PDA

View Full Version : Surfin Safari and La Bamba

conquerator2
07-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I have 5 stars in all the other songs, but for the life of me I just cant do these two. I believe the main problem is that the song is too fast (maybe?) and definitely the moves... I just dunno what Im doing wrong but its usually my hands that are glowing. I believe its due to you having to flail your hands up a lot and its simply out of the kinect's field vision. Nonetheless, if somebody still reads these posts, any help would be appreciated. Having Kinect in a bright room helped tremendously but these two songs are just meh... Well cya guys and thx :drunk

elsmitmyster
07-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I have 5 stars in all the other songs, but for the life of me I just cant do these two. I believe the main problem is that the song is too fast (maybe?) and definitely the moves... I just dunno what Im doing wrong but its usually my hands that are glowing. I believe its due to you having to flail your hands up a lot and its simply out of the kinect's field vision. Nonetheless, if somebody still reads these posts, any help would be appreciated. Having Kinect in a bright room helped tremendously but these two songs are just meh... Well cya guys and thx :drunk

I too am having major difficulties with surfin' safari - inparticular the move where you move your arms in a circle in front of you and the foot twist move where your arms are also moving from left to right. Didn't have too much of a problem with la bamba, but just make sure you're moving your legs/feet too when you need to.

Of cass
09-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Make sure elbows are level with your shoulders when you do any moves that pop or lock. For me the main change on surfin' safari that i needed was to move my feet around wider for the sensor to register it. I moved them higher and wider than the chipmunks

Gl

conquerator2
10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
The game is a 1000G now :) Thanks guys :D

MathGuy42
08-26-2013, 03:10 PM
I am also having trouble with La Bamba, having only reached 4 stars once. It's the last song I need.

Playing with the synchronization seemed to help with some songs. Some did well at 0 ms, some at 350 ms, some in-between. I guess I haven't found a sweet spot for La Bamba yet.

Edit: Finally got La Bamba. I played at 350 ms sync. Like most songs, you have to experiment to find what the sensor wants. These adjustments helped me, but your mileage may vary:
Swinging arms up: swaying side to side at the same time
Swinging arms across body: I swung my arms lower than on most songs, more like chest height instead of shoulder height
Swinging arms and twisting foot: I moved my whole body side to side
I never could get the hand chopping consistently right. And even the moves above only sometimes gave me blue checkmarks. On my successful run, I got 2 Munkpowers. I reached 5 stars with only one cue card to spare.