceleration of all the strong safeties free safeties and cornerbacks and waited till the qb threw a hail Mary none of defenders even came close and I was standing in the end zone all by myself and the qb throwing me a gift lol so if u want to try this as well if you are stuck it might help if u need more info message me on xbl legendkilla20

Now all I got left is highlight of the year achievement which I can't get cause I have no hard drive only 4 gig console which will not let u get this achievement can anyone confirm if they got it using a USB ?

bleednornge72
07-12-2012, 05:26 PM
This worked! Second game of the year (in practice) the QB kept throwing it to the same spot in the endzone. I stood in the exact spot and hit LT then Y and BAM...1000G.

Thanks to everyone for their input on getting this frustrating cheevo

HugTheBear
07-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Got it just now in practice using the OPs method. Thanks Blade.

R Miller 69
07-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Why do you edit the RB?

Rep
07-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Why do you edit the RB?

Now, I went to practice. It could be just coincidence, but because I maxed out the RB, the majority of the plays were run through the RB. I crept up to the line of scrimmage, looking for a screen pass to the RB. After about 10 reps, they ran several screen plays in a row. As you see the pass going to the RB, simultaneously run to intercept it as you hold the LT down to turn on the Reaction Time. If you intercept it, the achievement pops.

You don't necessarily have to do it.

Zacry072
07-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I'd like to see someone make a video of this, or something. I can't even come close to getting this.

HugTheBear
07-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Why do you edit the RB?

I didn't do that part & got it without an issue.

Bbrit1776
07-13-2012, 01:19 AM
It worked for me. I used it on my ps3. It unlocked midway down the field while I was still in the Reaction Time and took it in for an uncredited Touchdown :).

hogs77777
07-13-2012, 01:44 AM
After 2 1/2 hours finally got this. :woop:

Bishop24
07-13-2012, 03:45 AM
Tried for a few hours to get this achievement and actually intercepted two passes using reaction time (in practice) and never received the achievement. As previously stated by someone, I wish someone would make a video because obviously I'm doing something wrong.

bennifer3000
07-13-2012, 01:23 PM
I got pretty lucky. Only took 4 drives or so. Roughly 10 minutes.

BladeMDP
07-13-2012, 01:26 PM
I've talked to several people that have unlocked it, it seems we've all done it the same way, which is, don't activate the reaction time until right before you intercept the ball. Alot of people that I have talked to that have NOT gotten it, they were activating the reaction time the second the play started.

bleednornge72
07-13-2012, 02:00 PM
I activated reaction time at the same time i pressed Y to intercept the ball. The method where you stand in the endzone ( about right hash on defense) and wait for the QB to pretty much hail mary it. Do all the edits to the offense and defensive roster that have previously been explained. I think knocking down the speed of the DBs and WRs is critical so you are the only one standing there to intercept. It should pop immediately once you make the catch.

Blitzer88
07-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Just got this achievement now! So happy I got it, was really worried that this would become an achievement that would be one that was almost impossible to get since the cpu never seems to throw your way.

He15man
07-14-2012, 05:47 AM
I guess i got pretty lucky, I used the suggestions of what the OP said with the Texas safety, 7'0" and all the sliders and i got the achievement in the first quarter of my first game as Texas against WYO.

Took it to the house too.

Thanks for the help, i got it relatively lucky which is pretty lucky.

CaRu
07-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Finally! Got it and completed NCAA 13 :) Thanks a bunch for the guide man, it really did help though I did a few thing different. You said in yours you intercepted the HB Screen pass. What I did, was I edited my SS as you did then I took the speed down to 0-10 on each CB, SS and FS because I had many times where I would INT it but someone would get in the way. So once I took their speed down the QB threw one deep and it was just me and a WR. Easy pick and achievement!

Bishop24
07-16-2012, 03:05 AM
After intercepting not 1, not 2, not 3, but 7 total passes, I have come to the conclusion that something is up with this achievement. I have used reaction time while the ball is in the air, right after the ball was snapped, and right before catching it -- yet still, I have not unlocked the achievement. Ridiculous how many times I have actually done the requirements for the achievement.

jmowen
07-16-2012, 09:08 AM
After intercepting not 1, not 2, not 3, but 7 total passes, I have come to the conclusion that something is up with this achievement. I have used reaction time while the ball is in the air, right after the ball was snapped, and right before catching it -- yet still, I have not unlocked the achievement. Ridiculous how many times I have actually done the requirements for the achievement.

I have read that if you have some saves that are corrupted, it will disable to the trophy. No idea why. Try going through all your files for the game and see if there's any 'Corrupted' saves and delete them and then try to go for the trophy.

JMNELSON
07-16-2012, 01:13 PM
For people having trouble with this achievement, I posted this solution on TA:

Here I am going to try and provide you a way to ensure that you get the achievement when you get the interception. It took me two interceptions, and I found at why.

First, I will tell you the way I got the achievement. I created a player for RTG and started him in high school. I made him a CB, any changed his height to 7'0. I went and changed:

- Difficulty to Freshman
- Interceptions to 100
- QB Throwing Accuracy to 45

Start up the first game of the season and start running plays. DO NOT MANUALLY COVER THE RECEIVER/TIGHT END, have the CPU do the coverage for you. Once you see the orange circle where the ball is thrown hold LT, and once the ball is close hit Y. This is the key to the achievement. Like the achievement "Tire Fire Offense," EA kind of hides the meaning of what you have to do in the achievement. Before I got the achievement, I got an interception using reaction time, and it didn't pop.

The way to get the achievement is AS SOON AS THE QB RELEASES THE BALL, go into reaction time. Don't let the QB pass it and wait until the last second, that is what I did on my first interception and it didn't pop. Don't do it from the start of the play, because that way I've heard is more consistent. I am not saying that those two ways to react reaction time don't work, but waiting for the QB to release the ball will give you a much higher chance of intercepting the ball.

Good luck!

Bishop24
07-16-2012, 03:32 PM
I have read that if you have some saves that are corrupted, it will disable to the trophy. No idea why. Try going through all your files for the game and see if there's any 'Corrupted' saves and delete them and then try to go for the trophy.

Had no corrupted saves, so that's not the problem.

For people having trouble with this achievement, I posted this solution on TA:

Here I am going to try and provide you a way to ensure that you get the achievement when you get the interception. It took me two interceptions, and I found at why.

First, I will tell you the way I got the achievement. I created a player for RTG and started him in high school. I made him a CB, any changed his height to 7'0. I went and changed:

- Difficulty to Freshman
- Interceptions to 100
- QB Throwing Accuracy to 45

Start up the first game of the season and start running plays. DO NOT MANUALLY COVER THE RECEIVER/TIGHT END, have the CPU do the coverage for you. Once you see the orange circle where the ball is thrown hold LT, and once the ball is close hit Y. This is the key to the achievement. Like the achievement "Tire Fire Offense," EA kind of hides the meaning of what you have to do in the achievement. Before I got the achievement, I got an interception using reaction time, and it didn't pop.

The way to get the achievement is AS SOON AS THE QB RELEASES THE BALL, go into reaction time. Don't let the QB pass it and wait until the last second, that is what I did on my first interception and it didn't pop. Don't do it from the start of the play, because that way I've heard is more consistent. I am not saying that those two ways to react reaction time don't work, but waiting for the QB to release the ball will give you a much higher chance of intercepting the ball.

Good luck!

I did exactly this and intercepted the ball. I received no achievement. I am now officially done going after this achievement.

DarkManX
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Had no corrupted saves, so that's not the problem.

I did exactly this and intercepted the ball. I received no achievement. I am now officially done going after this achievement.
I feel your pain too man. I've intercepted 17 passes some before the the ball was even thrown in the air, right after the ball was thrown, and right before I was about to catch it. This achievement is so glitchy for some people. I've had it too I'm done with this game, it just won't unlock.

BLOOdREDkN7GHT
07-17-2012, 01:56 AM
i too had some trouble with this one, got two picks using reaction time and no achievement, but i was pressing LT at the start of the play. went back and choose a team with an air raid offense (texas tech) and edit stats for a CB (max everything) and played with the offensive stats so the QB and WRs suck and the O-line is good (no sacks). then just went into practice and let the cpu control my CB until I saw the ball coming at me, pressed LT while the ball was in the air and Y a second later to catch it, achievement popped, 1000G

DarkManX
07-17-2012, 02:40 PM
This achievement is definitely glitched for many people. We all need to let EA know about this, even though they most likely won't do anything about it.

A Blown Penguin
07-17-2012, 04:51 PM
this achievement is so frustrating!!

windycitywarrior71
07-19-2012, 09:39 AM
It's not glitched at all. I got it in my third game covering the Tailback as a Mike. You have to go into reaction time right before you pick it off. I used literally 0.2 of a second of reaction time to intercept the pass. It's unlocking for many don't say it's glitched when you just can't get it!

DarkManX
07-19-2012, 02:12 PM
It's not glitched at all. I got it in my third game covering the Tailback as a Mike. You have to go into reaction time right before you pick it off. I used literally 0.2 of a second of reaction time to intercept the pass. It's unlocking for many don't say it's glitched when you just can't get it!
I've intercepted 19 passes. I've intercepted passes while starting reaction time right when the ball is snapped, right when the ball is in the air, and right before I'm about to catch it. In order for it to unlock it has to be something specific you have to do and is almost impossible to do for some.

King Gunsling
07-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I've intercepted 19 passes. I've intercepted passes while starting reaction time right when the ball is snapped, right when the ball is in the air, and right before I'm about to catch it. In order for it to unlock it has to be something specific you have to do and is almost impossible to do for some.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've done it several times as well and it never unlocked. I've also done it on four different memory sources (hard drive, 2 mem units, one built in memory) and still nothing. People can say that we're not doing it right, but when I've done everything that other people have said they did to unlock it clearly that's not the case. I e-mailed EA about this and they said that:

"Having reviewed your Email, I understand that "Read and React" is not unlocking for you. I know that when you put so many efforts and don't get the achievement, it proves disappointed.

Please let me share that stats and game progress are maintained on server and sometimes take time to get synchronized with game. Please have some patience because it's a temporary issue and will fix soon automatically."

Yes, I'm mad. Don't try to troll me.

colindidit
07-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Finally got it after a few hours, edited all the defensive backs down and just ran to the end zone and hoping to get lucky, waited til I stood on orange ring to enter reaction time and got it!

DarkManX
07-20-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I've done it several times as well and it never unlocked. I've also done it on four different memory sources (hard drive, 2 mem units, one built in memory) and still nothing. People can say that we're not doing it right, but when I've done everything that other people have said they did to unlock it clearly that's not the case. I e-mailed EA about this and they said that:

"Having reviewed your Email, I understand that "Read and React" is not unlocking for you. I know that when you put so many efforts and don't get the achievement, it proves disappointed.

Please let me share that stats and game progress are maintained on server and sometimes take time to get synchronized with game. Please have some patience because it's a temporary issue and will fix soon automatically."

Yes, I'm mad. Don't try to troll me.
I'll be shocked if they actually fix this.

bLaKgRaVy
07-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Found this in the PS3T.org forum. A few people posted and said it worked, I haven't personally tried it yet.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/2902566-post54.html

Finally got it. For those who are having trouble this is what I did:

1. Pick Texas Tech and edit a CB's stats to 99 for everything in Edit Roster under Team Management. Make him 7'0.
2. Edit QB's throwing power to 0.
3. Edit ALL OTHER CBs, FSs, and SSs to 0 for Catching, Spectacular Catch, Catch in Traffic, and Jumping. Also make them 5'5. (You don't want to almost catch the ball just to have one of your annoying CPU teammates catch it.)
4. Edit ALL OTHER WRs to 0 Jumping and Catch in Traffic. For Speed, Agility, and Acceleration, I decreased their stats to under 40 to make their overall 40. Also make them 5'5.
5. Start RTG mode. Make it Freshman difficulty with 100 Interception for User and 0 for everything CPU except Pass Blocking. Make that 100 (Prevents Sacks). Save RTG.
6. Do practice mode and don't touch the controller. Let the computer do all the movement for you. When the QB makes a pass in your direction, hold L2 (:ltbut: on the 360) and press http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/Triangle18x18.png (:ybut: on the 360).

Because you edited everyone else's Jumping and Catch stats to 0 and height to 5'5, no one should interfere with you catching the ball. I got the trophy about 8 plays into practice the first time I tried going for the trophy with these adjustments. Good luck and happy hunting! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/happydance.gif

JackBauer24
07-21-2012, 06:12 PM
I thought of going in and editing a team's offensive playbook to all Hail Mary's, but it doesn't work. I've played 10 games so far as a CB and another 5 as a S and have had a total of 1 ball thrown my way. I've tried everything and this stupid QB keeps throwing it away from my direction. Seriously, does EA expect us to play this terrible mode for a year before we get it? Maybe next year they can add in a, "Recover a fumble, intercept the ball, and score a TD in one game." Achievement.

Also, why are people picking Texas Tech? When I chose them, all the do is run the ball 20 out of the 25 plays.

Graham31004
07-22-2012, 12:50 AM
I tried this like the guide said and it didn't work for me after 2+ hours of trying. I tried what "BLOOdREDkN7GHT" suggested and got it on the first practice. Thanks for the tip man!

windycitywarrior71
07-22-2012, 08:23 AM
I'll be shocked if they actually fix this.

I'd be shocked as well considering there is nothing wrong with it. You have to go into reaction time after the ball is thrown. I had 1 pick and it unlocked. You don't need to do all this crazy stuff like edit the whole team and make a Shaq sized SS did this in a normal RTG play through. Play the screen and back every play and you will get it much, much faster!

goothgone
07-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Found this in the PS3T.org forum. A few people posted and said it worked, I haven't personally tried it yet.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/2902566-post54.html (http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/2902566-post54.html)

Quote:

1. Pick Texas Tech and edit a CB's stats to 99 for everything in Edit Roster under Team Management. Make him 7'0.
3. Edit ALL OTHER CBs, FSs, and SSs to 0 for Catching, Spectacular Catch, Catch in Traffic, and Jumping. Also make them 5'5. (You don't want to almost catch the ball just to have one of your annoying CPU teammates catch it.)
4. Edit ALL OTHER WRs to 0 Jumping and Catch in Traffic. For Speed, Agility, and Acceleration, I decreased their stats to under 40 to make their overall 40. Also make them 5'5.
5. Start RTG mode. Make it Freshman difficulty with 100 Interception for User and 0 for everything CPU except Pass Blocking. Make that 100 (Prevents Sacks). Save RTG.
6. Do practice mode and don't touch the controller. Let the computer do all the movement for you. When the QB makes a pass in your direction, hold L2 (:ltbut: on the 360) and press http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/Triangle18x18.png (:ybut: on the 360).

Because you edited everyone else's Jumping and Catch stats to 0 and height to 5'5, no one should interfere with you catching the ball. I got the trophy about 8 plays into practice the first time I tried going for the trophy with these adjustments. Good luck and happy hunting! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/happydance.gifl (http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/2902566-post54.html)

works for me

ecs2006
07-22-2012, 08:58 PM

There is a difference between glitched and unattainable. From Wikipedia: In video games, a glitch is a programming error which results in behavior not intended by the programmers.

This achievement is glitchy since it does not always unlock when you intercept a pass while using Reaction Time.

kiskit
07-22-2012, 10:14 PM
You can only get this achievement in RTG mode, in that this is the only option to be a defensive player and utilize Reaction Time.

Here's how I got it:

Went to Texas' Roster and maxed out the SS on all appropriate attributes (remember to max out his catching attributes too, not just his defensive ones). Also changed his height to 7'0". I also maxed out the attributes for the starting RB. Obviously save the roster.

Start up RTG choosing to use existing player. Choose that SS for Texas that you just maxed out. Set it to Freshman difficulty level. Also set your interception slider to 100. For the AI, set pass blocking to 100. I also bumped down passing accuracy to 40.

NOTE: There were other things I had done in preparation for working on this achievement. Texas first opponent is Wyoming. When editing the rosters at the beginning, I also had went to the Wyoming roster, lowered the speed attribute for all WRs to 60, lowered the arm strength attribute for all QBs to 60, and then lastly maxed out the pass blocking attributes for all the starting offensive lineman (the premise behind all of that is to make wide receivers slow, the quarterback throw weak passes, yet their offensive line block great, to cut down on the chances of a sack). But, it never came to playing that first game since I unlocked it in practice.

Hope this helps.

This is basically how I got the achievement as well. I couldn't get anything thrown my way in the first week of practice. In the first game of the season which Texas plays versus Wyoming who does throw the ball often, I almost had a pick in the 2nd qtr. Somehow one of my own teammates cut in front just b4 I snagged it (even tho I decreased his receiving skills and jump all to 0, plus made all my DB's 5'5'' & my guy 7'0" with 99's across the board). It was a controller throwing moment to be sure! ;)

Just when I resigned myself to the fact I'd try it in next practice or rethink my strategy luck came my way. The score was 28-12 with 50 seconds left. The Wyoming QB threw a Hail Mary inside the 10 yrd line. One of my 5-5 guys nearly pulled that one down as well but luckily I was able to outleap my teammate and come down with the INT & the cheevo unlocked. Another 100%! Yay!

xMidget_Furyx
07-23-2012, 06:02 AM
So far I've done this 3 times and no achievement.

xMidget_Furyx
07-23-2012, 08:26 AM
I'd be shocked as well considering there is nothing wrong with it. You have to go into reaction time after the ball is thrown. I had 1 pick and it unlocked. You don't need to do all this crazy stuff like edit the whole team and make a Shaq sized SS did this in a normal RTG play through. Play the screen and back every play and you will get it much, much faster!
I've done this 3 times without editing anything. Played the entire season won the national title even still no achievement. So I would say there is something wrong with it. Not going into reaction time until I know where the ball was going even. Ran 2 of them back.

xMidget_Furyx
07-23-2012, 09:08 AM
I've done this 10 times now never starting the reaction time until he throws the ball and still nothing.

xMidget_Furyx
07-24-2012, 08:06 AM

This did it for me first practice. I used a FS because I had already adjusted his stats from a previous attempt. on the 13th play in practice it unlocked I waited until the ball was on the way down before activating Read and react.:woop:p.s. this was done in practice mode as well.

However with that said this achievement is still bullshit. I picked off 12 fucking passes before it unlocked.

Thulgrum
07-26-2012, 02:13 AM
This did it for me first practice. I used a FS because I had already adjusted his stats from a previous attempt. on the 13th play in practice it unlocked I waited until the ball was on the way down before activating Read and react.:woop:p.s. this was done in practice mode as well.

However with that said this achievement is still bullshit. I picked off 12 fucking passes before it unlocked.

This!!!!! Got it on 1st practice #24! Thanks!

xMidget_Furyx
07-26-2012, 05:08 AM

However with that said this achievement is still bullshit. I picked off 12 fucking passes before it unlocked.I should also note i deleted my RTG file before attempting the above solution

WitnessxLeBron
07-26-2012, 07:28 AM
EVERYONE WHO CAN'T GET THE ACHIEVEMENT READ WHAT I DID:

Ok I thought I was never going to get this achievement. Everynight I tried and succeeded doing the steps given here on the forums. I probably got an interception in reaction time 30+ times total using people's suggestions, yet no achievement. So tonight I decided to go about it a different way. Steps are listed below

1) start up a new road to glory
2) CREATE NEW PLAYER
3) make him 7'0, 200lbs
4) position CB, no secondary position.
5) difficultly freshman
6) skip high school and head straight to signing day
7) walk onto a school where your first string (I chose Memphis)
8) head into practice
9) now you just need to pick it off using reaction time, I did it in my first practice on about the 15th rep. Right when I picked it off achievement poped. Hopefully this helps out people that were previoisly unable to obtain the achievement using other methods.

MrMaverickMDK
07-27-2012, 12:54 AM

Worked for me as well, a little time consuming editing the roster but well worth it as the 3rd play in my first practice it unlocked. Glad that's over with, thanks for the tips.

ToKeW8
07-27-2012, 02:45 AM
wow i cannot get this to unlock 3 int as a freshman in game.. also did the practice method as well so stupid

xMidget_Furyx
07-28-2012, 06:18 AM
wow i cannot get this to unlock 3 int as a freshman in game.. also did the practice method as well so stupidI followed this below however I deleted the RTG file after editing the rosters. It unlocked on the first INT after I did this. Found this in the PS3T.org forum. A few people posted and said it worked, I haven't personally tried it yet.

Because you edited everyone else's Jumping and Catch stats to 0 and height to 5'5, no one should interfere with you catching the ball. I got the trophy about 8 plays into practice the first time I tried going for the trophy with these adjustments. Good luck and happy hunting! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/happydance.gif

DengelBerry
07-30-2012, 05:00 PM
worked like a champ. i got in a game though not practice.

Basic BG
08-01-2012, 08:41 PM
i got incredibly lucky. QB threw a hail mary and was i late to get back to play. i activated reaction time and sprinted down field and as the crowd of defenders and receiver went up for the ball it bounced off the crowd's hands and right into my hands as i caught up......

PG_MaxPayne
08-02-2012, 03:28 AM
I followed this below however I deleted the RTG file after editing the rosters. It unlocked on the first INT after I did this.

Used his technique that you listed and got the achievement! FINALLY!!!

ghostx30
08-02-2012, 08:03 PM

Bingo! After reading through this entire thread, I put the game in for the first time today, got everything set up, and completely fucking with myself I said, "This will be the first achievement I get. If I don't get this, I'm not playing it." Ha! Very first practice, not even knowing what reaction time was or what it looked like, I let the computer do everything, when I saw the ball in the air coming my way, I hit LT and Y and bam! Achievement unlocked, after the 3rd or 4th play. Well, guess I have to get my 1000g now. I'm not going to call it luck, because it wasn't. This is just a great fucking method! Nice find, bLaK!

mattybell2117
08-07-2012, 03:02 AM
I've met the requirement for this trophy 3 times and it hasn't popped yet. I'm not signed in and I didn't download the patch, I have all edited rosters and sliders, just can't do it. In the practice I get maybe 2-3 plays that aren't run plays or shitty wide outs. So many passes are impossible to intercept and any time I get a somewhat descent chance and make the play, I don't get the trophy (I'm on ps3). Unbelievable.

big red marino
08-11-2012, 12:50 AM
I have completed the requirements so many times it is now depressing. How you guys did this; I do not know. Do I need to clear my cache? I have done all methods that have been offered. I have hit LT just about every time you could possibly do it. Even right before I caught the ball. I get at least one interception per practice/game. Right now I am just playing through a career? We will see as this may be the first NCAA Football I do not 1000'd

ecu1982
08-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the tip! I have been trying for this one for a while now.

oragomy
08-13-2012, 03:25 AM
EVERYONE WHO CAN'T GET THE ACHIEVEMENT READ WHAT I DID:

Ok I thought I was never going to get this achievement. Everynight I tried and succeeded doing the steps given here on the forums. I probably got an interception in reaction time 30+ times total using people's suggestions, yet no achievement. So tonight I decided to go about it a different way. Steps are listed below

1) start up a new road to glory
2) CREATE NEW PLAYER
3) make him 7'0, 200lbs
4) position CB, no secondary position.
5) difficultly freshman
6) skip high school and head straight to signing day
7) walk onto a school where your first string (I chose Memphis)
8) head into practice
9) now you just need to pick it off using reaction time, I did it in my first practice on about the 15th rep. Right when I picked it off achievement poped. Hopefully this helps out people that were previoisly unable to obtain the achievement using other methods.
After hours and hours of trying for this achievement, I followed WitnessXLeBron and on my first trying I got it. The only thing different that I did, was play as a SS. It popped on my 6th play, my first int. Thanks WitnessXLeBron

ruckus
08-18-2012, 04:39 AM
just did back-to-back interceptions and still no achievement. =/

big red marino
08-19-2012, 04:02 AM
I have done all methods with multiple interceptions and no luck. I have started Reaction Mode at all times; before thrown, in the air, on the descent, and right before I catch it. Tried clearing cache, removing title update. This is B.S.

xMidget_Furyx
08-19-2012, 05:34 AM
I have done all methods with multiple interceptions and no luck. I have started Reaction Mode at all times; before thrown, in the air, on the descent, and right before I catch it. Tried clearing cache, removing title update. This is B.S.
try deleting your RTG file. that's what I did

big red marino
08-22-2012, 03:34 AM
try deleting your RTG file. that's what I did

I went in and deleted all my files; NCAA profile, title update, everything. Essentially so my hard drive showed no history of this game.

I fired up the game...updated as requested.

Started a RTG by making my own CB - 7' tall 200lbs

Put it on Freshman level.

Fast forwarded to signing day. Hit RT for walk-ons. Sorted the schools alphabetically and chose the top school that had me 1st string (Akron).

Edited no sliders.

Went into practice. Ran to the end zone on a long bomb (this usually happens when three WR's line up on your right hand side). Hit LT after it was thrown and then Y

Interception!

Achievement Unlocked!

Thanks Midget Fury for the pointing the way.

This was the last achievement I went for. I wonder if it was my profile that actually stored information about an interception in possibly another mode that was preventing this from unlocking.

RkOwnage
08-22-2012, 05:51 AM
In a normal practice, I get maybe 5 pass plays and none of them are in my direction, it's frustrating beyond all belief.

And the playbook is "air raid"...wtf

KSizzle
08-29-2012, 09:59 AM

Just wanted to thank you for posting this! Not much achievement hunting going on for me at all lately but I decided I wanted to 1k this game. I struggled with this damn thing for 3 hours the other night and found this and 3 practices and it popped! So it definitely works. For those that haven't gotten it with this method, just keep trying. It took 3 full practices with all the reps and during the 3rd one midway, they threw it right over the middle and I got it. I did however, manually run over the middle and hit the reaction time when the ball was in the air. Thanks. :woop:

exvcardn
08-30-2012, 06:10 PM
I went in and deleted all my files; NCAA profile, title update, everything. Essentially so my hard drive showed no history of this game.

I fired up the game...updated as requested.

Started a RTG by making my own CB - 7' tall 200lbs

Put it on Freshman level.

Fast forwarded to signing day. Hit RT for walk-ons. Sorted the schools alphabetically and chose the top school that had me 1st string (Akron).

Edited no sliders.

Went into practice. Ran to the end zone on a long bomb (this usually happens when three WR's line up on your right hand side). Hit LT after it was thrown and then Y

Interception!

Achievement Unlocked!

Thanks Midget Fury for the pointing the way.

This was the last achievement I went for. I wonder if it was my profile that actually stored information about an interception in possibly another mode that was preventing this from unlocking.

This is the way to do it. If you've been playing for awhile and this is your last achievement DELETE everything related to the game (unless you installed the game to your HD you don't need to delete that). I followed these directions exactly except to make it EVEN easier I made my guy a FS instead of a CB. That way I didn't even have to run back to the endzone to get in position on a 3 wide set. Let the computer control everything for you and when you see 3 WRs lined up to the right this is your moment. The computer will get you in perfect position and when the ball is close trigger the reaction time and catch the ball. After hours of not even having the ball thrown to me and when it was and I met the criteria the damn thing not popping and editing roster nonsense this worked in less than 5 minutes. Probably around my 7th rep was my first shot and I got it. If you miss it they run this play a lot so you'll have multiple chances. If you need to do another practice just rinse and repeat the instructions. :woop:

Der Fuhrer
09-01-2012, 08:09 AM

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/2902566-post54.htmlThis method worked great! Got it first practice on the twentieth play. Glad this crap is over.

Eggnogga
09-17-2012, 02:35 AM
try deleting your RTG file. that's what I didThis is what I had to do as well. I intercepted about 5 passes prior and the achievement didn't unlock. So, I deleted everything off of my hard drive except for the installed game, rosters, & Title Update. Rebooted the game and picked my 7'0" CB from Texas Tech and intercepted a pass off of a deflection. Achievement unlocked. Phew!

Wolfgar61
09-24-2012, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the tips Blade. I used Boston College as my team, but otherwise followed your advise and ach popped first practice!

Molneze3
09-29-2012, 09:46 PM
I think you guys are thinking way to hard about this achievement. Could it be glitched? Yes, very possible. So just try different things. I couldn't get it to work in practice at all, but got it on my FIRST interception during a game.
I Picked Michigan State as my team. I Boosted the FS's stats ahead of time, and also, dumbed down the rest of my teams DBs and LBs (so they didn't beat me to the ball all the time). I then started my season, picked MSU and the FS that I boosted up. I left most of the sliders the same... Then played the first game vs Boise St. I kept backing my FS up every play kind of daring the QB to throw my way, and eventually he threw one to a WR in my direction. Once I saw the ball IN THE AIR (out of the QBs hands) I held "LT" and made my way to the ball. Got to the ball, hit "Y" and... INT. one second later the achievement popped.

Point is, if something isn't working for you the way someone else posted... try your own way a few times.

Gunstar Chaos
10-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I think you guys are thinking way to hard about this achievement. Could it be glitched? Yes, very possible. So just try different things. I couldn't get it to work in practice at all, but got it on my FIRST interception during a game.
I Picked Michigan State as my team. I Boosted the FS's stats ahead of time, and also, dumbed down the rest of my teams DBs and LBs (so they didn't beat me to the ball all the time). I then started my season, picked MSU and the FS that I boosted up. I left most of the sliders the same... Then played the first game vs Boise St. I kept backing my FS up every play kind of daring the QB to throw my way, and eventually he threw one to a WR in my direction. Once I saw the ball IN THE AIR (out of the QBs hands) I held "LT" and made my way to the ball. Got to the ball, hit "Y" and... INT. one second later the achievement popped.

Point is, if something isn't working for you the way someone else posted... try your own way a few times.

Just wanted to say I tried the Practice method for hours, getting plenty of interceptions with no achievement unlocking. Checked for corruption, deleted my saves, still nothing. Tried to create new player, nothing.

Then tried this method quoted. Achievement popped on 1st interception in 1st game.

austinwolv
12-25-2012, 06:56 AM

This one worked easily. Thanks!

Dorothy541
12-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I tried it with high school player, didn't even come close. Tried it this way, I got it within minutes.http://www.jkbeauty.com/09ht.jpghttp://www.jkbeauty.com/20.jpghttp://www.jkbeauty.com/21.jpghttp://www.jkbeauty.com/22.jpghttp://www.jkbeauty.com/23.jpg

Johnnie Rambone
02-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Finally got this one this morning. The LAST ONE! Can't wait to sell this crap back to Game Stop!

JmOoRe92
05-15-2013, 01:56 AM
fuck this achievement

fuzzy510
06-08-2013, 07:45 AM
For anybody who is still having issues with this achievement, I have uploaded the roster that I used to my EA Locker. My gamertag is fuzzyjw510.

Download that, and use the only good DB on Texas Tech's roster for your RTG. Set the difficulty to Freshman, and set the sliders so that Interceptions are at 100 for the user, and everything EXCEPT Pass Blocking is at 0 for the CPU. Set CPU Pass Blocking to 0.

Once you're in practice, don't bother doing anything until you're thrown at. I got the achievement in my first 10 plays this way.

Nightfury82
09-11-2013, 03:11 AM
I've already spent a few hours on this achievement and nothing yet. The Texas Tech method isn't working for me. They run about 15 times of 25 practice plays. When they thrown its usually on the opposite side from me.

UT Austin
09-11-2013, 07:44 PM
For anybody who is still having issues with this achievement, I have uploaded the roster that I used to my EA Locker. My gamertag is fuzzyjw510.

Download that, and use the only good DB on Texas Tech's roster for your RTG. Set the difficulty to Freshman, and set the sliders so that Interceptions are at 100 for the user, and everything EXCEPT Pass Blocking is at 0 for the CPU. Set CPU Pass Blocking to 0.

Once you're in practice, don't bother doing anything until you're thrown at. I got the achievement in my first 10 plays this way.This worked perfectly for me, got it on the 13th play of practice. I did take custom control of my player though and chase after some Wide Receivers running deep when I was supposed to play zone coverage. Other than that I did exactly as described and the achievement popped.

Nightfury82
10-05-2013, 01:15 AM

Once you're in practice, don't bother doing anything until you're thrown at. I got the achievement in my first 10 plays this way.

Worked great. Got my INT within 10 plays. Thanks!

todgill12
11-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Thanks Fuzzy for the roster. I was able to finally unlock my last achievement last night. It took me several practices but I was get a INT on a tip pass on the Hell Mary play.

DisturbedPsic0
11-20-2013, 12:39 PM
I've tried everything in this thread and it still won't work. Granted, I've only been able to pick off 10 passes or so because they just don't throw it to me. In an entire practice I may get 1 pass thrown in my direction, and most of the time it's a guy underneath me so there's no way to get to him. The rest of the defense gets 5 interceptions a practice and in the games. I can't seem to get anything thrown my way. I hate achievements that rely on something completely out of the players control.

EDIT: Finally got it. This is what I did. Deleted everything except the title update and my custom rosters (I had done this before). Then loaded the game up and selected Texas Tech as my favorite team (no idea if this helped or not). First thing I did when I got to the main menu was go down to settings and turned off autosave. Then I started a new RTG with my CB from Texas Tech. I put it on Freshman and did all the slider changes mentioned throughout this thread. This is the new part: I DID NOT MANUALLY SAVE MY RTG AFTER DOING ALL THESE OTHER CHANGES. I think saving may screw up the file, or always corrupt it, or something along those lines. First practice, got an interception and it popped right away. I didn't do anything different from the other picks I got. I'm pretty sure it has to do with saving your RTG.

Malonster1109
04-16-2014, 11:44 PM
ive heard that if you have another rtg player this cheevo wont unlock. is there any truth in that?

newbsicle
05-26-2014, 08:00 PM
Finally! After about 10 interceptions I decided to delete every save I have and do this achievement without adjusting any of the sliders or editing the player. It unlocked after my first interception.

So yeah, if it glitches on you then delete everything and start-up a new road to glory.