PDA

View Full Version : Downloading from microsoft store

CODMW2DUDE
07-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Is it possible to download games from the microsoft store onto a flashdrive, then take that flashdrive connect it to your Xbox 360 then transfer the content. I have configured the flashdrive for my xbox 360 by the way. I do not have a internet connection fast enough for xbox live so am i basically screwed as far as downloading games, themes, avatars, gamer pics, demos, add-ons, and anything else.

Veedrock
07-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Uhh, no. Assuming you mean xbox.com, it doesn't even allow you to download the games from your computer. Downloads have to be done directly from the Xbox.

CODMW2DUDE
07-13-2012, 05:36 AM
Ok, thanks. God this sucks.

Moryii
07-13-2012, 06:18 AM
There's an option to set on Background downloads. So you can turn off your Xbox when you go to sleep, and the Xbox will just use enough power to download any items in your queue, then when it's finished it will shut off completely. Quite useful.

Dav13s
07-13-2012, 08:34 AM
There's an option to set on Background downloads. So you can turn off your Xbox when you go to sleep, and the Xbox will just use enough power to download any items in your queue, then when it's finished it will shut off completely. Quite useful.

And completely irrelevant to what OP asked.

OT - No, buy a hard drive.

[Waggly Bean]
07-13-2012, 09:31 AM

If I'm reading it right, buying a HDD won't help in any way either. He needs a faster internet connection and that's that. ;)

Dav13s
07-13-2012, 09:42 AM
;5176067']If I'm reading it right, buying a HDD won't help in any way either. He needs a faster internet connection and that's that. ;)

Sorry yea, my bad. In another thread he was on about putting DLC on a flash drive because he didn't have an HDD. I kinda merged my answer for both into the answer on this one lol. Seriously though, must be on dial up to not be able to run XBL.

[Waggly Bean]
07-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Sorry yea, my bad. In another thread he was on about putting DLC on a flash drive because he didn't have an HDD. I kinda merged my answer for both into the answer on this one lol. Seriously though, must be on dial up to not be able to run XBL.

Yep, seriously. I have a fairly low speed ADSL connection, and I can still game online with little to no lag, so he MUST have dial-up speeds or something... :confused:

MightyPeter
07-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Is it possible to download games from the microsoft store onto a flashdrive, then take that flashdrive connect it to your Xbox 360 then transfer the content. I have configured the flashdrive for my xbox 360 by the way. I do not have a internet connection fast enough for xbox live so am i basically screwed as far as downloading games, themes, avatars, gamer pics, demos, add-ons, and anything else.

If you were to take your actual 360 with you, get connected somewhere and then buy all the stuff you want, it will work off-line on the console that you bought it on...

[Waggly Bean]
07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
If you were to take your actual 360 with you, get connected somewhere and then buy all the stuff you want, it will work off-line on the console that you bought it on...

Unless they are Indie Games, which annoyingly don't even load unless you're connected to Live... :(

xXxDave69prxXx
07-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Dude the only thing need a Intenret more faster Bro More (MB)

[Waggly Bean]
07-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Dude the only thing need a Intenret more faster Bro More (MB)

Um.... what?

ChickinOnaChain
07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Mine's not that fast either. If it's a big DL, I just let it do it after I get off the 360. It'll shut off when it's done.

CODMW2DUDE
07-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah but i do have dial-up. It's a pain. I just hope that i can get some faster internet one of these days

Gackt
07-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah but i do have dial-up. It's a pain. I just hope that i can get some faster internet one of these days

Do you live in the middle of nowhere? I live on a mountain in the middle of nowhere and I have access to DSL/Cable/Satellite
Perhaps you should check the ISPs in your area and see if they have anything available.

Skorpion XBA
07-13-2012, 04:48 PM
I also live in the middle of nowhere on a mountain and I have satellite internet. It's not too fast, but sometimes games will download while I'm playing another game. I usually just wait until I turn it off and let it download while I'm sleeping.

CODMW2DUDE
07-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah i do live in the middle of nowhere so i will check that out.

Moryii
07-14-2012, 07:41 AM
And completely irrelevant to what OP asked.

He was asking for a way to transfer content from computer to Xbox, due to his low download speed. He wants a faster way of doing that, and the only real way is to get faster internet. If he does what I suggested, he could download what he wishes when he's asleep.