PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated games

deadseadrop
07-12-2012, 03:51 PM
There are so may overrated games these days. I posted some of my picks below and would love to hear from you guys.

Street Fighter: Fighting games in general bore me (aside from MK) but Street Fighter is so overrated. Aside from graphics little has changed in these titles in 20 years. I play the ones now and I feel like it's the early 90's all over again.

Call of Duty: Same game from year to year and little changes. The games aren't bad just no where near as good as some say. I have friends on my list who play these games 24/7 and I just don't get it. Campaigns are always short as well.

Bio Shock: It was a good game but my god why is it listed on so many lists as one of the greatest games of all time. I saw it as high as number 3 on one and could not fathom that.

Madden: Another series that seems to stay the same from year to year with little change. Play one Madden and you have played them all. Also the online community for this series is one of the worst.

Final Fantasy: Back in the day FF was great. It has not been in years and people need to get off of it's nuts.

First Person Shooters: I like the FPS genre but my god has it taken over and IMO it has hurt the industry. I still play Halo, Gears and a few others but we get so many shooters these days and half of them are just half assed wannabees that rip off other games.

dwayne_hicks
07-12-2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=294360&highlight=overated

WalterWhite
07-12-2012, 07:39 PM
There are so may overrated games these days. I posted some of my picks below and would love to hear from you guys.

Street Fighter: Fighting games in general bore me (aside from MK) but Street Fighter is so overrated. Aside from graphics little has changed in these titles in 20 years. I play the ones now and I feel like it's the early 90's all over again.

Call of Duty: Same game from year to year and little changes. The games aren't bad just no where near as good as some say. I have friends on my list who play these games 24/7 and I just don't get it. Campaigns are always short as well.

Bio Shock: It was a good game but my god why is it listed on so many lists as one of the greatest games of all time. I saw it as high as number 3 on one and could not fathom that.

Madden: Another series that seems to stay the same from year to year with little change. Play one Madden and you have played them all. Also the online community for this series is one of the worst.

Final Fantasy: Back in the day FF was great. It has not been in years and people need to get off of it's nuts.

First Person Shooters: I like the FPS genre but my god has it taken over and IMO it has hurt the industry. I still play Halo, Gears and a few others but we get so many shooters these days and half of them are just half assed wannabees that rip off other games.

So you basically hate all of the popular games. What IS a good game to you?

Bioshock was brilliant, if you don't see why there is something wrong with you. That game deserves all the praise it receives and then some, definately one of the best games ever made. Do you know how much work went into creating the asthetic for the world of Rapture? All of the art throughout the game world, the music, etc.

ChickinOnaChain
07-12-2012, 07:48 PM
There's been a few games most have liked that I bought and hated...Halo 3, Fallout 3 & NV come to mind.

CODMW2DUDE
07-12-2012, 07:59 PM
I agree 100% with deadseadrop about games like call of duty especially, i mean they make one after another and they are always the same. You play as some guy against the whole Russian army, that's what it seems like anyway. They made modern warfare three and within a year here they are again with black ops 2. When are they going to stop whipping the dead horse. I don't like bioshock, or halo, they just didn't interest me. but fallout 3 was awesome.

Tsaako
07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I think the COD series are overrated. Sure I can banter about it but I still play it the odd times etc.:Bounce:

Wildmn34
07-12-2012, 08:54 PM
So you basically hate all of the popular games. What IS a good game to you?

Bioshock was brilliant, if you don't see why there is something wrong with you. That game deserves all the praise it receives and then some, definately one of the best games ever made. Do you know how much work went into creating the asthetic for the world of Rapture? All of the art throughout the game world, the music, etc.

Just because you think it's brilliant doesn't mean his opinion is wrong.

I don't like the Bioshock games either. Does that make me wrong? No, because it's my opinion. :)

I loved Batman Arkham Asylum, but did not enjoy Arkham City nearly as much. In my opinion it was a very over rated game.

I have never found the love that many have for the Mass Effect games either.

CODMW2DUDE
07-12-2012, 08:59 PM
A lot of people just like them because they are the most popular games at that time, and unfortunatly for a lot of games that are released around the same time as the call of duty games don't get the fans or popularity that they should.

HugTheBear
07-12-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm still trying to get through Bioshock 2. The 1st one was good, but the 2nd one is overrated, imo.

Also, I didnt like Mass Effect. I have ME2, which I'll play. If I like it I'll buy ME3.

I also felt Oblivion was a tad overrated. Still a good game though.

Rep
07-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Personally, BioShock is one of my all-time favorites. I must've played through both 1 and 2 at least 10 times and never got bored of it. I guess you could tell by looking at my user-title, lol.

Never really liked any of the Mass Effect or Fallout games, though. Got bored with them so quickly that I never got to finish them.

R34L91
07-12-2012, 09:11 PM

I tolerate all of your opinions but on Street Fighter I have to say that you have to play the game on a competitive level to fully enjoy it and if you do so you will see it is not overrated, in fact it is one of the most satisfying games out there. And on COD I have to say the same, lets be honest COD is a blast in terms of multiplayer...but yea it is your opinion and I respect that :D

CODMW2DUDE
07-12-2012, 09:16 PM
What is Bioshock about, i'm asking because i have never really played it. It must be good for so many people to like it.

ChickinOnaChain
07-12-2012, 09:21 PM
What is Bioshock about, i'm asking because i have never really played it. It must be good for so many people to like it.
Here you go... http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/BioShock

Gackt
07-12-2012, 09:27 PM
I know this will come to a shock coming from me but.....

Skyrim
Oblivion
Fallout 3

:D

R34L91
07-12-2012, 09:27 PM

In my opinion a great single player experience, a very atmospheric horror shooter with some neat mechanics and for the time it came out very impressive...still up to this date imo! Did not like the sequel tho.

Wildmn34
07-12-2012, 09:31 PM

Skyrim
Oblivion
Fallout 3

No, Gackt. The thread is about over rated games. Not the games that you absolutely love and could play forever. :Bounce:

Qonok
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM

To me, Bioshock is a game about a guy trying to make an utopia under the ocean...and things go terribly wrong.

OT: I have to agree with the Call of Duty franchise being overrated. Same game in a different year with another short campaign since it is only really considered a multiplayer game for the hackers to show leet skiils in getting to the top of the leaderboard.

Any EA sports franchise game is definitely overrated. Just because you all at EA bought exclusive rights to make the sports game doesn't mean you only need to do a poor job at it.

Gackt
07-12-2012, 09:33 PM
No, Gackt. The thread is about over rated games. Not the games that you absolutely love and could play forever. :Bounce:

SILENCE! :p

ChickinOnaChain
07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
SILENCE! :p
In the voice of Sheldon Cooper? :confused:

CODMW2DUDE
07-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah i like that show it's funny cause he acts like such a weirdo and the others are always making assess of themselves in front of the blonde.

Barad
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Resident Evil games. :L

DragonsGoMOO
07-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog.

SarahAran
07-12-2012, 11:04 PM
For me personally, the Mass Effect series.

I've tried so hard to get into those games but I just can't do it. I find them utterly boring, it seems like way too much talking and little gameplay. I really, really want to like those games and get the enjoyment that others get, but I just can't.

I am gonna try again soon.

I tried Dragon Age too, and really didn't like it. Maybe I am just not a Bioware person.

hydrosugar
07-12-2012, 11:17 PM
In the voice of Sheldon Cooper? :confused:

The voice of Sheldon improves everything.

I'm not a fan of Bioshock myself, but even I don't have a problem with how high it is on peoples lists. More games need to create fantastic SP experiences like that.

OT: CoD I suppose? Though I'm not sure we can call it overrated anymore. It gets 10x more sales than it should, but it gets the critcism it deserves. As time goes on, more and more people are realizing it's faults. (Doesn't stop them from buying it though.)

Sonic the Hedgehog.

I can agree with this. Even the early "good ones" were nothing special to me, especially compared to Mario games.

Hagane
07-12-2012, 11:33 PM
God I cannot express how overrated BattleField 3 is; aside from the clunky behicles, and a few other little "unnecessary" things... you CAN in fact do the best things in the game and possibly better in a Call of Duty.

Also, you think that people camp on CoD? Geez... you haven't played Battlefield 3 then, or you turn a pretty big blind eye to every Sniper and Support LMG guy with his sights on your spawn. (Also the frequent Objective-Claymore camper.)

I thoroughly enjoyed Bad Company 1 & 2 (paid full price for both), and I really would consider turning Battlefield 3 back in... when I bought it for $20. :confused: It's that bad to me.

I'd mention the sour taste that I get when I think of Skyrim, and all the people that says it's sooooo "fantastic"... but I'm out of "hate juice" :)

CaRo
07-12-2012, 11:42 PM
I personally find Battlefield 3 to be overrated, I played it for a while when it came out but I cannot stand it what so ever. Needs some things done it to for it to actually be a good game.

Gackt
07-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Maybe I am just not a Bioware person.

I am liking you already. Now just tell me you are not a Bethesda fan and we can be bestest friends forever! :biglaugh

DecadentBeaver
07-13-2012, 12:28 AM

Skyrim
Oblivion
Fallout 3

Stop pulling our legs Gackt. We all know how much you love Bethesda. You even got the company logo tattooed really, didn't ya ;) You are possibly, the biggest fan around lol. Sorry, couldn't resist. I don't have the same opinion, as I love them games, but that's your opinion and its cool by me. Well, Skyrim dlc was seriously over rated, so if you think that is as well, we agree on something :)

For men, I thought Borderlands, Red Dead, GTA 4 were all over rated. Never got into any of them. I could mention CoD, but that's too obvious a choice as I'm not into war based games.

KillerBEA
07-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Never honestly could get into the CoD series too much. Battlefield 3 is a turd stain compared to Bad company 2 imo and is way more hyped. While I think Oblivion and Fallout 3 are good games they are way overhyped.

As of late no game seems to be able to keep up with the expectations that the hype surrounding it creates.

Spade.
07-13-2012, 01:34 AM
I honestly didn't find Fallout 3 fun. Also, I'm not too fond of The Legend Of Zelda series.

Skilled
07-13-2012, 01:57 AM
COD.
(10char)

fastNcurious
07-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Anything made by Rockstar.

SevenJesterHats
07-13-2012, 03:53 AM
Easily these two, i find them too boring..

Skyrim
Oblivion

SicklyPlague
07-13-2012, 04:11 AM
The most obvious to me are
COD
Battlefield 3

I mean while i enjoyed the hell out of playing them im gonna say the following are pretty overrated

Dragon Age Origins
Fallout 3
Fallout new Vegas

I say they are over rated because everything they do is bland. The story in these games were predictable, the game play was not really unique and especially with fallout exploring was not really fun since 90% of the time the stuff you found was useless and it was the same enviorment (though the dlc was a good change up but even then it kept repeating itself) over and over again with bombed out buildings, bunkers, houses etc. The only thing that made it fun was the places were so massive that it felt cool to go exploring without having to hit the boundries of the world.

Rums
07-13-2012, 04:19 AM
It's the quintessential egomaniac's dream; the god complex is not only justified, it's also legitimate. I think that's what separates this game from the rest.

They don't write too many games like this anymore, though Deus Ex comes close. What makes that statement even more sad, is the fact that Bio Shock was just released in '07. It's a masterpiece, imo.

re: Call of Duty is exactly what you deserve.

shangri la27
07-13-2012, 04:19 AM
gears bores the hell out of me. I played a lot with friends, but I was always resistant. theyre aesthetic poop shows.

Mandalorian831
07-13-2012, 07:00 AM
After trying to play Skyrim today for the first time in a few months Im going to have to say Oblivion and Skyrim. Although I still think their pretty good games.

Chris Recall
07-13-2012, 07:51 AM
The last few Call of Duty games. Its the same game every year. It doesnt deserve records in my opinion. I hope GTA5 comes out this year just to hurt the numbers. COD4 is the only one I would say was great. The rest got worse by the year.

Chaz Of Sparta
07-13-2012, 05:52 PM
The FIFA games.

Iceskater101
07-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Call of Duty for sure. They are so over-rated and I am tired of them making new ones!

deadseadrop
07-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Here are some more.

Skyrim: Yes it's a good game but man is it overrated. It has so many problems and glitches and the fan boys act like it doesn't even matter and say "with a game that big there is no way it can not have major glitches". Well guess what? GTA 4 was huge and didn't have all the major glitches that Skyrim has.

Dead Rising: The first game was pretty cool but the damn engine for it so out dated yet they continue to use it over and over with little to no changes. Also the difficulty of the games is crazy and it can be so damn repetetive.

Resident Evil: IMPO the only really good games in the series are 4 and 5. The older games while innovative had huge glitch and camera issues and do not hold up well at all and if a game can't stand the test of time then its not that good to me. Most of the spin off games sucked and man Raccoon City was a steaming pile of goat shit. Plus from everything I have read 6 is shaping up to be blahh.

Gran Turismo: This should have been on my main post list. This is without a doubt the most overrated racing series ever. Why in god's name would I want to play what claims to be a "racing sim" where there is no car damage? They finally added that in the last game but it was very minor and sucked. Forza totally owns GT in every way possible.

Hurricane Of 87
07-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Mass Effect, purely for someone calling it
"It's the best game I've ever played" and remarked that it had "The best story ever told in a videogame. Period."
But they work for OXM and it was an exclusive franchise at the time...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_(video_game)#Reception

It's not even the best game in the series. Not even close. I know people are entitled to their opinions but when I see some claim ME1 was the only good game of the series I lump them in with the people who claim The Bourne Identity is the only good movie of the trilogy.
You're clearly taking the piss and I refuse to believe you.

DJConnelly
07-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Read Dead Redemption. I just wasn't that into it. It was good. Just not amazing. And Borderlands. Don't see why it's so great.

Deanomac21
07-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Easily these two, i find them too boring..

Skyrim
Oblivion

Do you find Fallout/NV to be boring too? Its really the same thing in a slightly futuristic form isnt it?

I personally loved Oblivion and I'm just now getting to play Skyrim and cant put it down to get some sleep at night. Graphically and gameplay wise they have to be considered great, even if you dont like the story.

Berronce
07-13-2012, 09:17 PM
For me I would have to say the most overrated game currently would have to be Skyrim. I just do not find that game engaging at all, which is strange because I absolutely loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Dervicious
07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
The Mass Effect and Gears of War series are extremely overrated in my honest opinion.

Gackt
07-13-2012, 10:22 PM
I personally loved Oblivion and I'm just now getting to play Skyrim and cant put it down to get some sleep at night. Graphically and gameplay wise they have to be considered great, even if you dont like the story.

http://gfxuploader.com/images/747hgz93hsowlyye5l.gif

SilentStrike011
07-14-2012, 12:22 AM
There's been a few games most have liked that I bought and hated...Halo 3, Fallout 3 & NV come to mind.

These exact 3 games.

SpectreSoldier
07-14-2012, 01:05 AM
For me are (so far):
Call of Duty Series
Assassin's creed series

deadseadrop
07-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks for all the replies you guys have had some good choices.

Frostcavern
07-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Skyrim is by far the most overrated POS for the 360. Quite literally just Oblivion + dragons.

MrGrinch33
07-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Any one of MW, COD etc. I hate kids online. And mouthbreathers.

Gackt
07-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Skyrim is by far the most overrated POS for the 360. Quite literally just Oblivion + dragons.

This is just a delight to read :D

mrj3d
07-14-2012, 07:16 PM
I have to say COD. I haven't really enjoyed those since COD4, which I played the shit out of.

Didi Mau
07-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Oblivion was the most boring game I've ever played and I found the main story extremely bland, I accept that I was only doing an achievement run but if the main story can't grab me then I wouldn't want to be doing any sidequests in the first place.

I agree with you that SF4 is overrated, but not for your reasons. If your main complaint is it feels like the old games did 20 years ago then you're probably not one of Capcom's target audiences for the game, as that is meant to be a selling point.

The Bamshizzle
07-15-2012, 01:55 PM
all these series are REALLY overrated although i have played some of them

halo
call of duty
gears of war
grand theft auto
assassin's creed
elder scrolls
max payne
batman
all yearly sports games

FFFreak1129
07-16-2012, 03:36 AM
Yearly sports games
COD games
Angry Birds
Mass Effect 3
God of War

HTownBoi
07-16-2012, 03:42 AM
I like Borderlands, but I think it's way overrated. Same with pretty much any game made by valve.

Trivoid
07-16-2012, 03:46 AM

Skyrim
Oblivion
Fallout 3

Bethesda </3

I loved all those games. Fallout 3 being my Favorite game ^^

Trivoid
07-16-2012, 03:48 AM
I have to say COD. I haven't really enjoyed those since COD4, which I played the shit out of.

COD4 Truly was the greatest Call of Duty. but sadly that's when infinity ward got lazy and stopped improving the Series

THE DEADLY DOG
07-16-2012, 04:18 AM
If we are talking simply "over-rated" then the Call of Duty franchise is the main one that comes to my mind. Simply based off of the fact that it has gone nuclear in sales, rep, and fanbase over the years. Not a knock against it though.

Spade.
07-16-2012, 04:26 AM
CoD 4
Fallout 3
Fallout NV
The Legend Of Zelda Series
Final Fantasy Series

DengelBerry
07-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Any Call of Duty Game. You are buying the brand and not the game. All j
James Bond games are on the same engine and use the same graphics. Play exactly the same too, but doesn't get the same respect because it's not Call of Duty. Sad but true.

StayonTarget
07-16-2012, 06:24 AM
I think COD is overrated in some aspects. But I do believe it is the best FPS mechanical wise. While multiplayer systems are shit and some campaigns are terrible, you can't call it bad. If that makes sense. And the campaigns are only short if you run through them on easy.

You know a game that's underrated? Homefront.

SilentStrike011
07-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Assassins Creed. People say CoD is just the same thing each release with a couple of new features, which it is, but the Assassins Creed series is just as bad for it.

Starkweather
07-16-2012, 07:56 AM
For me main one is Battlefield nowadays, maybe i am in the minority but i preferred older ones.

Erxor
07-16-2012, 08:14 AM
I honestly think Fallout NV is a little overrated...
It was okay but truly not as good as Fallout 3, and really gets way more credit than it deserves.

Veedrock
07-16-2012, 09:05 AM
I honestly think Fallout NV is a little overrated...
It was okay but truly not as good as Fallout 3, and really gets way more credit than it deserves.

lol I feel the complete opposite way, Fallout 3 is a tad overrated for me but New Vegas made all kinds of little adjustments that made it fantastic.

Opinions, always muddying things up :rolleyes:

Only "overrated" game I feel strong enough about to mention is Borderlands. I enjoy my first playthrough for the most part, but the more I played it after that the more I started hating it. Overly repetitive gameplay, the "loot" aspect was incredibly weak, bad difficulty curve. I'll just never get why some people love it to death.

Jaska95
07-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Skyrim.

After i finished main story i saw how empty and boring game it really is. Majority of quests are boring, dragons become annoying very fast and i leveling system is just bad in my opinion.

Its good game but not "best game ever" that lot of people think it is.

warrenpaul
07-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Call of duty imo, but yet again they always release a solid multiplayer

kinoo1
07-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Resident Evil games. :L
Thank you! Thought I was the only one.
I just don't understand RE games.
Oh and another big one for me: GTA IV. Perfect example of a high quality and highly praised game that just never worked for me. And that comes from a person that has loved GTA III and Saints Row The Third.

Gackt
07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Only "overrated" game I feel strong enough about to mention is Borderlands. I enjoy my first playthrough for the most part, but the more I played it after that the more I started hating it. Overly repetitive gameplay, the "loot" aspect was incredibly weak, bad difficulty curve. I'll just never get why some people love it to death.

Few reasons why people love it to death.

Unique art style.
Co op.
RPG elements mixed into an FPS
And the Loot system. It's addicting to always be looking for a new weapon that is just slightly better than the one you're currently using. Would have added a bit more enjoyment though if they would have had armor items to though.

kkalstad01
07-16-2012, 01:49 PM
I think all the Halo games since Halo 3 have been a bit overrated. They up the graphics a little and change some things around but for the most part are very similar.

kutpurse
07-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Do you find Fallout/NV to be boring too? Its really the same thing in a slightly futuristic form isnt it?

U need to b on my buddy list. I love oblivion and skyrim so much that even with a few glitches I still think they rule. Besides glitches get fixed.

I think COD is overrated. Gears of war is overrated. I don't think bioshock is overrated necessarily but do think its a good game.

I hope ur playing as a thief in skyrim.

kutpurse
07-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Bethesda </3

I loved all those games. Fallout 3 being my Favorite game ^^

I hear u bro. Although skyrim gets my fave pic.

niko da bos
07-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Assassins Creed. People say CoD is just the same thing each release with a couple of new features, which it is, but the Assassins Creed series is just as bad for it.

lol i dont see how you could compare the two :confused:

-COD releases are every year, and features a slightly varried MP.
-assassins creed releases every few years, and is typically set in a different place and time period.

my vote would have to go for call of duty. i think even the fanboys can agree that the games have been steadily decreasing in quality. its like a cycle where they spend the first few months playing the game, the next few complaining about the game, then the following months waiting for the next call of duty. lol call of duty syndrome.

H0p3sfalL
07-16-2012, 08:21 PM
For me its going to be the Deadpool game coming out soon :: Buts on Riot gear for all the hate heading my way::

Gackt
07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
U need to b on my buddy list. I love oblivion and skyrim so much that even with a few glitches I still think they rule. Besides glitches get fixed.

I think COD is overrated. Gears of war is overrated. I don't think bioshock is overrated necessarily but do think its a good game.

I hope ur playing as a thief in skyrim.

I found your hidden msgs about Bethesda.
"Oblivion and skyrim so much glitches, besides glitches is overrated....is overrated."

I in no way turned what you said into something I wanted you to say, and i completely agree with your hidden comment :biglaugh
oh how I make myself laugh...lol

Rapture639
07-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Madden. Why do they still insist on making a new one every year when all were getting basically is a roster update?

hydrosugar
07-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Madden. Why do they still insist on making a new one every year when all were getting basically is a roster update?

http://www.abcteach.com/free/c/currencysymbolsrgb1.jpg

Rapture639
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM
lol is it embarrassing to admit I only know 2 of those types of currency? I'd also put skylanders in that list as well but then again I'm not really the target audience for that series.

ReaptheChaos
07-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Is this the thread where everyone puts down popular games because they didnít personally like them?

Hagane
07-17-2012, 03:59 AM
Few reasons why people love it to death.

Unique art style.
Co op.
RPG elements mixed into an FPS
And the Loot system. It's addicting to always be looking for a new weapon that is just slightly better than the one you're currently using. Would have added a bit more enjoyment though if they would have had armor items to though.

Oh if only Bethesda looked upon "open RPG and Coop"... the possibilities. :) (Well, we all forgot about Brink... right?)

SilentStrike011
07-17-2012, 07:48 AM
lol i dont see how you could compare the two :confused:

-COD releases are every year, and features a slightly varried MP.
-assassins creed releases every few years, and is typically set in a different place and time period.

my vote would have to go for call of duty. i think even the fanboys can agree that the games have been steadily decreasing in quality. its like a cycle where they spend the first few months playing the game, the next few complaining about the game, then the following months waiting for the next call of duty. lol call of duty syndrome.

I'm not comparing the gameplay, I'm comparing how highly rated they are. The AC games all look so similar and for revelations they added a hookblade. Yay. Innovative.

DJConnelly
07-17-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm not comparing the gameplay, I'm comparing how highly rated they are. The AC games all look so similar and for revelations they added a hookblade. Yay. Innovative.

That hook blade revolutionized the way we jump off buildings ok?! You're also forgetting those amazing definetly not mind-numbingly boring puzzle sequences. And tower defense! KILL ME I can't really think of anything to change about it really. Apart from getting rid of the crap. It's very much story driven now. Which is spiralling down the drain for me. They put the cliff in cliffhanger. I don't think I even payed attention towards the end of Revelations.

WalterWhite
07-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Is this the thread where everyone puts down popular games because they didn’t personally like them?

That is exactly what this is. You could try and explain to people what overrated really means but the way you put it is what this thread boils down to.

Veedrock's comment about Borderlands is one of the few comments on here that actually explains why he feels the game is overrated and while I am one of the ones who loves Borderlands, I can respect his explaination of why he thought it was overrated. Just calling something overrated because you don't like it and not explaining why is just another way of saying "I don't like that game, you do, and I'm not telling you why I don't, but it's overrated." The thread should have been called "Popular Games Everyone Else Loved And You Hated."

I'm not much of a Halo fan (Reach was my favorite, if that tells you anything) but I'd never say it's overrated. Without going into great detail, that game has done so much for the genre it would be hard to argue against it without sounding foolish. The same goes for alot of the games people have listed here.

DaveBodom
07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
I always found CoD and Halo over-rated, i just could never get into them to play them longer than an hour, i'm also strangely wanting to say Skyrim, i've been playing it on and off, do enjoy it but i just havent got "that" into it or where i view it as amazing.

catowl
07-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Angry birds and halo

Sternschrei
07-19-2012, 01:33 AM
The fallout series all the way, found them terrible and it was only made worse by the ceaseless praise my friends gave it.

Tman1205
07-19-2012, 05:31 PM
In my opinion Gears of War is EXTREMELY over rated. I just don't see what people get out of it. It's really depressing and ugly.

Benny34
07-19-2012, 07:05 PM
cod
10char

nevermindaboutme
07-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Halo online; I mean the campaign for Halo 3 I loved, playing co-op with a friend. Played a bit online with him and still good, but on my own with randomers? Nah, not as fun.

Haven't even finished the campaigns on ODST/Reach.

Spanish Assault
07-19-2012, 11:26 PM
I ought to fly out to the UK and strangle you....just kidding.

If anything Assassin Creed continues to get better (Brotherhood and Revelations were expansions of AC2 so they were the same story continued). So if you look at AC, AC2 and soon to be released AC3 it's nothing like COD.

OT: MW3 and Black Ops are overrated.