PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get lag from using a Hauppage?

Graemzy
07-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Does anyone that using a Hauppage or other capture card reckon that it causes the game to lag slightly?

It could just be the game but i just said id see what others think!

Rep
07-13-2012, 02:03 AM
I have been using mine for three years now and have never experienced any lag. I'm pretty sure it's just the game you're playing.

iBuzz7S
07-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Lag on your TV or lag on the program you're using to record? My one lags on the program a little bit, but I don't use that as my playing screen. :p

Rep
07-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Lag on your TV or lag on the program you're using to record? My one lags on the program a little bit, but I don't use that as my playing screen. :p

I would be surprised if someone had actually tried to do that, lol. :)

iBuzz7S
07-13-2012, 02:36 AM
I would be surprised if someone had actually tried to do that, lol. :)
Ha ha. Well my PC and TV are right next to one another and I have tried to use the monitor while recording and it's just horrid. There is maybe just under a second of lag, a lot worse than what it would be if you were playing a game online.

I actually know like 2 people who prefer the laggy play. They say it helps them when playing online with someone with a terrible connection. :eek:

CaRo
07-13-2012, 03:24 AM
I don't believe its your capture card lagging, probably just the game that's lagging. What game are you trying to record if you don't mind me asking? I figure it would make a difference if it was an online game or just campaign. My computer screen lags sometimes when I record though, no matter what game I'm playing. Just my crappy computer and the program its run in.