PDA

View Full Version : Weird thing happened on Xbox Live...

jbishop182
07-14-2012, 06:37 PM
So I was there playing The Witcher 2 and suddenly an unfamiliar gamertag popped up telling me they were online. I thought it might be a recently added boosting partner however; when I looked on my friends list, there was no-one matching the notification.

Why have I got a notification of an unknown player, who I am not friends with, as soon as they are online?

:confused::confused:

Thee Elf
07-14-2012, 06:52 PM
If they recently changed their GamerTag sometimes it takes a day or two before the old name quits appearing and the new name starts appearing. So the notification might same GamerTag A but your friend's list might still reflect GamerTag B.

Samigi
07-14-2012, 06:53 PM
This thread keeps popping up, its just a bug most likely, I doubt you'll see that gamer tag again. It happened to me last week.

ChickinOnaChain
07-14-2012, 06:56 PM
This is the 3-4 thread I've seen like this. It's weird that it's happening to several people or at all. But I'd agree it's got to be someone who's changed their GT.

mrj3d
07-14-2012, 07:14 PM
This is the 3-4 thread I've seen like this. It's weird that it's happening to several people or at all. But I'd agree it's got to be someone who's changed their GT.

Yeah this is exactly what I was gonna say. I've seen this a lot around here lately.

my_box_72
07-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Meh post in previous threads before creating new one OP

DragonsGoMOO
07-14-2012, 09:20 PM
If something weird happens, it's either just a delay, or just a glitch. There's no need for a thread if it happens once.

Gackt
07-14-2012, 09:40 PM
If something weird happens, it's either just a delay, or just a glitch. There's no need for a thread if it happens once.

Some people might be concerned about it, surely you can understand his concern that someone he doesn't know is on his friendslist. No harm in him asking others about it dude.

Spanish Assault
07-14-2012, 10:51 PM
So I was there playing The Witcher 2 and suddenly an unfamiliar gamertag popped up telling me they were online. I thought it might be a recently added boosting partner however; when I looked on my friends list, there was no-one matching the notification.

Why have I got a notification of an unknown player, who I am not friends with, as soon as they are online?

:confused::confused:
It prob means you will:

a. be hacked and lose all your monies
b. be abducted by underground drug lords who look for little boys to sell into the sex slave trade
c. die

or it could be a random bug.....or is it? [insert evil laugh and lightning]

A ZombieTwinkie
07-15-2012, 06:40 AM
I love how this has popped up a few times in the past few weeks. It's like everyone is like, 'Someone new on my XBL Friends list I don't recognize? Something must be wrong. To X360A. POST HASTE!!!!'

As a few people have posted, it's just people changing their gamertags, and the system hasn't caught up. Mine was like that when I changed it years ago.