PDA

View Full Version : Should there be a feedback session for players on X360a?

Aiden95
07-13-2012, 01:03 AM
hey, basically i think that there should be some sort of a feedback system that people can check to see if a player is trustworthy and so you can see how they play. it would help a lot to see if a player is sincere in helping or whether they would just give a hit'n'run. what do you guys think? (im sorry if this is already a thread but i havent seen it)

StayonTarget
07-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Like in Achievement Trading, if they were helpful? That's actually a great idea. I'm not sure how that could be implemented into the site but it is a really good idea.

Then again, some websites like minecraftforums.net (http://www.minecraftforum.net/) have a rep system.

Veedrock
07-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Too easy to troll and abuse the system. Kind of like rating threads (the current 1-star rating courtesy of me), but feedback wouldn't be pointless like thread ratings are (or maybe it would be, and at that point then what?).

Junkdewd
07-13-2012, 01:49 AM
TA already does this well. I've completed more games in the last 2 months than I was able to do in almost a year trying to get boost partners here.

CaRo
07-13-2012, 01:56 AM
That would be pretty cool to see some kind of reputation system on here but then again some people could abuse it and not use it for how it should be used. Still like the idea either way.

StayonTarget
07-13-2012, 02:58 AM
It would need some sort of plugin that involves 2+ people agreeing that they are/were working with each other. I'm not exactly sure how this forum is made so I have no clue if it's possible.

The Rabbit Suit
07-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Sounds great.

fastNcurious
07-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Interesting idea, but too easy to exploit. Unlike ebay where you actually have to complete a transaction that ebay itself can confirm, there is nothing similar here. I could create 10 accounts and give myself 10 great ratings.

That's one of the reasons why you can't submit reviews on people you haven't actually played with on Xbox Live. They don't want you to randomly exploit it (not that rep means anything, but still).

Veedrock
07-13-2012, 03:21 AM
I could create 10 accounts and give myself 10 great ratings.

And all 10(+1) accounts would get banned because multiple accounts are against the site rules.

>.>

DragonsGoMOO
07-13-2012, 04:08 AM
Good idea on paper.

ChickinOnaChain
07-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah...too easy to troll and not reliable. It'd be better to ask friends to recommend you someone.

As for thread rating...that shit is one of the most useless things here and should be removed. It serves no purpose.

zarda1
07-13-2012, 09:29 PM
If it was for a session and only the players involved in the session could send feedback there would be no trolling. thats how other sites do it, but with that said if you want that go visit one of those other sites. any other type of rating system would be as useful as your rep on xbox live.

Sarsage
07-13-2012, 09:41 PM
If you want to boost or get help on achievements go on TrueAchievements.

Tsaako
07-13-2012, 09:58 PM
To be honest, some sort of rep / feedback system would be great.

Aiden95
07-15-2012, 06:11 AM
im not on about any rep system. i just mean some tab that you could click on, search the players name and see what feedback he got from players that played with him. i think that this would stop a lot of pain from people playing with bad people.

and theyre could be conditions to it, like having to have made 100 posts and been a member for 3 months or something like that to stop trolling

Wildmn34
07-15-2012, 07:00 AM
If you want to boost or get help on achievements go on TrueAchievements.

Why?

People do both here as well.

LankstaTDOT
07-15-2012, 07:24 AM
That's a great idea dude, I'm all for it!

Too easy to troll and abuse the system. Kind of like rating threads (the current 1-star rating courtesy of me), but feedback wouldn't be pointless like thread ratings are (or maybe it would be, and at that point then what?).

To get rid of the trolling, along with the member rating, also there should be a way to show user names of those who recommend that specific person, that way if that person is recommended by a known member in the site we know we can trust him/her.

[Waggly Bean]
07-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Pretty sure this has been suggested before, and given a straight out 'no' by the higher-Ups.

I always thought it was a good idea - I'm sure they could come up with some way to make it abuse-proof...

Have to say I don't really boost stuff anymore, but if I did I would prob use my TA account. Guides here, TA for actual set up. IMO TA have a much better system for this and it's something x360a could do with looking into.

Didi Mau
07-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Did we not use to do this via the Social Groups section of the site? I swear when I joined up in '09 there used to be some sort of "reliable boosters community" that you could join if you were a polite booster to a current member, or something. Having never paid attention to how the Social Groups work though, I'm not sure if they can be set up as invite-only or whether anyone could join regardless.

FFFreak1129
07-16-2012, 03:38 AM
It sounds like a good idea, but I agree with others that it would be too easy to troll and abuse it. If there was a way that it could be confirmed that the people actually played then yeah go for it.