Don't Run Home to Mama Achievement

BladeMDP

Okay, I do not know if there is an exact science to it, but here's what I did, and it worked like a charm:

Before starting a dynasty, go to edit the roster for Hawaii. I made all the starters at each position a "junior." I did bump up the attributes for the QB, RB, and WR to make them more competitive (however, you don't want to max out all the players, you don't want Hawaii to be dominant, just somewhat competitive). For all other players, make them freshman, and change their hometown state to another than Hawaii, if applicable. I put the players in competitive football states, such as Texas, Georgia, Ohio, Michigan, etc. Obviously save your roster (that way it will carry over into Dynasty).

Start up a dynasty, as Hawaii, adjust sliders in your favor (max user and min AI). Set difficulty level to Freshman (I went ahead and made recruiting Freshman too). ALSO, IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU TURN AUTOSAVE OFF.

Sim your season all the way to end of bowl season (NO FARTHER). Save your dynasty at this point (this is critical).

Now, go ahead and advance to players leaving. At this point, it is where it is not an exact science. However, when I would get to this point, everytime I would see at least one, if not two players wanting to transfer because of being homesick.

Just try to talk the player into saving, obviously choosing the best promises each time. If they agree to stay, the achievement pops. If they don't, or if you do not get any players wanting to transfer for being homesick, then exist dynasty, load it back up (to that end of bowls save point) and try again. It will not bring up the same exact players leaving.

It took me 3 tries of reloading dynasty before I could get player to agree to stay.

Again, this is not an exact science, but it worked perfectly (meaning I at the very least had players wanting to transfer for being homesick) for me.

Me and Converse were confused with this achievement also. I actually got it somehow when doing my first Dynasty playthrough with Bama so I could get most of the achieves. I suppose I lucked out on this one because I know a bunch of people have struggled with it until your solution.

Me and Converse were confused with this achievement also. I actually got it somehow when doing my first Dynasty playthrough with Bama so I could get most of the achieves. I suppose I lucked out on this one because I know a bunch of people have struggled with it until your solution.

If I had to see Nick Saban everyday I would claim to be 'homesick' and try to transfer far away too.

This one was a huge pain in the ass for me. I tried your suggestion and it worked after about 20 tries. I found that the only kids that got homesick were from Ohio. I would have one every 5 tries and 2 every 10 maybe. They usually instantly said they were transferring. Its a complete luck of the draw if you get one to stay IMO.

I have a MUCH easier, and much quicker way.

Here is what you need to do.

1. Create a dynasty, doesn't matter what team.

2. Sim to the ned of the season, just like above.

3. Get to the Players Leaving section in the Off-Season

4. Go to your team and see if a player is transferring because they are Home Sick. If they are convince them to stay, if not

6. Hold LT and go to a different team. You can scroll through which players are leaving what teams, find a team that DOES have a player transferring for home sickness

7. back out and go to Coach Info, Press RB to create a new coach

8. Select the team you found that had the leaving player and sign with them

9. Go to players leaving and convince him to stay.

10. repeat as necessary until you get achievement.

4. Go to your team and see if a player is transferring because they are Home Sick. If they are convince them to stay, if not

6. Hold LT and go to a different team. You can scroll through which players are leaving what teams, find a team that DOES have a player transferring for home sickness

Can you make a second coach in the middle of the season? If so I see this being a really easy solution for this achievement. Gonna see right now if this actually works for me and let everyone know.

EDIT: Scratch that, found out from Rep (Converse) that it actually does work. Good work on getting everyone help for this achievement guys!

Edited by CaRo

Thank you! Just tried this method and it works like a charm. I'm sure Blade's method works as well, but this is really nice if you don't feel like simulating again.

Can you make a second coach in the middle of the season? If so I see this being a really easy solution for this achievement. Gonna see right now if this actually works for me and let everyone know.

Yes, you can!

Awesome solution. Worked perfectly. I used this method for both this achievement and "No Regrets".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried the method of creating coaches and I'm about 0 for 15 trying to convince them to stay.

Tried the Hawaii method and even though I boosted some players I've actually been fired on two different dynasty simulations.

This and Read and React are the last two cheevs I need and I'm about to break my disc!