PDA

View Full Version : Regicide Mode Amps Up Competitive Gameplay in Multiplayer

DividedbyN1ght
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Aside from the large single-player campaign, the multiplayer modes in Halo 4 are going to be the biggest draw to the game—which is no surprise given the series’ pedigree for offering intense competitive and cooperative experiences.

Renown gaming commentator Adam “SeaNanners” Montoya spent a lot of time with the Halo 4 build present at the recent showing of the game at Rooster Teeth Expo last weekend and uploaded footage of his experience with the game. He played a lot of the Regicide game mode, where the player with the most points is the “king”, who’s worth more points than every other player you kill. As Regicide is a point-based game, there are other ways to earn points throughout the battle besides simply killing other players.

Halo 4 (Multiplayer Gameplay) - YouTube

The demo had three maps on offering, including Haven, Adrift, and Longbow (http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7648/article/halo-4-multiplayer-map-longbow-offers-arctic-warfare/), which is a map which we recently featured. All three maps were also present within the E3 demo of the game, but 343i had more to offer in terms of gameplay this time around as they let players enjoy a hands-on experience of the game.

SeaNanners describes the new Battle Rifle as feeling very similar—though not necessarily identical—to the BR in Halo 3. He verifies that there are Call of Duty-esque hit markers so you’ll never have to worry about whether your shots are hitting enemies.

Source (http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7879/article/halo-4-s-regicide-mode-amps-up-competitive-gameplay-in-multiplayer/)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried searching for "Regicide mode," in different ways in the Halo 4 threads and couldn't find anything. I try not to post too much information under a single game for fear of "spamming." If it is considered spamming I do apologize.

Ty-Rex
07-12-2012, 10:56 PM
I tried searching for "Regicide mode," in different ways in the Halo 4 threads and couldn't find anything. I try not to post too much information under a single game for fear of "spamming." If it is considered spamming I do apologize.
I don't mind since there's only like 5 of us who post here, but if you want, you can just make like one thread with news regarding the game and ask a mod to put the threads you've already made into that. Then you can just update it once something new comes out.

TuM Predator
07-12-2012, 11:07 PM
This gameplay looks awesome.. love how hit markers are now in the game and I can't wait to start using BR again .. they may have actually done a good job here.. let's hope so

DividedbyN1ght
07-12-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't mind since there's only like 5 of us who post here, but if you want, you can just make like one thread with news regarding the game and ask a mod to put the threads you've already made into that. Then you can just update it once something new comes out.

That's a good idea thanks.