PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with buying 5 star stats?

CaRu
07-14-2012, 02:47 AM
First off, I was not planning on buying this, I just thought I would look because I have never seen it before. So when I clicked on it, it told me it would cost me -1 MSP. What in the world? Just thought it was interesting haha.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q547/CaRiLs/IMG_6418.jpg

HugTheBear
07-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Just another cheap way for EA to make money.

I H8ME I Santos
07-14-2012, 03:45 AM
Just another cheap way for EA to make money.

Agree. They love $$$
It's no longer about the gameplay as they already have so many fans that are dedicated to their sport games.

CaRu
07-14-2012, 03:46 AM
Its pretty sad if you actually had to buy that because really it takes only a few games on Freshman and you've got it easy.

ChickinOnaChain
07-14-2012, 03:49 AM
I remember when EA was a cool company that made great games. I guess they still do that but like it's been said, it's all about the money now.

CaRu
07-14-2012, 03:54 AM
I remember when EA was a cool company that made great games. I guess they still do that but like it's been said, it's all about the money now.

They used to be cool before the online pass thing came out. That's one of the dumbest things ever, but that's a whole nother subject haha.

HugTheBear
07-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Its pretty sad if you actually had to buy that because really it takes only a few games on Freshman and you've got it easy.

Yeah. There's a couple other things in the game that are fairly simple that EA charges for. I forget what they were though. One of them had something to do with recruiting, I think.

rikib004
07-14-2012, 09:43 PM
I read an article a while back, and I'm sure it was an EA exec saying Micro-Transactions are where it's at in gaming nowadays.... and this is one way to do it I guess.

Azilla11
07-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Its insane on how they come up with so much crap to make more money on.

JackBauer24
07-15-2012, 04:45 PM
I read an article a while back, and I'm sure it was an EA exec saying Micro-Transactions are where it's at in gaming nowadays.... and this is one way to do it I guess.

Developers don't know how to get more sales. They tend to watch the one developer that is growing or selling by making copycat games. Whether they be COD style FPSs or cover based 3rd person shooters like Gears Of War. The imagination seems to have dwindled this generation of games. How else to get a little more money? By squeezing a few more dimes out of your dollars. Developers would rather sell you DLC that would have already been in the game if it were made 10 years ago than actually use their collective brains on making the game better.

I've said it before about not buying EA sports titles, but this year's NCAA took the cake. The Heisman cutscene that was in the game 2-3 years ago is missing in a game centered around the Heisman. The menu/intro, recruiting process is exactly the same as last year. RTG, Dynasty, and gameplay is also unchanged. The only thing they added this year is a silly new mode which is essentially RTG mode.

Rant over

yourbreakfast99
07-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Developers don't know how to get more sales. They tend to watch the one developer that is growing or selling by making copycat games. Whether they be COD style FPSs or cover based 3rd person shooters like Gears Of War. The imagination seems to have dwindled this generation of games. How else to get a little more money? By squeezing a few more dimes out of your dollars. Developers would rather sell you DLC that would have already been in the game if it were made 10 years ago than actually use their collective brains on making the game better.

I've said it before about not buying EA sports titles, but this year's NCAA took the cake. The Heisman cutscene that was in the game 2-3 years ago is missing in a game centered around the Heisman. The menu/intro, recruiting process is exactly the same as last year. RTG, Dynasty, and gameplay is also unchanged. The only thing they added this year is a silly new mode which is essentially RTG mode.

Rant over

Well said and im guessing you're a fan of 24

ghostx30
08-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Here's a thought. We don't have to buy it just because it's there. Trust me, if they couldn't count on a bunch of fucking morons buying this shit to further stoke the flames of their greed, then they wouldn't put it out there. People have forgotten that the choice is still ours to be made. We can let them keep sticking their hands in our wallets or we can say "fuck you! Get the fuck outta here!" and problem solved.

twotonkoala
08-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Here's a thought. We don't have to buy it just because it's there. Trust me, if they couldn't count on a bunch of fucking morons buying this shit to further stoke the flames of their greed, then they wouldn't put it out there. People have forgotten that the choice is still ours to be made. We can let them keep sticking their hands in our wallets or we can say "fuck you! Get the fuck outta here!" and problem solved.

True. I don't disagree.

When it sucks however, is in modes like Ultimate Team (which they're now incorporating into every game they make, the only reason they haven't in NCAA is because they can't own rights to the players likeness). Where the idiots that are willing to spend a hundred bucks just to buy packs. That pretty much defeats the purpose of trying to fight back, AND puts you in a worse spot when attempting to compete legitimately.

Frustrating for sure. I wish they didn't own so many rights to prevent any competition.

eiVaL
08-14-2012, 08:35 PM
they had this for tiger woods years ago back in 04 or sumthing where you could max out your created player 11 OVR in all categories for 200msp

Kno Logic
11-18-2012, 06:43 PM
That's flat out insane that somebody would even pay for this.