View Full Version : Fall of Cybertron' multiplayer lets you build your own Transformer

07-12-2012, 05:22 PM

Want to play as a pink Optimus Prime while you shoot your Autobot pals in multiplayer? Or would you rather build your own Decepticon from scratch, swapping dozens of parts, paint styles and metallic tweaks for even deeper customization? High Moon Studios and Activision's Transformers: Fall of Cyberton will let you do that via its deep build-a-Transformer mode when the game launches in August.

High Moon Studios game director Matt Tieger boasted at a Comic-Con event for the upcoming Transformers game that he expects players of Fall of Cybertron to lose themselves for hours in the game's character customization mode.

While players can choose from a large library of body parts, heads, vehicle shapes and weapons, the customization option Tieger seemed most excited to pitch was the "metallic" slider. "We've invested a huge amount of time in making our metal look good," Tieger said, from matte to super shiny, offering a range from G1 Transformers flatness to chromed out slickness.

High Moon showed off a new competitive multiplayer mode at its Comic-Con event last night, a territorial control mode that pits five Autobots against five Decepticons, with each team vying to secure control nodes. Fall of Cybertron's interpretation of the mode didn't deviate wildly from the norm, but the use of the multiplayer mode's four classes — the nimble but weak Infiltrator, the mid-range Destroyer, the tank-like Titan, and the supporting Scientist — and their respective vehicle and robot transformations, added a tactically interesting layer to conventional gameplay

What could spice up multiplayer further will be the downloadable content coming to Fall of Cybertron's multiplayer mode. Tieger announced that High Moon Studios will be releasing Dinobots and Insecticons to competitive multiplayer after the game's release, something that wasn't part of the developer's original plans.

Tieger told Polygon that he requested the feature, but believed it couldn't be added in time, as the multiplayer mode was hitting the memory capacity of the Xbox 360. To his surprise, the development team managed to work in Grimlock, Kickback and crew during the last 10% of the game's development cycle, Tieger says. It wasn't the first time High Moon hit a roadblock with those pesky Dinobots.

Details on the Dinobots and Insecticons, including the who, how and when, are still under wraps.

Beyond the DLC additions planned for Fall of Cybertron, Tieger also announced that the Transformers game's multiplayer mode would now boast host migration, making re-hosting of a multiplayer match smoother and less painful, should the host disconnect during gameplay.

source (http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/12/3154811/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-multiplayer-lets-you-build-your-own)

The info below is from IGN.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron will support two five-on-five multiplayer modes (team deathmatch and capture points), feature 10 maps, and add host migration. Now that the fact sheet is out of the way, the real news is that you can build your own Transformer in multiplayer, and that's frickin' sweet.

There are four classes of online Transformer -- infiltration, destroyer, titan and scientist -- and each one of those not only has its own level to chip away at with XP but also multiple appearances. You can jump into each of those slots, choose what pieces you use, and buy new items. Heads, wings, metallic/matte finishes -- they're all yours to swap as you see fit. Then, tweak the colors and choose some upgrades.

The online gameplay itself was fun -- although I thought maps were a bit too big as I seemed to be driving around looking for people to shoot and the melee animation could use some sprucing up -- but being able to equip rocket launchers and choose different upgrades for different loadouts were the real hotness.

Video -Transformers Fall of Cybertron Multiplayer Deets Comic Con 2012 (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/07/12/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-multiplayer-deets-comic-con-2012)

Source - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/12/comic-con-build-a-transformer-in-fall-of-cybertron)

Kai Freefall
07-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Wow, and i didn't think i could be more excited for this game than i already was, good post sir :)
Future DLC also sounds like good times.

Comic-Con Transformers Fall of Cybertron Multiplayer, Dynabots, Insecticons, Gameplay Preview - YouTube

Theres also a few other new videos poking around from comic con.

Transformers Fall of Cybertron - MULTIPLAYER - Infiltrator and Titan Rampage HD - YouTube

Transformers Fall of Cybertron - MULTIPLAYER - Scientist Kill Streak HD - YouTube

Transformers Fall of Cybertron - MULTIPLAYER - Dominating Conquest HD - YouTube

07-13-2012, 09:35 AM

The above link will take you to a Borderlands 2 thread with a video thats has "world exclusive" footage of the Transformers multiplayer. The link is in the first post. The last 3 minutes of the video is where the Transformers multiplayer footage is. I have not watched other videos to see if someone has posted the footage or the videos posted above.

07-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Damnit, I have too much going on in September...

Why is this game looking more and more awesome and why is it being released at then end of Summer when people are so busy?
Why not release it halfway through Summer when people have more spare time than they know what to do with.

Back on topic though, customisation is nothing if I don't get shockwave's head. :p

Kai Freefall
07-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Back on topic though, customisation is nothing if I don't get shockwave's head. :p

Well, i have seen starscream and vortex's head in vids, so i think chances are good for you my good sir :D

07-20-2012, 04:13 AM
This looks awesome can't wait to buy this game!

Kai Freefall
07-26-2012, 04:46 PM

And these are just the Demo options :D

Kai Freefall
08-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Found some footage which i believe is taken from the full game, you know that thing we are all sort of eagerly awaiting ;)

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Multiplayer Walktrough - YouTube

Points to note, a hell of alot more part options, and perhaps just as important, a much deeper/richer colour pallet compared to the last game or more recently the FoC demo.