PDA

View Full Version : Crap balls that was scary!

Jamski
07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
My 2 year old managed to 'bend' the disk tray! No idea how and I wasn't home but apparently it was all the way out and 'at a funny angle'. Anyway, the wife managed to push it back in, get it stuck, pull it back out again and now all seems well! Opens and closes fine, games load, think we (he) got away with it! Needless to say it will be out of arms reach tomorrow!

:uzi:

JAW LV
07-11-2012, 08:52 PM
My 2 year old managed to 'bend' the disk tray! No idea how and I wasn't home but apparently it was all the way out and 'at a funny angle'. Anyway, the wife managed to push it back in, get it stuck, pull it back out again and now all seems well! Opens and closes fine, games load, think we (he) got away with it! Needless to say it will be out of arms reach tomorrow!

Do you have the newest Xbox 360 console? I noticed that the open disc tray button is very sensitive and the slightest bump/touch will make the console turn on and the disc tray open.

I have two kids and they constantly open/turn on my Xbox by accident... 8 & 11 though so thankfully I don't have the 2yr old curious child risk like you do :p

Jamski
07-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah it's the new version. It's more a sensor than a button. The little rascal has just got out of bed too. Kids huh!

Spanish Assault
07-11-2012, 09:09 PM
This is why I keep my console in a locked cabinet. I cut the back out so it gets some air flow too. My wife was so mad when I did that. LOL.

DOOKH8R
07-11-2012, 09:21 PM
This is why I keep my console in a locked cabinet. I cut the back out so it gets some air flow too. My wife was so mad when I did that. LOL.

Only because you forgot to let her out first:p.

OT, if you have a thumb drive or a keyboard sensor plugged into the front USB, you might want to consider moving those out of reach.

DecadentBeaver
07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
The worst I had was when my nephew had just started to walk and talk. I was on my xbox, enjoyin my gaming session. He walks in holding his beloved Thomas the Tank Engine dvd, turns my xbox off, turns to me holding out his dvd and said "play" with a big smile on his face. Me and my bro were taken back but ultimately his cuteness won us over. Not that he did wrong, just a social faux pas.

ChickinOnaChain
07-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah it's the new version. It's more a sensor than a button.
My Gears 360 is like that. Looks like it's time to start putting stuff "out of reach". :)

DEG23
07-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Yeah it's the new version. It's more a sensor than a button. The little rascal has just got out of bed too. Kids huh!

That's the only part of having a sensor i don't like. I don't have little kids but my dog has turned my console on and off a few times while sniffing it.

Nitro Byrn
07-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Do you have the newest Xbox 360 console? I noticed that the open disc tray button is very sensitive and the slightest bump/touch will make the console turn on and the disc tray open.

Hmmm, mine doesn't turn on by touching the eject button, it does however eject the disc while playing a game if any cat, dog, or human (brother), goes anywhere near the darn thing!:chair

hydrosugar
07-12-2012, 01:50 AM
My brother bought the new model a while back. Given how easily it opens, I can't believe it took me nearly 30 seconds to figure out how to open it. Your 2 year old's brighter than I am. :p

mrj3d
07-12-2012, 02:01 AM
My son once pulled my PS3 clear off its shelf (he was about 2 at the time). It literally hung there by the cords out the back of it. How they didn't pull out while supporting the weight of the console I'll never know.

EmporerDragon
07-12-2012, 03:13 AM
My brother bought the new model a while back. Given how easily it opens, I can't believe it took me nearly 30 seconds to figure out how to open it. Your 2 year old's brighter than I am. :p

I can top that. I once had a customer bring a slim back and cuss me out for several minutes because I sold him a defective console without an eject. He got real quiet real fast when I plugged the thing in and tapped the eject logo, opening the tray.

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Glad everything worked out!!!

I still have the old Elite model, and my disk tray would not eject (It has been hit several times with the tray extended)...Had to take off the faceplate and do a little sanding, due to it being slightly off kilter.

hydrosugar
07-12-2012, 04:00 AM
I can top that. I once had a customer bring a slim back and cuss me out for several minutes because I sold him a defective console without an eject. He got real quiet real fast when I plugged the thing in and tapped the eject logo, opening the tray.

Bahahaha that's classic. I may be dumber than a two year old, but there's someone even worse out there. :D

StayonTarget
07-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Pics or it didn't happen!

If I had some animal or sister do that to my xbox, I would've killed them.

runswithscissors
07-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Hmm glad I live on my own. I have reached over it and accidently opened it and thats was scary because I didnt think it was even switched on

Chaz Of Sparta
07-12-2012, 07:06 AM

LOL'd. Luckily I've never had anything like that, but my youngest brother is 1 year old, so when he gets older I better hide my 360 otherwise it probably won't end well...

Starkweather
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Kids will forever be a danger to our precious consoles :p my NES was ruined by one sticking coins into it.

Akuza
07-12-2012, 09:28 AM
I've bent it myself by accident to a similar angle

Still works 4 months on ! :D

I'm sure it just mends itself over time .. 0.0...

CHIRUNO99
07-12-2012, 09:32 AM
I feel that I'm lucky, I only have a 5yr old nephew who has his own Xbox so he has some idea of how to use it.
I'll just get some Kensington Locks though, just in case.

Skilled
07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I remember taking down holiday decorations and one swept over the eject button. Short to say I wasn't happy with my lost progress :(.

BombToChest
07-12-2012, 02:30 PM
If it broke you could always open it up and replace the drive yourself :P

FFFreak1129
07-16-2012, 03:51 AM
Thats lucky it still works. Time to move your stuff to some place higher.

DarkReign2021
07-16-2012, 04:37 AM
My original 360 was at one point kept on a rather flimsy little shelf. My dog came in one day and bumped into it, which in turn caused the thing to fly off and dangle in mid-air. Unfortunately rotating the device while activated damaged the disc beyond functionality. Learned my lesson after that.

More recently, I now have the 360 slim. My new kitten is apparently very curious about videogames (He'll actually sit in front of my TV and watch me while I game) and sometimes he'll snoop around the console while I'm playing and his nose will bump into the power button, which will typically shut off my game. Not as bad as my issue with the dog, though. Actually kind of cute. The chiming noise always spooks him. lol

iammaxhailme
07-16-2012, 04:39 AM
The worst breakage I've had is two RRODs... which is pretty bad!

Tsaako
07-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Close call you had right there. :P

warrenpaul
07-16-2012, 02:21 PM
I keep my 360 out the way of my lad, but i had a mate who bought the 250GB console, next day his 2 year pulled the disc tray out lol

Whispin627
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM

Best laugh I've had all day. :)

Iceskater101
07-16-2012, 07:12 PM
The worst breakage I've had is two RRODs... which is pretty bad!

Yeah that's the worst I have ever had. I think I have only had one RROD though not two.

niko da bos
07-16-2012, 07:35 PM

o0, thats actually a solid idea. i think i might just re-arrange my gaming setup soon:)

lol, apology is maybe in order? it would be funny to be in the store when that happens, then watch him walk out (console in hand) with his tail between his legs.

Benny34
07-16-2012, 07:50 PM
lol anyways i saw my cat sleeping on my xbox before.

Spade.
07-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Let's see, my brother's broken 2 of my 360 headsets, dropped a vaccuum on my 360 (don't ask), knocked over my 360 and destroy my copy of Rock Band. Also, my step-brother's dog chewed up a mic of mine and my original Turtle Beach XLC's. Had a 360 RROD on me, and a 360 with a corrupted disc drive. I've had really bad luck in my 360 gaming history.

CONKER1182
07-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Wow that`s weird.

TuM Predator
07-17-2012, 12:45 AM
This happened to me once.. I accidentally hit he disc tray with my head and bent in like in your situation, I managed to push it back up and it's worked fine.. It was also my brand new gears 3 Xbox I almost died when I did it..

THE DEADLY DOG
07-17-2012, 01:11 AM

Shoot that would give me a heart-attack beyond belief lol.

HugTheBear
07-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Scary stuff. My dog has opened my tray a bunch of times. Nose or tail does the trick. The new slims are extremely sensitive. I moved it a little further out of reach, hasn't happened since.

KnucklesV6
07-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Keep that out of reach for sure. Don`t want a ruined xbox.